LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Arizona considers "Changing Places" law

I've been sort of doing a "larger style changing table" search of late.   It's kind of interesting once you start looking for it.

I've accumulated a list of shopping malls, highway rest stops, stores, etc... that have a table (if not specifically designed for the special needs) that are substantial enough to support my frame.    Most all the NC rest areas have decent counters for changing tables in the men's (presumably also the womens but I didn't go there) room.   A few have pretty nice benches in the family bathroom.

There are a few airports like Baltimore and Orlando that have nice disabled changing tables (motorized).

I'm not surprised this Kern fellow is putting business ahead of people. His "I support the idea but only in places people rarely go and never if it means a business has to spend a dollar" schtick is entirely expected from someone with an R behind his name. There's plenty of room between "only government buildings" and "all private businesses." It could apply to buildings in which more than 100 people work or be based on the revenue of the building owner or tenants, so it wouldn't effect small business owners who genuinely could not afford a remodel if it required this.

I wonder if the real remedy is a class action lawsuit under the Americans with Disabilities Act could potentially succeed is getting private businesses to add these when building a new structure or remodeling an old one. It's hard to argue a bathroom is accessible if using it means exposing yourself to something so filthy as the floor of a public restroom. The potential defenses I could see are:

1. It's not that many people, which unfortunately is something a court would consider
  2. It's no more unsanitary than the toilet seat everyone else sits on, which is undoubtedly true, but whereas a person puts their butt on a toilet, a person in need of a diaper change exposes everything from their feet to the back of their head to the floor. If I were arguing the case, my retort would be, 'If it's not that bad, would the defendants demonstrate by laying down on the floor of courthouse restroom for ten minutes?'

Even in my office building, which does not have a single one-person restroom on 20 floors, and where there are only about 15 men on my floor using our men's room, the place can be foul. A couple of times I've had to change my clothes in the larger stall, and I get all acrobatic just to avoid putting my socked feet on the floor.

Personally, I'm in favor of several major changes to public restroom design in the U.S.:

1. The stall doors should be floor to ceiling with no crack people can see through. (This would, among other good things, neutralize the bullshit argument that men pretend to be trans so they can look at women in public restrooms).
  2. Those stalls should have their own light, fan, and wastebasket.
  3. Single-person restrooms/family restrooms should be mandatory in new commercial buildings.
On 4/28/2019 at 1:59 PM, Author_Alex said:

Personally, I'm in favor of several major changes to public restroom design in the U.S.:

1. The stall doors should be floor to ceiling with no crack people can see through. (This would, among other good things, neutralize the bullshit argument that men pretend to be trans so they can look at women in public restrooms).
  2. Those stalls should have their own light, fan, and wastebasket.
  3. Single-person restrooms/family restrooms should be mandatory in new commercial buildings.

I'm 100% with you on this one. I fell like the U.S has always had major issues with creating quality common-sense public restrooms. Between racism, sexism, and classism, people have always found one reason or another to say that public restroom access should be restricted in a certain way.

On 4/28/2019 at 5:35 PM, Apache Raccoon said:

Sounds like a good idea to me:

We already have a bunch of these in the UK and two in my local town

Hmm, guess I will probably be using these when I am there in August. Just have to figure out where they are in relation to my route.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...