LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Paid Professional Potty Trainers

I read an article in the news paper today, and it was about people who don’t have the time, or the inclination to potty train their children. It wasn’t about lazy parents, or even so much uncaring parents. It was more about, (wealthy) parents who feel they do not have the time, to do a good enough job in getting their children potty trained. These parents, insisted of looking to a, ‘how to book”, or YouTube how to, are more inclined, to have a professional “Potty Trainer” come in, and do it for them. You might want to know, what the charge for this service is? The article said, a professional couple in New York City paid $3000 to have their son 2 1/2 potty trained. The professional potty trainer, worked for a firm that charges $3000- $5000 to get the job done. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I could not read the entire article. But, I found it interesting. I know this concept, is not exactly new. But, we are not talking nanny, child minder, or daycare here. This is a single speciality, where they will come to your home, and get Jr. trained, and that’s all. 

Thoughts on this? 

I think of this in the context of being busy as the new conspicuous consumption, as in, “I’m a very important as evidenced by how busy I am. Aren’t I special? Please tell me I’m special!” Never mind that they choose to be that busy.

So my thinking, and this goes for parents who hire professionals not just to take care of their kids but to raise their kids, is if you’re too busy to see to this elemental aspect of raising your child, you’re too busy to have a child, and being that busy is a choice.

After all, were not talking about a single woman with five kids and three jobs, but well educated, well off couples who put self and career over kids. Nor are we talking about a nanny who watches the kids during the summer but someone responsible for a major part of child rearing.

I don’t want kids. My lifestyle, my personality, and my desires in life aren’t conducive to kids. I’ve made that call. I think others should be honest with themselves, and in deciding what they want, ask themselves whether any of their desires conflict, and if so, which one will get the lower priority. If the answer is your kids, don’t have kids, no matter how much you want them.

I'm on the fence with the idea behind this.  I know people are busy with their careers these days but half of me feels if they are that busy, they shouldn't have kids.  Half of me says they should but keep the numbers reasonable as maybe having kids might change their lives a bit.  The reason no?  If they are too busy to even potty train their own kids, then how much attention will they be giving them on other things as well?  Kids are a life time commitment and it's not just about the moments of fun you can have with them.  You have to take the good with the bad.  How many people here have regressed because they were not given the love and attention they needed as a kid?

Then you have what I call the "Rich Bitch" people who have all the money in the world but because of one reason or another they pass off their child raising responsibilities on others.  Their maids, housekeepers, whomever.  Some think it's beneith their social standing to be bothered, change diapers or potty train their kids.  They may be too involved in their clubs and other activities putting on the front of being stuck up and socially prominent among their community and other rich friends.  While they may have some fun with their kids now and then, they leave the dirty jobs that are "benieth them" to the hired hands.  How much bonding can you have with your kids when they are raised by your hired hands?  Kids are not toys or hobbies you do for fun once a week, like playing golf, the garden club or a weekend on your yacht.  They are a full time job and if you can't commit to them, then don't.  Sure, changing diapers and potty training kids can be a messy job but it also shows your love and devotion to your kids when you do it!

Can everyone say, "Mary Poppins"?  Sure it's a book and movie but the subject behind it is so relevant!  Parents who are too busy with their jobs and clubs to raise their kids and pay them the attention the kids are so starved for.  In the end the parents do discover the other things in life are trivial compared to their children which is the whole point of the book and movie. 

I’m going to jump back in at this point cause, both Alex and Rusty have brought up great points, very valid. I have some pretty passionate feelings, on these things myself. But, they are good to me only, pretty much. Meaning, what I would do is good for me, and even though I have a dim view of such a practice, cause I agree with what you both have said. If you’re going to have children, you should be taking the responsibility to raise them, and take the good with the bad. I agree, children are not a hobby, not a sometime interest, not toys to be stuck back on the shelves of child minders, or caregivers, when you’re done playing good times with them, like some kind of plastic doll. But, I can not tell others how they raze their kids is wrong either. You have to do what you see as fit, and then live with it. And, I do want to add, to be clear, I’m not talking about people who struggle to make a home for their family. People who, have to rely on grandma and grandpa, or whoever, to help watch/bring up the kids, while they are out earning to do so. 

I saw another movie myself, “The Help”, in there too, the children are mere accessories to the parents lifestyle, and mostly raised by hired help. 

I feel, you will be missing out on life, if you don’t do the good and bad, in raising your own children. 

Good points Bill, but I also want to comment on one thing you brought up.  "I can not tell others how they raze their kids is wrong either. You have to do what you see as fit, and then live with it."  This is true, but in the area I live in there is a lot of crime due to teenagers who were not raised with any responsible parenting and left to run wild.  They naturally get in with people who were also left on their own and what happens.  Robbery, drugs, crime, murder and jail, if they live long enough and are not killed in a gang fight or a drive by.  Just the other day 2 small children were taken from their home after 2 days of being left alone in filth because their mother was off all night and stoned on drugs partying with friends.  This is another side of what I mean when I say some people should not have kids.  That's just one situation that I didn't mention in my previous post.  In that case, it's not just telling someone how to raise their kids and living with it, it's child endangerment, no motivation or direction.  No incentive to learn right from wrong, go to school or make a good life for themselves.  Even if it's not a worst case scenario, the kids will have a rough life at best when they get older and statistics show more than less they end up in jail or dead before they reach 30 years old.