LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Common and probably silly question.

45 minutes ago, Jynora_Of_TX said:

Howdy!! I've got a question that's probably really common and silly. How do you create a fursona? I have a few ideas for mine but I'm just not sure how to create one. 

As in a computer program to help you do it?

I'm be interested to know, too.

If you're looking for an image processing software other than Photoshop, I would go with Inkscape. Inkscape is open source and works very well. I've only used it to create SEV and DWG files for CAD, but it's a highly capable program and can be used to modify photos (presuming your computer has the processing power, lol).

There are also many many artists who (for a cost) would be willing to help you bring a fursona to life.  I've made art based on rough fursona sketches, or just descriptions with a few marks (Like green tiger, or electric blue/black/gray raccoon).

Example:  This is an in-progress piece of said raccoon, with red hair. I was given a bad sketch and some direction.

AngelaCropExample.png

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly just draw your favourite animal then colour it with your favouite colours. If you don't feel comfortable with drawing yourself you can use a free lineart base so you just have to colour (tho make sure to credit the artist that made the base you used)

On 5/2/2019 at 7:30 PM, Jynora_Of_TX said:

Howdy!! I've got a question that's probably really common and silly. How do you create a fursona? I have a few ideas for mine but I'm just not sure how to create one. 

Not a silly question at all but certainly a question that can have a lot of different answers depending on what you mean.

If you mean physically create your fursona it can be done either digitally using various software programs or using traditional art. If you aren't much of an artist like myself you can commission an artist to help you draw your fursona and bring it to life. Please note, most artists will charge more for creating an OC than using a ref sheet for a piece of art.

If you mean creating the name, traits and story for your fursona that is an entirely different process.

Personally mine came to me in a dream, corny sounding but true, during a very difficult period in my life. She's is a Champagne pink fox, sadly only two real ones left in the world, and she was first inked by a wonderful artist I know.

Creating your fursona can be just like creating a fictional character or it can be a more emotional and meaningful process. Neither is better or worse, they're just different processes.

Little kaiya

On 5/2/2019 at 4:30 PM, Jynora_Of_TX said:

Chose any animal...including the extinct ones or the not so real ones.

Give what you chosen human characteristic like walking like a human or talking like a human. If you really want to go there then give it diapers to wear too. Add your own what you like on the fursona like stars or notes on the skin = profit your done.

• 5 weeks later...

Your fursona can literally be anything, but most of us choose a fursona based on a favorite animal or mythical creature. In my case, a black fox, I find the foxes traits similar to my own and black because, well.. I like black, a red fox wasn't really my style and though I also like white, a white fursuit would easily get dirty (visibly) and I did want to suit. I also added a mythical component to my fursona and added extra tails for a "Tailed Fox" (Like Kurama the Nine Tailed Fox in Naruto, Kyubimon- Digimon, and others). Once you've decided on that you can decide what colors you use and maybe even a unique pattern or markings you want to have. As mentioned here if you're not much of an artist yourself, you can commission a drawing of your fursona by various artists, many of which attend con's and will draw it for you (for a price) sometimes on the spot, or will later mail it to you. 

• Like 1

I have a hard time coming up with the markings, and what colors go where. It's definitely a wolf as I have always loved wolves, just hitting a block on design. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 6:11 AM, JWolf72 said:

I have a hard time coming up with the markings, and what colors go where. It's definitely a wolf as I have always loved wolves, just hitting a block on design. 

Yeah, its not easy coming up with a look thats all your own, and it may take a few tries until you find something that you like. But once you do, you'll know it when it feels "Right" and think to yourself, "Yeah, this is it!"  Also keep in mind some of us have more than one Fursona, I have just the one really, though I have also played around with a dragon version that part fox and part dragon (Kind like a sergal [a race someone made thats popular] with a furry dragonlike look) that is just name Dragon Nyte at current.

• Like 1

Like Nyte said, when you find the right design it will feel right. My design is very, very simple but that's what was in my dream and I've never wavered over the two years I've had the image of Kaiya. It is right and although it isnt complex it makes me feel good. You will sometimes see folks trying to add complexity to "one up" other people and it's just silly to be honest.

It also really depends what your fursona means to you. For some it's a fun character, for others it's for roleplaying, still other view it as a reflection of themself. For me, Kaiya is the femine side of my gender. She is the visual of myself as a woman so that image is very ingrained for me.

The biggest thing is, stay true to yourself and what your fursona means to you. Dont try to emulate or leap from off of other's designs, do YOU.

Little kaiya

• Like 1