LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Could we, or should we, use the phrase ATDL?

1 hour ago, Firefly 35 said:

I think it's understood in the community that ABDL is an umbrella term.  ATDL is just another label that would confuse people in my opnion.

Agreed. ABDL is just the umbrella term. I'm a Mommy Domme, I'm not an Adult Baby and not really considered a Diaper Lover either (though I do love them :p). 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

Adult Toddler Diaper Lover.

Since some of us prefer our potty training and bed wetting scenarios over being a baby in diapers 24/7.

If you want to call your self ATDL I'd say go for it:

If you mean as a replacement name for ABDL though I'd say it has the same problems as before because not everyone age-plays as a toddler or as a baby either.

I suggested in a thread ages the idea of using APDL (age-players diaper lovers) but I think everyone's used to ABDL as just an umbrella term: having said that 'Littles' isn't uncommonly used so maybe Littles & DLs would be a good thing to call it.

• Like 1

Can you use it? Sure why not. But it will need explaining, when it’s used. Can you use is officially? Don’t think it will fly. To confusing. I don’t think it’s perfect, but using AB/DL, is the way to go. Then if you need subcategories, add them. 

For example, I’m an AB/DL, but I also consider myself a Little, or Adult Toddler, and a Sissy, or Little Sissy Girl. And it can go on and on. 

But, much easier to start with an umbrella term like, AB/DL. 

• Like 2

I suggest we each generate a four-letter acronym randomly, so we get one each.  That'd sort it.  After all, we're all different, aren't we?

(Voice from the distance: "I'm not!")

I'm being semi-serious here.  This trend of inventing a new acronym every few weeks is getting a bit silly, & we'll be running out of letters soon.  And in what way is it helping?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Imho, of course you can use it if you want to be more specific, AB is not really correct if you identify with being older than a baby, the more the term is used the more it becomes established vocabulary, I identify as DL/IC btw,,,

ATDL? I'm thinking that would take some serious campaigning to make a thing. ABDL has been a blanket term for the last 30 years or so. My babygirl and I consider us a DD/LG couple... but we are fine with abdl. There is already enough division and self branding out there.

I'm not sure a rebranding attempt would be anything "value added". It is akin to how everyone wants to come up with an ab/dl design to represent the entire community.  

It is something that I really don't see the point in pushing. I don't think people outside our community are going to be bothered to learn the nuances. The media isn't going to suddenly switch acronyms either. 

In my experience- Age play is typically met with destain by the general population. It's not even widely accepted in the fetish community by non AB/DL people. 

I'd have no issue with a board for those identifying as an adult toddler. But I don't know if there is enough of a population to pull it off.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I personally don't care what you call it.  I will continue to just enjoy being an adult male who enjoys not only loading my diapers, but also drinking formula from a baby bottle and eating baby food from a warmed jar.  I also love my adult crib as well as my nursery and everything in it.  My joy will not be altered by any labels or lack of them.

Don't worry so much about labels.  Call yourself an adult toddler if you want to, ask your "ab/dl" friends to call you that too.  I have some friends that prefer to be called "little" because they don't like the term "adult baby".  Either way we still act and play the same way.  I'm a baby and they are little's and we get along just fine.