LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

I spent most of my childhood wearing diapers 24/7. I was finally taken out of diapers when I was 10 (against my desire I might add) but I began wearing in secret and life was great until I outgrew Pampers at age 12, so I began taping several diapers together to make one that fit which didn’t work so well until Pampers stopped making rectangular diapers that were pleated and began making the hourglass shaped diapers (once they began making those I found that I could tape 2 together end to end and another one perpendicular where the other ones joined and wrap the 2 around my waist and bring the 3rd up between my legs and use it’s own tapes to fasten it on. The best part of this design is that if I was standing when I peed then only the 3rd diaper would get wet and I could just remove it and tape a new one in its place and save the 2 wraparound diapers). I wore my modified Pampers design until a female friend of mine introduced me to adult diapers when I was 22 (I had no idea they made adult diapers until then). 

Once I turned 30 I began wearing diapers 24/7 again but for the first 7 years I was wearing Depends, occasionally Attends with a booster. So I really had to be careful how much I peed because all the Depends could hold was one wetting and if I peed to quickly they would leak. Then I followed my female friend’s advice and began buying my diapers from medical supply stores that I started getting diapers that could hold more than one wetting but it wasn’t until I began buying diapers online and discovered that there were some truly amazing diapers that I could get that put all of my earlier diapers to shame. Then they started making AB/DL diapers and I haven’t looked back ever since. I now wear AB/DL diapers exclusively and I have never been happier. I can confidently wear an adult baby diaper and pee in it all day and rarely have to worry about leaks (although when I get carried away and wet myself multiple times I will have leaks but that’s the fun of wearing diapers 24/7).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update on the "unexpected pitfall" side of the equation - ever had a snow storm in your pants? I woke up this morning and went down for breakfast still wearing my night diaper, which was a somewhat-damp, inexpensive plastic-backed Depends. I don't really like them but I have a stock I am trying to burn through, and they are on the slim side so they serve for wearing out of the house, so long as I am wearing jeans. I find these to be a very loud diaper under PJ's or athletic pants or shorts, but, they go silent under denim. But I digress. 

My dog was desperate for a walk, and I didn't plan to change my diaper until I'd had a shower, so I clipped on his leash, and went for a brisk stroll up the street and over to a natural area with a pond. I started feeling the strange sensation that there were droplets of water on the back of my legs, but when I felt my pants, they were dry, and the sensation came and went. I didn't put two and two together until I was bending over to pick up after my pooch, and I spied a chunk of fluff with the telltale swollen beads of polymer enmeshed in it - diaper fluff. My diaper had blown a seam and was discharging damp fluff at an alarming rate - as I retraced my steps back to the house, I saw a bunch of it on the ground, and I even picked some up with a dog bag. When I got into the house, I was trailing fluff behind me across the kitchen floor, and I realized I was no more capable of cleaning up after myself then someone who badly cut themselves would be capable of cleaning up the blood while still bleeding. I had to get this diaper off, asap, but I knew that it would likely explode on removal, so I needed to do it in our shower stall, and my wife was in the en-suite washroom off our bedroom. 

I was left standing stalk-still in front of the bathroom door, in a disintegrating diaper, holding my new diaper, until my wife unlocked the door, whence I rushed past her and into the shower stall to remove the failed garment. Sure enough, it shed most of its filling on removal, which I swept up with a magazine and tossed into the garbage, having no idea what it would do to the drain if I tried to wash it away. Showered, and in a new diaper (NOT a Depends), I then retraced my steps through the house with a bottle of cleaner and some paper towels, moping up my breadcrumb trail of diaper fluff. 

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

I then retraced my steps through the house with a bottle of cleaner and some paper towels, moping up my breadcrumb trail of diaper fluff. 

I think I'll stick to washables...

• Like 1
I have only had one burst testing diaper ,i don't even remember what it was ,but needless to say I was gratefull my place was 100% "Brooklyn marble".
It was after that that I decided screw it ,regardless if I have my normal Angelfluff U3 on ,or am testing some new disposable I still wear my full plastic pants. I have had blowouts happen and be nicely contained that way.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am yet to have this pleasure although I *have* had multiple disposable diaper failures due to tears in their plastic covers - probably through me over-tensioning the tapes.  Cloth backed disposables haven't failed in this way however with these, Tena in particular, I notice a certain dampness on the outside of them after a while and so they need to be under plastic pants for me.

