LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What does this mean?

I’m back on online dating apps and see a lot of profiles that include something like “Jesus comes first,” “Jesus follower,” etc.

I’m not evangelical, but I do belong to a church, though that kind of language isn’t really part of our faith. I just assume we won’t be compatible when I see this in a profile, but I have no idea whether that’s the case or not.

So I guess my question is, what does it mean to say Jesus comes first? How is the life of a person who feels this way different on a daily basis than the life of someone who doesn’t feel that way? How is their thought process on a daily basis different?

And I ask about a daily basis because I’m sure among the hundreds of people I work with, some are evangelical, but I can’t see how they and their day to day existence are different than me and mine. 

If it’s really just a matter of outlook, I wonder if that does make us incompatible or not. I’m personally not concerned about other people’s faiths, but that is also part of my church in its modern incarnation.

So I’m curious.

And I’m not judging. I’m just seeking information.

It means that their relationship with Christ is more important and intimate than any other relationship in their life. Their relationship with God dictates their basis for making decisions. It does not always mean “I only date Christians” but it is a statement that asks for respect in that area of their life. A life of Jesus first involves building the kingdom and putting all other things behind it in terms of priority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Putting Jesus first is scriptural.

To take up your cross daily, which is to sacrifice self for others and to follow Christ example of service.

Its not easy and nobody does it perfectly but it should be our goal as Christ followers 

• Like 1
On 6/2/2019 at 1:56 AM, Author_Alex said:

I’m back on online dating apps and see a lot of profiles that include something like “Jesus comes first,” “Jesus follower,” etc.

I’m not evangelical, but I do belong to a church, though that kind of language isn’t really part of our faith. I just assume we won’t be compatible when I see this in a profile, but I have no idea whether that’s the case or not.

So I guess my question is, what does it mean to say Jesus comes first? How is the life of a person who feels this way different on a daily basis than the life of someone who doesn’t feel that way? How is their thought process on a daily basis different?

And I ask about a daily basis because I’m sure among the hundreds of people I work with, some are evangelical, but I can’t see how they and their day to day existence are different than me and mine. 

If it’s really just a matter of outlook, I wonder if that does make us incompatible or not. I’m personally not concerned about other people’s faiths, but that is also part of my church in its modern incarnation.

So I’m curious.

This might sound judgmental but it is not intended to be so. The fact you even ask the question is itself the answer. People who follow Jesus, get it and it needs little explanation.

• Confused 1
33 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

This might sound judgmental but it is not intended to be so. The fact you even ask the question is itself the answer. People who follow Jesus, get it and it needs little explanation.

That’s just a tautology. 

16 minutes ago, Author_Alex said:

That’s just a tautology. 

nice word, but it might help if you understood what it means. 'putting Jesus first' is an important principle to a lot of people even if they dont always do so. its more than 'what would jesus do" but that's not a bad start

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

nice word, but it might help if you understood what it means. 'putting Jesus first' is an important principle to a lot of people even if they dont always do so. its more than 'what would jesus do" but that's not a bad start

I’m quite in earnest. I interact with a lot of people in my daily life, and I’m sure quite a few of them would describe themselves as Jesus followers, and I cannot tell what it is they do in their daily lives that is different from those who do not. This is what I want to understand. Perhaps they don’t do anything different. Perhaps it’s not about “do.” 

33 minutes ago, Author_Alex said:

I’m quite in earnest. I interact with a lot of people in my daily life, and I’m sure quite a few of them would describe themselves as Jesus followers, and I cannot tell what it is they do in their daily lives that is different from those who do not. This is what I want to understand. Perhaps they don’t do anything different. Perhaps it’s not about “do.” 

calling yourself a 'Jesus follower' is a largely meaningless statement and your experience would indicate that as well. I am not trying to be critical, but you dont seem to have ever met an actual committed Christian and the church you apparently attend doesnt seem to know much about it either.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
25 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

calling yourself a 'Jesus follower' is a largely meaningless statement and your experience would indicate that as well. I am not trying to be critical, but you dont seem to have ever met an actual committed Christian and the church you apparently attend doesnt seem to know much about it either.

I’ll just opt not to respond and let your words stand for themselves.

55 minutes ago, Author_Alex said:

I’ll just opt not to respond and let your words stand for themselves.

'not respond'...

another concept you dont seem to understand.

If you want to walk with God you do it HIS way. thats it.

On 7/16/2019 at 7:52 PM, rosalie.bent said:

'not respond'...

another concept you dont seem to understand.

If you want to walk with God you do it HIS way. thats it.

Oh go roll in the aisle, and spout in tongues. You have all the scents of being somewhat radical, Author_Alex was looking for a simple answer, do you need to be quite so confrontational?  

• Sad 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 5:46 AM, Shotgun Diplomat said:

Oh go roll in the aisle, and spout in tongues. You have all the scents of being somewhat radical, Author_Alex was looking for a simple answer, do you need to be quite so confrontational?  

I offered a simple answer, but he didnt like it, nor do you.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's not fight here.  It's clear there are different beliefs so as Author_Alex said:

On 6/1/2019 at 12:26 PM, Author_Alex said:

So I’m curious.

let's keep it that way.

• 3 months later...

As a born again believer or Christian (Christ Follower) We are to keep our eyes on Him (Jesus), because we as Jesus followers are in this world, but not of this world. This life is not even a drop the ocean compared to the Eternity with Christ the Bible promises to Born Again Believers (Jesus Followers). We are to strive everyday to more-and-more like Christ as much as possible. If you remember a a decade or so ago the "What Would Jesus Do" Movement. It was supposed to make you think if what you're doing is what Jesus would have done in your situation.

Our rewards are not in or of this world, but being stored for us on that day when it's asked "Does their name appear in the book of LIFE?"

If it does, Jesus will say, "Well done thy good and faithful servant." and we'll spend eternity worshiping the Lamb (Jesus) and God Almighty.

Adversely if you're name DOES NOT appear in the Lamb's book of Life. Jesus will say "Depart from me, I never knew you.". and you will be cast into the Lake of Fire for the same Eternity.