LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing diapers to the dentist

I had my first ever wisdom tooth extraction out just over 2 weeks ago. Was a terrifying experience with just a local anaesthetic(NO sedation). Horrible traumatising cracking sound of the tooth breaking broken up,strong blood taste in my mouth,etc made me cry alot, and had a full blown panic attack in the dentist chair, and wet myself(luckily didn't shit myself). Had the embarrassment of that,lucky I was wearing black jeans but still....?

Had extreme dizziness/vertigo from the full blown panic attack and nearly fell over as was jelly like on my feet after.

Also the injection wore off half way through and had to nudge the dentist with my arm for them to give me more local anesthetic.

Next time I'm definatly taking the 10mg diazepam(valium) beforehand I been prescribed. As got to have another decayed wisdom tooth out in about a month's time. 

Also as thick diapers are very calming for me, if I wore very baggy tracksuit bottoms to the dentist to hide them, would they be noticed? Don't want my t-shirt riding up when lying down(although could wear an XL/oversized large t-shirt as well. But super paranoid if the waistband could still show?

Would an onesie hide the diaper waistband and not look like an onesie if I bought one? Thicking a black onesie, as usually wear dark t-shirts.

I think that you shouldn't be too worried. First of all, even if your dentist DOES notice, s/he'll be professional enough not to say anything about it. All medical personnel are legally obliged to keep anything they are being told, secret. So your dentist will not be telling anyone.

If wearing a diaper will make you calm and better able to take it, then do so. I wouldn't hesitate if I were you. But I do wonder at the competence of your dentist though. Was there any pain? Because if there was, then you should've asked for something stronger.

Again, a dentist is a medical professional (obviously) and cannot under any circumstances tell anyone and unless you say something about it, I sincerely doubt that he or she will even say something about it. And even if he or she DOES, you don't have to defend yourself. You're there for your mouth hygiene not for anything else.

Can't say there have been any times in the past decade I've not worn to the dentists or oral surgeon.  For the excavation of the wisdom teeth and whatever, I opted for general anesthesia.

I am a complete humongous wòose dental phobia , reason I say that one of our hospitals was using the same odorless colorless sanitizer dentist use , i was the third dental phobia person to go into outer space , i was supposed to be a safe ride home for my G/F who had a colonoscopy , they mainlined so much Ativan into me just to get me to blink again .I have screwed up nerve wiring that locals don't work ,so somewhere along the lines ,I got very messed up ,now anything dental has to be done under general anesthetic in an operating room in a hospital , they don't want to know what my reaction will be to something I can smell,see or hear.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By a light t shirt a size large than you normally wear and tuck it in, then put your regular shirt over it. No onesie needed. In any case, I think it'd be difficult for your dentist to get a look at your backside even if your shirt rode up/pants rode down.

1. All in the medical industry see all different types. A diaper is nothing unusual to them. After some operations, some paitents are placed in a diaper that they wet and soil, are changed and cleaned up long before they every wake up.
  2. It is a breach of ethics, professional misconduct and a struck-off offence if a medial persons discusses anything about your care with an other person unless it is in your best interest. A dentist is part of this group, and if s/he sees you wearing diapers, not only will he not say anything, he can't. It is not up to him to address and/or care for your continence. However, if after the dental treatment, in recovery, s/he and/or his/her nurse sees that the diaper is soiled, they may get it addressed OR inform you / your career* to do same. The career I am referring to is the person that you have organised to take you home after the dental treatment. (Most dentists will require their paitent to have a support person / career to ensure that you get home safely after some treatments - it is to mitigate their obligation to your health and safety) If that is the case with you, be prepared for your career to have to change you.

If you want to / need to wear diapers at a dental visit, bring a change. Lidocaine / xylocaine / lignocaine / procaine / novocaine (the dental anaesthetic) last about 30-90 minutes depending on the dose / person. The speed of disipation is based on the bodies ability to remove same from the system.

For some, (and us members here are high risk due to our behaviour / belief re diapers  etc), it can also effect continence either directly - these drugs increase the heart rate and spread the drug to triggered nerve / muscle cells. This can numb the external sphincter which can relax. They also increase the process within the kidneys as same try to remove the drug from the system. This increases the acidicy and urine content within the bladder which can, in some, trigger voiding.

The factors that are in question are the functionality of dilution of a drug and how efficient that one can perform that task. In an operation, it is the job of the anesthetist to 'keep you under' during the operation. S/he controls the amount of the anaesthetic entering your body and monitors you closely during the procedure. Each person behaves differently to anaesthesia, so the anaesthetic has to be altered accordingly.

I'm certain they've seen diapers before with others and I'm certain they'd rather you contain your urine rather than have it leak onto their chair. Which I'm sure they've experienced before too.

In the very unlikely chance something was said about wearing I'd just tell them that sometimes jolts of pain make me leak a bit and I'm only trying to keep that from being a problem for both of us ;)

Bettypooh

A few years ago I had a bad tooth that my dentist suggested be pulled.  I wanted to see if it could be saved and he referred me to another dentist about 35 miles away for another opinion.  The tooth was decayed at the roots and couldn't be fixed.  I wore a diaper to the dentist figuring one, they wouldn't know and two, it would probably be my one and only time seeing that dentist.  Yes, I was wet when I got there and was careful peeing when in the dentist chair because they lean you way back and my diaper was not a premium one by any means.  I can't remember if I wore any plastic pants over it or not but I don't think I did.  No leaks and there was one thing I thought was kind of funny.  they knew I was coming from 35 miles away and when I got there the receptionist asked if I needed to use the restroom before seeing the dentist!  I just replied, "No, I'm good".  As far as I am aware, my diaper was never detected.  Had I worn a thick premium diaper, I'm sure the chances of it being noticed would have been much greater.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, WetDad said:

I wear a diaper on each trip to the dentists office. Far more comfortable than the alternative. 

Same here. Mind I wear nappies everywhere I go.

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2019 at 10:41 AM, rusty pins said:

As far as I am aware, my diaper was never detected.  Had I worn a thick premium diaper, I'm sure the chances of it being noticed would have been much greater.

Yes, how would they know in most cases? I dont actually mind dental work that much. Ive had wisdom teeth removed and had a couple root canals and crowns done. Not my favorite thing but you get through it. I read a while back about a tatoo artist who had a customer wet himself because of the pain. That would be embarassing. I remember once having a medical scan where the young technician put some kind of drug into me by IV and then said I would feel like I was hot and would then fell like I had to pee really bad. "But dont go" he told me. I wished I wore at least a pullup for that. By the time I rushed to the bathroom my underpants were wet. I was told not to worry because that was normal.