LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

16 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Well, it happened - I wet my pants when I didn't have a diaper on.

I'm sure the only reason that's not happened to me is that I've always got a nappy on during the day.  Starting to wet without having thought about it beforehand is happening a lot more often these days.

My recent purchase of a decent quality pair of good-fitting plastic pants has opened up an opportunity for me to burn through the bag of size large Prevail Breezers I bought some time ago, when I was experimenting with what I was going to wear during the day out of the house, or when my kids were around, and I couldn't get away with wearing big, puffy, loud plastic underpants. To reiterate, I'd received a sample of a couple of these diapers in medium quite accidentally, but I really liked how they fit, and how they seemed to disappear under clothing. However, I as I've alluded to before, in terms of sizing, I occupy a netherworld between medium and large in most brands, with a medium-sized waist being quite sufficient, but, medium-sized leg openings typically being insufficient, resulting in an inability to close the bottom tapes on two-tape diapers, or, the tapes landing outside the reinforced "landing area". 

The Prevail construction is comparable to a Pamper's Cruiser, in that they have elasticized wings, and a velcro fastening system that works if it lands anywhere on the cloth-like cover, so, I am able to wear the medium, although they are quite snug. But, I wondered, would a size large provide me with more run time? Alas, the answer was a definitive NO, I think because of fit - the stretchy wings on the large size could almost be made to meet each other over my navel, and the diaper still wouldn't be excessively snug, and, the legs were not being forced to hold their ground come hell or, ahem, high water. Whereas the medium has been quite a reliable daytime diaper for me, the large leaked pretty much every time I tried to wear them. 

Enter the new plastic pants I bought from Rearz; I wanted an "opportunity" to wear them, but I haven't had time in the last few weeks to deal with cloth diapers, when it suddenly occurred to me: is a leak-prone cloth-backed disposable not basically a cloth diaper? It is. So, I put one on, donned the new plastic pants, and with some trepidation, I strutted forth out of the bathroom and walked past my wife, who, as usual, didn't bat an eye (for some reason I thought she might comment on the plastic pants, since they have a subtle baby graphic on them). The combination worked great; when I woke up in the morning, the Prevail had leaked, as I knew it would, and it was noticeably wet on both the inside, and on the outside, but the sheets were dry. And so, I've found a use for the large Prevails. 

In the interests of collation, I will once again transplant a side-bar conversation over here: I was asked by a fellow member if I could recall another time that I was "caught" wearing a diaper, by someone outside my immediate family, besides the incidents I have already related herein. Well, I was ill for a good part of the week with some kind of cold or flu, and that reminded me of an incident where I was sort of "caught"; this played out when I was probably 6 or 7. 

I woke up in the morning with a raging fever, made my way to the kitchen, and croaked that my throat was sore; my mom put her hand on my forehead and declared that I wasn't going to school, so I stayed in my pajamas, and my mom made a nest for me on the couch and put on the TV, where I curled up and dozed for some of the morning. At some point she told me I wasn't drinking enough - I hadn't guzzled a glass of apple juice she'd given me. I said that my throat was too sore. Sometime later, she said she was taking me to the doctor, and she brought over socks, shoes, and a jacket, and I think she asked me how my diaper was, and I must have said it was okay, because nothing was done with it. She put my socks, shoes and jacket on me while I stood limply, radiating heat like a 100-watt bulb, and then she led me out to the car and buckled me in. We drove to the doctors office, and it wasn't until I got into the waiting room that I realized all going-out-in-public protocols had been violated; I was standing in a pediatrician's office, with several other kids, wearing PJ's and a diaper. So, I kept my jacket on, and instead of playing around a kid-height table with puzzles and books on it, I looked at the mystifying pictures in a National Geographic and sat next to my mom. 

In time, we got called into an examination room, and in there, my mom took my jacket off, and hung it up on the door, then sat me on the examination table and probably handed me a book she'd brought in her purse - cell phones and tablets were still a couple of decades away. Eventually, my doctor came in, said hi, asked me to say "ahhh", and had a peak down my throat. Then, he put the stethoscope up under my PJ shirt, and while doing that, he lifted the shirt up to my chest, and when I looked down, the front of my diaper was rolling over the elastic of my pants. 

