LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Back surgery and Hospital

So i have been wearing diapers 24/7 bladder and bowel incontinence stem back from first back surgery. Last Tuesday I went in for the fourth back surgery new hospital new doctor with in the last year. So 4 weeks ago i had pre op told them about incontinence told to wear like normal when coming in to  hospital for surgery. now last Tuesday day of surgery I get there, The nurse goes over every thing and tells me to go to the bathroom and make sure bowel and bladder is empty (no food 12 hours prier) i had to strip down naked wipe this disinfect stuff all over my body I get my IV and with in an hour doctor comes in marks me and off to surgery at 7am. I wake up from surgery about 1pm in my recovery room. i was expecting catheter like all in the past but this time none. about 2 the nurse say you have soaked the bed bad. They change the sheets and pad and me. At this time the sleepiness and the foggy / spacey   feeling is wearing off, I tell my nurse that i am incontinence. she goes to the closet and brings me a maternity pad and  mesh shorts. i look at her and tell her that i wear a diaper at home. she tells me they don't do diapers. They give me a big pack of pad and them me or the wife to change them as needed. The wife not happy about that. Lucky i got discharged next day. now back home in diaper. The pic is what hospital give me.

20190425_134632.jpg

And they wonder why patients don't respect them?

And am at the end of my rope with the medical profession ,i just was recently fired from one doctor because at the end of my appointment in August my wheelchair broke down ,sure it was iinconvenient for us both ,however what they have done since is galling , they transferred me to another practice outside of my network ,so they new guy doesnt of course believe the patient ,and with no records of my care for the last 12 years( the doctors office that stopped seeing me somehow "lost" my EHR) , he stops prescribing 4 medications out of 5 so, that maneuver removed four other doctors because I can no longer tolerate the long distance travel ,i have been through all the locals who for various reasons don't want me as a patient ,so now that have stolen and quality of life I had and won't be getting back ,they have put me in the position of just ending it , i can't imagine a more cruel thing to do to a terminally ill person ,manipulate there care so the only way to get any quality of life is to end there life .

However my bitches aside ,you need to file a grievance against the hospital .they are responsable for your care well in there facility , that is straight up neglect and patient abandonment ,if they truly had no diapers shame on them ,however put there job of caring off on your wife or yourself is straight up wrong , the hospital and nurses are obligated to provide care ,and if they neglected that obligation well I was at it ,i would protest the your entire hospital bill , even if your covered by insurance I would dispute it , the failed to provide for your most basic need , you can not allow that to go unchallenged ,please don't remain silent .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Just wow. The level of ignorance is astounding. Instead of hospitals switching to more modern diapers instead of the crap they use, they go even worse to pads or nothing. So much for utilizing modern technology. Literally every hospital and old folks home could modernize their incontinence treatment and use something like Confidry 24/7. They could safely keep patients dry and safe for 6-8 hours between changes. AND the skin would be drier and healthier than the products they use now. I am younger, incontinent, and a disabled veteran. The first diapers they prescribed me were Kendall Wings. One wetting and they needed to be changed. I had so many rashes wearing them. Now I wear a Confidry and only change 8-12 hours, and guess what, zero rashes.

ya i would have thought that hospitals would use kendall wings or a real diaper. The wife complained and it did no good. Cheap care just to bill big $$$. I almost think some of it stems from nursing school not teaching about real diapers. and hospitals cutting cost. 

ya i would have thought that hospitals would use kendall wings or a real diaper. The wife complained and it did no good. Cheap care just to bill big $$$. I almost think some of it stems from nursing school not teaching about real diapers. and hospitals cutting cost. 
Diapers are a racket for hospitals they pay as little as 30 cents each,they charge your insurance as much as $12 each , the markup is staggering ! Couple that with them trying to make visitors do there job , and you have a terrific racket.

