LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

30 day bedwetting challenge

I grant it is somewhat unusual although as people comment back, perhaps not as unusual as we all suspect!

Angela has been so validated by the book The Joy of Bedwetting, she has decided to wet her bed for 30 days without sheet washes. So to honour her efforts, we have set up a page with photos of her daily wet bed. Look if you want, ignore it if not.

The interesting thing is that we have had our BIGGEST NUMBER OF CLICKS on this page ever! So I suspect bedwetting is a secret thing we dont talk about much, but think about often

https://abdiscovery.com.au/angelas-30-day-wet-bed-challenge/

• Like 1

She's seriously going to sleep and pee in that for a month?  Surely there's already an ammonia party going on under those covers and this should be called the "skin integrity challenge" ?

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, oznl said:

She's seriously going to sleep and pee in that for a month?  Surely there's already an ammonia party going on under those covers and this should be called the "skin integrity challenge" ?

People do what people do. The surprise has been the massive response to this and most of it complimentary. It surprised me too. I imagine a well-vented room would make it not too bad.

This whole thing is a phenomenon. While many might simply not understand it - and I am one of them - the fact is that this has attracted unprecedented interest. We've never had more cliks on a single page than this one - by a country mile. Bedwetting appears to trigger a lot of people, one way or the other.

8 hours ago, Little_Mouse said:

But why does she do it?

lt can't be healthy for her, or anybody else doing the same.

pee is sterile so it isnt unhealthy. It is unusual... or perhaps not as unusual as we all think.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:38 AM, rosalie.bent said:

pee is sterile so it isnt unhealthy. It is unusual... or perhaps not as unusual as we all think.

I believe that it is clinically regarded as "clean" rather than "sterile" (assuming a healthy donor) but yes, I take your point there: FRESH pee is unlikely to hurt anybody.

The problem I foresee though is that bacteria that is inevitably on human skin (and ipso facto, sheets etc) metabolises the pee meaning the OLD pee is a petri dish for god knows what and a byproduct of that metabolising is ammonia which is a powerful irritant.

There's no harm to any 3rd party so I have no problem whatsoever with her choosing to pursue this experiment but I just have my doubts as to how comfortable this would be and the potential for low level injury.

Fresh pee is not harmful to the person it comes from, but when it gets older or comes from another person that can change. I'm not one who minds a bit of stale pee aroma, nor do I mind urine-wet bedding as long as it's not cold or otherwise uncomfortable to me but to go that far is like so many of the other "challenges" which are so popular now- just utter stupidity. I'm not going to risk my health or my relations to this world's reality by doing something unnecessary and potentially harmful when it can be avoided. Sure it get s a lot of 'hits' and popularity- a lot of that is coming from folks with only one hand available to type with :o

So let's do another challenge even "smarter" than this one- why not challenge her to use the same diaper since it's not necessary to try to keep the bed dry anymore? And why not just keep wearing that same diaper when not in bed? I hate to say it but it sure seems this world has become rather stupid of late and Darwin isn't doing enough to fix it.

Bettypooh

I understand most of these objections, but they are also rooted in their own personal experiences and preferences. Providing the room is well ventilated, it is considerably healthier and less smelly that some teenage boys bedrooms after being shut up for weeks on end. (any parent of teenage boys will confirm this)

What has surprised me in is that I have seen MASSIVE interest in the challenge and bedwetting itself. Our books on Bedwetting are consistently top sellers. Our survey on bedwetting is by far the most filled out. I get emails from people all about this all the time.

Bedwetting is not some unimportant or irrelevant issue to a whole lot of people. If they wet the bed into their teens, it has left an indelible mark on them - both good and bad. It features in stories and books and more. Wearing a diaper to keep sheets dry may be a personal choice, but it is still BEDWETTING at the root of it.

Also, there are no health risks associated with a pee-stained sheet in a ventilated room. While this challenge is being done in a public forum, the reality is that people sleeping on pee-stained sheets for weeks on end is hardly news. 

Angela has made 15 days so far and the truth is, there are plenty of people out there doing the same thing as a matter of course for their own reasons. But they dont talk about it, for the same reason that parents even today are more likely to reveal sexual abuse of their child than that they wet the bed. The stigma is exceptionally high when they reach teenage years.

I am watching the polarised reactions to this challenge with great interest.

To each his or her own. This doesn’t appeal to me know but I did pee my bed intentionally when I was a teen a couple times because I was curious. I think I loved it at the time but woke up cold and uncomfortable. I will say though that I wash my bedding and cloth diapers fairly regularly. Sometimes though if I have a small press leak from my cloth at night l, I’ll just remove the bed pad and let it air dry upon waking in the morning. Roughly baseball size or smaller dries quickly and the smell doesn’t bother me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Angela has made it to day 25 and doing fine. I am most intrigued by the ABDL community's reaction to it. You might not notice it on this thread, but Angela got a LOT of support and encouragement. It certainly makes the case that bedwetting is a huge issue for ABDLs one way or the other.

• Like 1

The polarisation I’ve seen seems to be between people attracted to these monster-trucks of the bedwetting scene and “rest of world” people (such as myself) who, without the anaesthetic of that attraction, are slightly overwhelmed at the likely stench, discomfort and skin irritation.  I wouldn’t be surprised that there is little middle ground.

I’ve tried bedwetting, it never quite hit the mark for me but live and let live.  I’ve absolutely no objection to people doing this kind of thing as long as I don’t have to sleep next to them or anywhere near their room.  I wish Angela well and may her rash be mild.