At some point I recall him asking my mom if "toileting" was still an issue (which was a weird word to me - I'd never heard it before), and she said, no, but he still wears "them" when he sleeps, and he's been asleep for most of the morning. He wrote a prescription and we left pretty quickly after that, and headed home, where I spent the rest of the day on the couch. Before dinner, my mom insisted on putting me in fresh pajamas (and a new diaper), because I had been sweating like crazy in the afternoon, and I think I picked at a bowl of soup in front of the TV, and went to bed shortly thereafter. 

Sitting at my desk this morning in a Rearz Lil' Monster and a golf shirt, answering emails, and my wife walks in to discuss groceries, and on departure, she says "I like the look - business casual." She rarely comments so I thought it was interesting. My older daughter will be home from school for the latter half of the week, so I have to enjoy wearing 'fun' diapers while I can - it'll be back to the small white ones for day use. 

I was installing a ceiling fan last night up on a ladder; it wasn't terribly high up, but I did one a couple of weeks ago over a staircase, where the fall, had I taken it, would have been notable. I was, of course, wearing a diaper; it's the small things make household chores at least somewhat enjoyable. Anyway, a thought occurred to me, and I thought I'd put it out there - IF something mildly catastrophic did occur, and I ended up needing emergency services, would I want to have a diaper on. or would they find my broken body naked from the waist down, my last act having been to take the nappy off, roll it up, and pitch it across the room so that it landed behind the couch, it being better to be discovered partially nude with a tool belt on, than in diapers? 

I think my mind might be changing on this - maybe it has to do with being in diapers for the last 10 months or so. I had been of the opinion that I wouldn't want to become involved with the medical system unexpectedly, and not have a chance to change my underclothes, but, let's face it, I drive (and sometimes fly) around wearing diapers, so, it could happen. The last time I was overnight in a hospital was about 5 years ago, and back then, I wasn't wearing diapers to bed every night, but I have been for about 2.5 years now, so I actually think I'd more worried about NOT being in diapers, than being in them, if I found myself in that position again, particularly if I was on pain medication for a couple of days, as I was that time. 

Hopefully it will be a while until I have to worry about what to wear to the hospital, but, I kind of think I'd probably, were I staying overnight, bring some in with me and wear them, but without actually mentioning it to anyone. And if I end up there unexpectedly because I'm watching CNN and drive off a cliff or something, then my underwear will be, I assume, among my lesser concerns. 

15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

IF something mildly catastrophic did occur, and I ended up needing emergency services, would I want to have a diaper on. or would they find my broken body naked from the waist down, my last act having been to take the nappy off, roll it up, and pitch it across the room so that it landed behind the couch, it being better to be discovered partially nude with a tool belt on, than in diapers?

I'm sure we're not the only ones who've had this crossing our minds - I bet most nappy wearers on here have thought about it from time to time.  I used to think I'd take the latter option, given the opportunity, but these days I'm pretty sure I'd just keep the nappy on and face any issues as they come up.  I wrote my car off in the summer, but wasn't hurt.  If I had been hurt, I'd not have worried much about the fact that I was in a wet cloth nappy.  I'll feel a bit more comfortable about all this once my family doctor knows I'm in nappies & it goes into my medical records though.

I suppose I'd have to go into disposables if I were admitted to hospital.  Probably not the Astronauts or Safaris though...

19 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

IF something mildly catastrophic did occur, and I ended up needing emergency services, would I want to have a diaper on. or would they find my broken body naked from the waist down, my last act having been to take the nappy off, roll it up, and pitch it across the room so that it landed behind the couch, it being better to be discovered partially nude with a tool belt on, than in diapers?

I had a very similar thought a few weeks ago when I'd decided to utilise the oppressive heat and humidity of Queensland in December to paint a poorly-if-at-all insulated cathedral ceiling.

If the heat didn't get you, gravity was going to have a red hot go.

Part of the work was above a stair case with the floor a full 1.5 stories below me clad in bouncy, fluffy ceramic tiles on concrete.

I wondered if I was conscious after deceleration if I would be able to refrain from singing loudly for my ardent desire for an osteopath long enough to consider my choice of underwear.

