LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cribs

For those who have a crib, how did you decide to final get one? Did you build it or create a makeshift one from a bed with rails or sides.

Ivr always wanted to sleep in one again but for now it’s just a dream that may never happen

For me and my girlfriend we just took our regular full size bunk bed  put it in the corner so that the head boards is facing outwards from the wall leaving 3 side enclosed then we put up a set of sheets with cute babyish prints on them made a curtain for the bed and painted the under side of the top bunk to look like the stars for us it works great because we cannot see the rest of the room the bed is now fully enclosed which means we can have the inside look like the walls of a nursery while the out side looks vanilla a crib for us would be kinda impractical as we both really love to cuddle in little space so a twin size crib is just to tiny for the both of us and a full size crib with a cover on top would require a lot of of materials and time to make which would make it cost if my memory serves about 1000 USD in materials plus 600 worth of labor to make it plus the price of shipping it halfway across the US and the guy I got the quote from who's good friend of ours said it would take him about six months to make it which and he said I'd be better off to convert a full size bunk bed to my liking so I did that which works out well we use the bottom bunk for sleep and the top one for storage 

• Like 1

I built mine from two baby cribs (same style) and a double platform bed. I had to do a little cutting and rebuilding but it really wasn't all that hard. I like the way it turned out.

image.jpeg

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, Pampertimmy said:

I built mine from two baby cribs (same style) and a double platform bed. I had to do a little cutting and rebuilding but it really wasn't all that hard. I like the way it turned out.

image.jpeg

Oh wow that’s so cute. I bet it’s so comfy sleeping in it 

12 hours ago, Rachael-Little said:

Oh wow that’s so cute. I bet it’s so comfy sleeping in it 

Thank you so much. It is so great to wake up in a crib in a Winnie the Pooh nursery every morning.

• Like 2

I made one about 25 years ago - I still miss it but family had to come first.  I bought a single bed with no headboard or anything round it (from IKEA in fact).  Then I built four panels each with a pine frame & hardwood dowel bars.  Then I hinged these together.  That just fitted round the bed with a latch to keep it closed.  Simple, & it looked right - just like by cot when I was a baby.  It didn't have a drop side though - that would have made it a lot more complicated.

I've got decent woodworking skills, & this was pretty easy & didn't cost much.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I built my first one in 2001'ish. I had been wanting one for a long time. I was still living at home at the time and was keeping being AB secret. When I finally came out about it I was able to finally get more into it not having to keep it secret. First I built it out of paper bars I stapled together to get the measurements and bar count correct. Then built it. It wasn't fancy, but it sure felt great to lay in it when it was done. :) Now I have my 3rd one with improvements. Comfy and fun to wake up in it. Mine was made using a twin bed with four seperate panels zip tied at the corners to form the crib and it has one side that's a drop side like the old style cribs. I love it.

-Stanley

2001 crib - looking at full crib.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...