LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anna. (Complete)

So, this is sort of unprecedented, but... this story has no ABDL content at all.  So why are we posting it on DailyDiapers?  Because we wrote it and we want to share it.  Because by now, you guys know the kind of intricate plots and characters Pudding and I create.  And because we honestly think it will get more views here than anywhere else.  Maybe our fans want something different from authors they trust, or maybe someone just needs a free book to read.  I dunno.  Either way, I hope you read it.  I hope you enjoy it.  And as always, thank you for your constant love and support. ❤️ 

Complete PDF and ePub versions are available on Patreon as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

347640376_ACH1resize.png.f79d004db79bacdff3d288cca8a208a0.png

Nobody wants to be the new kid. The new kid doesn't know where the cafeteria is, or that the door to the photography dark room isn't labeled and subsequently ends up ruining a whole semester's worth of work in a heartbeat. The new kid doesn't know that the meatloaf on Tuesdays is mostly newspaper - though that should be obvious - or that it's against the rules to put combination locks on lockers. I guess there's good reason nobody likes the new kid. Heck, if I wasn't the new kid, I wouldn't like me either. I stood awkwardly at the front of the twelve students in advisory group, looking up at the clock that read 9:15.

"So. You know the drill guys. This is," The middle-aged man with glasses looked down at the sheet and then back up, like he hadn't even made an effort to learn my name, "Star… right. Yeah. Anyway, does anybody want to volunteer to show him around? You'll get a pardon from first hour if you do. What about you, Anna? Show the new kid around? You're never in first hour anyway; at least it'll be legitimate this time."

And that's me. A boy named Star that needed people to be blackmailed into wanting to know me. Welcome to Ellison High, I guess.

I climbed out of my seat and grabbed the messenger bag off the ground, slinging it over my shoulder and giving the teacher a salute before departing, the new kid in tow.

"They call me Anna." I'm short, yeah.  I'm a little overdressed for high school.  I wear too much black.  I ignore classes best I can.  I don't dance.  I'm bisexual.  And I don't like new kids… in most cases. "Star's a dumb name."

"I know, right? My parents are messed up - they don't work, they don't do anything but sit around getting high all day and 'listening to the earth-mother'. We only moved cause they got kicked out of another place because they decided 'the earth-mothers desires' meant they didn't need to pay rent. So I'm Star. My sister got it worse, though, her name is Moonbeam. And my brother is Sunray. My name's actually short for Twinklestar, but I already get given enough crap about looking like a homo without that association."

Oof.  Maybe that was too much information.  Fuck it.  I followed Anna through the halls and looked around.

"This really is a kinda shitty school, huh? Shouldn't get used to it, though, we'll have to move again in a few months. Stupid hippie parents. What's up with you? I thought goth died out in the 80's."

"Not goth.  Just me." If anything, I was closer to emo or scene. "I decided I like you.  Wanna make out?" But I didn't give Star a second before pinning him against the lockers in the empty hallway, my lips only as far away from his as our heights were different. Once, gently, I put them against his. Then I laughed it off.

“Twinklestar.  Maybe you don't like girls." I let him go and smiled up at him.  I rarely took a shine to anyone so quickly.  But his attitude, his honesty… was something I admired.  I guess if he really skipped around from school to school, he didn’t have time for subtlety.

"Oh, I like girls." I shrugged and started walking down the hall again, this time with the girl following behind me. "Problem is, you look like you like girls, too.  And people are already gonna think I'm a princess when they hear my name - it'll be worse if they know my full name - and the last thing I need is to be making out with a lesbian.” I went on with my diatribe, wondering if she was even listening.

“You're cute. Maybe a seven. But you'd need to be a nine to be worth getting my ass kicked over. And I will get my ass kicked, because if I 'stray from the divine path of the pacifist', I'll get kicked out of my home."

I looked at the class numbers and then at my timetable. "I got Math. Catch you 'round, Anna." My hand rested on the classroom door, and I turned and looked at the girl. "See ya 'round."

I put my hands on the top of my head with fingers laced together, smiling after the boy.  Maybe this year won't suck after all.

///

I plopped down across from Star at lunch, licking an ice cream cone.  That, four cookies, and a package of M&M's was what constituted my lunch. "What's up Twinkle?  Enjoying your first day?" I licked at my cone while I spoke, taking breaks between sentences.

"Hey, keep it down - I've made it through most of the day without anybody figuring that out. Unless you only wanna be able to make out through a straw, that is."

Ugh. Fucking tofu again. Look, okay, I don't mind the stuff when its cooked right, but you can't just put cold lumps of soy curd between two pieces of what passed for bread in my family and expect it to make a compelling lunch. I tossed the pseudo-sandwich in the trash and looked across the table at the girl, snatching the ice cream from her hand and continuing to lick it myself.

"Fuck yeah, dairy. I’m gonna regret this later when I'm immobilized by my stomach evacuating itself. But there's no regret like ice cream regret. What else you got there?"

I opened up the bag of M&M's and picked out the green ones, passing them along the table. "I don't like the green ones.  They're too provocative.  Hopefully you've seen the commercials or you'll just think I'm crazy." I paired the M&M's into colors, having given up my ice cream already.  He looked like he needed it anyway.

"We don't have a TV. The mass media controls people using it, didn't you hear? Hey, you got a spare bedroom? Or a closet floor? I once lived at my old school for a week and a half just to get away from my nutbag parents." I ate the green M&M's without hesitation, but they didn't taste very provocative.

"Should these make me wanna take off my clothes and pole-dance? I always wanted to learn to pole-dance. I think it's sexy. Not when girls do it, though - they make it too slutty."

"You're not helping your homo case, by the way.  Saying things like that."  I finished off my M&M's and passed Star one of my four cookies, biting into one of my own. "I have a bedroom and a closet.  Though I don't think you'll be allowed to live in either.  My parents aren't big on letting strangers move in.  Plus, you clearly have your own closet you haven't come out of yet."

"Hey, you don't gotta be gay to know what sexy is." The cookie was amazing, but the chocolate chips were only going to add to my dairy-related problems after lunch. Worth it. "People are so wound up on labels. Boys are sexy doing some things and girls are sexy doing others. Doesn't mean I'm gonna go out behind the tool-shed and find a tool to call my own."

I finished the cookie and looked across the cafeteria. "Okay, see him? He's sexy. Nice hair, glasses coordinated with his shoes, pressed clothes, clean nails. But her, over there? She's sexy, too. In a sweet demure way. The jock and the cheer-skank over by the door, making out? Not sexy."

Wow.  Good taste.  I smiled up at Star with a little coy grin, but quickly let it fade before he looked back at me. "You smoke?  With hippie parents and all, I can only imagine…" I bit into another cookie.

"Well, not professionally. Money's a great way to regulate an addiction, so I guess the fact I'm dirt-poor is gonna mean I outlive everyone else. Or I'll just die because my family doesn't believe in insurance." What was the question again? Oh right.

"When I do smoke, it's mostly to piss them off. They talk about the dangers of cigarettes and stuff, and then spend all day smoking weed and munching on mushrooms." We both stood up and I looked at Anna with a coy little smile; she was cute, yeah. She'd lose interest in me when the novelty of the hippie boy wore off, though.

"Do you, like, wanna hang out or something?" That's cool, Anna.  You only just met this kid. "Er… just think about it, okay?  Meet me outside the front doors by the parking lot after school if you're game." I quickly got up and gave a small wave, turning away from the boy and leaving him to whatever the hell he wanted to do for his afternoon.  I had class work to make up.

• Like 6

This proves that adorable doesn't need to have diapers or ABDL in the story to be fun to red.  I hope you continue with this.                                                                             

Me: "I don't have time for another story in my life right now."