14 hours ago, Stroller said:

I've had one or two nappy fails with washables also but usually it's to do with peeing at an awkward angle (such as getting out of a car or bending) and it gets out of your nappy before it can be absorbed.  In fact last night, I got up from my comfy chair to put lights out for bed.  I'd started to wee as I moved to stand up (very little thought happens before peeing these days) and by the time I got to the kitchen, I felt some warm droplets on my right ankle!  Fortunately everybody else was asleep.  My Babykins cloth diapers weren't actually that wet but it seemed I was wetting in an odd position at some point getting out of that chair and some wee had just run out of my nappy to pool in the legging of my plastic pantie before leaking down one leg!  I readjusted myself, mopped up the damage and wore (and used) the same nappy successfully overnight to bed.

11 hours ago, oznl said:

I've had one or two nappy fails with washables

I trialled 4 or 5 types of cloth nappies before I found ones that worked properly for me.

I am yet to have this pleasure although I *have* had multiple disposable diaper failures due to tears in their plastic covers - probably through me over-tensioning the tapes.  Cloth backed disposables haven't failed in this way however with these, Tena in particular, I notice a certain dampness on the outside of them after a while and so they need to be under plastic pants for me.
I've had one or two nappy fails with washables also but usually it's to do with peeing at an awkward angle (such as getting out of a car or bending) and it gets out of your nappy before it can be absorbed.  In fact last night, I got up from my comfy chair to put lights out for bed.  I'd started to wee as I moved to stand up (very little thought happens before peeing these days) and by the time I got to the kitchen, I felt some warm droplets on my right ankle!  Fortunately everybody else was asleep.  My Babykins cloth diapers weren't actually that wet but it seemed I was wetting in an odd position at some point getting out of that chair and some wee had just run out of my nappy to pool in the legging of my plastic pantie before leaking down one leg!  I readjusted myself, mopped up the damage and wore (and used) the same nappy successfully overnight to bed.
I have never met a cloth backed that didn't have that dampness ,it's a known "failure" of that style ,and judging by how many companies stayed plastic or switched back to plastic ,i would say the message made it to the board room number crunchers,who saw sales sagging faster than an incontinent elephants diaper after a barrel of beer.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I experienced a near-disaster today, and actually, I think that advice I got here is probably what saved me. I was trying a diaper for the first time - not a new type, but a new size: I have been wearing size medium Prevail 360's during the day because they conceal well under clothing, they are quiet, the fasteners are relentless, and they hold a fair bit for a relatively slim diaper. I decided to order a package of the large size, just to see how they fit - in a lot of diaper brands, my sizing straddles the line between medium and large. I meet the waist size criteria for "medium" but because of relatively large legs, the bottom tabs won't fasten or the diaper is tight. The Prevail mediums work for me because they have stretch side wings that compensate for my non-conforming anatomy. But I thought I'd give the large a try.

I put the new diaper on last night just before bed; they are indeed very large, almost hitting the "bariatric" category in my opinion. Good Lord, how big are the XL's? The LG rose probably a third of the way up my back above my waist, but, the fasteners allowed me to adjust the fit. I also noted that the LG size were blue in the middle, and white at the sides, whereas the Med size were a uniform white - I think this plays into what happened. I pulled them really snug last night in the middle of the night, concerned about leak paths due to looseness - I recall thinking with some amazement that the side wings were close to meeting in the front. 

Well, this morning, my wife and I had an appointment we had to get to, so I hopped out of bed, and evaluated my nappy - pretty dry, no time for a shower right now, so, how does it look under somewhat baggy cargo shorts? The answer: my diaper wasn't obvious, in my opinion, so I threw a shirt on, and we headed out. Fast-forward a couple of hours, the appointment was concluded, I was sitting in the passenger seat of my wife's car, and it occurred to me that I hadn't been managing the dampness of my pants the way I usually did; I was concentrating on the meeting and had built up a bit of a need for a pee, which is an uncommon feeling for me these days, and I did relax and let the barriers come down, so to speak, but then, I had an ominous thought : how well did I really know this diaper? Did I trust it? The voices of some of you where whispering words of caution in my ear. In theory, it should have been at least as good as the medium size, and I trust that size, but, there had been no field testing. I clenched up and waited until we got home. 