Still thinking about the answer to this one.

I had an acid test of my diaper resolve last night; I came home from the gym, so I didn't have a diaper on, and I was on approach to the shower when my wife fired up a discussion on a topic on which we differ. It related to how best handle our older daughter, who had an exam this morning, and, true to form, was still up at 11:30 PM reviewing study notes with her friend on her phone. I am of the opinion that she does well in school generally, and has far better study habits than I ever had, so, ordering her to go to bed and possibly stressing her out right before the exam wasn't going to do more good than letting her continue on with what she was doing, OR, my preferred suggestion, perhaps gently suggesting to her that she give herself time to get an adequate amount of sleep, rather than demanding her phone and sending her to bed upset. In the end, I got my way (the gentle suggestion versus the authoritarian crackdown), but, my wife's been battling a cold that's been keeping her up, so she was NOT in the best of moods, and the conversation was, for a little while, quite caustic. 

So, there I was, halfheartedly engaged in a row, then I jumped into and emerged from the shower, only to realize that the row wasn't over, it was escalating, and, it was time to put my diaper on, and then presumably, also my metaphorical boxing gloves. My wife can affix me with a stare that would wither an oak tree at the best of times, and now, I had to walk out of the washroom wrapped in a towel, delivery oratory like Gregory Peck playing Atticus Finch, then, with utmost dignity, open my diaper drawer, select whichever nappy best suited the situation, and retreat into the bathroom to diaper myself. I found that I really didn't want to do it, but I also didn't want to put on boxer shorts, and, standing there naked wasn't having the desired effect on my self confidence, either. 

I decided that this was the universe testing me, and to take it like a man, or more accurately, like a man intent on dressing like a toddler, so I reached into my drawer, selected a very sober, plain white diaper, went into the bathroom, put it on, came back out into the fray, pulled on a t-shirt, and then delivered my next soliloquy. The diaper never entered the conversation, and neither did it change the tone or direction, so much credit goes to her for not using the moment to gain an argumentative advantage. In the end, we came to an agreement, things settled down, we turned the lights out and went to bed. 

13 hours ago, Stroller said:

I'll feel a bit more comfortable about all this once my family doctor knows I'm in nappies & it goes into my medical records though.

It's this I think really.  Right now, we're just playing "pretend".  In some ways, life would be a LOT simpler if the whole thing was pathologised, recognised and expected.  Sometimes lately I do truly wonder what is happening with my control anyway since I haven't used it for so long and even when I did, there was a constellation of late-mid-life issues developing down there anyway.

A little bit of a different question. Did anybody notice various aches when at the start of wearing 24/7? presumably from sitting/walking/laying slightly differently with the extra padding. 

4 hours ago, Ames said:

A little bit of a different question. Did anybody notice various aches when at the start of wearing 24/7? presumably from sitting/walking/laying slightly differently with the extra padding. 

Nothing I could pin on nappies (no pun intended).  I've certainly experienced chafing, heat and cloth nappies in particular will outright restrict mobility but not pain.  Over the year, I have noticed that I've acquired a slight "John Wayne" stance with legs slightly apart and I suspect that my continual use of nappies for such a long time has slightly altered my gait although I don't have any symptoms I can attribute to this.

Over the past month or two I've had a lot of lower back pain in bed and I was wondering about this but now my wife is complaining about this as well so I'm thinking "mattress" rather than "nappies".  I can have a lot of hip pain at night but to be honest, this pre-dated me going 24/7 in nappies.  I suspect this phenomenon is called "middle age".

19 minutes ago, oznl said:

Over the past month or two I've had a lot of lower back pain in bed and I was wondering about this but now my wife is complaining about this as well so I'm thinking "mattress" rather than "nappies".  I can have a lot of hip pain at night but to be honest, this pre-dated me going 24/7 in nappies.  I suspect this phenomenon is called "middle age

Haha I am yet to reach middle age. I have been kind of aware of sitting a little differently and have developed a bit of an ache in my lower back. I don't know if it's nappy related but it's something I have suspected just because it's the only thing that is different recently. Although I have also thought of the possibility of it being somewhat stress related as I spend most of my time worried about potential leaks etc. 