Also me: *Sees a new S&P story and just can't help myself* :D

I love this already. Star reminds me of myself in a few ways. Specifically with lines like this:

5 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

Okay, see him? He's sexy. Nice hair, glasses coordinated with his shoes, pressed clothes, clean nails. But her, over there? She's sexy, too. In a sweet demure way. The jock and the cheer-skank over by the door, making out? Not sexy."

He strikes me as being Demisexual. Although I'm not familiar enough with all the Sexual Identity terms to know for sure. But it would certainly explain a lot of his behaviors.

Dammit, I'm just gonna have to make time for this story, aren't I?

Ahhhh!!  Guys, thank you so so so much for the kind words, and for reading this story. ;_; You are all so sweet to me!

Star is such a unique, eccentric character.  Like, I honestly think no one in fiction can even come close to Star's huge personality!  That's all Puddin's doing!  She's my partner for a reason. :wub:

I'm going to put the rest of Chapter 1 up later tonight (yes, the chapters are bigger, so they are sort of split up?) and give you guys a bit more content. ^_^ Thank you ALL SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS.  I literally can't put it into words how much this means to me.

~Sophie

///

I managed to dive out of classes just before the bell rang, grabbing my car and positioning it near the school entrance.  I drove quite a big SUV, which was so contrary to my size.  Maybe I was compensating for something.

"Oh, my parents are gonna hate you. We should totally date." I closed the door behind me and slid into the seat of the SUV, looking around and taking it all in. "You get pretty good acoustics in here - we should form a band. Plenty of space, and I bet the sound system is excessively over-the-top. Capitalism on wheels. Nice." I reached down and reclined the seat all the way, laying back and putting my scruffy second-hand pink Chucks up on the dashboard. Figured she was a spoiled brat - probably came from old money. It's whatever, though; she was cute and she gave me ice cream. Well, technically I took it and it did mean missing half of my afternoon classes while I sat rooted to the toilet. But hey man, ice cream.

"You read me like a book, Twinkle." I turned on the radio - yes, yes, radio - and started the endless journey of escaping the parking lot with a million other students trying to do the exact same thing with only one exit.  Most of our time was spent just… well, sitting there.  In the parking lot.  Inching forward occasionally.  The real downside of driving to school, I guess.

"You know, we could have walked home at this rate." I figured we were still a hundred inches away from exiting, but when each inch was one at a time that could take a while. "So I'm moving in, right? I'll sleep in your closet and sort your shoes by brand, color and season. In exchange, you'll throw me cookies every few days." We finally pulled out onto the main-street and the sound of the SUV engine doing something other than idling made me smile. "Lemme drive, I've never driven before."

"Sounds like a personal problem.  No way I'm letting you drive my car." I pulled out into the street, and half-a-second later got hit by another car, bumping into Star's side of the vehicle.  After the car rocked roughly from side to side, I managed to catch my breath. "The irony hurts more than the car crash…" I climbed out of the driver's seat and walked up to the other car.  Poor thing.  My car had a dent in the door, but the little coupe that hit my SUV smashed in the side of its bumper.  I looked up at Star, still safe above the dent in his door.

Holy hell. Did we just get hit?! I looked out the window at the other car and at Anna as she approached the driver. I couldn't see what she was saying, and I guess it didn't matter, so I busied myself going through her glove compartment. Parking infringement. Parking infringement. Insurance. Oh, here we go, photos. I pulled out the little stack of pictures of Anna and some other girl. At the mall. At an amusement park. On a plane. Making out. Anna tied to the bed. Oh, now that's interesting.

I climbed back into the car about ten minutes later with a scrap of paper with insurance details, trying to start the car.  With a twist of the key, the engine sprung the car to life and we took off down the road. "Well that sucked… Mom's gonna kill me."

"You okay?" The pile of photos were safely back in the glove compartment and I tried to imagine what it would take to tie a girl like Anna to the bed; to be honest, Anna seemed more the tying-up-type more than the being-tied-up-type. "You know, if we had flying cars, none of this would be an issue. Bad drivers would just explode in the air and natural selection would be back in place. But you know, the Illuminati are waging war against the Stonemasons and using Big Oil as a staging ground for their war against the American people, and unless we all break-free of the corporate control agenda by using mushrooms and Mary-Jane we'll never see the flying car or the water-powered hover-train-network." I looked at Anna with a completely straight face for a moment too long and then grinned. "My parents are kinda batshit. Don't know if you got that."

"Hey Twinkle - why are you so obsessed with your parents?  I mean, sure, they're probably a bit messed up, but aren't we all?" I kept driving as I spoke, taking a turn onto a less-travelled road.  Less chance of being hit by another car! "I mean, you're you.  And sure, a lot of that is them, but even more of that is just… you.  So like.  Just be who you want.  No one's making you be your parents, dude."

She was right I guess, I did talk about my parents a lot. But it's not like I had much else going on, so I just shrugged my shoulders. "I be who I want, I get kicked out of home. Sucky situation, but it's how it is." I looked out the window at the stores that we drove past. Walmart. Taco Bell. Quiznos. GameStop. Best Buy. I used to like to go to places like that and just watch TV, because it meant I was rebelling. But maybe I didn't need to. Maybe I just needed to stop caring. "Wanna make out now? Conversation got too deep."

“I’m literally driving at this exact moment.  We don't need to be hit by two cars in one journey." We pulled up to my house, parking my car in the street.  My house wasn't, like, a mansion or anything.  Just a house.  But it was two stories and kind of nice looking, I guess.  I climbed out of the driver's seat, falling a quarter of my height as I stepped out of the oversized car. "Come on, Twinkle."

"I wish you wouldn't call me that; I made it through an entire day without getting beat up. My record is three, so if you'd find it in your heart not to spoil that for me it'd be great, thanks." I closed the door behind me and looked up at the two story house - it was significantly fancier than anywhere we'd ever lived, but then again… we'd lived in the back of a combi-van for six months once, and that wasn't because we liked to move. It was because it was abandoned on the side of the road. "I want a job. That'd be cool. Do you work? I would, but no social security number or birth certificate kinda hampers that plan. What do your parents do? Your place is huge. I bet they're mafia. Are they mafia? I'd say Yakuza, but you're too busty to be asian. I like busty. I think if I had boobs, I'd want to be busty. Why even have boobs if they're small, right? I don't like huge, though. That's gross."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, then pushed up to the brickwork and put my lips on his.  It was weird, but he had mentioned it a few times now. Plus, it shut him up for a second. “No, I don't work.  No, my parents aren't mafia.  I'm clearly not asian.  My boobs are smaller without the pushup.  And small boobs can be arousing if you know what you're doing.  By the way.  I like Twinkle.  So you're gonna have to deal with it."

"It's whatever. As long as you don't mind a boyfriend who's got one part of his body in a cast at all times, you can call me whatever you want." We walked up to the front door and I watched Anna rifle through her keys. First thing I did when we got in the house was look at the walls for family photos, and I couldn't help but laugh a bit. "You give me crap about saying boys are sexy, and you have two moms? Really? So who's the actual Mom? I actually don't think lesbians are all that cute, it's like watching six year olds trying to figure out sex - without any big finale there's not much point. Gay guys are much more appealing to watch. Maybe I'm just obsessed with power-play stuff, though."

"…you really have to work on your heterosexuality, doll." I closed the door behind us and smiled softly to myself.  Boyfriend, huh?  I walked straight to the kitchen and grabbed a cookie - one for me, one for Star - and came back to the foyer, handing him his share. "They're both my mom.  They prayed really hard one day, one of them grew a celestial penis - probably Chloe - and impregnated Claire.  Then, the next morning, the penis was gone and a baby was on the way.  AKA.  Me." He looked at me strangely and I smiled. "It's what I choose to believe."