Once in the house, I went into the washroom, sat on the tile floor, and let myself get into my usual relaxed state, where things almost start on their own. However, before I was finished, I was sitting in a puddle. How did such a large diaper breach containment after a relatively short life? On closer examination, I determined that the white wing components were glued to the blue core in a vertical seam on each side of the diaper, at about the 4 and 8 o'clock position, if my navel represents high noon. My pulling the tabs over until they almost met in the front, in an effort to snug up the diaper, had opened up about a 3 inch gap in this seam on each side, midway up my butt, and that's where the deluge escaped. The diaper hadn't reached capacity, but the breathable waterproof cover was blown. 

Had I trusted the diaper and let nature take its course in my wife's car, I think I might be asking if anyone has a room for rent right now...

• Like 1

This week, my family went away on an extended vacation, and I have the house to myself for about three weeks, so I happily put all my underwear into a bag in the closet, and am operating strictly out of my diaper drawer. I will have to dig out some boxers for the gym, otherwise I'd put them all in the basement or garage. I've been wearing diapers, say 95% X 24 X 7, since the end of March, roughly - I'm definitely past 90 days now. So, really, having a drawer full of underwear was somewhat decorative, primarily for my wife's benefit - she knows I wear diapers later in the evenings, and to bed, and I have been in a diaper in front of her late into the morning sometimes, but I haven't overtly stated or demonstrated that I am, in fact, wearing diapers most of the time. She's usually the one who sorts the laundry, so I am curious as to if she's noted that I am only going through two or three pairs of boxers a week these days. 

I am looking forward to being able to walk about the house in diapers for the next few weeks - other than in our bedroom, later in the evenings, when the kids are asleep, I typically always have something on over my diaper, but I love the feeling of wearing just a diaper.

I am joining my family in their travels through Europe toward the end of the month for about 10 days, and I am contemplating only bringing diapers with me, in terms of underwear. It depends on if I envision ever getting a chance to go to a gym or not. If I'm not going to be working out, I don't need boxers with me, in theory, although in reality, that will take a leap of faith. I have taken some shorter trips already where I only brought diapers with me, but, on those trips, I could bring everything I needed with me, whereas on this trip, I will have to track nappies down locally as I go - there is no way I can carry enough. AND, whereas I know my local brands pretty well, and have found a nearly-perfect diaper to wear under my clothes during the day - one that is both reliable, comfortable, and that conceals well, over there, I will be flying, if you'll excuse the term, by the seat of my pants. What if the only diapers I can find are bulky, or loud, or if the only slim ones available aren't reliable? There are a lot of practical considerations. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 3:28 AM, Stroller said:

You're likely hit all sorts of problems if you go from occasional wearing to full-time wearing.  There's a lot to learn.  I went at it more gradually, & spent more time learning what works, what doesn't, & what made me feel comfortable.  Once I made the decision I wanted to wear full-time I suppose I spent about 6 months increasing my wearing (& working out how to get my wife more comfortable with it too).  Since last September I've been wearing all day every day for all my wetting.  I'm in cloth nappies nearly all the time now as well.  Overnight I'm still not wearing unless Mummy is away, but I'm working on that too.

What to sort out?  Well here are a few things it took me time to resolve:

• Reducing the risk of leaks from "sometimes" to "hardly ever"
  • Knowing how to dispose of (or wash & dry) used nappies, & feeling comfortable with this
  • Being comfortable wearing no matter who you're with or what you're doing
  • Keeping your nappies discreet no matter who you're with or what you're doing, so nobody will notice
  • Learning how to find somewhere to change
  • Feeling comfortable with changing in all sort of places, including places with no lock on the door (eg the houses of friends & relatives)
  • Learning how long you can wear your chosen nappy before it will need changing

There will be loads more but that's all that were at the top of my head just now. Me?  I'm very comfortable with it now, & intend to stay in nappies for the rest of my life.  I'm walking to the pub today with Binkie (doggie) for lunch & a couple of pints.  I should manage that with a 5-mile walk without needing a change until I get back home.  But that's only because I've already learned how to do it, & learned not to worry about it either.