5 hours ago, Ames said:

I don't think so.  Occasionally the edge of the padding of my cloth nappies can feel a bit uncomfortable on a hard chair or car seat, but a bit of adjustment sorts it out.  Chafing, yes, but that gets better, not worse, as your skin gets used to it & you learn where to treat & with what (I recommend BodyGlide).  That's what worked for me, anyway.

8 minutes ago, Ames said:

I spend most of my time worried about potential leaks etc

You'll feel a lot better once you've got over that.  If you get leaks, sort out why & fix it.  If you don't, time to stop worrying!  I haven't had a leak for months.  (Now I've said that, I'm really in trouble aren't I?)

12 minutes ago, Ames said:

Although I have also thought of the possibility of it being somewhat stress related as I spend most of my time worried about potential leaks etc. 

Like @Stroller, I shall taunt the gods here.

If you happen to persist with this left-field pursuit for a few months or more, my experience has been that you will get much better at not leaking.  I suspect this is some combination of developing competency about how to securely fit a nappy along with altered bladder habits which mean we tend to wet little and often.  I've discovered that nappies work a LOT better in the "wet little and often" mode as opposed to episodic tsunamis.

Of course,  one of the rules here is that making claims about being leak free is usually a prelude to wet furniture.

24 minutes ago, Stroller said:

You'll feel a lot better once you've got over that.  If you get leaks, sort out why & fix it.  If you don't, time to stop worrying!  I haven't had a leak for months.

I have experienced the odd leak but i have only been wearing them for about 12 days. I'm still trying different types and figuring out how much they hold and what the best ones are. I haven't had a leak for a good few days though so I might have cracked it for now. I guess time will tell haha 

23 minutes ago, oznl said:

I've discovered that nappies work a LOT better in the "wet little and often" mode as opposed to episodic tsunamis.

As I said above, it's very early days but I quickly discovered that soaking tsunamis are not the way to go. It has taken some practice to control that but it has gotten much better in the last few days. I'm going to persevere and hope it just goes away lol. I have had a little chaffing but nothing much and nothing that has particularly required cream for now. Before nappies I preferred no underpants so I think I have pretty hardy skin lol 

On 1/29/2020 at 4:06 AM, Ames said:

I have had a little chaffing but nothing much and nothing that has particularly required cream for now.

I've changed my ways on this completely - I used to question the need for diaper cream, because I had just transitioned from only wearing at night, to wearing during the day as well. One things I do a lot more of during the day than during the night is walk around, and also, whereas my nether regions were in a tropical climate for maybe 8 hours of 24, now, they are in the tropics for 22 - 24 hours of the day.

The first time I went walking around downtown with a buddy, post 24-7 transition, and we walked what I later mapped out to be 15 kilometers, I paid a price that took several days to completely abate. And this is the key - once nappy rash or chafing sets in, it can take some time to get rid of, and it will test your resolve, because having diaper rash, while being in diapers, can greatly lengthen the recovery period. I was nearly driven to giving up for a few days by a diaper rash early on, but I persevered, and in doing so, I took away a lesson: always, always use diaper cream. If your skin is happy and supple and intact, that isn't the time to start thinking that maybe you don't need diaper cream; that's the time to give thanks TO the diaper cream. Skin integrity is like trust - it takes a long time to build, it is easily destroyed, and, it takes a long time to get back. 

4 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I've changed my ways on this completely - I used to question the need for diaper cream, because I had just transitioned from only wearing at night, to wearing during the day as well. One things I do a lot more of during the day than during the night is walk around, and also, whereas my nether regions were in a tropical climate for maybe 8 hours of 24, now, they are in the tropics for 22 - 24 hours of the day.

I'm just a bit lazy tbh haha I should use cream more often. I haven't been particularly sore yet but its still really early days. I guess that's how you learn lol. Thank you for your wise advice 

• Like 1

Just to add weight to what @Little Sherri is saying here.  If you're in wet nappies most of the time, clearing up rashes and other skin compromises is harder and takes a lot longer than for part-time wearers.  Best strategy I've found for nappy rash is to never have it.  I use something at every change.  Mostly I use sudocrem but if I'm changing into cloth nappies (as I am in this morning), I might use "cur-rash" powder as the grease in sudocrem isn't great for terry towelling but I will use *something*.

