LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper covers for odour?

Ive heared there are diaper covers out there that almost eliminates the smell of a poopy diaper. If this is true has anyone else heard of these or own a pair? Can is disguise the smell from others around you?

Checkout Rearz latex briefs.  They're down to a limited selection of sizes/colors.  These used to be AC Medical.  I hope they eventually re-stock.  They're the only thing I've ever found that is truly air-tight and completely traps odors...  They're also virtually (99.9%?) leak free for overnight use.  I wear cloth over disposable with these over it all.  Roll the waist over and tuck it into your diaper so it seals against the skin.  They work great!

MDL

Most diaper covers can slow the odor spreading not eliminate it .There are supplements you can take by mouth that will emiminante 98% of the smell ,however they are expensive around a case + diapers per month expensive ($100),and are not covered by any insurance i know of.

All of the various diaper covers Rubber,plastic,vinyl,polyester,Nylon,PUL will buy you an extra ten or so minutes,to eliminate odor with a cover is a sick joke or somebodies attempt at get rich quick scheme playing off people's ignorance . You would need an airtight seal of a cover to prevent odor from escaping ,and that is bad for your skin( all of your skin needs to "breathe" ,in the past makeup and cosmetics have caused death because they completly blocked the skins breathing)  

• Like 1

duct tape and a garbage bag :P scented garbage bag, if you want to be fancy

cut leg holes in the bag and cut it shorter to fit your torso. then duct tape around and to your legs and waist. no real guarantee for 100% leak proof protection. and God be with you if you have any hair where the duct tape is applied.

BTW.... don't actually do this!! this is a BAD idea!!

• Like 1
duct tape and a garbage bag [emoji14] scented garbage bag, if you want to be fancy
cut leg holes in the bag and cut it shorter to fit your torso. then duct tape around and to your legs and waist. no real guarantee for 100% leak proof protection. and God be with you if you have any hair where the duct tape is applied.

BTW.... don't actually do this!! this is a BAD idea!!
Babykin's has that plastic bodysuit, saves on trash bags, use clear packing tape in place of duct ,i reckon you could wear it and wash it 1 year or more before the adhesive ruins it .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I'm tellin' ya guys...  give the latex briefs a shot. 

I used to SCUBA dive.  Hardcore.  I liked freshwater shipwrecks, which meant deep, dark, & cold.  I wore a dry suit, rather than a wet suit.  It's what inspired me to find something with a latex seal.  They work. 

I've worn dirty (more than I'd care to admit) in groups of people who didn't know.  If you want odor control, the latex briefs are the way to go.

I've heard for years that if you wear plastic pants over your diaper it helps eliminate the smell of a messy diaper.  Personally, I think it may help cut down the smell a little but I know when I mess my diaper and I have plastic pants on over it, I can still smell it.  True, it's not as ripe as if I didn't have plastic pants on at all, but the smell is still quite noticeable.  I would not rely on any plastic or latex pant to compleatly hide the smell of a messy diaper.  I'm not even sure Nullo tablets will totally hide the smell.

• Like 1

@rusty pins, that's true of every other plastic, vinyl, PUL, etc., pant I've tried, but not the latex ones.  Every other pant I've tried has a waistband and leg gathers that use elastic (encased or not).  They hug, but don't "seal."  Latex seals.  It's airtight.  Only time there's an odor is when/if ya first sit down, cuz the air in the diaper has to go somewhere, lol!

I've tried Nullo, activated charcoal, and some other "internal deodorant" (mushroom based, if memory serves?) to varying degrees of success and with various side effects...  YRMV

• 3 weeks later...

There are no diaper covers that will eliminate the smell from a poopy diaper. They can only contain it for a very limited time. And by that, I mean only a few seconds so you can leave the area where you pooped and go change. The only way to truly eliminate the smell of a poopy diaper is to use Nullo pills to remove the smell from the poop itself.

1 hour ago, fillemup said:

There are no diaper covers that will eliminate the smell from a poopy diaper. They can only contain it for a very limited time. And by that, I mean only a few seconds so you can leave the area where you pooped and go change. The only way to truly eliminate the smell of a poopy diaper is to use Nullo pills to remove the smell from the poop itself.

You guys aren't listening :(

lol!

52 minutes ago, mahleedl said:

You guys aren't listening :(

lol!

I don't get your response. I am simply stating fact that a diaper cover cannot contain the smell of a poopy diaper. I am bladder and bowel incintinent and I can tell you for a fact the only way to eliminate the smell of a poopy diaper is to remove the smell from the poop.

35 minutes ago, fillemup said:

I don't get your response. I am simply stating fact that a diaper cover cannot contain the smell of a poopy diaper. I am bladder and bowel incintinent and I can tell you for a fact the only way to eliminate the smell of a poopy diaper is to remove the smell from the poop.

