LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Messing your pants in cloth

I wear cloth to bed but find myself wearing more in the day time in place of disposables.  When I mess my pants I usually put on an M4 and then change later. I feel like cleaning loaded cloth diapers would be too much work but I'm curious if anyone here who enjoys messing does it in their cloth and plastic pants with any regularity? What's your routine for cleaning?

I've been thinking the same recently.  I'm wearing cloth all day every day, & so far I've managed to get to a toilet each time before I've needed to mess.  Sooner or later I'll have an accident though.  Who's sorted this one?

I poop in cloth diapers all the time. Although cleanup isn't always the most fun, it's part of wearing diapers and that clean diaper feels so good.

• Like 1

After knocking what you can into the toilet, leave the diaper on the floor of the shower while you're showering.  That should get the diaper mostly clean.

1 hour ago, Firefly 35 said:

After knocking what you can into the toilet, leave the diaper on the floor of the shower while you're showering.  That should get the diaper mostly clean.

Thanks.  And do you need to do anything else to get them properly clean, other than put them through the washing machine?  I normally wash mine at 60 Celcius, & leave them up to 2 days in a bucket with a lid on until I've got enough for the wash.  That works fine when they're just wet, but is it enough if they've been messy?  I'd put a messy one in the wash as soon as I could, of course, but is that 60 degree wash with no soaking or added extras enough?

I rinse the diapers out really good in the tub and then let them soak in a bucket of water and non-chlorine bleach until I'm ready to wash them. It works great with no smell or stains.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree that disposable diapers are more convenient and cloth diapers are more labor intensive when messy.  I have started using a disposable diaper liner that came in a roll from REARZ.  Using this liner has made changing and cleaning a cloth diaper a lot easier.

I mess my cloth diapers and pretty much do as above for clean-up. I live in an older house with a bathtub, no shower. So I knock off the big hunks in the toilet, put the soiled diaper on a plastic bag, take a bath, and then rinse out the diaper in the bathwater when I'm finished washing myself up. Wring out the diaper, and take it to the basement to launder with the other diapers. 

I also enjoy wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants but really don't like the mess in them   When I do I clean similar to the others listed above.  Now most of the time if I know I am going to mess I add a liner or cheap disposable.  Usually I only end up with a little mess around my legs on the cloth diaper due to not changing immediately but staying in them for a while.  Sometimes I like the feeling and other times I can't wait if change my diaper immediately.

The need to know how to get my cloth nappies clean came up on me earlier than I was expecting.  Yesterday I was walking Binkie when I felt the need to poo.  Nearing home the urge got greater so I just gave in to it.  For the next five minutes my nappy gradually filled, with no effort on my part to make it happen (or to stop it).  I got home without having to stop to chat to anyone (which was a relief).  I then made a mug of tea, posted to "post when messy" as it seemed a shame not to, wet again, then went upstairs to clean up in the bathroom.  I got what I could into the toilet, rinsed out in the bath, had a shower, then got the nappy into the wash, with others that were waiting.  I gave them my normal 60 degree wash, but with a prewash to be on the cautious side.  They came out as clean as could be.  That's another hurdle crossed and one more thing I don't have to worry about in the future.  Thanks to all for the advice!

Stroller, we’re on the same schedule. I had my morning coffee this morning and decided to go do some running around near by in my night diaper since it wasn’t that wet. Went to a few places and as I was at the register at the pharmacy I began to have an urgent feeling to go. I headed outside, had a good poo in my cloth diaper and walked the ten minutes home enjoying the load in my pants.

I pretty followed the advice outlined here for clean up and just put a load of diapers in for washing. Will see how they turn out but the whole process was easier then I imagined 

• 3 weeks later...

Cleanup with cloth diapers is fairly easy if you have handheld shower. When I diaper for the night I start with a contour cloth diaper followed by the soaker pad that came with the contour, then a terry bath towel and then a terry hand towel next to my tush as a liner to ease cleanup. For cleanup I place the shower head in the front of my diaper and fill my diaper and plastic pants with water. Once fully soaked I drain and remove my diaper cover. Then I unpin the diaper/towels and lower them to the tub floor. Taking the hand towel and its contents they're emptied into a plastic pan I keep in the shower and dump it into the toilet after I finished cleaning myself, washing down the hand towel and rinsing the other towel, diaper and soaker pad. This doesn't take a lot longer than a regular shower and it has worked well for me for the last three years. I'm on disability so I don't often find myself away from home so I don't have any advice as to what you can do if you work. Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

I just use specially modified underpants!

They're cheap, easy to find, easy to modify and easy to clean!

Just add elastic to the leg bands, sew up the hole in front and rock on with a pair of cheap plastic pants!

Knock the solids into the toilet and rinse in the shower and wash with regular laundry.

I view the stains as a badge of honor...