• Like 1

I'm lucky, in that my skin doesn't react much.  I don't put anything on my skin normally, apart from a bit of Sudocrem up my crack - which used to get sore even before I wore nappies regularly, so I was already doing that.  Incidentally this doesn't seem to harm my cotton nappies - the outside disintegrates before anything on the inside.  And after my shower I use a bit of BodyGlide on areas that might chafe otherwise, but that's not about rashes.  I always clean myself with a damp flannel at every change.  I've had a rash a couple of times, but nothing serious.  The last time it was definitely thrush, and it cleared up quickly with Canesten.

Another great threadlike Oznl's! 

As I commented on his thread, my wife accepts that I have to wear nappies at night through genuine need.  But at weekends and when I work from home, I change in the morning discreetly and wear all day - I think she's assuming I haven't bothered to change, but I have a feeling that she must know and it's just unspoken about. 

She'll make me take it off if we go out though and often checks my backside while saying "you're not still padded are you?".  She doesn't enjoy playing any games involving nappies, but when she mentions anything to do with them, I get excited.

She's generally pretty good though, when I get in from work, especially after a crappy commute like a couple of days ago she will often say "I'm just serving up, go up and get changed" as she knows that I like to get ready for bed when I get in and unwind.  She's no issue with me emerging smelling of baby powder and crinkling like a crisp packet across the room (with shorts and t-shirt on) and chilling together.

But it can go both ways, like on last Sunday, I went and showered about 4pm and got changed again (for bed - we were feeling incredibly lazy, it was a rubbish weather day and were relaxing), I came down the stairs, she rolled her eyes and chunted away about "parading that around like something you should be proud of" as I head to the bin nappy in hand.  Or a few weeks ago when there was a strange car hanging around at 11pm with music (we live in a very quiet street) and I mentioned I'd go and see what they were up to only to be told "don't be silly, you're wearing a nappy" .... yeah, that got me excited!  Oops. 

After many years of wearing nappies, I've decided that premium ones (of the ABDL variety) are the only ones worth buying. They last the longest, they fit the best, they feel the nicest and you need fewer of them. I had been wearing the plain white ABU Simple ones, but over the last year I've ventured out.  This month I decided to try Tykables Unicorns.  I've been seen by my wife in a pink, unicorn nappy and she hasn't batted an eyelid.  In fact randomly last week she sent me a unicorn emoji as an iMessage - I don't know whether that's linked or not, but she's never bothered with emojis before.  I think she knows I'm happy and chilled in them so is okay with it too. As a side note, these are definitely the best nappies I've ever worn, without a question.  They don't tear, they soak up loads, they don't leak at night (I'm wet 6 nights out of 7 in a week roughly) and they don't stretch over night. But even if you need to readjust, the hook and loop tabs are incredible.

Well worth the money!

Anyway, just wanted to say what a top thread. I'd love to wear 24/7, but I don't want to ruin what I get away with now. Wearing at night for need is one thing, but not being moaned at for wearing at weekends and when working from home is something I appreciate. 

19 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

I'd love to wear 24/7, but I don't want to ruin what I get away with now. Wearing at night for need is one thing, but not being moaned at for wearing at weekends and when working from home is something I appreciate. 

Interesting, @BedWetMark - it sounds like your wife has taken a similar approach to mine. I've never actually told her I'm wearing 24/7, although she has by now seen me at almost all hours of the day in a diaper, although I haven't ever come home from work and dropped my trousers to reveal a nappy in front of her. Yet.  

19 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

She's generally pretty good though, when I get in from work, especially after a crappy commute like a couple of days ago she will often say "I'm just serving up, go up and get changed" as she knows that I like to get ready for bed when I get in and unwind.  She's no issue with me emerging smelling of baby powder and crinkling like a crisp packet across the room (with shorts and t-shirt on) and chilling together.

