LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Injured While Diapered

To start this off I was wearing my overnight diaper and plastic pants. So just  recently I was reminded of some bad weather we had when I was still living in Illinois. We had freezing rain overnight and I had forgotten to take out the garbage the night before. For some reason I woke up knowing I needed to hurry and get it to the curb. I put on my usual diaper wearing clothes, those swishy nylon pants that make a lot of noise and an over sized shirt. I went out through the garage under the roof overhang and grabbed the garbage can that was on wheels. Then I totally forgot about the freezing conditions and started to pull the garbage can onto the driveway but NOT underneath the roof overhang. As soon as my foot hit the driveway I fell backwards onto it and unbelievably my head hit first. I thought for sure when I put my hand behind my head it would be full of blood but for some unknown reason all I had was a huge lump on my head. I kind of shook it off and carefully got up. Gingerly I rolled the can out to the curb and went back inside the house. To say I was relieved I didn't have to lay on the driveway waiting for an ambulance to take me to the hospital in a diaper would be a huge understatement .Any other abdl's have anything like this happen to them? 

I probably should have noted that it was mainly for those of us who aren't incontinent. For all of you who wear 24/7 I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal. Even for us who aren't 24/7 it might not be a big deal until like you said the nurse leaves a couple of diapers laying next to your bed. Then the family shows up!  That would definitely be cringe worthy.

You should get checked out for a concussion. I fell on ice this winter and didn’t realize I had a concussion until three day’s later when the symptoms showed up.

• Like 1

I do think of this allot, (I’m not inconvenient) 

It makes me think on the old saying from moms, “always wear clean underwear, in case you fall and they have to take you to the hospital”.  I guess that applies to wearing AB diapers, (when you don’t really need to wear diapers at all) too! 

I’ve always thought if I got hurt while diapered the medical folks would just think I need them and if I’m in the hospital they would just keep me diapered.

I know I know an AB fantasy to have a pretty nurse changing you 

Something along the same lines happened to me this winter while home alone.  I was inside and tripped over something in my home workshop. In the process of trying to keep my balance and regain my footing, the bottom of my unprotected foot raked across a piece of metal, laying my sole open.  At that point I completed my fall and just caught myself as best I could favoring that foot.  Now here I am sitting in a pool of blood (about a foot across - no pun intended), taking inventory of my injuries.  Other than the foot, nothing more than some minor bruising. Clearly a little shock coming over me.

Here's the complications.  I am wearing a bathrobe, T-shirt, and a wet diaper.  That is it. My cell phone is in one room, my clothes in another.  At this point I cannot get up, get dressed, or even call for help.

Keeping pressure on the gaping wound in my foot, I took the time to collect myself.  As I calmed, the bleeding slowed significantly.  My head cleared enough for rational, non-panicked thought.  My bedroom was nearby and I managed to get up and hopped over to rip off my diaper and toss it in the pail.  The short hop had my foot bleeding freely again and I hopped across the house to my phone and called for help.  

A dozen-plus stitches, two infections, and several weeks later and all was good.

I admit that I considered not taking off my diaper before seeking help.  It was a Northshore.  Not an AB "designer" diaper.  I am over 60 years old with a history of UTIs and prostate issues.  Still, the diaper was already wet and would not take more.  And my urinary leakage issues are occasional rather than constant and certainly do not require a full diaper.  My need for discretion outweighed my desire for diapers so I took them off. 

Looking back, I could have pulled it off easily had I started this adventure with a full diaper.  May have been the better course, in fact.  Knowing that I was in shock, diverting to my room to take off my diaper added the unnecessary risk of possibly passing out and causing further injury.  That could have been harder to take than the embarrassment of being seen by medical professionals in a hospital environment.

That is basically my main concern. I wear diapers 24/7 by choice for the last 20 years or so, Getting injured might prove to be quite a thing. Although I never had any major injuries while at work there is always a chance something happens. I guess if I do get injured I simply go with the flow and see where it takes me. I truly belief if you get injured and especially if it is serious enough your thoughts will lean towards getting the much needed help to deal with the situation. The fact you wear a diaper will fade into the background. Medics have seen it all.

Even if you were diapered at the hospital and they laid diapers beside the bed, none would think much about it as it might be related to the accident, and family, in most cases, would only care about you getting better.

Doubt I would care if I got caught wearing when in an accident 

The first time I had to be taken to an emergency room while wearing a diaper was in June 1977. I was almost 13 and had reverted to bedwetting in July 1976. It was after I had put on a pinned gauze diaper for bed. About midnight I woke up needing to poop, so I got up, took off my diaper, used the toilet and put on a fresh diaper.

