LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

prevent chaffing

Tena Pants work for me, without any chafing.  I've walked 45 miles in them without a problem with chafing.  I wear the thickest ones (Maxi), & often wear two pairs, for easy changing.  No idea how they compare with others, as they're the only pullups I've worn for years.

I think it has more to do with fit. Material that doesn’t hug your body is material that will run against your body. You need the material to move with you, not against you.

I’d imagine a thinner garment would fit more snugly, but not necessarily.

I’ve found Abena Abri-Flex Special to fit better than regular underwear. They have a lot more elastic to keep things tight but comfortable. I think they feel better than my regular underwear.

1 hour ago, Author_Alex said:

I think it has more to do with fit. Material that doesn’t hug your body is material that will run against your body. You need the material to move with you, not against you.

I’d imagine a thinner garment would fit more snugly, but not necessarily.

I think Alex is right here.  Also, if you're overweight, you're more likely to get chafing.  I'm not, so my thighs don't rub together.  By the way I always wear PU pants and a onesie over my pullups (or whatever other nappy I'm wearing).

On 5/19/2019 at 8:03 AM, Stroller said:

Tena Pants work for me, without any chafing.  I've walked 45 miles in them without a problem with chafing.  I wear the thickest ones (Maxi), & often wear two pairs, for easy changing.  No idea how they compare with others, as they're the only pullups I've worn for years.

Can you give link to the specific model of Tena Pants?  Years ago, I found them pretty stiff and uncomfortable.

My legs (inner thigh) have become somewhat flabby from not working out as much due to some knee pain.  

Only had problems with cloth-like, as they are not very cloth-like, as I don't chaff when wearing any diaper with a onesie or boxer

Plastic diapers don't chaff and I often go without onesie/boxer

1 hour ago, 2sail2 said:

Can you give link to the specific model of Tena Pants?  Years ago, I found them pretty stiff and uncomfortable.

My legs (inner thigh) have become somewhat flabby from not working out as much due to some knee pain.  

I get them from Dorset Nursing here in the UK.  They may chafe for you of course - but they work for me.

For me preventing chaffing is a balancing act.  The honest to god best chafe protection is wearing diapers often as you skin starts to toughen up.  Anytime your diaper is loose and you are moving about consistently you increase the chance for chaffing.  Compressing my diaper with fixing pants or compression pants helps reduce chaffing for me drastically.  When everything is held firmly together your diaper has nothing to rub back and forth against.  This is a slippery slope however.  You can have pants that are too tight and cut into your skin or enter the leg band of your diaper and result in a leak.  A thicker barrier cream such as Calmoseptin ointment helps as well.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Comfortably diapered said:

Use patrolium jelly or a cream that helps prevent diaper rash. Other than that there isn't much to can do. Diapers do have drawbacks in hot weather or active lifestyle.

I use BodyGlide on any areas that might rub - it doesn't come off on your clothes.

• 1 year later...

Long story about my legs...I am at 179 pounds now,  but I did weight lifting in high school.  Back then I was 120 pounds.  I only managed to squat 135 pounds.  But weight lifting was only in the winter, when I was not running that much.  I think I only did that two or three winters, plus a two mile jog in the snow and ice. I hate snow and ice now.

I found Amazon Solimo overnight are contoured near the groin region, which helps considerably.  They have a good amount up front for men as well.  But the cloth like outer layer can be a bit rough and scratch.    I fold the middle so it bows out.