That sounds very much like a typical evening in my house, when the younger one has gone to bed, and the older one has retreated to her room to use a global array of satellites and fiber optic cables, in order to send pictures of herself making duck faces to people who live around the corner. I like to throw on a bigger, crinkly diaper, and then I'll put shorts or whatever over it initially, and walk around tidying up etc, then if we settle down in our room, her to watch one of her "wind down" shows (she likes British baking shows for this), me to read a book, generally, then I'll just be in a diaper and a t-shirt.

I want to try those Tykables - the sound great. I just did a diaper inventory and consolidated "stashes" from the garage into boxes on a shelf in the basement storage area, since the kids never go in there, and they don't need to be hidden from my wife. I have nine different brands of ABDL diapers on the go in various quantities, plus 2/3's of a case of my daytime diaper. I found a couple of Princess Pink's that I forgot I had - I wonder how that would go over? Although I'm wearing a Play Dayz right now with a pink front panel that she saw this morning and didn't bat an eyelid at. But the rest of the diaper is white, and only every 4th one has any pink on it, whereas the Princess Pink's are really, really pink. But, other than that, they're a great diaper, very comfortable. 

I had a new experience last night; I had a dream in which I was wearing a diaper, and, in the dream, I actually stopped to use the diaper, and, in real life, I'm pretty sure I wet, as well, because my diaper was wet and I don't recall having done it consciously. Or maybe I was having a waking-dream, I don't know. I got in late last night and fell right into a deep sleep and have no recollection of stirring at all. I had eaten Korean food rather late in the evening, which was great, but contained a lot of sodium, so I guzzled a couple of glasses of water right before turning in. 

In the dream, I was at some weird version of the cottage we had when I was a kid, but I was an adult, and there were neighbour's cottages very close by, which was not the case at all in real life - you had to walk for 10 minutes to get to a neighbour's cottage in actuality. But in the dream, they were almost right next door. SO, for some reason, everyone's basements were filling up with water - hmmm, interesting, eh? - And I had a pump, an electric submersible, and I was the only guy who knew how to use it, so I had chucked it into our basement and it was pumping away, and I went running over to a couple of the other cottages and gave them advice about how to prepare for me to come in with the pump, once our basement was pumped out, and there was some strange ritual involving breaking up ice that was forming on the water with a hand blender - it made no sense, but it seemed very important that I guide them in doing that, so when the pump was ready, we could proceed with the operation. 

Someone broke the blade on their hand blender, and I said I had an extra one, and I went into our kitchen to search through the sink, which is where I thought it would be, and while I was standing there, it occurred to me that I with all this water rushing in and pumping out, I really, really needed to pee, so, I in the dream, I started wetting my diaper while I was emptying the sink. The dream ended at that point, as far as I can recall. 

5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I had a new experience last night; I had a dream in which I was wearing a diaper, and, in the dream, I actually stopped to use the diaper, and, in real life, I'm pretty sure I wet, as well, because my diaper was wet and I don't recall having done it consciously. Or maybe I was having a waking-dream, I don't know. I got in late last night and fell right into a deep sleep and have no recollection of stirring at all. I had eaten Korean food rather late in the evening, which was great, but contained a lot of sodium, so I guzzled a couple of glasses of water right before turning in. 

In the dream, I was at some weird version of the cottage we had when I was a kid, but I was an adult, and there were neighbour's cottages very close by, which was not the case at all in real life - you had to walk for 10 minutes to get to a neighbour's cottage in actuality. But in the dream, they were almost right next door. SO, for some reason, everyone's basements were filling up with water - hmmm, interesting, eh? - And I had a pump, an electric submersible, and I was the only guy who knew how to use it, so I had chucked it into our basement and i

t was pumping away, and I went running over to a couple of the other cottages and gave them advice about how to prepare for me to come in with the pump, once our basement was pumped out, and there was some strange ritual involving breaking up ice that was forming on the water with a hand blender - it made no sense, but it seemed very important that I guide them in doing that, so when the pump was ready, we could proceed with the operation. 

Someone broke the blade on their hand blender, and I said I had an extra one, and I went into our kitchen to search through the sink, which is where I thought it would be, and while I was standing there, it occurred to me that I with all this water rushing in and pumping out, I really, really needed to pee, so, I in the dream, I started wetting my diaper while I was emptying the sink. The dream ended at that point, as far as I can recall. 