"Well, I guess it's better than my notion of the two of them with shotguns trying to shoot down the stork first so they could claim you." I bit the cookie and my tummy made some sort of sound between pleased and anguished. "Mmm. Tastes like lactose intolerance." They seemed such a happy family, though, despite the oddness of having two Mom's and a celestial penis, and I found myself with a tinge of envy so I changed the topic. "My heterosexuality is just fine, thanks. It's not like I prance around in lady's shoes and talk with a lisp."

"You make teasing you too easy.” I smirked and made my way down the hall, motioning for Star to follow along. "This is the living room.  This is the den.  This is the library - yeah it's small, but it's exclusively Anna books.  The parents keep their books in their room.  Okay, then then these stairs go up, which you can discern by the stairs layering themselves in an upward fashion.  And up here is my Moms' room, and then this one's the spare - no, you can't live here - and then this one's mine." My room wasn't the sort of thing you'd imagine me to have, I guess.  It wasn't painted black with band posters or anything.  It was actually a bit of a mess.  I had pictures tacked to the wall, usually of my friends or drawings or things like that.  I had a canopy bed, but it wasn't frilly and prissy - it was kind of just a place to hide when I wanted to.  The furniture mis-matched in a lot of ways but I liked to decorate with nail polish.  It wasn't miraculous or anything, but it was mine.  I motioned to the closet.  It was a walk in. "Plenty of space."

"Well, we're all just a step away from being someone we're not, aren't we? Most guys are just a step away from a blow job and a sticky cum facial. Some guys are just a closer step than others. I'm a pretty far step, though. Honest." Her bedroom was larger than our current living room and I walked into her closet with pursed lips, looking around with a look of assessment on my face before slowly nodding. I looked down at the shoes on the floor. "Hi, Anna's Shoes. I'm Star. We're gonna be roomies now. Look, I promise not to fetishize you so long as you promise not to strangle me with your laces. Deal?" Yeah. I'm normal. "I like your dresser. It's very… rainbow."

"I do my best." I put some of the clothes on the floor in the hamper and some of the folded ones in the dresser, trying to give some semblance of tidiness to the room while Star perused my belongings.  Was I trying to impress him?  Wow.  Most of the side of the room Star was on - the side with my dresser - was of pictures and I saw him looking at them.  Some of baby Anna and teenage Anna and awkward-bad-haircut-middle-school Anna.  Some of my parents.  Some of friends and family members.  Just people I liked seeing every day.  But there was a spot with considerably less photos - just sort of empty.  It had been that way for a while.

"Is this where you wait for the portal to the twilight zone to open?" I motioned to the blank space on the wall as I picked up one of the nail-polish pots off the dresser and began to brush the color onto my thumb-nail; it was a really nice sparkly purple, and I was never one to turn down sparkles. Or purple.

"Oh…" I looked up at my wall of mostly-pictures and went back to cleaning. "I guess." I finally slid closed my dresser and smiled at the quickly-picked-up room.  Decent enough.  I sat down on the bed as I watched the boy color his thumb nail purple.  Weird kid, that one.

I sat next to Anna on the bed and blew on my one purple nail, looking back at the wall with pursed lips. "I'm not dumb you know. I mean, I know the grades might say so, but I'm pretty good with people. I even talked my way out of a broken arm once." I touched my thumbnail to my lip to check if it was still tacky to touch, and then looked at Anna. "You don't gotta tell me. You barely know me, right? But sometimes telling someone you barely know is really really easy. You should give it a try one day." I took her hand in mine and put it on my lap so I could color her thumb the same purple as I'd done mine.

I sat very quiet for a while, letting Star paint my thumb.  He was quite good too.  Maybe he did his sister's polish.  Or maybe all the gay jokes he made were compensating for something.  Still, when he finished, I blew on my nail and smiled up at him.  I figured with the time that passed the conversation before was forgotten. "Ready to make out more?  Mom isn't home for another two hours, you know."

"Was she special to you?" I didn't ask anything more than that before I pushed her to the bed and pressed my lips against hers. Her breath tasted like three kinds of mint toothpaste; mine was more the store-brand variety, but she was delicious enough for the both of us. I didn't kiss very aggressively - I guess I just wasn't the aggressive kissing type. I didn't see it as a race, just something to be savored for what it is, like a really good meal. And I guess that was a good analogy. I wound up leaning over her, one arm on the bed on either side of her chest as we kissed, and I stopped after six or seven.

Wow.  Good kisser.  Impressive, for a boy.  I wanted to ask how he knew, but I knew better than that.  After his lips parted from mine he looked down at me expecting an answer.  God, what was with this kid?  Memory of a fucking elephant.  Not even kisses could deter. "We don't talk about her.  If you want to keep kissing me, that is."

My shoulders shrugged and I nodded my head. "Sure, whatever makes you happy. If talking about her to someone makes you happier than not, one day, you know where to find me." With a cheeky smile I nodded to the girl’s closet. "Over there. Cuddled up next to your twenty-three pairs of Chucks." It was kind of surreal to have been at the school one day and already be in a girl's house making out with her, but maybe karma was finally going my way. We kissed some more and my mind wandered onto what she believed in; with gay parents I figured she wasn't Catholic. "So… you sure I can't move in? I've got references. Well, I don't. But I think I kiss semi-decently, and that's a thing."

"It's true.  That is a thing." I smiled a bit; my head was on his chest now.  I thought something like that would be weird, but it felt okay.  We were still lying on my bed having moved very little since our kissing ended.  I wondered what Mom would think of me having a boy over… I guess they never thought they'd have to worry about that, huh? "I don't think Mom would be okay with it.  You moving in, I mean."

"And what about the me-dating-you thing? Are they going to be okay with that or am I going to have to come up with fabulous alter-ego that wears your clothes and pretends to be your girlfriend? Cause no offense, but I don't know if the world could handle two people with your fashion sense." A smirk came to my lips as I held up Anna’s hand and looked at her sparkly thumb. "I don't get it. You have fifty-two nail polishes - that I saw, anyway - and yet your nails aren't painted. What gives?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I had a reason, but it was something I didn't want to get into.  Actually, I thought the notion of having my thumb painted would really bother me, but it didn't seem to.  Not yet anyway. "Well, it'll be interesting.  Them seeing me with a boy.  But we aren't dating.  You shouldn't look at it that way.  Stuff just happens.  But you can go and sleep with whoever you want, Twinkle."

"Yeah, that won't be a problem. I'm mint in box." It wasn't something I was ashamed of, but I guess I wasn't proud of it either. It was just what it was. "Plus I doubt there'll be any other girls at the school who wanna make out with a dirt-poor hippie kid with good fashion sense who finds the idea of two guys having sex more appealing than two girls. But I'll keep it in mind."

My eyes caught focus on the curtains and I smirked a little, "Do you ever close the bed curtains and pretend this is a castle? I love pillow forts, and this just screams epic fort all over."

"Yeah.  All the time."  I smiled and tugged the curtains closed.  It was still the middle of the day, so it didn't block out all the light, but it made it considerably darker. "This is where I think.  I just sit in here with the curtains closed.  I tried meditation for a while, but it never really stuck with me.  Instead I just lay on my back and stare at the ceiling."

"I can help, if you want. I'm Buddhist so meditation is a big thing. I mean, I don't do it much nowadays, but when I was a kid and didn't have any friends I'd just meditate and think about all the ways life would be better once I grew up. I guess now that I did, it's really not any better. But it was a nice dream." I laid down next to her on my back and looked up at the ceiling. "I like your ceiling." Typically I found myself looking for something to count on any given ceiling, but the textured surface didn't really have anything of note. "So we're not dating? That's a drag. I guess it's understandable, though; I don't drive and my parents scarcely believe in money, so there'd be very little actual 'dating'."

