LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Package delivery

So where I live package theft is a concern and I'd rather avoid having expensive diapers stolen (or worse someone trying to out me), so how would I have packages held at the post office or distribution center?

2 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

So where I live package theft is a concern and I'd rather avoid having expensive diapers stolen (or worse someone trying to out me), so how would I have packages held at the post office or distribution center?

No idea how you hold parcels at the post office, could just phone them or something.

Alternatively there are delivery lockers you could send your parcels to

https://www.vlocker.com/?q=parcelclickandcollect

I used to use one called Mail Boxes etc here in the UK: since the other one the name of which I forget stopped the service for none-businesses, MBE was crap but the one that used to be around was good. 

This comes up regularly.   If you are in the US,  the best advice I can give is if you have a Private Mail Box store nearby (UPS Store, Postal Annex, etc...) that you can have the packages shipped there (by any carrier).     If you have a monthly box,  package receipt is included.   Otherwise, it's a small fee ($4 at the UPS store near me) to accept one.    NorthShoreCare will allow you to hold-at-fedex location when you order.    Other orders, once shipped and you have the tracking number via UPS or FEDEX you can login to their website and intercept to be held at a location.

If the parcel tracking shows phone number to the courier, you can try calling him/her/? directly and agree with them on a specific place where you want the parcel to be placed, like back yard, shed, garden house, wherever it's out of sight of package thieves.

I was a parcel courier and we were forbidden to just leave parcels lying at the address unless we had explicit consent from the receiver to do so, and if the courier did it anyway, and the customer claimed the parcel was lost (even if it wasn't really), courier had to pay for it. 

Some customers were a real pain in the ass. Living in some remote middle of nowhere, long way off from the normal route, no one home, never bothering to pick up the phone (if they left their phone number at all), no instructions left to family members or neighbors to take delivery, and no one is going to pay the courier for an undelivered parcel... And the fuel burnt for nothing wasn't gonna pay for itself either. 

But I digress. 

Just have it routed to the UPS (DHL/FedEx /..) hub where you can pick it up, or ask the courier to place it somewhere out of sight. 

13 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

The place you order from might allow for delivery instructions. I dont like getting packages delivered at my door either because of theft although I dont usually get diapers delivered because I can buy them locally. When I get other stuff delivered though I usually ask that I be at home to accept the delivery and if Im not they put a delivery notice on my door and I have to go pick it up either at the delivery company depot or the post office. Once though when I did this they never found the package when I took in the delivery notice. It never showed up back at the depot they said and they couldnt track it. So there can be a risk although I think most big companies are pretty reliable.

Anytime Fed-Ex shipping is an option, go for it.  They have more pick up locations than anyplace, and I'm talking regular stores.  I have mine shipped to one of 4 local Wallgreens drug stores in my area and when they come in, all you have to do is stop by and pick them up.  You just need photo ID so they know the package is being picked up by the right person who ordered it.  I pick mine up on the Wallgreens that I pas everyday to and from work.  Easy!  Only thing is not every place uses Fed-Ex to ship items.  https://www.fedex.com/en-us/service-guide/pickup-dropoff.html   Who doesn't have at least one Wallgreens near them?

Fed-Ex and UPS have pickup locations.  Depending on where you live, there may be more options for you.

The USPS postal office can hold your mail, but I believe it's designed for people going on vacation; not large packages.  They may require you to purchase a postal box or something similar if you're expecting a package.

Amazon has recently started offering Amazon Locker.  Though I haven't used it, it seems similar to Fed-Ex and UPS,  allowing parcels to be delivered at a pickup hub of sorts.

Hope this helps a little!

On 4/9/2019 at 4:28 PM, rusty pins said:

Anytime Fed-Ex shipping is an option, go for it.  They have more pick up locations than anyplace, and I'm talking regular stores.  I have mine shipped to one of 4 local Wallgreens drug stores in my area and when they come in, all you have to do is stop by and pick them up.  You just need photo ID so they know the package is being picked up by the right person who ordered it.  I pick mine up on the Wallgreens that I pas everyday to and from work.  Easy!  Only thing is not every place uses Fed-Ex to ship items.  https://www.fedex.com/en-us/service-guide/pickup-dropoff.html   Who doesn't have at least one Wallgreens near them?

Must agree with Rusty Pins here.  After having one of my packages of diapers destroyed while being shipped by UPS and my step daughter signing for them I started to have some of my diapers (particularly the pink ones) delivered to the local Walgreens at a Fedex drop point.  Everytime I get a large box of diapers at the house all the kids want to know what is in it.  This prevents inquiring minds.

Thanks everyone.

7 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Interesting, I didn't know Fed Ex partnered with Wallgreens.  

9 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

The place you order from might allow for delivery instructions. I dont like getting packages delivered at my door either because of theft although I dont usually get diapers delivered because I can buy them locally. When I get other stuff delivered though I usually ask that I be at home to accept the delivery and if Im not they put a delivery notice on my door and I have to go pick it up either at the delivery company depot or the post office. Once though when I did this they never found the package when I took in the delivery notice. It never showed up back at the depot they said and they couldnt track it. So there can be a risk although I think most big companies are pretty reliable.

That would be the least awkward I think.

2 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Thanks everyone.

Interesting, I didn't know Fed Ex partnered with Wallgreens.  

That would be the least awkward I think.

It is true we did partner with Fed-ex.  I should know since I have to scan in and out packsges that come in at work.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:12 AM, Firefly 35 said:

I haven't read though completely, so sorry if already said....

I believe both Fedex and ups have the option to hold for pick up at their facility.

1 hour ago, ah3908 said:

I haven't read though completely, so sorry if already said....

I believe both Fedex and ups have the option to hold for pick up at their facility.

I mentioned it in the first reply to this thread.

Some USPS locations will hold a large package for you as long as you don't habitually do it- then they will ask you to rent a PO Box and cease holding them if you say no. In larger cities with a main office and substations you  usually have to go to the main office to pick up. Ask ahead of time to be sure. And many retail chains like WalMart that have an expanded online store will deliver to the local store for you.

Package theft has become huge and even the 'sting' operations where Police put a tracker in a box and wait for someone to steal it aren't making much of a dent in this crime so even those who don't need concealment would be wise to get a PO Box or arrange for a in-person delivery service. Were it not for possibly getting involved with other criminal activities unknowingly, operating a for-fee package holding service in larger cities might make for a pretty good in-home business, but that may have other legalities involved beyond business licensing and taxes.

Bettypooh