LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing Your Diaper in public

I go to the bathroom and change. I'm only ever wet so it's never a big deal. Find bathroom, use wipes, fresh diaper, throw out old one, continue with my day. I'm confused as to what else someone would really do.

Little kaiya

It’s rare that I need to. It’s more common in changing into one from underwear than from a diaper to a diaper. 

But when I have, I go to the bathroom and change in a stall. If they have a one person/family restroom, I’ll use that. Depending on where I am, I either throw the diaper in the trash or put it in a ziplock and stash it in my backpack/diaper bag (for instance, at work).

Since I was a kid needing just-in-case diapers I have gotten used to being changed and later changing myself in public ladies' rooms. First I wore pinned gauze diapers until I was 17 and leaving for university. From then until ! was 27 I could only wear tape-on adult disposables.

For me it is more discreet to change GoodNites Tru-Fit than tape-on disposables. I've worn Tru-Fit since they were introduced in 2014.

I'll go and change where ever I can find a place to do so in a discreet and orderly fashion. I'll only wet my diaper so it's no big deal to change it. 

I usually change in a regular stall.   It's gotten pretty routine.   I use the back into the wall to hold the rear of the tapeon diaper while doing it up method.

There are a few malls around with family bathrooms with a substantial enough counter to use for changing that I use occasionally.

On 5/27/2019 at 6:54 AM, Snugglebear_69 said:

I go to the bathroom and change. I'm only ever wet so it's never a big deal. Find bathroom, use wipes, fresh diaper, throw out old one, continue with my day. I'm confused as to what else someone would really do.

Little kaiya

Some people are shy and they don't want to change diapers in a public rest room when there are other people inside.  Some may not care at all, some who wear 24/7 have embraced their diapers and don't care who knows they wear diapers or who may know they are in a restroom stall changing their diaper, but many of us do care and do not want to change in a restroom when there are other people around.

On 5/27/2019 at 9:23 AM, Author_Alex said:

It’s rare that I need to. It’s more common in changing into one from underwear than from a diaper to a diaper. 

But when I have, I go to the bathroom and change in a stall. If they have a one person/family restroom, I’ll use that. Depending on where I am, I either throw the diaper in the trash or put it in a ziplock and stash it in my backpack/diaper bag (for instance, at work).

When I am out and have to change diapers (which is usually only 3 or 4 times a year when out of town shopping), I know of places that have one at a time restrooms with an outer locking door.  CVS is usually my go to place as it's right in the area I do my Christmas shopping.  Harbor Freight and Gordon's Food are other stores that have restrooms with locking outer doors.  Family restrooms in the mall are another choice for privacy 

21 hours ago, mick_dl said:

It's exactly like Snugglebear said... Go to the bathroom and change. Where is the problem? 

Like I said, some people are shy and they don't want to change in a public rest room when there are other people inside.  They don't want others to know they are wearing diapers and want total privacy when they go to change their diapers.

20 hours ago, dlnoir said:

I'll go and change where ever I can find a place to do so in a discreet and orderly fashion. I'll only wet my diaper so it's no big deal to change it. 

Likewise, I only wet my diapers when out shopping and I can change and dispose of one in a family or one at a time restroom by placing it in a couple plastic bags and tying them up well and tossing them in the restroom trash.  My bigger problem has always been how to carry a fresh diaper through the store into the restroom when I have to change.  I don't carry a backpack (which most stores now have signs saying to please leave your back pack at the front of the store).  I don't walk in carrying any type of bag, case, satchel or anything to have a spare diaper in.  At the mall, you have no problems as you shop from store to store carrying your purchases with you.  It's easy to stuff a fresh disposable diaper in a shopping bag before you enter the mall.  It's when you walk into a store like CVS or Gordon's Food that you don't bring bags in with you and since those are places I change that have single locking door restrooms, it can be a problem.  In winter I can stuff a diaper under my arm pit and half way down the sleeve of my heavy winter coat, but in summer without a coat?  I've yet to find a discreet way of bringing into the store a fresh diaper so I can change (and I will not openly carry in a diaper so that everyone knows I wear diapers even though many people here don't care and might do so themselves).  If I was going to do that, I'd just go ahead and change in public restrooms in front of everyone anyway.  Since I have gotten Betterdry diapers for my few yearly out of town shopping trips, I haven't had to worry about changing diapers in public. One of those will last me at least 8 hours and that's about all I need it to when out Christmas shopping.  In winter, jeans and a heavy coat hide the bulkiness of a thick premium diaper, but I have not tried to wear one in the summer yet under shorts with no coat or jacket.

Generally, I try to coordinate so I don’t have to change in public. I don’t wear 24/7 to begin with, so that helps. I tend not to go out too often diapered, but it does happen from time to time.

In the event I need to change while out, I’ll find a close bathroom, go into a stall, change, bag the used diaper in a shopping bag, and either dispose of it in the bathroom, or in a trash can that’s a bit more conspicuous. Worst case, I wait to dispose of it until I get home.

Go change in the public restroom. If there are no restrooms, I just find an empty parking lot and change in my car. I have also done it on the side of the road in a residential area and I was facing a ball field. I wear 24/7 so this comes with the territory. 

8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Some people are shy and they don't want to change diapers in a public rest room when there are other people inside.  Some may not care at all, some who wear 24/7 have embraced their diapers and don't care who knows they wear diapers or who may know they are in a restroom stall changing their diaper, but many of us do care and do not want to change in a restroom when there are other people around.