I shook my head and sighed, rolling over onto my side and putting one arm over Star.  In this position, I was mostly on top of him. "I don't care about your money or cars or anything, you stupid boy.  I just don't wanna.  That's all." His features were so much darker now that the curtains were drawn - it was almost surreal.  Like he was a different person.  I wondered if I looked the same way.

"Girl on top. Interesting."  I looked up at her dark-lined eyes and glossed lips and thought for a moment, "I bet you're prettier without all that on your face, you know. I know all guys say that. But I'm not all guys. I'm Twinklestar and I'm right."

"I don't wear it because I don't think I'm pretty.  I'm beautiful.  I get that from my parents." I propped myself up on my elbows so I was comfortably laying on the boy while still being able to look him in the eye. "It's like playing dress-up.  But with your face.  You know?  Like a game.  With enough makeup you can look like anyone.  I don't even like makeup.  I just like the idea."

"I used to wear my Mom's shoes and scarves when I was a kid. That's the same, right?" Or maybe it was more like taking theater class - something I'd done at my old school. Well, until I was kicked out because we couldn't afford the elective fees. Life's a bitch, sometimes. "Do you like other games, Anna? I guess I've always been the loner, so most of the games I play, I play with myself." Wow. Did I just say play with myself? Real fucking smooth, Star.

I giggled and smiled down at the boy. "I'm sure you do." I sat up and pulled the curtains, blinking at my mom as she stood with her arms crossed. "Oh… hi." The woman looked incredibly taken aback by the boy in the bed with me and she recoiled a step or two at the sight.  I chuckled and climbed out of bed. "Be more surprised.  I dare you." I gestured for Star to follow and we climbed out of my bed together, leaving my room.  My mom followed shortly after.

I wasn't fazed at all by the appearance of Anna's Mom and it seemed like Anna was playing the cool route, too, even as we left the the bedroom and her Mom followed. Was it shameful in this family for a girl to like a boy? Was heterophobia a thing? I decided I'd look that up next time we were at school. We walked down the stairs and the woman followed us, so finally I whispered, "Is she going to kill me? I feel like she's going to kill me. I'd rather not die, if it's all the same to you. My karma is way shot right now. Give me a week to get things in order and then she can kill me."

"She's a sweetheart.  That's Chloe, by the way, if you wanna call her by name.  Or you can call her Anna's mom.  The Mrs. stuff usually puts her off." I made it downstairs first and my mom was down only a few seconds later.  I had to do introductions. "Momma - this is Twinklestar.  No, seriously.  Don't look at me like that!  I swear!  Mom it's his real name!  Mom, you're gonna hurt his feelings!"

"She's right. My name's Twinklestar. I prefer Star, but Anna calls me Twinkle. You can do as you like, but I'd prefer you avoid Twink because I get beat up enough as it is, if it's all the same to you. Anyway. It's nice to meet you." Typically I'd have followed up with 'your daughter tastes delicious!' as a genuine compliment, but I figured that probably wouldn't go so well here.

Chloe was a short girl - only a few inches taller than me, maybe.  She had very dark hair, also like me, and it was short like mine was.  But we had different eyes.  Hers were green. "It's nice to meet you," she finally managed to Star, though she avoided a name.  She probably still believed I was kidding. "Anna - can I talk to you in the kitchen?"

When she asked to see Anna alone I decided maybe it would be best if I just kept my mouth shut altogether. I wound up looking at photos in the living room while they disappeared into the kitchen and I tried to remember the finer details. Chloe and Claire and the Celestial Penis. It sounded like some sort of nativity story for the modern day. My thumb slipped between my lips and I sucked lightly on the tip as I looked over the photos thoughtfully.

"It's not what you think." "I know it isn't." I sighed and looked at my feet. "You'd tell me if you were dating someone, right?" "We aren't dating." "I know." "Then why are you concerned?" "You know why I'm concerned." I took a deep breath before continuing the conversation.

"We aren't dating.  We'll never date.  You know that.  And I'm fine.  I feel fine." "And your thumb?" I looked down at my hand, the nail glistening purple in the light of the kitchen. "Seems okay…" She sighed and nodded, kissing my forehead. "Be careful." "Always am." And I left her, making my way back to the living room. "Sorry about that."

"What was that all about?" I slipped my thumb out of my lips and wiped it on the hem of my shirt quickly, trying to hide my concern. It wouldn't be cool if I seemed worried. And I was cool. Chilly, even. But not cold. "Hope I didn't get you in trouble. She looked like she'd never seen a real life boy before. I might check out a copy of Pinocchio from the school library for her." I quietened down for a moment when Chloe came into the room as well and I looked up at her with a smile. "I'm not a bad person. And honestly, Anna thinks I'm gay for some reason, so you can trust her with me. Probably."

She gave a small smile to Star, then a strange look to me.  One that read something along the lines of 'odd one, isn't he?' and she walked up the stairs.  I sighed and turned back to my new… whatever he was. "She was just surprised to see me with someone.  It's not you.  And it has nothing to do with your gender.  Promise."

Now that was an interesting comment. Was it to do with the girl that we didn't talk about? I didn't want to push too much because it might screw things up for me and I didn't need to help being screwed-over at all, but I did have to sate some curiosity. "Why so surprised to see you with someone? That seems kinda rude, like 'oh my god, how does she get someone?!' rude. But maybe I'm reading too much into it. Or maybe it's something you wanna keep from me and that's cool, too."

My smile faded a little at the tail end of Star's comment.  He really needed to stop being observant... "She's just my mom.  She worries about me.  Heartbreak and all that.  But I assured her you wouldn't be breaking my heart and she seems okay with it." I smiled coyly, but the whole scene was very played.  But I was a good actress. "Wanna go for ice cream?"

"Sure. The sprinklings of truth there made me feel like sprinkles anyway." I didn't give her the chance to reply as I opened the front door and stepped outside in the warm autumn afternoon. "Did you tell her about the car that hit you? Hope she didn't freak too bad. She seems pretty protective." It made me curious what her other Mom, Claire, was like. Dad was the relaxed one in my family and Mom made all the strict decisions. As strict as things got at home, anyway.

"Oh…" I bit my lip and looked up the stairs where Mom had gone.  That would just lead to a really big discussion though… and I was more in the mood for ice cream. "I'll tell her when we get back.  I'll have to use her car to drop you off at home anyway.  Come on - we're walking." His first comment, though, had thrown me a little off guard.  He didn't see through me, right?  It was just coincidence.

Truth of the matter was that I liked walking - it usually gave me time to think, though when walking with someone else it meant a whole lot less thinking and more actual talking. "So, what you gotta realize is this. Firstly, if we're getting ice-cream, you're paying. Secondly, we're vegan at home so I'm incredibly lactose intolerant. That doesn't mean much for you, but it means if we don't get to a place where we're within a few feet of a bathroom about ten minutes after the fact, things are gonna get messy. And I'm a cleanly boy. I don't like messy." I'd decided after that look on her face in the drive-way that I'd lay off on trying to get answers out of her for a while. We barely knew each other, after all.

"That's cool.  Probably a bathroom at the ice cream parlor anyway.  And I'll just eat another cone while I wait." I smiled up at the boy and looked down at his polished fingernail.  I contemplated slipping my hand into his but decided against it, choosing instead to walk alongside him like normal friends do.  That's all we are anyway.  But lying on his chest felt so comfortable and it had been months since I'd felt real comfort.  But I didn't like him.  He was a boy, after all.  Strange the way the mind works sometimes.

