LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

An Interesting Read on Diapers and Development

I’m not quite sure what brought me to stumble onto this, but I found a few Quora threads that help explain where some of people’s fascination with diapers come from.

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-my-son-like-to-wear-diapers

https://www.quora.com/How-common-is-it-for-a-12-year-old-to-like-wearing-diapers

If anyone’s interested, take the time to really read some of the responses. For me, at least, it makes a lot of sense as to why I developed a need for them.

This makes more sense now. I know some toddlers have gotten attached to diapers and then parents would have a hard time toilet training them. Then they eventually grow out of it and potty train, same as how kids outgrow strong attachment to objects like a blankie or a stiffed animal and some never grow out of it, some just happen to be attached to diapers. But now how to explain why some like diapers later in life than liking them from the time they were potty trained. 

• 2 weeks later...

A very interesting read indeed.

From the first few minutes of life a baby is put in a diaper and for a number of years thereafter by an adult. [..] But, again I must stress to parents who do have children who are true DL/TBs through no fault of their own. They did not pick this fate nor did anyone else for them. It is simply something that happened. They are still just as normal as any other child. They just have a secret and this secret can hurt them very badly if not handled in a caring and loving manor. [..] This is an obsession that the child has no control over. It is embedded into their mind so deeply it cannot be changed. [..] The important thing here is that the parent needs to make sure that the child understands there is nothing wrong with them and the parent needs to understand that too. A diaper is harmless to anyone.

I think those a wise words. Diapers are present from the first minute on in ones live and play a role later on when the transition to toilet is made. It's very understandable some become emotionally attached to them permanently. For sure if the process of achieving not needing to wear a diaper anymore was a strong emotional, abusive or even traumatic experience.

I'd say if your kid comes out to you about their diaper desire that is a sign of massive trust and should be treated with loving care. I would still try to work out with him or her a bit about the background of their desire (as life without a diaper desire is, when push comes to shove, easier) as I think that's the role of a responsible parent too. Not to deny the child their feelings or anything, but just to keep in touch with how the desire develops over time from that moment on.