Hey Rusty - yes your right but... I think I’m also shy - and believe me - I’m the last one who would open up to others about my UIC if there is not need to do it. I’m more then happy if no one mention my problem and I do a lot to hide it. But I learned also that I have to look at my own needs. I don’t wont to marinade myself in a wet diaper over the day. This is not good for my skin, and not good for my soul ether because it remembers me that I failed again. So I need to change some when a accident was happened.

First this was a bit like a nightmare, because I thought everyone would mention it if I change my diaper and someone is in the stall nearby. But believe me - in over three years while I’m dealing with this problem no one ever said a word. Most of the people are absorbed by themself and will not mention it and even if someone would mention it he will ignore it. Nearly no one is interested in the problems of incontinent people and is happy if he is not involved. So there is no reasons to fear. What should happen in a worse case?  Maybe a bad joke - so what...

So what I wont to say is: If someone have a medical problem he have to deal with it in the best way he can. I think most people with continence problems who had decided to use  diapers would agree that it’s not the best option to wear them wet over a longer time. But there is of cause the fear that somebody mention that you are incontinent when you change. This fear let an industry grow that try to sell you even thicker more absorbing diapers for enormous costs that you can wear for a longer time. But is this good? I would say no. It ruins you skin over the time, it is uncomfortable to wear, you will sweat more, smell more and you may even spent a lot more money then necessary because it’s often even cheaper to use somthing less absorbing but change more frequently then wear this expensive  stuff  over the whole day. I just like to say: Think over again - all of this just for a simple stupid fear that is - as most fears unreal if you start to think about it?

• Like 1

You can get used to it.   I was once like you were and very nervous about it.    Now many places have handicapped/companion/family bathrooms that will give you a larger amount of privacy (and usually more room) to change in.

14 hours ago, mick_dl said:

Hey Rusty - yes your right but... I think I’m also shy - and believe me - I’m the last one who would open up to others about my UIC if there is not need to do it. I’m more then happy if no one mention my problem and I do a lot to hide it. But I learned also that I have to look at my own needs. I don’t wont to marinade myself in a wet diaper over the day. This is not good for my skin, and not good for my soul ether because it remembers me that I failed again. So I need to change some when a accident was happened.

First this was a bit like a nightmare, because I thought everyone would mention it if I change my diaper and someone is in the stall nearby. But believe me - in over three years while I’m dealing with this problem no one ever said a word. Most of the people are absorbed by themself and will not mention it and even if someone would mention it he will ignore it. Nearly no one is interested in the problems of incontinent people and is happy if he is not involved. So there is no reasons to fear. What should happen in a worse case?  Maybe a bad joke - so what...

So what I wont to say is: If someone have a medical problem he have to deal with it in the best way he can. I think most people with continence problems who had decided to use  diapers would agree that it’s not the best option to wear them wet over a longer time. But there is of cause the fear that somebody mention that you are incontinent when you change. This fear let an industry grow that try to sell you even thicker more absorbing diapers for enormous costs that you can wear for a longer time. But is this good? I would say no. It ruins you skin over the time, it is uncomfortable to wear, you will sweat more, smell more and you may even spent a lot more money then necessary because it’s often even cheaper to use somthing less absorbing but change more frequently then wear this expensive  stuff  over the whole day. I just like to say: Think over again - all of this just for a simple stupid fear that is - as most fears unreal if you start to think about it?

Good points.  I am not incontinent and don't wear 24/7, only a couple mornings a week for a few hours or all day if I go out of town shopping.  I do not advocate soaking in your diaper all day long because that can cause problems and skin break down over time.  I do change my diaper when out and about when it gets soaked.  Normally 3 to 4 hours and I'm ready or more than ready to change into a dry diaper when shopping.  My point is, I will always change my diaper when I need to (if I didn't, I'd be leaving puddles on the floor of the mall as I walked around in my sopping wet jeans shopping).  My point is when I have to change my diaper, I don't do it in a public restroom where there are urinals and many stalls with other people in the rest room.  I go to one of my nearby go-to one at a time rest rooms with an outer door lock so I can change in privet.  It's one thing for an incontinent person who wears all the time medically and has gotten used to 24/7 and everyone knowing about his issue and diapers.  It's normal every day and they have become at ease with their routine.  For the occasional diaper wearer like me who just wears for personal enjoyment now and then, especially if they rarely wear out in public, it's much more difficult from a personal view of my comfort level to change diapers in a rest room with other people around, even if those other people may not notice or won't say anything.

I am in agreement that wearing a soaked diaper all day long without changing it isn't the best thing for your skin.  The majority of the diapers I wear at home are from Goodwill or thrift stores.  These are new unopened packages but more like a store brand.  Prevail, Wings, Attends 4 tape, diapers like that.  Because they are far from the premium diapers you can get today, they are usually ready to be changed after about 3 hours or so.  That works for my diaper scheduled at home because I mostly wear for about 3 hours in the early morning when I get up 2 or sometimes 3 days a week.  I don't sleep in diapers either.  What I did find with the Betterdry diapers is they absorb a lot!  I don't even feel wet and even after 6 or 7 hours, it's mostly the front area of the diaper that is wet.  Even when driving in the car from store to store the back of the diaper remains mostly dry.  Such is the design of premium diapers that you really don't even feel like your damp for several hours.  I would normally advocate changing diapers after a few hours if very wet, but for my few days a year I go out of town diapered, I think 8 hours in a premium diaper is not doing any harm and it helps me avoid having to change diapers while out and about.  7 hours in a wet Betterdry diaper is more like 2 hours in one of the normal disposable diapers I wear from Goodwill.  The trade off is the thickness and bulk, but I can deal with that in winter with my jeans and heavy coat.