We got to the parlor and I picked out a sundae cup (because they're cleaner) with one scoop of chocolate and one scoop of vanilla. There was 41 other flavors, but I liked those ones. We sat down and I motioned to the little bowl with my spoon. "I like chocolate because it's over the top. It's indulgent. It's like bitch, I'm chocolate. Yeah. Rawr." Apparently, chocolate is also sassy. "But I like vanilla, too, because it's spent years under the oppressive reign of chocolate and it still hasn't had its spirit broken. Gotta respect that, right?"

"…you're a little weird.  You're lucky I'm not put off by that." I bit my lip to hide a smile and licked at my cone of six different flavors.  It looked a lot like one of those ice cream cones you see on TV where they're stacked way too high.  But I come here a lot; this is what I like.  Though the flavors are usually always different. "I did fourteen flavors once.  But it's hard to hold a cone with fourteen flavors steady while you eat it."

"I'd make a joke about lesbian parents and your amazing tongue-work, but I'm so much better than that." I grinned and finished off my chocolate scoop before moving onto the vanilla. Always in this order. I just preferred the aftertaste of vanilla.

"So it's not just your parents you're obsessed with.  It's all parents.  That's interesting." I made that small observation vocal.  It wasn't overly common, but certainly a trend.  I kept licking down to my third flavor.  God, I loved ice cream.

"I was going to get sprinkles, but the sprinkles here are dots and not rods and I prefer rods. Dots are too hard. I don't like hard so much. Just soft rods that I can suck on without having to chew." I dutifully finished off the vanilla scoop and sat with a little smile, watching Anna deal with six scoops stacked atop one another.

Within a few minutes, I excused myself to the bathroom and it was ten more minutes before I emerged again, looking very shaken and quite worn out. "Stupid body. Why you gotta be a lactose hater? What did lactose ever do to you…" Mumbling continued from my lips as I sat back down and trembled a little, resting my head on the table. "Worth it… worth it for chocolate and vanilla and…" My stomach gurgled. "Okay! I get it! No more chocolate and vanilla orgasms in my mouth. Stupid tummy…" With my head on the table, my painted thumb found its way to my lips and I sucked softly on the tip while waiting for the nausea to pass.

He sucked his thumb?  An oral fixation would help him along a path of homosexuality, if he ever changed his mind.  Good thing I had no intention of getting attached to Star or I might have some serious issues in the future.  I finished my ice cream, cone and all, and stood up from the table. "Come on, thumbsucker, let's get going."

It was a few more minutes before I got to my feet and followed Anna out of the parlor and we started to walk home. I felt truly dreadful; there was nothing quite as unfair as an hour of suffering for a few minutes of pleasure. But it was worth it. I felt woozy and slipped my hand into Anna's as we walked, our painted thumbs crisscrossing each other. Even when I started to feel better, I didn't let go. "More kissing before we go home?" The question was asked, but I wound up pushing her gently against the guard-rail of the foot bridge before she could answer. I kissed her lips there, and then lifted her so she was sitting on top of the railing. Now my kisses involved looking up into her eyes. I liked this angle a lot.

I felt my cheeks go red as my body lifted up onto the guard rail.  It was only after maybe the third kiss though that I pushed his shoulders and fell back onto my feet, rectifying our relative heights.  I was flattered, truly, but it wasn't fair to lead him on. "Don't be so presumptuous, Twinkle!  It's not a good character trait."

I didn't really get it; we'd kissed without any hesitation in Anna's bedroom. What was different now? Was it that I initiated and she didn't like that? I shrugged and smiled, playing it off like it was no big deal. "Well, I think kissing is pretty great. But maybe that's just because I haven't done much else. Maybe when I get further than that, I'll want more. But right now I'm like a six year old and kissing is about the best thing in the world."

We resumed walking towards her house and a thought occurred to me. "You know, I can walk home after I drop you off. I'd kinda rather your parents not see where I live anyway. I already made a pretty shitty first impression. Is that cool?" Fact of the matter was it would probably be a three or four mile walk, but a little bit of exercise never hurt anybody. Except for those with heart issues who drop dead.

"Well.  I was gonna drive you myself, just use Mom’s car, probably.  But if you wanna walk, that's cool.  It's your call." It wasn't long before I regretted what I'd done on the foot bridge.  I mean, sure, it was a little pig-headed of him to be so forward in a public place like that, but I didn't have to yell at him either.  He just needed to learn boundaries.  So I slid my hand into his, lacing our fingers together so he'd know I wasn't mad.  That was normal, right?  Just a friendly gesture.

We stood at the end of Anna's driveway and I looked up at the house; Chloe was standing by the window that went to the living room. She was really worried about something and Anna wouldn't tell me about the girl in the pictures. She didn't know that I'd looked in the glove compartment, though, and maybe it was best that she didn't. We didn't kiss, and I didn't say anything meaningful despite my desire to. I just smiled a sly little grin and raised her hand, looking at our purple thumbs. "Thanks for a pretty good first day at school. See you tomorrow, Anna." I turned and left, beginning the long walk home. What a strange girl.

• Like 4

I enjoyed this S&&P and look forward to more guys. I love the back and forth banter and just the bluntness as well. Definatley funny at times, plants questions for later but keeps you interested in whats going on now. Definatley get the feeling two personalities were involved in writing the two characters and love it!    Please girls i'd like some more :D

2 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

God, this has to be some of the best dialogue I've EVER read! 

I'm glad you think so! ^_^ It was such a fun story to write.  Ch. 2 will start soon!

1597435391_ACH2resize.png.a5906e6383a590eadf6d920741215a7c.png

I only walked into the lunchroom so far as to grab Star's hand and drag him and his bagged lunch out the double doors.  It had been a week since we'd met.  We talked most days and I ate lunch with him a lot, though I did have my own life and my own friends.  We only hung out once; we went out for lunch at Taco Bell before I took him home.  He was very weird about me seeing his house, but I'd seen worse.  Most of the people in our town were on the lower end of the financial scale.  I dragged him by his wrist out the front door - the sun wasn't out today, but the day was still warm - and around to the back of the building.  I let go when we finally made our way into a small enclave at the bottom of a set of stone stairs.  There was a door here, but it didn't open.  I pulled out a cigarette and lit it up, smoking half of it in one drag.  Fucking day.

Anna lit up and I sat next to her on the stairs, waiting for the nicotine to rush through her veins before looking up and shrugging my shoulders. "So what's up? Cat shit in your cereal?" I enjoyed the time we spent together, but I figured a few days in that I was just a friend of convenience for Anna - someone she could come to when she was pissy at the world or wanted someone to make out with. But that's still better than no friend at all, and I wasn't great at making friends so it meant she was my entire quota of the above. Kinda sad, really.

"Just… bad day, okay?" I looked down at Star's thumb, still shimmery and purple, though a bit chipped by now.  I had taken my polish off only a few days after he put it on and it left my nails unkept.  I reached into my pocket and held out the package of cigarettes. "Want one?"

Cigarettes were like tacos, really; I could never afford my own so that gave me entirely no reason to ever want to refuse them. I pulled one from the pack and reached my hand into her pocket to pilfer her little matchbook so I could light up. It had been a while and I coughed a little, but it was a familiar feeling that made me think of times I had money. Isn't that weird? "Need me to beat someone up?" It was an ironic question, given I wasn't allowed to raise a fist at anyone else - my puffy left eye a testament of that from yesterday’s encounter.

"No… just… school's being annoying today.  Miss Bouldaire is on my case about my project, which I'm ahead of schedule on, just because I haven't been to class in two days.  And why would I?  Why would I go if it's just going to get me yelled at, huh?  It's the dentist conundrum." I sighed and finished the cigarette, dropping it to the ground and putting it out with my foot before lighting up another.  I was calming down though…

"You need to relax, you know. You're gonna give yourself a conniption if you keep up all this stress." I sucked the cigarette down to the butt and finally dusted it out against the stair. "Come on. Let's get outta here. I'm gonna teach you how to relax. You drive today, or are we walking?" My messenger bag slung over my shoulder, I made sure to kick away the signs of my smoke and looked up at Anna as she drew in another breath, but she hadn't moved. "Well, you can smoke yourself poor. Or you can come with me and I'll show you something better."

