LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Finding ABDL relationships

Where do you stand in the community IRL?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Currently I...

• Have absolutely no one to share my abdl side with
    • Have a few family/friends that know
    • Have a vanilla partner who doesn't understand/accept abdl
    • Have one or more (non-romantic) abdl friends
    • Have a partner who tolerates abdl
    • Have a partner who will play along sometimes
    • Have a partner who is also abdl
    • Have a partner and other friends who are abdl
    • Am lucky beyond what words can describe
    • Don't know what option to pick because the situation is complicated

You are thinking thrift store and low end, but in truth if you keep a good list of diaper brands, and keep an eye out at thrift stores, you can get really good quality diapers that last all night without changing at a fraction of the cost.  I have learned that for whatever reason people will donate large quantities of diapers to the thrift store that were mostly likely being used by a family member or friend that no longer will need them, so as long as a keep an eye out, and I am able to pick up a large quantity of diapers in a single store visit (they sell only packages that have never been opened).  I think the large advantage to thrift stores is that most people are far too embarrassed to buy at the thrift stores, especially on the discount days that reduce the prices by another 40-50% and their are larger crowds and longer lines, so I can sometimes fill up an entire shopping cart as long as I don't worry about what people say about me.  Typically the prices run from around $3.99-$10.99 depending on the package size, person doing the pricing, etc, which reduces the prices to as low as $2-$5.50 for each package.  Since not that many people like to buy diapers at the thrift stores, I can normally wait until discount days to make my purchase.  An example is I was able to pick up 6 packages of Molicare diapers - high absorbency for $3.50/each.  I also keep the higher absorbency diapers for night time and the less absorbent diapers for day time.

On 12/26/2021 at 12:43 PM, ken2988 said:

I have learned that for whatever reason people will donate large quantities of diapers to the thrift store that were mostly likely being used by a family member or friend that no longer will need them...

I talked to few people who worked at thrift stores in the past.. They told me that what is common is an elderly person who is incontinent passes away, and the family donates the diapers, since no one else in the family needs them. Sometimes if the incontinent person had the problem for a long time, they may have a large quantity of diapers, due to stocking up when there was a sale or bulk pricing. In any case, it's a good place to get a deal on adult diapers!

• Like 1
On 12/26/2021 at 10:09 AM, rusty pins said:

Thrift store diapers are good and inexpensive, but they are not premium diapers.  Over time as you age I think weakening bladder is a lot more common than people think.  Either "weak" or just the fact you have to go so much more frequently, especially at night.  I get up 3 to sometimes 6 times a night to pee.  Depending on your situation, the lower end store brands can work well if you don't mind changing every 3 to 4 hours if you pee a lot.  If you still have some control, diapers are a convenience so when you get that urge and you are not around a toilet, you can let go in your diaper.  Likewise camping at night when it's cold and dark and you have to get up out of a tent to pee (when I camped I just walked a few steps away and urinated on the ground).  Personally, I have never had a lower end thrift store diaper that would have lasted me all night sleeping, or that I wouldn't have had to stop and change after 3 or 4 hours driving, even with waterproof pants.  At an average of $3 to $4 for a package of 18 diapers at a thrift store, it's worth it.  Me, I do have a couple bags of Betterdry and Abena L4 for all day shopping trips or when I took a vacation last summer with a 5-1/2 hour drive to get to my location.  

@rusty pins

I agree with everything that you have said. This is why I decided to tell Medicaid in the state, that it is time that I “use the best that I can possibly get”. After flooding out of the prevail air diapers, which are basically bounty paper towels over your butt, I told them that I was having problems.

