LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Reference: 'humping a car with a diaper'

1:05 mark of video below 

Must admit I am a bit confused as to what he’s trying to say, I mean I get the metaphorically humping bit but rubbing it with a diaper? Why would you rub a car with a diaper?

Anyway quite a nice looking car, if I wanted a small family hatchback I'd either get the Mazda 3 or maybe a Focus.

The Mazda guy is referring to the one way cloth that is found inside a diaper.

One of the Proctor and Gamble  plants isn't far from where I live, they sell the waste pieces of this material.

I used to use it for wiping wax off cars when I worked for a Pontiac dealer in the late 60's

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, WetDad said:

Before I became incontinent, I would use the kids old cloth diapers to polish my show cars. They are perfect for that. Perhaps that is the reference? 

Like Warpiper said, this is definitely a nod to Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  It was the first thing I thought of when I watched the video.

The advantage my Dad still has is that our family produces a lot of worn out gauze diapers, Even now that the live alone, just Mom's urinary incontinence created several dozen used diapers a year. He uses those to polish his cars and other things with glossy paint.

When Phil Spector was on trial for the murder of Lana Clarkson he wanted the jury to believe the only reason he had several dozen gauze diapers in his bachelor mansion was to clean his pistols. Newspapers had a field day speculating that the aging Spector (he was 64 when she died) could not control his bladder. I never assumed Spector needed cloth diapers because the search warrant returns listing the cloth diapers did not include any plastic pants or disposable diapers.

• 6 months later...

Cotton diapers are soft and absorbent, which made them a perfect tool for washing and polishing cars. I think people tend to use microfiber cloths now, but I don't know if that's a matter of quality or economy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 8:14 AM, cruxshadow said:

Cotton diapers are soft and absorbent, which made them a perfect tool for washing and polishing cars. I think people tend to use microfiber cloths now, but I don't know if that's a matter of quality or economy.

Cotton tends to be better quality; microfiber costs less.  Most companies still make both as far as I know.

Used or scrapped cloth diapers were a common automotive rag source.    I remember some video where the person proposed rubbing out the wax with a diaper and then qualified it with:  "The cloth kind and preferably unused."