Leaving school again… third day in a row.  Chloe and Claire weren't going to be happy.  I really do try to make them proud.  I sighed and put out the cigarette, following Star back up the stairs.  We walked through the grounds before I motioned to the parking lot and we climbed into my SUV.  I put my head on the steering wheel.  I felt sick.  Two cigarettes too fast.  I don't smoke that much. "Where are we going, anyway?"

"My place." It was an odd thing for me to say given that I was usually so adamant that we avoided it like the plague. Maybe it did have the plague, anyway - my parents didn't exactly believe in cleanliness. Which I guess is why it was so odd that I was such a cleanly person - even my bedroom reflected that, standing as a beacon in the mess. "Then your place. Nobody home, right? It's best if nobody is home. And we'll need a few hours, which is why I figure now instead of after school." The seat was already reclined and my feet were up on the dash, my same pink pair of chucks crossed at the ankles.

I drove to Star's house.  I'd only been there once, but it wasn't hard to find - it was just off a main road.  I turned off the car and unbuckled my belt but Star shook his head and told me to stay put, running inside on his own.  I frowned and crossed my arms, slouching in my chair and waiting for the boy to return to my car.  I should've just stayed at school… did I still have time to go back?

It was only a few minutes later when I came back and sat myself in the passenger seat, a little zip-lock bag with a number of brownish-discs that vaguely resembled flattened out mushroom caps sitting on my lap. "Alright, let's go." I held up the little bag and counted the contents against the light of the windshield while pondering if I'd taken too many that they'd notice. Given the large styrofoam container under the laundry sink, though, I doubted they'd miss a dozen or so. They'd never noticed in the past anyway. I stuffed the bag into the front part of my messenger bag and laid back down with a smile - this afternoon was gonna be fun.

"What's with those?" I pulled out of Star's driveway and started my way home.  Another call would go home today and they'd probably have another lecture ready to go.  But despite their perseverance on the topic, it hadn't worked yet.  I still skipped school.  I stopped the car again outside my house and climbed out of the driver's seat, slipping down to the ground and losing height.  My car had been repaired in the past week.

"Just a little something to help take the edge off the world. You'll see." Anna unlocked the front door and I followed her into the pretty two story house for only the third time and felt instantly so much nicer than I usually did. This place actually felt like a home, and not just a bunch of crap strewn around a run down particle-board house. I liked it a lot here.

"We should get married one day. Maybe next week. Then I can move in and we can gossip about boys. That's what married couples do, right?" When we got to her bedroom, I closed the door and sat down on the bed, pulling two of the discs out of the bag. "You put this under your tongue. The saliva will dissolve it, takes a few minutes though. You can swallow, but it's not as good then. Once its dissolved, you just follow my lead."

I looked down at the small disc.  It looked sort of like a cracker.  And I know I should've probably asked what it was or at least had an inclination to care what I was putting into my body, but what the fuck.  So I slid the little disc under my tongue. "Wath thith gonna do, anyway?"

"It's gonna take your three color world and add a thousand new tones. Give or take." I slid the mushroom under my own tongue and then drew the curtains around the bed, laying down on one side of the bed and patting next to me for Anna. "Lay down. Clothe your eyeth. Hold my hand." I knew from experience that once the mushrooms dissolved, it would only take a few minutes for the effects to make themselves known. I'd done it before a few times, but never with someone else to share the trip with, so I figured it would be a fun experience. It wasn't long before I felt the rushing of wind over my face and hair and I sat up with a start, peering my head outside the curtains and quickly tugging it back in. "Holy fuck, we're flying…"

I laughed, rocking back and forth on the bed with my arms out like a plane.  The curtains billowed like waves in the ocean and I found myself sprawled out on the bed on my back, staring at the ceiling as it painted itself pretty colors.  I tried to count them to see if there really were a thousand, but I lost track at around six.  I leaned up and kissed the boy next to me, feeling a euphoric sense of wonder in my chest.  I started painting his nails for him using only my fingertips, coloring them each different shades of metallic pink, but they'd change every few seconds to a different color.  He was so pretty.

"You're an angel, Anna… I can see your halo." I reached the glowing light above her head and smiled as it quivered and distorted like lines of heat coming off the road on a summer’s day. "You're an angel and we're flying so this has gotta be Heaven." I pushed her down and the curtains erupted in a huge gust of wind as her back hit the bedsheets; in the distance a choir called out in celebration as my lips crashed against hers and her hair flowed into pearlescent streams of water as it spread against the covers. "Teach me how to fly."

• Like 2

One bonus of using mushrooms: If you take a hit that would otherwise be fatal you'll just shrink to half your size instead.

Trust me. I speak from years of experience. ;)

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

One bonus of using mushrooms: If you take a hit that would otherwise be fatal you'll just shrink to half your size instead.

Trust me. I speak from years of experience. ;)

...I'm giving you a point for that.

1 hour ago, Sophie ♥ said:

...I'm giving you a point for that.

Yay!

*Considers making another mushroom joke while I'm on a roll*

*Decides to quit while I'm ahead*

Thank you. ♡

///

“That was… pretty intense…" Somewhere in the commotion of the past twenty-minutes-that-was-actually-four-hours I'd lost my hoodie and t-shirt.  We hadn't left the bed, but I had to admit… that whole scene was magnificently distracting. "Did… you see the zebra in the rocking chair or was that just me?"

"Yeah, I think that was just you." My lips tasted of her lipgloss and my fingers tingled a little as my body tried to make sense of everything that had just happened. Tripping was pretty amazing, but tripping with a beautiful girl next to you was something entirely different. I looked up at the clock on the wall through the gap in the curtains and smiled. "What time's your Mom get home? It's almost six."

"Should be home by now…" I sat up and looked around the mattress. "That zebra knitted me a sweater, but… I don't see it." Instead I pulled my old shirt back on over my head, pulling it into place.  But my shirt had short sleeves so I quickly grabbed my jacket and tugged it on, making sure to cover my left side first to hide the burned strips on my inner arm.  I never take off my jacket but to shower.  I even wear it to bed.

I put my hand on Anna's wrist and frowned a little, pulling her jacket enough out of the way so that I could see the marks on her arm. "If we're tripping together, we gotta have trust. It's the rule. So you wanna trust me enough to tell me what happened here?" She looked defensive, so I brushed her hair from her face and put my hand on her cheek, motioning to the bag of mushrooms on her bedsheets.

"We can go to some amazing places together, Anna. But everything is more colorful when we do, and that means bad feelings too. Tell me what's going on, because there's nothing worse than a bad trip. If I know the story, I can help you come down from it. If I don't, then you'll have no choice but to ride it out."

I tugged the cuff of my jacket back down around my wrist and zipped my jacket half-way up the way I do. "I did it to myself.  There's nothing more to tell." I climbed out of bed and stretched a bit.  Wow, it felt strange to stand up.  My legs felt like jelly.  I guess my whole body hadn't gotten the memo yet that we were moving on from the mushrooms for now.  I promised my legs that they'd come back later, though.

"Yeah?" It wasn't that odd a concept to me, I'd known people who'd hurt themselves before and it was their own business, really. But I liked this girl. A lot. And I got the impression she didn't have anyone she could tell this sort of stuff to, so I stood up after her and leaned on her dresser, picking up the nail polish and starting to work on my other fingers. "It's your body. Your life. Your business. But if there's something heavy on your mind, you might wanna consider sharing it. Because I can show you better ways to escape than pain, Anna."