Walking back to my room I tripped and cut my forehead enough that my Dad decided I needed to go to the hospital. Mom stayed home to look after my siblings. I was not embarrassed and even carried the family diaper bag, which the triage nurse noticed. I was wearing my long nightshirt. She simply asked if I needed a change. I told her I had changed a minute before my fall. The doctor did need to use a few stitches to close the cut, but I did not need to undress, so the doctor and treating nurse might not have known I was diapered.

Twice in the next few months had had plastic surgery to remove the scar. My pediatrician suggested that I wear a diaper for those procedures because I would be sedated. Each time a nurse saw my diaper as I put on a hospital gown. Once while I was in the recovery room my Mom changed my diaper.

As an adult I have been hospitalized a few times after I lost all my bladder control at age 21 in 1985. Sometimes I changed myself, sometimes they used a catheter so they could measure my urine output and sometimes a nurse changed me. When using a catheter I was heavily sedated. I much preferred wearing a diaper.

@Author_Alex I did call my family physician and they asked me a few questions. Told me I should have it checked out so when the wife got home we went to the ER. Everything was normal except for that damn lump I still have on the top of my head. That was quite the day. Three of us from a little town of 1600 slipped and fell on the ice. One almost died. I'd like to thank you all for sharing your stories. Always wondered if it happened to anyone else. 

18 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

I do think of this allot, (I’m not inconvenient) 

It makes me think on the old saying from moms, “always wear clean underwear, in case you fall and they have to take you to the hospital”.  I guess that applies to wearing AB diapers, (when you don’t really need to wear diapers at all) too! 

Bill Cosby once said, "If your in an accident, no matter what, you won't have clean underwear.  First you say it, then you do it! (Shit)

18 hours ago, Rachael-Little said:

I’ve always thought if I got hurt while diapered the medical folks would just think I need them and if I’m in the hospital they would just keep me diapered.

I know I know an AB fantasy to have a pretty nurse changing you 

That would work unless perhaps your a big hunky guy and they discover you are wearing pink princess diapers or other baby print Tykable disposable diapers!  Might be hard to explain!

18 hours ago, diaperedboilerman said:

And that is probably what might happen......though with my luck it would be some dude nurse! LOL

My luck too!  Last time I was in the hospital the gay orderly came in to "help me shower and clean up".  Fortunately before he got back with the towels and soap my doctor came in and released me to go home.  The look of disappointment on the orderly's face when he found out he couldn't help me shower was priceless!

I have fallen on the ice too

One time I fell and hit my knee and that time I went to the doctor as it hurt really bad when bending it, but he said it wasn't anything he could do and that it would go away on it self, anything from a week to 3 months..  Thankfully it got better after a week and completely healed after 2 weeks  (Yes I was diapered at the appointment) 

Fallen on my ass and hands a few times, hands take the worst and ass takes the rest, rather hand and ass than head, therefor I never walk with phone in hand when its icy 

I've been hospitalized twice in the last 24 months, and both times brought diapers.  I explained I was a sleep wetter.  No nurse or doctor said a word, and I had a nurse who insisted on helping me diaper up the 1st night of my 2nd stay. 

That being said, if you were to be picked up after an injury, I doubt any medical professional would say a word.

In my experience if I get injured and go to the hospital I am going to stay long enough to let them do what absolutely 100% positively has to be done in the hospital then I am going to leave whether the doctors and nurses think I'm well enough to or not last year I fell off a ladder while helping the neighbors fix their roof I hit my head hard so hard that it left me unconscious I woke up just as the ambulance arrived I wouldn't of even called an ambulance had I been conscious any ways I got to the ER the doctor said I had a mild concussion and wanted me to stay in the hospital for a few days I looked him dead in the eyes and said "Dr is there any immediately life threatening injury" he said "no but I'd strongly suggest you stay for a few days just to make sure" to which I replied "thank you for your advice doctor I'm sure its in my best interest to stay if something were to happen but I am willing to take my chances and leave because I  feel completely fine now and would rather not tie up a bed and waste the medical staffs time I'll take it easy for a few days and keep you updated on any new problems thank you very much and have a nice day" I signed a few papers and left I am fine I gambled and won

which brings me to the point of if I'm hurt  and can't dispose of my diaper before I get to the hospial and have to stay long enough for them to find out I am wearing a diaper I am very seriously injured to the point I can't take care of myself nor can my girlfriend which means i have probably been in a very bad wreck fell from a very high distance or other serious traumatic injury and will have allot bigger things to worry about than medical staff who are generally very professional seeing my diaper besides they've already seen it all before this is vegas people are dumb crazy stuff happens 

I am NOT suggesting that you go against a medical professionals advice they do in fact know more than me or you and you should listen to them

in case you wondering I wasn't wearing diaper when I fell 

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:06 PM, Author_Alex said:

You should get checked out for a concussion. I fell on ice this winter and didn’t realize I had a concussion until three day’s later when the symptoms showed up.