In order that I should fix this problem, I have the doctor write my diagnosis in a way that would guarantee that I would have diapers for the rest of my life. I stated to him that there is no reason why I should have the lower end “garbage” that they throw on people and say they are “diapers” when they are just “bounty paper towels”.  I had him write that I suffer from “severe bowel and bladder issues” and told him to use any words or phrases that would indicate that I have very little to zero control. When you are disabled like me, and you’re using a wheelchair, you can Ill forward to be screwing around With the cheapest products that they can possibly give you. I was aghast when the state told me that for people that are in nursing homes they use the same product. I told them that I have seen diapers that are so thick they’re almost like three pillows stacked together, and they can take care of anything that you can release. I told them that I being a patient in the facility like a hospital, would not want to sit in wet diapers, and to put it bluntly, prevail air or any cloth wake incontinence products will not take care of severe bladder and bowel control loss.  

so, I told him straight up that I wasn’t going to go for the cheap diapers. When you have severe problems like this, you don’t want to cheap stuff, and you don’t want to be changing a diaper every 15 minutes, or every two hours depending on how long it lasts. I also told him that “you guys know these things aren’t the best, and they don’t last, so you’re willing to give me 500 to 1000 of these a month, and they don’t even do half the work that they should. I’ve even told them that the mega max diaper is the best they make, because it takes care of my issue, and I never ever wanted to worry that I would not be able to get plastic back diapers again. They told me that I would Never have to worry about that again, because I’ve proven medical necessity. So I guess having better diapers, would be the better option, but is Rusty said, sometimes you can’t get the best diapers when you are dealing with THRIFT STORE finds, and you have to deal with what you can get when you can get it where you can get it.

I’m also very lucky: because my medical records indicate total incontinence, if I need a diaper, I will have it available. But I still worry if for example I have to go in for some sort of a surgery, whether they would allow me to bring in my own supply. We all know that there’s probably wouldn’t last more than two hours, and it’s not the best. I have had accidents in hospitals, and the last time I did that it took five nurses to clean me up at three to change the bed for a total of eight nurses to take care of me.

i’m also very lucky: because my medical records indicate total incontinence, if I need a diaper, I will have it available. But I still worry if for example I have to go in for some sort of a surgery, whether they would allow me to bring in my own supply. We all know that there’s probably wouldn’t last more than two hours, and it’s not the best. I have had accidents in hospitals, and the last time I did that it took five nurses to clean me up at three to change the bed for a total of eight nurses to take care of me.

I love camping myself. I would do exactly what Rusty did when I was a kid. I would go out of the tent and go about 10 feet away from the tent, and make sure that if I was going to Pee, that I would end up doing it away from the tent. You don’t want to get urine or anything like that on your tent, and that would not be a good idea. In summer camp, when I had to go real bad at night, they knew that it would be hard for me to be able to walk to the bathroom, so they told me the easiest way to do that is to walk to the back of the cabin or the side of the cabin that is facing away from the flag pole, and then do what I have to do. Let me tell you, there were plenty of times when did you end up having it being cold outside was hard especially first thing in the morning. Then you would end up having to go like a crazy man, because. We all know what cold water or cold weather can do to you, because it can make you go.

nowadays, I don’t camp anymore, but my dad and his wife have a trailer in New Hampshire, and that is where my dad likes to go when he doesn’t have to worry about medical appointments or anything else back at home base. I’ve seen pictures of his trailer, and everything that he’s done to it, or had someone else do for him, and it is beautiful. When my dad goes camping, he ends up having what he needs, and there’s nothing that I think that he does need other than to maybe go get food or be able to go somewhere where he can get cell signal Dash some days I wish that I was about 30 years younger. This way I could camp again, and I could actually enjoy it, and I wouldn’t care if I was dirty from head to toe. That was the fun part about camping – you could end up being in the woods, or near a fire, or you would smell like bug dope  coming back home, that was the fun of summer camp outs: my dad and I used to go to a place called Stillwater campground in Groton Vermont, part of the GREEN MOUNTAIN national forest: I don’t know how many of you have gone to Vermont, but I like when I can go to a place and it is so peaceful and quiet, and you can hear birds singing in the waves rushing or laughing at the beach: total heaven!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Remove duplicate paragraphs and paragraph Fragments caused by some glitch that happens with the iPad
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 7/20/2019 at 1:13 AM, DLTGirl said:

I have one DL friend who I see occasionally but totally non-romantic nor sexual. Trying to find someone who is DL and wants a DL crossdresser who isn't a sissy is even tougher!!  

mabey not tell your friend hi