"Come on," I said dismissively, "let's get downstairs before my mom decides to come up." But when we got to the bottom of the stairs Claire was just putting her bag on the table and hanging the keys on a hook by the door.  She was taller than Chloe, but not that drastically - still shorter than Star.  She had long red hair - it was always more of an orange but she died it auburn.  She had freckles like me and bright blue eyes.  Mine were a duller blue.  She kissed my forehead and shook Star's hand.  Mom must've told her about Star already. "You kids want dinner?" "Sounds great.  Can I have bread?" "I'll make extra." And she went into the kitchen.

I let the topic drop after that. We went into the living room and sat on the sofa together, watching the TV quietly. Of course, the inevitable moment came up where I looked at Anna and grinned. "TV just doesn't really compare, does it? Maybe that's why my parents don't feel the need to own one…" It was a phenomenon - whenever I came down, at least - that colors seemed so dull and muted by comparison. Nothing could really compare to the things our minds could make us see when not limited by eyes. "I like your Moms. What's she making? I don't care, just if its red meat it's probably gonna make me sick. White meats okay, though. Either way, free meal. Not hating."

"Probably pasta.  She'll make extra garlic bread for me though.  I like bread." I sat with my legs crossed even though I was on the couch.  I watched TV with very little enthusiasm.  Star was right.  In comparison, it really was quite dull.   It wasn't long until Mom called us to the table and my theory proved correct.  Spaghetti and meatballs.  I loved Mom’s cooking.  I took an extra few pieces of garlic bread on my plate and Mom sat across from me, Star to my left.

Mmm. Meatballs. I wasn't exactly sure what meat made up meatballs, but the way my stomach bitched at me when we ate told me it was probably beef. Still, bodily organ complaints be damned, I wasn't gonna miss out on a chance of a real meal. "Thanks for the dinner, Anna's Mom. It's really good." I'd be cursing her much later in the evening, but right now I could be grateful. "My family doesn't really know how to cook, so it's pretty great to eat real food every once in a while." Thing is, I guess my family and Anna's family have a lot in common, both being on the edgier side of things in social perception. Still, lesbians were more chic than hippies. I put my hand with the painted nails around a glass of water and took a sip with a little smile.

"How was school, Anna?  At least, the classes you went to?" I pouted and rolled my eyes. "Obviously not good enough to go to the other ones." "You're four weeks into the new year and you've used half your absences for the semester.” "I don't really need the lecture…" "I didn't plan to give you one.  But your Mom will.  So if you can at least go the rest of the week without skipping class, you can tell her I passed one along." I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.  She really was an amazing parent looking out for me like that.  Chloe can get a little preachy when it comes to school. "I can try.” "That's all I ask."

"It's my fault today, actually… I was feeling ill and Anna drove me home and stayed with me until I felt a little better. Then we came here because were gonna catch up on the classes we missed. I'm sorry, Anna's Mom. I'm a pretty rotten influence, huh?" The shameful look on my face would've convinced all but the most hard-ass magistrate and I knew it would score a few points in Anna's defense. "Anyway, I won't let it happen again. She just wanted so bad to take care of me and you know, things at home are kinda sucky so it was hard to say no."

My mom smiled a little, but we both knew me well enough to know that what Star said simply wasn't the case.  Still, my mom found it admirable.  Chloe probably wouldn't, though, so I'm glad Star had said it to Claire. "Well, then, Anna, it was very sweet of you to take care of your… friend." I took a bite of my bread and smiled up at her. "That's me.  Sweet as candy."

"I like boys." It seemed the oddest comment in the world to say at the dinner table, but I got the impression that Anna's parents weren't thrilled with me hanging out with their daughter so what was another lie? Yeah. It was a lie - I didn't find much appealing about boys apart from the stuff I'd watch in the little gay porn collection I'd built over the years, and even that was mostly magazines owing to no TV or computer. "I mean, we're just friends, you know? Not that Anna isn't a great girl and all. But you know. Girls. Ew." Lie or not, it probably wasn't hard to believe it.

I watched my mom try to stifle a laugh.  Claire was always very polite, or she tried to be anyway.  It was a nice contrast to Chloe, who would frequently over exacerbate a situation.  Whereas Chloe might question the boy's lie, Claire just smiled and nodded her head, saying "That's nice." She didn't care if he was gay or not.  I decided not to comment, though.  I went back to eating bread.

The conversation died a bit after that and I felt wholly responsible for the death. Chalk one up to awkward powers, right? It took a lot of effort to be as awkward as I was, especially around new people. Anna continued to eat bread and her Mom got up to start tidying off the table. I didn't know much what to say, really; I was good when we were alone but the way that Claire just took everything with a grain of salt left me kinda off-balance. "Dinner was good. Really good."

"Thank you very much.  I aim to please." She smiled and took the plate from under me though I snatched a piece of bread off it and nibbled it like a chipmunk.  Mom laughed and took the rest of the plates.  I continued to sit at the table until the bread was gone. "No ice cream today.  Too full.  Too much bread." I put my head down on my jacket sleeves and pouted at the tablecloth.

"What's up with you?" I made sure to keep my questions quiet and only when Claire was out of the room; there was definitely something up with Anna though. Mushrooms were better than ecstasy in that regard; they didn't leave you feeling suicidal two days later. Coming back to reality after the trip could be pretty draining, though. But there was more to it, more to her… the burns on her arms, the flippant nature about school, the ex-girlfriend and the stern warnings. Something was up.

"Just tired… things seem… boring now.  I guess today was more fun than I'm used to having.  And now it's all blah." I sighed and tilted my head, smiling up at Star with a sleepy grin.  I did feel a little exhausted, but it was hard to feel anything strongly in a world so austere.  I just wanted my fun talking zebra world back where I could paint nails without any polish.

"Come on, let's go back to your room." I stood up without waiting for her to agree and made my way back to her bedroom. On the floor on the far side of the bed was the little bag of mushrooms and I stuffed it back into my messenger tote. "I'll hold onto these for now. After a few more trips together, I'll leave them with you. Just there's a few things you gotta learn first. But when you get to go outside and do it? Holy fuck, Anna. The world is your technicolor oyster. Pity your Mom is here, because we could've popped another before bed. Oh well." I grinned and looked at my painted nails, gently nibbling on the tip of my thumb.

I nodded and sat on the edge of my bed.  Everything just felt so grey now.  Still.  My life was always tedious.  This shouldn't surprise me.  What did surprise me was that the mushrooms sunk that tedium away for a while.  I should be happy I at least got that.  My world wasn't any more grey than it was six hours ago.  It was perspective.

"Your arm." I sat next to her and took her hand in mine; from this perspective and with my painted nails.. it looked like our hands belonged to one another. "Why do you hurt yourself? I wanna understand. If it's just something you enjoy, that's cool. But if it's something you do when things get shitty, then maybe you could tell me about it. And in return, I'll help keep the shitty stuff at bay." I tossed a pillow at the door and it clicked shut, then my gaze returned to Anna with a curious smile. "Come on. I just told your Mom I was a homo so she wouldn't think we're dating. Open up to me."

I pulled away from Star and took a deep breath, standing up and forcing a bright smile at the boy. "I'm just a stupid girl, Twinkle.  Stupid girls do stupid things and that was one of them.  I mean, come on!  Look at me.  Eyeliner.  Black clothes.  You're really that surprised?" I rolled my eyes and smiled a bit. "You're so naive sometimes."

"Yeah, that's cool. Except you're not stupid. You're one of the smartest people I know. Everything you do is because you planned it out perfectly in advance, everything happens your way because you know how to play people. But you probably figured out this week that I'm different. I see through a lot of the crap you spout. And I see through this. So don't give me that emo-kid bullshit, Anna." I was laying out on the bed now, my bare feet running along her covers as I looked up at the pretty girl."I shared something with you today. An experience. Share something with me, now."

