LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Taking a bath

Well the one thing I hate about having no bowel control is not being able to take a bath.I thought I had finished moving my bowels so I said to myself,;think ill take a bath.Big mistake.Got the tub filled with lots of bubbles.Sat down and relaxed.Within a few minets  out it comes.Dam,was so looking forwould to a bath.So I realize now I cant take baths.Has this ever happened to any of you?

ON a 95 degree day in December 2006 ,i took a hot shower ,got out was towering off and shivering ,ever blanket heating pad could not warm me I blacked out ,woke up in ICU being rewarded I had gone hypothermia, since then tubs baths showers been out ,wash a leg put in back under covers when i feel warn we do anythot part, we have found 78 and funny I'd gone in the shade winter blackest ANF parka ,zero water for me! I miss it horribly.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I am bladder and bowel incontinent and have peeing accidents in the shower on a regular basis and an occasional pooping accident, but I have not taken a bath in years, and I suspect if I did take a bath, I would most likely have The same results. I should take a bath sometime and find out what happens. If I have any accidents during the bath, I will just finish with a shower. It is not like my body hasn't been exposed to pee or poop. I have both in my diaper every day since last summer.

There are several excellent swim diapers (like discovery trekking) they are on the expensive side but can be washed and worn thousands of times, for any water based activity pool,hot tubs,showers etc swim diapers are required wearing them in your home is no big deal ,they obviously don't need or want urine containment, however fecal containment is what you want and what they do best . So get some and get back to "rub a dub dub" .you still need to do personal care cleaning drying etc .laying on bed pad you can remove the diaper do your diaper area personal care after your shower or bath . I personaly am double IC but due to inability to regulate body temperature ,i cant be exposed to large amounts of water ,so i use "bath in a bag" wipes and waterless shampoo( they also make waterless shampoo shower caps ,but are much more expensive) well in bed , having any kind of disability just means you have to get creative in doing somethings ,you can still live a full rewarding life.

I buy waterless shampoo in gallon sizes and bath in a bag by the case ,i keep a small bottle in with my routine diaper bag supplies as well as a couple bath in bag along with hand i wipes diaper wipes etc, i can get a full cleaning just about anywhere ,that I can be kept warm .
Keeping a little bottle that I refill from the gallon is more economical but don't let the name fool you "waterless shampoo" can be used anywhere on your body ,including brushing your teeth ,cleans deodrizes all without water ,rub on massage in and wipe off with a dry towel. Don't let fecal incontinence stop you from living or cleaning up ,adapt & overcome .

Yes,during a severe IBS/SIBO flare up, I sometimes have to leap out the shower or bath soaking the carpeted floor to urgently use the toilet. Worse if already cleaned myself there and have to re-wash myself again.

13 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

There are several excellent swim diapers (like discovery trekking) they are on the expensive side but can be washed and worn thousands of times, for any water based activity pool,hot tubs,showers etc swim diapers are required wearing them in your home is no big deal ,they obviously don't need or want urine containment, however fecal containment is what you want and what they do best . So get some and get back to "rub a dub dub" .you still need to do personal care cleaning drying etc .laying on bed pad you can remove the diaper do your diaper area personal care after your shower or bath . I personaly am double IC but due to inability to regulate body temperature ,i cant be exposed to large amounts of water ,so i use "bath in a bag" wipes and waterless shampoo( they also make waterless shampoo shower caps ,but are much more expensive) well in bed , having any kind of disability just means you have to get creative in doing somethings ,you can still live a full rewarding life.

I buy waterless shampoo in gallon sizes and bath in a bag by the case ,i keep a small bottle in with my routine diaper bag supplies as well as a couple bath in bag along with hand i wipes diaper wipes etc, i can get a full cleaning just about anywhere ,that I can be kept warm .
Keeping a little bottle that I refill from the gallon is more economical but don't let the name fool you "waterless shampoo" can be used anywhere on your body ,including brushing your teeth ,cleans deodrizes all without water ,rub on massage in and wipe off with a dry towel. Don't let fecal incontinence stop you from living or cleaning up ,adapt & overcome .

THANKS,NEVER thought about the swim diapers.Going to get me some soon

• Like 1

Swim diapers for sure.

But have you ever considered an enema? I understand some people who are bowel IC use an enema every morning to make their day more predictable, especially people with limited mobility. But I may be off base.

12 hours ago, Author_Alex said:

Swim diapers for sure.

But have you ever considered an enema? I understand some people who are bowel IC use an enema every morning to make their day more predictable, especially people with limited mobility. But I may be off base.

Alex ,having to many enema's will cause a lot more problums then its worth.

33 minutes ago, waynecook52 said:

Thanks for letting me know.

Actually in Europe, morning tap water enemas for incontinence is almost a gold standard of management and treatment of incontinence ,clearing any accumulated stool from the rectal vault prevents alot of accidents. Now if your talking and kind of saline enema like a Fleet or other commercially prepared enema ,yup very bad ,can lead to all kinds of problems both with rectal mucosa, as well as other metabolic problems that can be life threatening, but small 8-10 OZ tap water enemas are perfectly safe and appropriate (unless your in Flint,you know your water sucks when you wont use it in your ass ,in a survival situation you can kiester the foulest most disgusting bacteria filled water and have the rectum filter & purify the water)

The science of enemas has been lost on American doctors for many years .