Good luck with it, and make sure you enjoy it!

You mention getting your wife comfortable. Did she know about your interests, before you were married. Either way, is it possible for everyone to cross that bridge with their spouse? I have read stories with both good and “bad”/unsuccessful outcomes. Bottom line, if you had to choose and your choice is your spouse above all, should I just keep to myself because there is no guarantee everyone could embrace such a complicated and EASILY miss understood interest?  Don’t get me wrong, I would love to hold nothing back when connecting with someone you love but... let’s be honest, no one who is not a DL could even fathom the real (not twisted impulsive explanation) a DL’s rational for why they are who they are.  So... is it worth the risk?

1 hour ago, Neverwillbeout said:

You mention getting your wife comfortable. Did she know about your interests, before you were married.

Yes she did.  When we met 25 years ago I had my own nursery and cot for sleeping in.  I'd made a decision well before that, not to get involved seriously with anyone again without telling them, and making sure they could handle it OK.  I'd advise anyone else to do the same, assuming they weren't already in a serious relationship.  I then kept my baby side in the closet/garage while we had and raised kids - that was my decision.  It was a big wrench to rein back on my AB side, but it was worth it.  And I knew it wouldn't be forever, which was always key to keeping it together.

• Like 1
On 7/28/2019 at 1:35 AM, Neverwillbeout said:

You mention getting your wife comfortable. Did she know about your interests, before you were married. Either way, is it possible for everyone to cross that bridge with their spouse? I have read stories with both good and “bad”/unsuccessful outcomes. Bottom line, if you had to choose and your choice is your spouse above all, should I just keep to myself because there is no guarantee everyone could embrace such a complicated and EASILY miss understood interest?  Don’t get me wrong, I would love to hold nothing back when connecting with someone you love but... let’s be honest, no one who is not a DL could even fathom the real (not twisted impulsive explanation) a DL’s rational for why they are who they are.  So... is it worth the risk?

It is very hard for a partner who does not have a desire for diapers to understand our crinkly needs.  Communication and honesty is essential for a realtionship to thrive and it is an absolute must in my opinion if a partner is ABDL.  The reality is for almost all of us the desire to wear diapers will never ever go away.  One should never be forced to choose between a partner or diapers but unfortunately is happens quite often.  You need to be honest with your partner concerning your diaper desires and most importantly you need to be honest with yourself.  If your relationship is meant to be then love will find a way, diapers and all.

• Like 2

I'm back from my trip to France. I had a great time while I was there, and while I also thoroughly enjoyed the prior three weeks that my family was there and I was at home, it was great to reunite and travel together. Don't get me wrong, I missed them frequently before I joined them, but I also enjoyed that my house stayed more or less clean the entire time, and I enjoyed walking about in whatever I wanted to, whenever I wanted to, which, a lot of the time, meant just a diaper and a t-shirt and/or plastic pants, or a diaper under a onesie. Now that everyone is home, I have to get back on my regular routine, which consists of wearing slimmer-fitting, quiet diapers under my clothes during the day, and switching to something larger, cuter and more crinkly only after the kids have gone to bed.

I haven't actually spoken with my spouse specifically about my wearing 24/7, but I also haven't really been hiding it. My wife works from home, and I often do as well, and if the kids are out of the house, I have been known to walk around for a good part of the day in athletic shorts or PJ bottoms that don't disguise diapers very well. At this point I've been wearing 24/7 for about 4 months, 95% of the time. I haven't found a way to do my 8 km runs in a diaper yet. 

I have to report though that I chickened out on my plan to bring only diapers with me to Europe; I had been steeling myself for heading to the airport without a safety net, but I was nervous about not being able to find decent diapers once I got there. If I could only find bulky, loud, or ill-fitting ones, I imagined burning through an unappreciated amount of time and money travelling about trying to solve my self-created predicament, or, having to wear pull-ups that look like an octogenarian's panties, the entire time I was there. So, in the end, I packed 10 diapers, but also three pairs of boxer shorts. 