I felt a cold chill up my arms and I quickly looked to the ground.  What the hell… that was perfect… I didn't slip up even once… I felt my breathing get a little heavy as I looked down at my unpainted nails and the marks on my arm felt, for a half a second, that they were burning again. "You should go… come on, I'll drive you home."

I pushed her down on the bed and drew the curtains with one smooth motion, kissing her lips and remembering the angel with water for hair. "You tell me to go again and I will. But you'll share your secrets one day, and it might as well be with me because I get you. That's why you come to me at lunch time, that's why you tell me about your shitty days, that's why you have me around but nobody else. I get you," I stood up from on top of her and began to slip into my one-size-too-big Chucks, adjusting my hair in the mirror. "You'll tell me when you're ready, though. I'm patient."

I wiped my lips the second he climbed off me.  What the hell did I tell him about being presumptuous?  Still, I didn't feel well enough to argue.  Instead, I rolled over onto my side, away from Star.  My stomach felt sick, like it had been doing gymnastics for too long.  I pulled a pillow under my head and closed my eyes tight. "I'll see you tomorrow, Twinkle."

"See ya tomorrow, Anna." With my messenger bag over my shoulder, I left her house and began my walk home. It was very dark by the time I arrived and I didn't even manage to say a word to my parents before I locked myself in the bathroom and dealt with the consequences of the meatballs. Seriously. Fuck my life. I got to school early the next morning - an oddity, for me - but I'd spent much of my restless dreams worrying about Anna and the burns on her arms.  I just wanted to see that she was okay.

• Like 6

Very good S&&P I am really enjoying this. It has a mixture of fun and dark reality mixed in making you want to keep reading for entertainment and to learn more about the secrets being kept. Keep it coming ☺☺

Thank you guys for all the comments and appreciation on these posts!  I honestly never expected this kind of readership. ^_^ 

On 6/8/2019 at 3:48 PM, Wannatripbaby said:

Also, I noticed this chapter was posted around 3-4am. Does your Mommy know you were up that late, little Soapy? ?

She was up with me!! We were watching TV together!! :o 

• Like 1

323557107_ACH3resize.png.c641847e3cd4bd72224275d107bf7029.png

I felt bad that I'd broken the promise to my Mom so quickly… but I just couldn't go to school.  I hardly slept and at about three in the morning I had to go wake up my parents and ask for help.  It was embarrassing that I still needed them so avidly, but they made me promise to tell them if I ever got upset.  Mom stayed home with me that day.  She'd occasionally bring soup up to my room.  I barely ate though.

When lunch time came and I was sure beyond all doubt that Anna wasn't here, I grabbed a handful of cookies from the lunch line when nobody was looking and began the walk to Anna's place. When I knocked on the door, one of her moms - Chloe, I think - answered the door. "Anna'a not been at school today and I figure I know why. You should let me in, 'cause I think she could use a friend right now. Or I can talk to you. It's whatever to me, though."

"She's sick today," Chloe smiled, though she looked absolutely wrecked.  It was true that since being woken up at three in the morning, she hadn't slept at all.  She was too worried about her daughter. "You should go back to school.  I'm certain classes aren't out yet."

"Yeah. I know she's sick. But being alone isn't going to fix it and no offense, but you're her Mom. She needs a friend right now. Plus you could do with some sleep. You know more than I do, and I'd love it if someone filled me in but she'll do it when she's ready. All I know is my friend needs me and I wanna be here for her. Are you gonna stop me from being able to do that?" It was a sort of half-gift, half-curse I had that people in positions of authority didn't really faze me. I talked to everyone the same. Sometimes it worked well, sometimes it caused trouble.

The woman hesitated and opened the door a little, letting the boy in.  She went straight into the kitchen, turning around only once to look at the boy and say, "Don't push her… please… I'll bring some garlic bread up soon."

I stayed under my blanket, my eyes closed, laying on my side in just my pajama pants and cami, trying as hard as I could to fall asleep.  My room smelled like soup with all the bowls my mother had brought up and left on the nightstand.  I felt warm.

I didn't say anything as I sat down on the edge of the bed and put my hand on the girls back, gently running fingertips up beneath her cami in small circles. I was grateful that her Mom had let me in and resolved staunchly to honor her words and not push too far.

"Missed you today. Didn't realize just how much color slips away from my school-days when you're not there. Nobody's ever brought that much color to my life, isn't that weird? Maybe I'm falling for you. Or maybe I just love that we can talk about anything. Either way, I miss it. I miss you."

"Please go away, Star." My voice was tired.  All of me was tired.  I just wanted to slip off to sleep and get away from all my thoughts in my head.  But I could, couldn't I?  I rolled over and looked up at Star.  I didn't have my makeup on, and this was the first time he saw me like this. "Do you have more mushrooms?"

"Yeah. I do. Here." I slipped my hand into my bag and pulled put one of the flattened caps, pressing it into the palm of her hand. I wouldn't be going on this trip, but maybe when she was swimming in color she'd tell me a little more of what was going on. "If your Mom knows I'm giving you these, though, she'll probably kick me out. So you should probably wait until she comes up with your garlic bread and then goes down for a nap before you take it."

I bit my lip and shook my head, breaking the crisp in half and putting half of it under my tongue.  I didn't know if that would make things any easier, but Star was right.  I couldn't let Mom find out.  It only took a few minutes for me to smile to myself.  Oh, the colors…

She laid back on the bed with a smile on her lips and I took her hand in mine, my purple nails contrasting against her undecorated fingertips. "I was right, you know. You're pretty gorgeous without any makeup on." She sat up and ran her fingertips down my cheeks with a silly grin. Her trip wouldn't last as long if she was as exhausted as she'd looked to be, and she'd only taken half a dose. So that meant we were safer, on one hand. But it also meant I had less time to get her to talk. "Tell me why we're not dating, Anna." Of all the questions I might have asked, this one seemed the least related to the issue - but I had an angle to work, even if it was a far-fetched one.

I blinked up at the boy but smiled a giddy smile and cuddled up to his lap.  Things weren't as corporeal.  It was just prettiness and shapes and sometimes an image or two.  I still felt like I was flying though.  Just floating around.  But things didn't take shape.  Maybe that was because my mind was exhausted.  Or maybe because I'd only taken half a dose.  I didn't know.

There was a knock on the door and I quickly shot up to my feet and cracked the door open to the worried look on Chloe's face. She had a plate of garlic bread in her hands and I smiled, "Oh, good. I'll take that. You should take a nap, okay?" Behind me I could hear Anna giggling incessantly and I closed the door, setting the plate of garlic bread down on her dresser before returning to the bed and pushing her down as I drew the curtains on the bed. My lips connected with hers and for the first time the giggling stopped for a moment. "You should answer my question, Anna. There'll be an amazing surprise if you do."

"Okay…" I smiled up and suddenly the colors all vanished, then they were back again.  Oh, I felt weak… I flashed another small smile, pulling the pile of kittens underneath my head.  They were so soft… so very very soft… I looked up at the boy dizzily.  He looked so concerned.  Poor boy.

"Why aren't we dating, Anna?" I knew how hard it would be for her to focus and I repeated the question twice more before she looked at me with any sort of recollection in her faraway gaze. It was still no guarantee that she'd actually answer me, but it was a start. I kissed her lips again and ran my hand up her tummy beneath her cami, not being so bold as to grope her chest, but just letting her feel my touch. Little sensations were amplified so much for her right now.

"I have a girlfriend." I smiled up at the boy very clearly in my vision, then gone again, except this time he didn't come back.  When the room came into focus again, it was already dark out.  I sat up in a daze and looked around.  I was alone, though… wasn't Star here?

• Like 1