I was just thinking exactly the same, best get checked out, if only to confirm there is nothing wrong,,,

I'm sure emergency staff have seen it all, and I'd imagine a lot of them wear themselves, 

Dealing with diapers is a daily routine for most Doctors and nurses in a hospital and there nothing to be embarrassed about if you endup in emergency while diapered I think a hospital is probably the safest location you can be in for people to notice your in a diaper as they won’t give it a second thought :) last time we were in emergency with dad there was at least 3 patients that were in a diaper as you could plainly see them as you passed their beds as most had no sheets pulled up for some reason. 

I mentioned this earlier. I was living in a town of approx. 1600 people. Everyone knows your business but maybe not you secrets. Some of my relatives serve on the ambulance crew. More than likely they aren't going to see my diaper under my clothes or need to take my pants down. However, the thought of it is certainly not a pleasant one. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't want this kind of exposure but it wouldn't be life-ending or anything to me if it happened. I wear diapers and it's not going to stop, so the world will just have to get over it <_<

I once got a concussion in a car wreck. At the time I thought I was fine with everything normal.Three days later when it cleared up I could see where I had been far from normal. Now that I understand how it works if it happens again I think I'll know it. My main symptom was feeling angry all the time, which I'd attributed to having some nutcase destroy the truck I liked so much. Another thing I noticed is that the people closest to me who knew I was touchy when angry were distancing themselves from me and being careful to not upset me. But there was something I couldn't (and still can't) pinpoint, like a tiny voice in the back of my head, telling me something wasn't quite right with me. Back then I had anger management problems along with self-denial issues regards my self-identity so today I might not experience that constant angry feeling, but I'm certain that some strong emotion in me will jump to being extreme- I've seen that in others who had concussions. 

It doesn't always take a lot to get a concussion and it's a serious matter as is any damage to your brain. Maybe my experience will help someone here realize that they have a concussion by recognizing the changes. If the people closest to you are noticing something different about your behavior take that as a sign that you need some medical help pronto and act on that.

Bettypooh

• 2 months later...

I broke my hip a month ago and when I made it back home from hospital I had to ask my roommate to go in my room to grab my diapers because i couldn't walk. Prior to this i kept my use of diapers private although I believe they knew now it known for sure and a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. My roommates reassured me it was ok and not be ashamed. I dont worry about being diapered anymore !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

I seriously could see this happening to me. To be daring I leave my clothes and shoes for the day in my bedroom upstairs while I do chores around the house. I do all my grocery shopping diapered as well. 

As a paramedic, I've come across people visibly wearing diapers or in more exposed conditions.    If things are rushed, we just throw a sheet or blanket over them.

I don't much care if the paramedics see me in a diaper or if I show up at the ER with one on.     If you're really badly injured everything is going to come off (most likely cut) in short order anyhow and it will all get trashed before anybody really takes note of what you were wearing.

I hurt my shoulder and neck at work, and instead of sending me to the doctor I saw the company physical therapist. I went through pt for almost a year before asking for a doctors opinion. So before I go to the dr's appointment, I was asked to stop by the pt's office at work. I thought it was about paper work, or I would have changed. When I got there it was the main therapist who owns the company, she might of had paper work but I don't remember...she was checking out my stiff neck, when she says lets take off your shirt. With that she pulled off my t shirt, exposing the top of a Wellness 24/7, covered with polyurathan plastic pants. I thought omg! And turned very red. She never said a word about my diaper. I worried all night long about having to explain to h.r. the next day and losing my job. Nothing has ever been said, and its been over a year. I have even recently  started seeing a therapist at work again, and have talked with the lady who saw my diaper. I posted about this when it happened, someone said not to worry because of confidential laws. oh well it was the first time I've been truly outed. 1Z

I am just leaving Zwanger&Persiri Imaging after having X-Rays done for my back while wearing Depends Pull Ups. The Tech definitely noticed, I would swear her voice changed a tiny bit when I bended forward.