However, once I got there, I quickly found an Auchan store around the corner from our apartment; this was a medium-sized food stare, existing in a niche somewhere between a variety store and a full-service supermarket. They had a couple of pull-up options but only had one option for true diapers: "Auchan Diapers Changes Complets". However, these looked a lot like the daytime diapers I wear at home. Being of untested reliability, I was reluctant to probe the limits of their absorbency while, say,  traipsing about Paris, so I did cheat, and occasionally nip into a men's room for a wee, if the circumstances I found myself in (such as being at the top of the Arc de Triomphe) precluded a discrete diaper change. I also went through the various airports with a diaper in my computer bag, that I then put on once I had cleared security, however that precaution was entirely unnecessary - full-body scanners seem to be primarily a North American obsession, apparently. I never encountered one and could have cheerfully worn a diaper throughout my travels. 

The only time I ever really had an issue with my diaper possibly being detected by anyone was when we went to a crowded beach for an afternoon. We had decided to put on our bathing suits before we left the apartment, because we didn't know what the changing facilities would be like; however, the beach was a bit of a drive, and I didn't want to make the trip without a diaper on. Understand that I COULD have made it, I'm sure, but, wearing diapers most of the time has lessened my tolerance for extended periods of "holding it". In the end, I was glad I did, because there was heavy traffic and it took more than two hours to get there and get parked. However, when I packed my bathing shorts, I wasn't thinking at the time about putting them on over a diaper, and while the dry diaper actually seemed to pretty much disappear under the shorts, once it bulked up a bit, I started to get self-conscious. Since I wasn't wearing a swim diaper, I had no plans to go in the water before removing it; once we arrived, I excused myself and went into the change rooms, to discover that, 1) they were extremely crowded and not particularly clean, and, 2) the change room stalls had ill-fitted louvered doors riddled with inch-wide gaps, and inoperative latches. I went into one of the stalls and, after closing the door, made eye contact with a couple of the people waiting to use the room after me, THROUGH the door. I had no choice but to press myself off to the side as much as possible, drop my shorts, and take my diaper off, while suspecting that various moments of the operation pretty much had to have been observed.

I balled up the diaper and threw it into the towel bag I was carrying, but the only option for disposing of it was a garbage can standing in the middle of a room, with throngs of people queued up along both sides of it, waiting for stalls. I walked over to it, and as non-nonchalantly as possible, I fished my heavy, over-sized diaper out of the bag, and deposited it into the can, where it made an audible "thud" as it landed on top of dozens of wadded up swim diapers and baby diapers. 

Later, when we were leaving the beach, I found myself in that same little change room, once again surrounded by prying eyes, attempting to discretely diaper myself while standing, pressed back into a corner, but also trying not to make contact with any surfaces. I recall noting the absurdity of wearing a damp bathing suit over a dry diaper, the diaper now serving to keep moisture out, rather than in. 

On 4/29/2019 at 8:30 AM, rusty pins said:

You are also one brave person to keep drinking cups of coffee with an already soaking diaper and not being able to find your diapers to change!

Yeah, I'd be like I was trying to conserve the last 20% of my cellphone battery during a power outage if I couldn't find a much-needed diaper...  Translation: "No coffee unless they're found!"

I honestly thought BettyPooh's punchline was going to be that the coffee caught up with her and demanded release.

I had an interesting sleep last night. First of all, I pretty much never dream about my diapers. I have tried to have dreams about diapers, have fallen asleep thinking about being in diapers, recalling memories of wearing diapers as a kid, etc, but it never seems to seed anything. Last night, however, I woke up with a need to pee at about 2:00 am, so I rolled over onto my back. Where I am now with respect to wearing diapers to bed, having been doing so for at least two years, I don't really have to make myself go, I just have to be conscious enough to relax and stop stopping myself, if you know what I mean. It's like some of the gateways are already open, so I just have to let it happen. What's nice is that once it starts, I really am not aware of it anymore from that point - I'm not pushing, and I have to concentrate on noting other feedback, like a warming or expanding diaper, or the occasional trickle, to confirm if it's stopped. I usually drift back to sleep pretty much as soon as I start. I think that the entire "operation" could probably occur without my waking up, except that, being primarily a front or side-sleeper, I have to roll onto my back, because it does take some deliberate effort to go when I'm sleeping on my front, and, it's also more likely to result in a leak, so it isn't very relaxing. 

