Do You Use Baby Bottles?

boy ricky

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS MO!!

You've just made your 100th postage!

How duz it feel ta have made it to Postury?

(disclaimer... anything I may have said in this post may not be true, accurate, precise, or otherwise completely spelled correcticly as postages only go up; not down or side ways or all the other ways a postage can't go)

Sometimes I take a baba out in the car with me for water when I am on trips. I will take a baba and my sippy cup when I go to camp in June.

Froggy

*straightens out hers apron she made by tying her puppet ape named Ron around her waist*

… comon Ape Won, wets go make boywicky sum magical capinated bottles…

*mixes in a bowl a bar of baker’s chocolate, tea leaves, honey, powdered sugar, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pixie stick sugar, fun dip sugar, rock candy, warm milk, banana, OJ, java mints, and one tootsie roll*

(heats the mixture in the microwave for 23 seconds)

*mixes it before carefully pouring off half the liquid into a bottle… then wipes the other half she spilled up with her shirt, a kitchen towel, and a handy idea of just licking up the rest off the counter*

…here ya go boywicky! I made it special for you… its gooooood I tastidid it... :D

Wowser

way way way way awesome. the best ever! *giggle*

*giggle*

*giggle*

*giggle*

*giggle*

*giggle*

*giggle*

i got the *giggle*

whoops

a lot of *giggle*at the same time is the *giggles* Daddy says!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I take a warm drink in a bottle to bed most nights :) but use a sippy cup during the day.

Seems there are quite a few off us that cant or dont like to drink milk :(

Is it unusual for a AB/DL type to just want to drink more adult things?

If it's not coffee, wine, or something yet harder, it's water. :P

My baba is almost always formula. My sippy cups are different. I have coffee, kool aid, juice, milk, beer berry and Daddy's wine juice sometimes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely use a bottle. Though mine has mostly turned into a sippy. I have an Avent, and I put a spout on it with handles. It works really well! However, I would prefer to keep bottles, and then have separate sippies, but the bottles are 11 ounces, and the biggest sippy I can find is 9 ounces. I'd like one more like 12 ounces.

I have bot bots! in the Uk i hear parents call them bot bot rather than baba so thats what i call em, baba is what a grown up says to a baby "arnt you a cute lil baba" i only hab milk (either plain milk or choccy milk, i used to have peach milk which my freind used to send me as it wasnt available where i live, they stopped making it now) oh and i have bannana milk sometimes to! i have fast flow teats on my botbot, and im annoyed becuase i prefer the traditional latex teats, but its getting very hard to find them where i live, theyve all been replaced with silicone teats.

I LOVE my babas! I have tried out several different kinds and so far the best ones for me are the playtex with drop ins. I gots a pink one and a green one, am looking for a purple one! :D I love having some milk or juice in em. I gots some sippies too, but i love my babas. Always have been in love with em. ^_^

i dont gots dat problem :thumbsup: I did with the Avent bottles but those make funny noises and i cant keep them from leaking...so I use the playtex dropins. An i gotsa say i neber been happier :);)

Closest thing to a baby bottle that I use these days is a water bottle with a sports cap. If I have a choice, I prefer the sports cap and those make funny noises just like the Avent Bottles. :P

I have Baby bottles that I use. I am new to that. I started and I couldn't get anything sucked through the nipple. I got a nipple from one of the other bottles and it was better, but it all depends on which way it is with the slit in it with whether it works or not. Anyone know which nipples are the easiest to use. I have duchenne muscular dystrophy. Makes all my muscles weaker. I didn't think my sucking muscles. But my nurse told me that babies can suck much more powerfully than adultS can. Because adults just lose that.

Does anyone have any suggestion of which ones would be the easiest. And less gas if possible.

I have put cold water in a baby bottle and drank that. Also juice and Warm milk in a baby bottle. I've only used it like four times. Since the beginning of 2007 when I first started and first bought my first Baby bottle and first pacifier. But used diapers for the last 10 years.

Diapertac

Diapertac: there are different flows of nipples you can get. The younger the age on the box the less flow. I use playtex bottles and they work just wonderfully.

If you cant find one that works for you, try sticking a sewing needle through the openings to widen the the place of flow. I did this with some of my older bottles. But be careful...its easy to mess them up.

Good luck! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this thread but I think Playtex Ventaire Standard Bottles (Stage 2 nipples, slightly opened with a sterile pin ran along the premade "Y" shaped hole) are great and people should give them a try! They're angled to prevent a lot of gas and that helps even us bigger babies...They did for me anyway. They're the only babas I'll use now!

As far as what's IN my babas, all "average" liquids - water, juice, milk, etc... coffee, staining juices (like V8), and thick drinks (like milkshakes or fiber drinks) go in a straw cup cause they would clog/stain the baba nipple.

~ moogle