I had a few of these "pee dreams" earlier on but they kind of disappeared.  Occasionally, diapers will still be reflected in dreams some way but I can't recall any recent dreams where I was wetting my diaper.  Last one was I can remember *deciding* to use my diaper instead of dealing with logistical challenges in getting to the bathroom (something to do with where I was going to put my beer down!) but no recollection of actually following through although I was suitably wet the next morning.

Although I can still often remember wetting a little during the night, the evidence in my nappy by morning is often wildly out of proportion to what I can recall now.  Some nights (like this morning), I arose completely wet with zero insight about when I'd done that but still strangely convinced that I must have been awake.

The general surrealism of dreams with their twisted, alternate-dimension take on reality remains an amusing mystery to me: the rubbish I will dream.

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

her to watch one of her "wind down" shows (she likes British baking shows for this), me to read a book, generally, then I'll just be in a diaper and a t-shirt.

Tennis...   The Australian Open is on.  I'm glad she likes to watch tennis but why not use the theatre room (empty since daughter #1 left home) or at least, the other TV that is NOT connected to streaming services (that TV was broken and I FIXED it just for tennis!).  Why does it have to be the TV that I was happily watching "Grand Tour" on Prime and why do I have to then remain sitting next to her listening to "poc, poc, poc..." noises because to quietly creep away to try to watch something I want somewhere else is "anti-social"?  It would be better if the balls occasionally exploded, or the players.

On the upside, she's long stopped whining and nagging about my nappies.  I think she's given up.

I was in diapers an increasing amount of the time between late 2011 and mid-2013, and have been in them 24/7/365 pretty much uninterrupted since then.

I have made a complete break with big-people undies. I didn't mean to when I stopped wearing them in mid-2013; I switched to training pants "to be safe," but my incontinence got too bad to go back. I threw out my last pair of undies in mid-2014.

The first few days and weeks were pretty good! Then again, I wasn't going 24/7 to go 24/7; I was AB/DL, but I was doing it primarily to deal with increasingly severe continence issues in a way that made me happy.

I've managed to stick with it because I've had to stick with it; it happened because my UI had gotten too severe to be out of diapers. By the end of 2014 I had no urinary continence at all. I also started developing FI around mid-2014 and it has been pretty much complete since mid-2016.

Family and friends know.

8 hours ago, Kaliborio said:

I've managed to stick with it because I've had to stick with it; it happened because my UI had gotten too severe to be out of diapers. By the end of 2014 I had no urinary continence at all. I also started developing FI around mid-2014 and it has been pretty much complete since mid-2016.

Family and friends know.

If you don't mind me asking, @Kaliborio, what precipitated your drifting into incontinence? Is it a neurological disorder? Regardless, I'm glad you've come to terms with being in diapers and have managed to find some joy in it. Having put myself in diapers for my own amusement is far different from being put in diapers by some twist of fate. How have your friends and family reacted to it? Do they take it in stride, or do you think it has strained or ended some relationships? Did you sit them down and tell them "Hey, so by the way, if you notice my pants look puffy, that's not your imagination or a poor size choice I've made, I'm wearing diapers now...", or did they just eventually figure it out? Are you totally comfortable now going out or being in social settings in a noticeable diaper, or do you still takes steps to be discrete about it, maybe going down a size or employing compression garments and such when you're not home? 

I'd love to part ways completely with my "big boy" underwear, but I still need them for the gym. If I ever find a diaper that works for running and martial arts, then I might make that leap. 

Speaking of making leaps, I had a bit of a test run last night for the upcoming trip to the UK; I shared a hotel room with a buddy in order to be able to drink at a gathering and not have to drive for 90 minutes in a snow storm afterwards. I managed to swap diapers in the washroom and to climb into bed wearing shorts without giving away my padded status. 

