LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What's With "Operation Lose Binky"?

Seriously, I read someone talking about it just two days ago... the start of a process to get their toddler to give up her binky / dummy / pacifier. Really, what is so wrong with it? I would be lost without mine. I started using it a week after my best friend moved out of the country and sleep with it every night for the last year and a half. Nothing gives me more comfort and peace... not to mention that it's extremely difficult to curse at things with a pacifier in one's mouth. Believe me. I tried.

• Haha 1

For both of our kids they stopped using their dummies just before they started at school at 4 years old.  With our encouragement, but with their agreement.  They knew they would get on better at school without other kids knowing they still had a dummy.  There are still a few buried in the garden somewhere.  I'm sticking with mine though - the only way that'll be buried in the ground is when I'm buried with it.

Because we are raising our children to be adults one day - not to be ABDL. Most people do not care about 'suckling' a pacifier at night or need one for comfort. That's like asking why do we potty-train our children. Because it's the right thing to do.

• Like 4

I have a mild defect from not wanting to give up a pacifier as a child. My mouth has a high arch, which was a HUGE pain when I had braces/an expander. Food would get stuck to the roof of my mouth above the expander plate (which should touch the roof of the mouth.)

Fortunately my teeth turned out okay from the pacifier. The braces were to counteract my Irish family teeth that overlapped one another.

• Like 1

Part of growing up is learning to be deal with stress in your own. Needing a pacifier runs counter to that.

Moreover, the kid will get made fun of by his peers if he shows up at preschool still sporting a pacifier.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 11:35 PM, LittleAmytheil said:

I have a mild defect from not wanting to give up a pacifier as a child. My mouth has a high arch, which was a HUGE pain when I had braces/an expander. Food would get stuck to the roof of my mouth above the expander plate (which should touch the roof of the mouth.)

Fortunately my teeth turned out okay from the pacifier. The braces were to counteract my Irish family teeth that overlapped one another.

I had the same problem. Still get peanut butter stuck to the roof to my mouth even now years beyond braces.

My parents said that when they forced me to give up my "nuk" it was extremely traumatic for me. Much like my diapers. But my dad often tells me how I screamed and screamed when I couldn't have my Nuk. Thankfully, years later, I have thousands of diapers and several pacis at home!