Last night, after I rolled onto my back and nature started taking its course, I fell back asleep, as usual, but, at some point later on, I had not one, but two vivid dreams involving being in diapers. The first was really interesting: I was at a municipal office of some sort, because I had won some money. Not a magnificent sum, but enough to bright up my day, in the dream - I recall the figure being $7000. And I had to go to city hall, maybe to collect it. So I was walking through the lobby past a bank of elevators, and I was wearing just a diaper and a shirt, but I wasn't self-conscious about it. I stopped at a desk and signed something, and then I turned to leave, and I had the thought as I walked away that, wow, this is going to be a great day, but then I also thought, wait, don't get too excited, it's just a bit of money. Right at that moment, I was walking up a flight of stairs toward the exit doors, and an uncle of mine, one of my favourite, came walking through the doors in a suit, and I saw him out of the corner of my eye and thought, oh Jesus, please don't notice me, and I pushed through the doors, turned, and started to run, hoping as I did that he had somehow missed that I had sauntered past him in the entrance to city hall, with just a diaper on below the waist. 

The second dream occurred after that; I was in my car, parked along the front of a local mall, at night, and I was again wearing just a diaper and a t-shirt. I was there because I had to drop something into a mailbox. However, I was babysitting a small dog that belonged to a friend, and I knew that this dog needed to go to the washroom, so I wanted to drop the letter into the mail, and then drive the dog over to a park. When I opened the car door, I tried to keep the dog in the car as I stepped out, but it slipped out, and took off across the parking lot, trailing its leash. So, I had no choice but to get out of the car and go after it, but was aware that I had only a diaper on, and a very soggy diaper at that, so I was acutely aware of it hanging low, as I tried to half-walk, half-run after the dog, and I held onto my diaper with one hand as I went, afraid that it might drop or one of the tapes might let go as I ran across the parking lot. There were a few people mulling about and cars driving by, and I was also really hoping that nobody I knew would see me in that condition. 

Then, I woke up, and realized that I had rolled back over onto my front, and that my diaper was quite wet. I drifted off to sleep again, but not before thinking about the two dreams long enough that I remember them pretty well. I think I may use this as well to start a thread about diaper dreams...

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago, at around the 6.5 month mark for 24/7 use,  I blogged on my thread of a very similar dream-theme that had appeared: me going out and about with my nappies exposed to the world, to my discomfort (I have no interest in exhibitionism and make every effort to keep my nappies private in real life).  This theme has recurred.  Not every night but it's not been an isolated event.

I wonder what it all means?  These "themes" I recall:

1. The "I need to pee/I am peeing" dreams

2. The "I need to manage my diapers within the context of a conventional dream" dream.

3. The "My diapers are on display to the world and there is nothing I can do about it" dream.

I note that the "I need to pee" dreams have ceased and I think I'm now, very occasionally, bedwetting: after around 6.5 months 24/7 diapered this year.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, oznl said:

A couple of weeks ago, at around the 6.5 month mark for 24/7 use,  I blogged on my thread of a very similar dream-theme that had appeared: me going out and about with my nappies exposed to the world, to my discomfort (I have no interest in exhibitionism and make every effort to keep my nappies private in real life).  This theme has recurred.  Not every night but it's not been an isolated event.

I wonder what it all means?  These "themes" I recall:

1. The "I need to pee/I am peeing" dreams

2. The "I need to manage my diapers within the context of a conventional dream" dream.

3. The "My diapers are on display to the world and there is nothing I can do about it" dream.

I note that the "I need to pee" dreams have ceased and I think I'm now, very occasionally, bedwetting: after around 6.5 months 24/7 diapered this year.

