LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

why pull ups

I see quite a few photos of young ladies in kid size pull ups.  Why aren't they in regular sized pull ups?  Do they think when they're buying, oh it's for my baby sitting job and not for me if they need an excuse?

I think a lot of people find adult pull ups a bit unflattering, they are nick named ‘Granny pants’ after all where as the kids ones often look better and have cute designs and stuff.

Also since some of the bed wetting ones like Good Nights have stretchy sides and some adults can still get into them it just goes with the whole ABDL thing in a way that I don't think Granny Pants do.

That's my guess anyway.

As far as when there buying them, I don't know what there thinking: but I don't know why they'd need an excuse, I doubt most people would even be paying attention to some random person buying diapers.

Adult pull-ups are so unattractive! They look like they’re for old people.

My only complaint about women wearing kids’ pull-ups, which are adorable on them, is they’d look even better in a diaper!!!

Adult pull ups is the worst looking "diapers" ever

Goodnites etc. is nice looking, but a proper plastic diaper would be better

In a way, I wish I could fit into Goodnites, they seem practical for daytime, when you don't plan to pee much

If you can fit in them and they look correct for the size of a person's body and they work just as well, I see no problem.  What has always bothered me is the larger adult who tries to squeeze into an actual child's goodnite, pull up or baby diaper because they want the "authentic look and feel" of an actual baby diaper.  NEWS FLASH!  A 200 pound adult guy is never going to look like an authentic baby or toddler by trying to squeeze into any toddler or kids diaper or pull up!  For a kid, they look authentic because the product is sized for their kid's body.  That's why these products come in so many sizes from newborn to size 7 or Goodnites in sizes based in age or weight.  When an adult wear baby diapers for that "real babyish" look, they just look disgusting, like an over stuffed sausage bursting out of it's casing, especially if the pull up or diaper has to be taped on with duct tape because the side panels won't reach around to properly fasten it, as well as the diaper looking like a tiny bikini because it can only come up part way in the front and back.  I think smaller women can get away with them because even if they are a little small on their body, they would look more like bikini style panties many women wear anyway.  A guy?  Uggh!  I say wear what is appropriate for the size of your body, and if you can fit well in Goodnites or Pull ups and they look well on you, fine.  If not, use adult pull ups and peel off cartoon stickers you can buy in the stationary section of any good store and decorate your adult pull up if you want it to look more child like.  If you want to look like a baby in a diaper, the diaper still has to look correctly proportionate to your body.

• Like 1

Rusty Pins,  and another item that doesn't look like good is  the hair on men!  

on top of it, I don't think kid pull ups are as absorbent as the adult ones?   Why would you risk a leak?  Why not get the proper size / age version?

19 hours ago, 2sail2 said:

on top of it, I don't think kid pull ups are as absorbent as the adult ones?

They are cheaper per unit of absorbency.  

19 hours ago, 2sail2 said:

Why not get the proper size / age version?

Probably because they don't want to feel their "proper" age while diapered.

For one, there isn’t a true Pull Ups/Goodnites equivalent for older teenagers/adults. A true ABDL Pull Ups pant has been a pipe dream and rumored idea for years now. ABDL companies have been rumored to be working on one for years now, but the closest thing we have are those awful Bambino Magnifico Slip Ons, and they are nothing more than a cheap medical-grade pull on diaper with a print. Honestly, at this rate, I doubt we’ll ever see a true ABDL Pull Ups product available.

Another thing to consider is the ease of accessibility and discreetness a child’s product offers over an adult’s. The packages are smaller, meaning they’re easier to store and access, and no one will bat an eye if you’re at the store grabbing a pack for your “younger brother/sister” who is still “potty training/bedwetting.” Plus, and I hate to even bring this up, if you happen to be babysitting or in charge of a child who is either potty training or still needs some extra protection, odds are it’s easily accessible in someone’s home, whether in the bathroom, a child’s bedroom, or elsewhere.

There’s also the nostalgia factor, where certain people long for the things they were put in and used when they were kids. It’s what drives the market for vintage and out-of-production diapers on eBay. It’s why you see old plastic Luvs diapers fetching several hundred dollars a bag online. It’s also why people, such as myself, collect and use the older products on occasion.

Finally, and I know it’s been brought up already, but aesthetically, Pull Ups and Goodnites don’t look gross, they don’t look medical. They’re designed to be colorful and as least medical or diaper looking as possible for a number of reasons. If given the choice, would you rather wear something that’s bright and fun or something that looks boring and borderline institutional? (I know some people prefer that, but I’m trying to make a point.)

I will say that I am of the opinion that you should wear the proper product for your age and size, like toddlers in baby diapers and adults in adult diapers, but ultimately what someone chooses to wear is up to them. If baby diapers and Pull Ups is the avenue they choose, then so be it.

I think baby nappies and pull-ups look a bit rubbish on grown women... there are some cute, feminine adult pull-ups that work a lot better (in both appearance and absorbent capacity!) A proper adult nappy is best of all though.

