LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New to wearing Cloth Diapers

DLErica

As the title says I'm new to wearing cloth diapers.  How do you wear these in public?  They are so bulky especially with the added plastic pants.  And my plastic pants are huge, hope someone has a recommendation on how to get fitted plastic pants.  I wear plastic diapers for now.  Thanks, appreciate any comments.

• Thanks 1

I do love the feel & fit of a nice pair of clean cloth diapers & messing them is fun
Reusables also ease my feeling of guilt about the environmental consequences of my DL fetish.  
But the downside is definitely around wetting, Unless I wear a disposable stuffier inside the wet cloth doesn't feel as nice against my skin  or give me so much confidence about avoiding leaks.

• Like 1

in my opinion i say.. run the other direction as quickly as you can.. I hate cloth diapers and plastic pants. the diapers feel like a wet wash rag against your skin and the plastic pants are like a trip to the sweat lodge, but it just in your pants.. So if you enjoy sweaty rashes and cold wet diapers.. go for it.. otherwise.. run like forest gump...

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

• 6 months later...
On 5/1/2019 at 9:29 PM, Glennie said:

in my opinion i say.. run the other direction as quickly as you can.. I hate cloth diapers and plastic pants. the diapers feel like a wet wash rag against your skin and the plastic pants are like a trip to the sweat lodge, but it just in your pants.. So if you enjoy sweaty rashes and cold wet diapers.. go for it.. otherwise.. run like forest gump...

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

Whatever types of diapers you used must've been terrible in quality, as they are NOT supposed to feel like that. 

On 5/1/2019 at 9:24 AM, DLErica said:

As the title says I'm new to wearing cloth diapers.  How do you wear these in public?  They are so bulky especially with the added plastic pants.  And my plastic pants are huge, hope someone has a recommendation on how to get fitted plastic pants.  I wear plastic diapers for now.  Thanks, appreciate any comments.

Baby pants has some thinner cloth diapers that might work. Look into their contour diapers. https://www.baby-pants.com/diapers.php

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, DaddyHatiwolf said:

Finding the right plastic pants takes trial and error.

I agree with that.  I'm in cloth nappies all day every day, and for me they're comfortable and work fine.  Cloth can be very bulky, for instance if you're using flat nappies in a kite fold.  But there are plenty of other designs that are fine under clothes.  There are close-fitting velcro and pocket designs that put the padding where you need it, and hold it close to your body, and they will take extra stuffers if you need them to.  And I'd recommend thin polyurethane pants rather than vinyl.  They cost a bit more but they last a long time, they're comfortable, and they don't go hard with exposure to light/oil etc.

To keep cloth diapers from being bulky, use soaker panels (or boosters) made out of Zorb. To find out about what Zorb is and how it works, go to wazoodle.com. Zorb is a thin, super-absorbent combination of natural fabrics. I've been making Zorb soakers for years and believe me, it works well. It holds a lot of moisture and doesn't feel wet against your skin. Zorb comes in several varieties, so choose the one that works best for you.

• Like 1

I switched to cloth at night to be more environmentally friendly, and I’m going to try day time soon.

Fit matters more with cloth. A wet disposable can get drenched before it feels wet even if it doesn’t fit well. A cloth diaper that doesn’t fit well will feel wet much sooner.

The key is how far from your body the diaper sits. A snug, against-the-skin fit will keep the diaper at body temperature, but the farther from the body a cloth diaper fits, the sooner it will feel cool and then the sooner it will feel wet.

That's less of a challenge with disposables because they lock in wetness better. 

To get a good fit, I use contoured cloth diapers with Velcro closures. Easy to snug down. Perhaps the biggest difference though is that I change myself lying down with cloth and standing up for disposable. Much better fit when done lying down.

I use PUL panties. They breathe better and don’t make me sweaty.

• Like 2

PUL "sweats" so we really arent a fan of it. That might be because it needs to go in a dryer and we dont own a dryer. Regular clothes last years longer being hung up to dry so we booted the dryer years ago and replaced it with an extra freezer. Electric bill went way down and we werent having to clean clothing fiber out of a dryer.

• 5 months later...

The better rubber panties are not 'fitted" as they are made to fit a wide range and different "weight"s of diapers. For the skinny on rubber panties, use the "Rubber Panties" link in my siggie. Unliess you use a special diaper, as I do, then the best is a rectagle with good overlap, unless you are obese, a 28" wide will do fin. I do not use PUL as they are gas-permeable so they will pass indesireable materials as vapors that condence once away from body heat and they are known to get wet on the outside. The "Rubber Panties'R'US" page will explain things from the perspective of a person who has used cloth and I do not even touch paper diapers unless I have to. Ckoth do not blow out, come apart nor are they as prone to leak as throw aways since they overlap at the sides. There are ways to avoid the wet soggy feel. Also, cloth diapers are far more cost effective than the single use pampers and, once you have a good supply, you need not worry about running out. While I have a shap-on change for each diaper, you can get away with one fresh panty for each four changes. I also double or triple panty. Also, it will not be long before the war against single-use items will reach diapers as usuable landfill space becomes scarcer. I do not wear in public. I do not want to "take it on the road" where it becomes everone's business. A female does have an advantage since she can wear dresses and skirts with enough fullness to conceal them and, if used right, no embarrassing leaks or blowout. Also, paper diapers seem more institutional than "homei",, like someon is trying to get away with the bare minimum while cloth feels more luxurious, like Mommy or Nursie actually cares for the little one