LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can taking water pills before bed cause bedwetting?

So I have thought about taking a water pill and a sleeping pill before bed in an effort to encourage bedwetting. However I figured before I did something wacky I would go to my main source of information.

And please hold back on the insults asking if I am crazy/nuts/whatever because you're really not helping when you do that.

Before mixing pills, even over the counter stuff, you should talk to your doctor or a pharmacist to be safe and make sure there won't be any unintended consequences/ side effects.  If you do decide to go ahead and roll the dice sans expert/medical consultation, at the very least, staying hydrated is important (and not just for the amount of pee going into your diaper).  Before playing with pills, I'd recommend trying natural diuretics and adjusting your diet/ hydration levels along with the 12 month diaper training program, or hunting up a bedwetting training program.  Throw in some subliminal messaging/ hypnosis files (you can find free ones on warp my mind). 

ETA:  If you really want to play with pills, you could always just take a sleeping pill and drink a lot of water just before going to bed, that way as you sleep your bladder will fill up.  (But still, even just taking one type of pill, even over the counter, I always recommend consulting with the pharmacist just in case because everyone's body is different, you never know how your body will react, especially if you're on doctor prescribed medications)

• Like 1

Taking a water pill will disrupt the electrolyte balance in your body.  Water pills are for people who have high blood pressure and need to get rid of excess salt and water.  Depleting your body's salt reserves and dehydrating yourself is dangerous.

Also, it still won't cause your brain to allow your urinary sphincter to relax during sleep.  You'll just get awakened in the middle of the night by your full bladder.  

• Like 2
On 5/20/2019 at 9:57 PM, PrincessArya said:

So I have thought about taking a water pill and a sleeping pill before bed in an effort to encourage bedwetting.

The sleeping pill (depending on the type, dosage, and your own sensitivity to it) may help bedwetting. If it's the non-prescription antihistamine type, unlikely, as these products tend to cause urinary retention more than the reverse. You likely will wake up with a full bladder, a fuzzy mind, and a dry mouth. If it's the benzodiazepine or analog type (Z-drugs) some people have reported success, but don't take this for a recommendation. Taking any kind of non-prescribed drugs (including alcohol) to cause bedwetting with any semblance of safety requires lots of homework, and is generally not a good idea.

The diuretic (unless regularly prescribed to you) is not useful here. Simply having a large glass of water before bedtime will be just as effective, and less risky.

One less risky route might be, if you have legitimately prescribed benzodiazepine-family sleeping pills, to take one on an empty stomach with a large glass of water and go to bed. Then you lie down on your belly, and relax your sphincter just shy of peeing and hover like that (this takes a bit of practice). With some luck, when the medication hits, it will take you over the edge and you will pee. The medication often has an amnestic effect, so in the morning you won't remember having peed. Voila.. safe(r) simili-bedwetting. This works best with a fast-acting benzo such as diazepam or sublingual lorazepam.

You guys and gals are barking up the wrong tree with this hydrate and sleep Idea, you need to increase fluids throughout the entire day so that by bedtime when you bolus a large glass of water :

1.the body has no idea of the existing bladder volume

2.the body isn't sure how much anti diuretic hormone to use for the amount of water all ready in the system ,that needs to be converted to urine.

3. Because the body is lacking the information ,it will not correctly compensate the new urine it puts into the bladder .

4. If the body cannot increase the density of the stuff that goes into urine , there is greater than usual chance your bladder will overfill and spontaneously release .

A large bolus of water at bedtime will just be turned into super strong urine ,however if there is a ton of water in the system "processing" plus the large glass at bedtime ,chances are good , your bladder will be over whelemed .

Work smarter not harder , fluid loading at bedtime will not produce the desired goal,however if you do it all day you can get your body to lose its control by intentional accident. Bearing in mind do not over due or start slamming water ,water intoxication is real and fatal ,so dont do that build up the amount your drinking little at a time until your almost constantly sipping water ,big single slams will not work ,as a side effect of increased fluids you may lose weight from eating less because you feel full more .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Medication does the opposite of what the medication is designed for.

This may seem like a sweeping incorrect statement, but the body is an expert and conservation of energy. If a chemical is introduced into this biological factory, the natural form of that chemical production in the body will be reduced. As a result, in your case, a 'water tablet' to increase the water in ones body tends to dehydrate the person.

To wet while asleep, one must defeat the reason one learnt not to wet while asleep - ie the wet bed / leaks / shame / clean up etc. Once you do this, your body will revert automatically to voiding in your sleep rather than storing same. This it does to conserve energy - it takes a lot of energy to make the chemicals to store pee / poop and keep sphincters locked closed. Once your body realizes that there is no reason to do this, it will stop.