LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A super play pen

1950potty

With Doris Day's passing (RIP) there were some clips of her movies.  One of them was "Please Don't Eat the Daisies"  There is a scene with the baby.  She puts him in this play pen.  It is a total control one.  Notice there is even a lock for the door.  I'm 72 and have never seen any one like this.  Lots of regular play pens but not this.  Looks like something ABs would like in their nursery.

Doris.JPG

Doris 2.JPG

Doris 3.JPG

I had an older cousin, who would unlock the outside door, or windows, and escape. While I never saw the actual playpen, my mom told me, they had one like in that movie! It was 2 play pens, 1 stacked on top of the other. 

AbabeBill looking at the photo it does look like two playpens.  They had to be connected so they would not separate.  I'd guess they must have been commercially available.  Some kids got good at escaping a regular play pen or crib.  Then perhaps falling and getting hurt.  My daughter had a mesh hood over her crib to keep her put.  We did that after she took a tumble.

I don’t know of a playpen, that was completely enclosed for that time, 50’s,60’s, that was commercially available? But, the one my cousin used, was 2, one over the other, and held together with screws/glue. 

On a side note, these special needs cribs are available these days. Don’t know how long the company has been making these? https://www.kayserbettenus.com/is-your-child-still-in-a-crib/

1343EA36-9788-45C5-8090-6615F60BA970.png

E04F802C-60C1-4A4E-9E07-00F7B5005459.jpeg

6 hours ago, Dubious said:

I slept in a upside down crib when I was little as I climbed out 

Maybe, your crib wasn’t upside down. It might have been the world outside? ? lol

• 4 months later...