That's interesting, Oznl. When I have had "I need to pee/I am peeing" dreams, it's almost always been in the context of me being somewhere where I can pee, like near some bushes, something like that. I haven't dreamed of peeing in a diaper, as far as I know, though in the second dream I described above, the diaper I was wearing was wet. Any dream wherein I feel the need to, and/or start to "go", has been a harbinger for the possibility I might be wetting the bed, although since I've been wearing diapers to bed, that has rarely happened - there has only been one occasion that I recall where I woke up in a wet diaper, with zero memory of having awakened at least partially, and commenced the proceedings. 

4 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

That's interesting, Oznl. When I have had "I need to pee/I am peeing" dreams, it's almost always been in the context of me being somewhere where I can pee, like near some bushes, something like that. I haven't dreamed of peeing in a diaper, as far as I know, though in the second dream I described above, the diaper I was wearing was wet. Any dream wherein I feel the need to, and/or start to "go", has been a harbinger for the possibility I might be wetting the bed, although since I've been wearing diapers to bed, that has rarely happened - there has only been one occasion that I recall where I woke up in a wet diaper, with zero memory of having awakened at least partially, and commenced the proceedings. 

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that the fact I was diapered was actually reflected in those "I need to pee/I am peeing" dreams either.  It was more about the fact that I somehow had "permission" to pee via my location: at a toilet, near some bushes, swimming in lake are scenarios I can recall.

Whilst there are nights I *suspect* I've wet asleep, I've only unambiguously caught myself ONCE a few weeks ago and for that, I can recall zero dreams at all.  I just went to bed dry and woke up wet: end of...

Having said that, looking back it is now clear to me that there are a few nights were I've woken up wetter than I think I should be with no recollection of how/when that happened.

Last night was another vivid "My diapers are on display to the world and there is nothing I can do about it" dream which is not something I particularly enjoy.  In this one, I was again trying to deal with a massively full diaper and its unappetizing contents were just getting everywhere and people all around me were going to know.  I'd taken it off but no matter how much I wiped myself, I couldn't seem to clean myself up and everywhere I went, I was poop-staining things around me and I was NOT happy about this.  That's a bit weird since by routine, I am wet only (there are exceptions to that but it's not default).

I was wet when I went to bed last night and much wetter this morning (cloth again so no chance of leaks).  I don't recall the mechanics behind that but I could have awoken I suppose.

These dreams have repeating themes and I don't know what those themes mean.  I wonder if it is to do with some emerging signs of dependency.

8 hours ago, oznl said:

Having said that, looking back it is now clear to me that there are a few nights were I've woken up wetter than I think I should be with no recollection of how/when that happened.

Me too, this week, but I doubt it's because I'm wetting in my sleep.  I think it's more likely to be that I can't really tell how much I'm wetting.  I've been waking up when I needed to wet, then I start wetting, but I sometimes really can't tell how much I'm wetting, or when it stops.  It's funny, because during the day it's much easier to tell how strong the flow is, and when the wetting finishes.  Maybe it's because I'm upright, maybe just because I'm fully awake.  In any event, the last two nights I've been surprised how wet my nappy has been in the morning.

So, I haven't had any further conversations with my spouse about my wearing diapers, other than incidental mentions along the lines of "I thought I had put a bag of diapers in this closet.." "Oh, right, I moved them over when I was sorting the laundry - check at the back on the floor." However, when I work from home, which is at last a couple of days a week, I have been more conspicuously wearing diapers around her, later in the day, now that the kids are both out of the house for most of the day in various summer camps. I wore a Rearz Barnyard diaper overnight on Saturday, and on Sunday morning, it was barely damp. The kids were both out, so I decided not to trade it for a Breezer 360 (my usual daytime go-to, a quiet, slim diaper), as would have been my standard operating procedure. I pulled on a pair of running shorts that I knew would not do a very good job of masking a bulky, crinkly, high-rising nappy, and I spent the rest of the morning that way, finally swapping it after lunch when it was pretty wet and obviously sagging. At one point, just prior to lunch, I was unloading the dishwasher while we were chatting, and I knew whenever I reached up to put glasses and plates into upper cabinets, the top of my diaper had to be visible, to say nothing of the "crunch crunch crunch" noise as I crisscrossed the kitchen. Meanwhile, we had a natural, pleasant conversation that ranged over a number of topics, which suggests to me that perhaps my diapers are fading into the background, no more remarkable than the colour of my socks. The next step is probably going to involve me changing out of my night diaper, some morning when we have somewhere to be, taking a shower, and then emerging in a new diaper, and getting dressed in front of her, quietly cementing that I am not just "still in my night diaper" when I have a diaper on mid-day. 