So up above in the thread, I posted about latex briefs from what used to be AC medical (since bought out by Rearz). 

I've used PUL pants from a couple of companies.  I've used vinyl & rubber too.  For all of those, I agree with you.  They'll buy you seconds at best, and maybe reduce the level of 'scent,' but you're not going to 'get away with it' in them. 

With the AC med latex, though, you will.  I know this because I've done some things I'm not ultimately proud of, lol!  I've spent a few hours in a very well loaded diaper with my in-laws, wife, & daughter.  Even if others were just being polite, my wife would have known better and I'd have gotten a (deserved) taking to later.  I've gone to dinner...  No weird looks, nobody looking around to see where 'it' is coming from...  The only time you'll get any smell is when you first sit down, because it forces air out...  Other than that, they're bullet proof.

(side note: I said I wasn't proud of those couple times...  I'm against involving non-consenting others in my fetish.  I have to be careful with those panties, because they allow myself to think I can do things without others being involved in my fetish.  I still think it's wrong, somehow, and haven't done it in a long time)

A couple things that help are 1. Wearing a cheap larger diaper over the one you’re wearing like if you wear a medium get an XL or L and wear it over your dirty one for odor. I got mine for CVS they sell cheap maximum capacity tabbed diapers that help with smell. 2. Use baby powder after using your diaper, pour down the front or back respectively. 3. Use drops of essential oils around your legs or up by your waistbands. This cuts down on foul smells really well and they are cheap. north shore also sells odor blockers for a decent price. I use these methods whenever something stinks in my pants and most times you can’t really tell unless you put your nose up to it. I hope this helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mahleed is right.  Only pants that seal against the skin will contain the odor.  It must be a complete seal, including along the spine in back.  If you can sit in a filled bathtub for at least half an hour, then get out and not have your diaper any wetter than what your bladder emptied into it, you have a diaper cover that will contain the smell of a dirty diaper. 

The only problem is latex rubber is almost exclusive to the kink community craftsman and is expensive ,i have both natural rubber pants and bloomers from Babykin s they do not seal but they are readily available & cost effective ( i dont buy off the shelf ,i buy everything fitted in bulk ,when buy in multiples of 15 you get much better pricing ,because they can do a single money saving custom production for them and they pass it along )

I remember the old playtex latex rubber gloves ,that incredible bright yellow ,hard to get on and off because they stuck like glue and very thick and strong.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Check out kinkydiapers.com for latex pants and other stuff cut wide enough to hold diapers properly. I've tried various manufacturers, latex, plastic, natural rubber, but the pants from Kinky Diapers are the most comfortable to wear and contain also wet and messy leaks very well.

I'm writing this in a latex diaper pants inside latex diaper pantyhose and latex diaper body. Wet and messy, no odour whatsoever (except mild scent of latex).

I don’t think you’ll ever completely cover up the smell of a loaded diaper. That said, I’ve been enjoying using a terry lined plastic pant over my diapers of late. I get them from Babykins and find they mask the smell better then normal plastic pants. I can be in a poopy diaper in the kitchen doing dishes and my roommate in another area of the house has no idea about the state of my pants. There is no detectable smell.

9 hours ago, jnrck said:

Check out kinkydiapers.com for latex pants and other stuff cut wide enough to hold diapers properly. I've tried various manufacturers, latex, plastic, natural rubber, but the pants from Kinky Diapers are the most comfortable to wear and contain also wet and messy leaks very well.

I'm writing this in a latex diaper pants inside latex diaper pantyhose and latex diaper body. Wet and messy, no odour whatsoever (except mild scent of latex).

Those look awesome, but good lord are they expensive!  Still...  I'm considering it /blush  lol!

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking as a parent, I don’t really understand how anyone can say there’s such a thing as a diaper cover that conceals the poopy diaper smell. We used good quality cloth diapers and plastic pants, and after the solid food stage started, often we would know from a room or two away when whoever was currently in diapers had just “done it.”

I remember being at a kitchen party at a friend’s house, with their year old son playing happily on the floor giving no sign or sound of anything. And then every head in the room turning, with eyes meeting and noses wrinkling in the amused realization of what had happened under him in his pants.

I can’t speak to bigger steps like truly sealing scuba gear, or Nullo… but apart from that, if you believe people don’t know what’s happened you’ve probably hardly ever looked after a baby, or are very naïve.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

A diaper cover might contain the small for a short time, but think about all the stinky odor that is building up inside that plastic shell. As soon as you move at just the right angle and a tinny bit of odor sneaks out, it's going to be so concentrated and strong.