LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers in Europe?

Hi, folks.  I have worn diapers to bed for about the last two years, and I have been wearing them 24/7 for almost 8 weeks now. I have taken some short work trips and have always brought enough diapers with me to last a couple of days, but this summer, I am going to be in Europe for a couple of weeks, based out of France. I don't think it's practical to pack that many diapers, so I have two questions: 

1) Can you get decent diapers in stores in Europe?

2) I have worn diapers on planes before but I always leave it in my carry-on until after I have cleared security, then put it on. Have some of you worn diapers through security screening, and if so, what has your experience been? I don't care in particular if the security people know I have a diaper on, I just don't want to end up having to go off somewhere in private for a more thorough examination, because they think I might be using it for some reason other than not wanting to dampen the seat on 7 hour flight.

Thanks for your thoughts. 

I travel to Europe all the time, sometimes for over a month.  You should be able to buy adult diapers in France at a local store.  What I generally do is pack an entire suitcase full of diapers and when I arrive I place an order with ABU Europe.  They ship diapers to me in Sweden, delivered straight to my hotel.  I believe in France they have an online ABDL merchant called Diaper Minister that you can order from.

One good thing you may not know is that most airlines will not charge you for a bag full of incontinence supplies as it is a medical necessity.  Generally you can fly with two free bags internationally.  If you have one bag dedicted solely to diapers you can have three.  I have never needed a written doctor's note either.  You simply tell the airline agent that the bag is full of incontinence supplies.

As far as airport security, it is truthfully nothing to worry about.  Out of hundreds of flights all across the world wearing diapers permanently I have been pulled aside maybe a total of fifteen times.  Out of those times I have only been sent to a secondary screening in a private room five times.  I have never had to remove my diaper but I generally do have had to drop my pants to show airport security I am indeed wearing a diaper.  On all occasions the security personnel were very understanding and respectful. 

The best way to wear a diaper through airport security is dry.  I have never been flagged with a dry diaper or even a lightly wet diaper.  Typically the rule of thumb is the fuller your diaper the more likely the scanner will flag you.  I will say on many occasions I have gone through airport security with a completely saturated diaper and was not flagged.

If you do get flagged they will tell you that they have to pat you down in your groin.  Generally they will ask you if you would like to go to a private room but sometimes they just commence with the feel down.  For me if we reach this point I always tell them I am wearing a diaper as they are going to be asking once they feel it.  They always feel in the waistband of my diaper but generally try and be more discreet about it than if you were not wearing a diaper.  At anytime you can request for a private screening.

Hope this helps, have a great trip.

• Like 3

I agree with Mark.   Every pharmacy in France seems to stock at least one acceptable brand of tape-on and one brand of pull-up.   Another amusing thing I learned there is that every pharmacist must be able to identify if a mushroom is edible, so if you're out foraging for them and are uncertain, you can bring them in for a determination.

The same is true about security.   In fact, unless you are heading back to the US, I've found European security far less arduous than American security.    I just make sure my diaper is dry before heading through and I've not had any problems with even the nudovision scanners.    I've been randomly selected for additional screening a few times and got the "grope" treatment, but they've never said much even when they noticed.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

As I’m French I’m pleased to share my experience of diaper buying in France.

Personaly I use "Absodys" night diapers which are available in all Carrefour supermarkets for 11 euros (20 diapers),

and "Abena Abrilet" liners which I purchase in a medical store called "Médinov" in Lyon. 

Absodys night diapers are quite thick and pleasant to wear, although they lack the plastic cover.

If the crinkling is important for you, you should go to a Leader Price supermarket and buy a pack of Helen Harper adult

diapers (about 8 euros for 12 diapers) : their soft plastic cover is just great !

Have a nice trip to France.

With lots of Love,

Totophe

• Like 1

Thanks, Totophe.   I was actually in Lyon in April.   A good friend is doing a year abroad at the University there.   We had arrived on the TGV from Paris to catch a cruise down the Rhone.

In case you travel to Germany as well, it shouldn't be a problem to find diapers here. Just look for a "Sanitätshaus". In most big towns you will at least find one.

Otherwise you find "Apotheken" (Drugstores) almost everywhere. They as well have some diapers in stock - only probably not your favourite brand.

• 3 years later...

Any special advice for buying diapers in and around the Nice or Provence France area? I am debating between packing enough diapers to last me (1 full suitcase worth), or just minimum and buying as I go.

• 1 month later...

Update - Tena Diapers Slip Maxi - Cloth backed only - all over France. Most pharmacies have something, but you need to find a Materiel Medical pharmacy for more options. I went to like 10 pharmacies (much to my wife's dismay) to find plastic backed but gave up and bought cloth backed instead. Last time (6 years ago) I was in Italy on Lake Como, when into one pharmacy and they had plastic backed Tenas my size. I didn't find any Abenas or Molicares, but there was one pharmacy that may have had them but was closed for lunch when I went and it was too far away to go again. I found the Tena's to be not as worthwhile as my typical NS Supreme. 

• Like 1

Not sure about rest of Europe but here in the uk we have Amazon lockers all over the place! Order some diapers and get them delivered to your nearest locker where ever you are! Not sure where you’ll be but I’m pretty sure you’ll find some sort of delivery through Amazon! 

if not from past experience all local pharmacy’s have adult diaper supply’s throughout Europe! Just go In and ask.

• Like 1

In Sweden there are a few rare stores for handicap people and they carry cloth  backed diapers, but they are very very rare because you are supposed to get the diapers you need from the country with tax payers money.

Our Pharmacies started to carry some years ago pull ups and single use bed protectors.

Us abdl people here in Sweden gets most of our diapers through online stores like Maxdiaper or Save, Diaper-minister etc
Some fools actually go the route to get them prescribed and get diapers for free(Thanks to tax paying citizens like me) But that is ofcourse frowned upon, diapers should only be prescribed for those who really needs it for medical reasons.

• Like 2