This all stems from them using decent diapers and the staff not changing patients when they should , lots of rashes infections and negative care related things ,got them in hot water with the feds ,so now the buy the worst diapers possible cheaply and not so much in hospitals but in nursing homes ,they hire teams of low wage semi skilled care aides whos job is to check and change every patients diaper every 2 hours , so the cheap diapers is driving home the message ,change them on time or alot more work will be required.
Literaly the law of land is change the diaper every 2 hours .anything like rashes etc basically falls under the heading of neglect ,which becomes a mountain of paperwork ,there are regulations of all kind for hospitals ,however in Long term care facilities you can fit the regulations on half of one sheet of paper ,most people have no idea in nursing homes assisted living you fall under what ever they want to do for you,matter of fact the rule of thumb in most facilities under no circumstance does a patient who decides they don't want to there should leave unless it's thru the back door dead , losing the revenue a patient makes for the owner is unacceptable . There was an entire multi hour presentation on PBS as to the practices of nursing homes covering up patients accidental and intentional death ,so nothing happens when they kill people ,families who suspect or can prove neglect or intentional harm ,stand alone ,the government has thus far stayed out of regulation or crackdown due to billions of dollars from lobbyist who oppose regulating there death industry . In a hospital there are laws about physical & chemical restraint all to often they use these to control patients who don't like how they are being treated,Canada started dealing with reforms and regulations of its care facilities after one of its major political figures found out his father was beat and tortured until he died , he found his spine and his voice via the suffering his father underwent .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On 4/26/2019 at 9:14 AM, Cruiser 03 said:

This all stems from them using decent diapers and the staff not changing patients when they should

snip

Hey,

This is sort of relevant to the topic, but nurses / caring staff / ? Not doing a really proper job isn't something limited to America, but it's also true here in Belgium.

My grandmother is suffering from dementia, thankfully it isn't too bad yet, she still knows us, but she doesn't know what she had for dinner. Anyway, I'm paraphrasing here, but my grandmother is still perfectly able to go to the bathroom on her own.But what did they do? They stuck a fucking diaper on her. I'm offended in her place. If she were still 'all there' she would be giving the nurses / staff a tongue lashing like you wouldn't believe, but now she appears not to care. But trust me, we (as in her family) are very offended that they did that.

My point is that the staff takes advantage of the patients (my grandma is in a retirements home) and the staff don't do what they are supposed to do. Some of them shouldn't even be working their in the first place, but because of "connections" they can't fire her which is a god-damned disgrace.

But what I don't understand is how a hospital wouldn't have any diapers. That's like a café without a beer. Or a place that sells french fries without any god damned fries! I don't get it. Surely this hospital has patients who are genuinely incontinent (like you?) and require diapers to deal with it? HOW can they not 'do' any of that? I really don't get it. Is there something wrong with the logic unit in America for doctors or something? (no offense)

after edit:

Oh, and cruiser 3? I had a really hard time understanding your message. I don't know if that's because you were in a hurry writing it or if English isn't your first language, but you might want to clean that up, because while I got the general picture, a lot of what you said is very confusing and odd to read.

• 1 month later...

I had back surgery last month, a lumbar decompression at L5.  I wear diapers 24/7.  Due to some pain management and insurance issues, I had to be checked in the night before. I packed enough of my own diapers for 2 nights, in case something happened and I couldn't go home after the surgery.  I would normally have changed my own diapers, but the IV they put in had to go in my hand, making changing difficult. The CNA did it when I said I needed it. He pulled out on of my diapers and said "Oh... the is a big diaper".  It was a MegaMax.  I smiled.  He didn't tape it too tightly, forcing me to adjust it.  He did put a chux pad underneath.  But he didn't mind. He was concerned about some irritation, and wanted me to use a condom catheter and bag. As I have IBD, that wasn't an option. He changed me again the next morning, though I was a bit soaked when I was wheeled down to pre-op.

After surgery, as I woke up, the nurse said that they had taken my diaper off in the operating room as it had been soaked, and told me they'd put me in one of theirs. They did. It was awfully thin. Fortunately I wasn't producing much urine at that point.

Certainly the next time I have to be in the hospital, I will again bring my own.