Smash N Dash made me think of something else.  I know there are members here who do wear pull ups at times instead of their normal diapers.  Places like work or maybe when they are around family.  Sometimes they just like feeling the extra bulk that their regular underpants can't provide even if they never use the pull ups for their intended purpose.  Others either don't wear any absorbent product to work, or they just wear their regular diapers instead.

I wonder if novelty print pull on disposable underwear would even be profitable based on how often people would actually use them.  Would enough AB/DL members buy them on a regular ongoing basis to make it profitable for the manufacturers, or would it be more of a novelty to be worn only once in a while instead of someone just wearing their normal diapers?  I think actual diapers are what the majority of members and AB/DL are in to, not as much so pull on disposable underwear.

54 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Smash N Dash made me thing of something else.  I know there are members here who do wear pull ups at times instead of their normal diapers.  Places like work or maybe when they are around family.  Sometimes they just like feeling the extra bulk that their regular underpants can't provide even if they never use the pull ups for their intended purpose.  Others either don't wear any absorbent product to work, or they just wear their regular diapers instead.

I wonder if novelty print pull on disposable underwear would even be profitable based on how often people would actually use them.  Would enough AB/DL members buy them on a regular ongoing basis to make it profitable for the manufacturers, or would it be more of a novelty to be worn only once in a while instead of someone just wearing their normal diapers?  I think actual diapers are what the majority of members and AB/DL are in to, not as much so pull on disposable underwear.

I think the key to making adult pull-ups marketable to ABDLs is the waistband and the length of the pad. On a kids pull-up, the pad goes higher front and back, and the waistband, when worn, looks smooth. On an adult pull-up, the pad is short and the waistband looks crepe. 

7 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Smash N Dash made me thing of something else.  I know there are members here who do wear pull ups at times instead of their normal diapers.  Places like work or maybe when they are around family.  Sometimes they just like feeling the extra bulk that their regular underpants can't provide even if they never use the pull ups for their intended purpose.  Others either don't wear any absorbent product to work, or they just wear their regular diapers instead.

I know a few companies have tried that approach with little success. Bambino has the Magnifico Slip-on right now, but it looks too medical and has a very limited capacity. I can’t remember who, but there was another company that tried a printed pull on pant that had fish and nautical stuff all over it, again, not very successful.

I do think that there would be a bigger market for a product like that, at least from a ABDL standpoint, if it stayed close to the source material. If a company came out with essentially an adult-sized Pull Ups pant, with things like:

• Easy open sides
  • Fade-when-wet “Learning Designs”
  • ”Cool Alert” or “Feel ‘n’ Learn” liner
  • Bright and fun colors and characters (Crinklz would be perfect for this)
  • ”Underwear-like” graphics and appearance

...and at least a decent absorbency, I think it’d be a huge hit, at least in the ABDL community. It’d probably be expensive as heck, but I know I’d buy them. It’s not like folks would have to settle for kids products either at that point.

On 5/29/2019 at 10:58 AM, Author_Alex said:

I think the key to making adult pull-ups marketable to ABDLs is the waistband and the length of the pad. On a kids pull-up, the pad goes higher front and back, and the waistband, when worn, looks smooth. On an adult pull-up, the pad is short and the waistband looks crepe. 

amazon branded solimo pull ups do have a pad that comes up pretty high in back and front.  I recommend XL for that purpose, but chaffing is a bit of an issue.

Interesting...the bambino pull ups are out of stock.

Indeed, why pull ups?  I'm not a big fan of adult pull-ups.  Here in Australia, their unit cost is significantly more than tape-on nappies and in my experience, they just don't hold very much at all.  About the only reason I've found to wear them is that if I'm going to wear nappies through a gym work-out, a pull-up is far more likely to survive.  Even then, I'd rather endure the 40m of exercise nappy-free but if that becomes uncomfortable over time, I'll go back to pull-ups for that.

There's been a lot of controversy on the media down here about aged care facilities and leaving people in adult nappies for long periods of time has gotten airplay.  Every time you see the hidden camera footage, it seems to be pull-ups.  Since they seem to be at once expensive, and less effective, I've always been puzzled why institutions would go for them.

10 hours ago, oznl said:

There's been a lot of controversy on the media down here about aged care facilities and leaving people in adult nappies for long periods of time has gotten airplay.  Every time you see the hidden camera footage, it seems to be pull-ups.  Since they seem to be at once expensive, and less effective, I've always been puzzled why institutions would go for them.

The breathability helps with bed sores?

1 hour ago, 2sail2 said:

The breathability helps with bed sores?

I'm honestly not sure but certainly the zeitegeist of the media stories is that the institutions couldn't give a hoot about minimizing adverse outcomes where it ran across profitability.  As a 24/7 ABDL wearer, my confusion was that wearing pull ups is NOT a cost effective outcome.

You’ll more commonly see people in assisted living in a pull-up because they can get to the bathroom and usually change themselves.

In skilled nursing, it’s tape-on diapers.

Most facilities, in theory, change diapers promptly to avoid skin problems, but the reality of nursing homes is they never seem to have enough staff. This is why hospitals have thinner diapers (because they actually do change people regularly even if the diaper can hold more) while nursing homes usually have thicker ones.

I will be swallowing every pill in my house before going into skilled nursing.