On 8/18/2019 at 6:14 PM, Stroller said:

Me too, this week, but I doubt it's because I'm wetting in my sleep.  I think it's more likely to be that I can't really tell how much I'm wetting.  I've been waking up when I needed to wet, then I start wetting, but I sometimes really can't tell how much I'm wetting, or when it stops.  It's funny, because during the day it's much easier to tell how strong the flow is, and when the wetting finishes.  Maybe it's because I'm upright, maybe just because I'm fully awake.  In any event, the last two nights I've been surprised how wet my nappy has been in the morning.

Yes, I thought that for a while.  Then one particular night when I was tired, a bit p1ssed, and I'd just changed, I fell into bed and fell asleep before I had anything to wet my nappy with, and then woke up wet 8 hours later.  That made me realise that some of those other "wetter than expected" nights might be more than I thought they were.  For me, it was a lot like your "noticed-your-nappy-was-wet-and-couldn't-remember-doing-it" moment.   It only became clear in retrospect.

Today I broke one of my nappy "rules", that I don't wear puffy, crinkly ABDL diapers out of the house. It's not a cardinal rule - I do take the dog for walks, particularly at night, wearing larger, louder diapers (under clothes, of course), but I rarely encounter anyone. Last night, I wore a Bambino Magnifico to bed, which is definitely on the bulky side, and it's a plastic diaper, but, I wore a medium. The large in this model is huge on me, but the medium works because they have stretchy "wings", and it makes for a snug, comfy diaper (I often have to go large on diapers that don't stretch, because although my waist size is always in the medium range, I have tree-like legs).

Anyway, I woke up this morning, and the Magnifico wasn't even really damp, but I had to head out to a store on a deadline, to pick up a table I'd ordered online. I really didn't want to discard a mostly-dry, premium diaper, for a slimmer day diaper, and I am not in the habit of storing a diaper that's been wet, even a little, for later use. So I threw on a pair of cargo shorts, examined my silhouette in the mirror... in my eye, not too noticeable. So I took a deep breath, and decided to go for it. My wife was downstairs, but even if she noticed it, she probably wouldn't have commented - I often putter around in the morning, still in my night diaper, although she might have been surprised to see me leaving the house in it, but as to if she would have immediately spoken up... who knows. 

I went and got the table and came back, met up with my wife's best friend on our driveway, and milled about unloading the car with her son, one of my daughters, and my wife, and nobody seemed to notice anything. All of which has me thinking, because I really enjoyed wearing a puffy, plastic diaper with a wide center, while I went about my business. Perhaps my self-imposed rules are bit too strict. Obviously, I'm not going to wear a size large Rearz Barnyard out to dinner with my in-laws, but maybe I can find a decent plastic diaper that I could wear during the day under certain clothes. I liked that I knew the whole time that I was wearing a diaper; with my current daytime diapers, sometimes, you forget they are there, which I guess is a victory for the manufacturer, but it's not always what I'm looking for. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for a plastic diaper that conceals relatively well?

Hi Sherri,

One big consideration is the clothes you wear. I wear a megamax all day and you would never know. I am either wearing a suit or jeans/untucked shirt. I do think the megamax is surprisingly discreet for such an absorbent diaper.

hope this helps

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a plastic diaper that conceals relatively well?

A compression garment worn over the diaper/plastic pants can make one heck of a difference in both the visual silhouette and also "crinkle" noise.  I wear a woman's "shaping" garment as they are cheap (around A$10 from K-Mart), readily available, and you can get them in neutral, un-decorated black (so my wife doesn't fret about me adding cross-dressing to my list of shortcomings).

I wear a BetterDry 247 to work using this arrangement.  You can see some pics on my FL account but it would be VERY hard for the casual observer to tell.   In early days, before I was 100% wearing, my wife would need to feel to check.

• Like 1