LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

adult crib question

Hello all,

If someone could build a crib and sell it for 500 dollars and only has 8 screws holding it together and it comes apart easily and is able to be placed under a bed easily would you buy one. 500 dollars is still alot but it seems most go for $1,500 or more. The dimensions of my crib is 6 feet high, 32 inches wide and 80 inches long. The mattress is 27 inches wide by 77 inches long and fits the inside perfectly. Just looking for peoples thoughts on the subject. Sorry for the angles of those photos but its currently location is not ideal for pictures of the entire crib in one shot.

20190531_222111.jpg

20190531_222121.jpg

Attached is another photo of me in the crib so you can clearly see it's big enough as I'm 5'10".

20190605_020349.jpg

18 hours ago, DprDJeff said:

I think the cost of shipping is going to kill the idea tbh. Selling locally you might find a couple buyers though.

I agree shipping will kill the deal.  As you would have to ship using freight shipping.  

On 6/5/2019 at 2:00 AM, wittlemikey said:

If someone could build a crib and sell it for 500 dollars and only has 8 screws holding it together and it comes apart easily and is able to be placed under a bed easily would you buy one. 500 dollars is still alot but it seems most go for $1,500 or more. The dimensions of my crib is 6 feet high, 32 inches wide and 80 inches long. The mattress is 27 inches wide by 77 inches long and fits the inside perfectly. Just looking for peoples thoughts on the subject. Sorry for the angles of those photos but its currently location is not ideal for pictures of the entire crib in one shot.

Having 8 screws hold that crib that size together is near impossible. It's just to large. Besides, each time you remove a screw and replace it in the same hole the connection weakens. I would look into using a slide and lock bracket system to hold the main pieces together. The crib could then be assembled and disassembled like a puzzle. The support beams, bed, and sides could all come apart and be stored away under a bed. The crib you have looks great. Is it held together by 8 screws?

Yes it is held together by 8 screws currently and holds me at 225 pounds easily. I'm using barrel nuts and screws. I'm not screwing directly into the wood. also using wood dowels as extra reinforcement.