LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing cloth over disposable

I have worn a cloth diaper over a disposable. Mostly cause, I wanted to wear the cloth, but did want to have to wash it. 

I have also worn, cloth plastic lined training pants over a disposable diaper at night, to be sure I didn’t leak the bed. Had enough of wet beds, as a kid! 

My predominate night nappy configuration is a disposable (Molicare) beneath a pair of Babykins dual-layer-terry lined vinyl pants.

This has proved fairly bullet proof.  For me, minor leaks from disposables in bed are not uncommon.  The Babykins terry layer gets them and most often, they don't really need washing straight away and will wear them again the next night.  By the weekend, they usually have a faint wee smell and I wash them.

I also like the cloth-like look, bulk and feel.

On the odd occasion, I've had a major leak and if so, no problem, my bed is dry and my partner happy.

It's been a good combo for me.  Now that I'm 24x7 again, I've just ordered some more.

• Like 1

During the day I put a cloth diaper over my disposable, they help to contain leaks if they occur but above all I prefer he looks and feel of cloth diapers and plastic pants over the looks and feel of disposable diapers. As soon as I get home I’ll chance into cloth without the disposable. If I had half a chance I wouldn’t wear anything else but cloth but changing a cloth diaper while out an about is inconvenient so that is why during the day I’ll wear thin cloth diaper over my disposable diaper.

I have a few times.  I tend to get the lower store type brands of diapers at the thrift shops and Goodwill when they have them, so it both add some extra bulk and also absorb any leaks from an over wet low end diaper, I've worn cloth diapers over it.  Not often, but it does add some bulk and allows me to just keep over saturating the low end disposable diaper to the point it's leaking all over.  The cloth absorbs those leaks and a good pair of plastic pants tops it all off.

One other thing to keep in mind.  If you like to wet and mess in your diapers, it's great for when using low end disposable diapers.  You can have the advantage of high absorbency from thick cloth diapers but the thinner store  brand disposables act as a layer inside to help keep cloth diaper clean up and washing easier.  The mess ends up in the disposable diaper to be thrown away and while the cloth diaper may be wet from overflow, it's easier to wash because you don't have your feces ground into the fibers of the cloth diaper from sitting in it!

On 4/11/2019 at 8:58 PM, oznl said:

My predominate night nappy configuration is a disposable (Molicare) beneath a pair of Babykins dual-layer-terry lined vinyl pants.

This has proved fairly bullet proof.  For me, minor leaks from disposables in bed are not uncommon.  The Babykins terry layer gets them and most often, they don't really need washing straight away and will wear them again the next night.  By the weekend, they usually have a faint wee smell and I wash them.

I also like the cloth-like look, bulk and feel.

On the odd occasion, I've had a major leak and if so, no problem, my bed is dry and my partner happy.

It's been a good combo for me.  Now that I'm 24x7 again, I've just ordered some more.

I second this...sort of...I use the double layer terry pull-ups with just a pair of 6 mil plastic pants over them. Dry bed, wet terry pull-ups if there is a leak.

I have a few AIOs in my stash along with all of my disposables. Sometimes I’ll use a AIO shell as a diaper cover, though I think I might add some legit diaper covers to my stash. I can’t say for me at least, that it provides any benefit one way or another apart from a little extra support.