I believe I've mentioned the upcoming trip before, a guy's trip for one of our mate's birthdays, where we are going to be all over the UK for about 8 days in the early summer. The accommodations have all been arranged by on of our buddies who works for a major hotel chain, and we are getting screaming deals on the rooms, but, it means sharing a room with someone for the entire trip, which is something I normally do not do on work trips and such, and when we travel as a family, we tend to get a suite or adjoining rooms so that there is a door between where my wife and I are sleeping, and where the kids are. However, my demanding my own room would increase someone else's costs as well, and, there is also a limit to how many rooms we can book at the preferential rate. So, much like the trip earlier this year to the martial arts symposium, I have no choice but to bunk with someone, and I'm not sure how I'm going to manage being in nappies for the trip. 

A further complication is that we are flying between destinations on discount airlines for ridiculously low fares (and I wish Canada had airfares like the UK and EU do), so, the cost to bring a checked bag is pretty much the cost of an additional seat on the flight, or sometimes more. So it's going to be impossible to bring enough nappies with me, unless I basically only packed nappies, which is not very practical. Plus, I obviously want to remain discrete about it, and we won't have a car, so my only shot at getting a hold of some is likely going to be heading out on foot for a store and buying whatever demoralizing elder pants I can get my hands on, with absolutely no chance for field testing, and possibly, I might have to chose between a plastic diaper with tabs, which might be too loud, or, some kind of pull-up, which I detest wearing. If anyone reading this has any suggestions for a brand I can likely get my hands on in a common store, I am all ears. 

I may have to decide to just forego wearing diapers during the day at all, to reduce the amount I'll have to pack, and for the purposes of discretion, since if I start carting around a mystery box with me, questions will get asked. I think I can make it through the days like that, although it will probably be uncomfortable at first, and all the more so because the plan is basically to drink beer in four cities over eight days. But for the nights, I don't think I can take the chance of going to bed without a diaper on, particularly since I'll undoubtedly be inebriated by bedtime most nights, I suspect. AND, remember, it's one of our buddies, who will be with us, who works for the hotel chain we are staying with in each city; I don't want to violate the sanctity of a mattress in a room booked under his name with his employer. I'm sure they've seen far, far worse, but, my idea of a good time doesn't involved gentle ribbing by my buddies about either my plastic underwear, or, perhaps worse, my repeated desecration of the bedding. 

If anyone has any thoughts, I am open to them.

17 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

If you don't mind me asking, @Kaliborio, what precipitated your drifting into incontinence? Is it a neurological disorder? Regardless, I'm glad you've come to terms with being in diapers and have managed to find some joy in it. Having put myself in diapers for my own amusement is far different from being put in diapers by some twist of fate. How have your friends and family reacted to it? Do they take it in stride, or do you think it has strained or ended some relationships? Did you sit them down and tell them "Hey, so by the way, if you notice my pants look puffy, that's not your imagination or a poor size choice I've made, I'm wearing diapers now...", or did they just eventually figure it out? Are you totally comfortable now going out or being in social settings in a noticeable diaper, or do you still takes steps to be discrete about it, maybe going down a size or employing compression garments and such when you're not home? 

what precipitated your drifting into incontinence? Is it a neurological disorder?

The answer is probably yes!

I was incontinent on and off throughout my life leading up to returning to diapers full-time. I had had two lengthy episodes (a couple of years each) before the third, current one. I realised I was an AB/DL as well sometime between episodes #2 and #3.

By the time I started having continence issues again, I had already started casually wearing diapers again, so I simply increased the number of diapers I wore. I thought for some time that I'd untrained myself as a result, but it seems increasingly doubtful that that's the case.

I'm registered for a welfare payment for people with severe, permanent incontinence, to help us buy diapers; the official reason for my registration is "autism-related developmental delay", which was picked by my doctor. I am autistic, but I doubt that's why I'm incontinent. Nobody seems to really know.

How have your friends and family reacted to it? Do they take it in stride, or do you think it has strained or ended some relationships?

One of my parents is convinced that my continence issues are actually just an act (because he knows I'm AB/DL). However, I'm estranged from both parents so I don't really care.

I actually don't think it has much affected my relationship with any of my friends, most of whom know.

Did you sit them down and tell them [...] or did they just eventually figure it out?

For my friends, I sat them down and told them. This is because I was raised that when you're staying overnight at someone's house, or otherwise spending time in their domain, you let them know about your issues. My close friends were the people I was crashing with due to parties, etc., so I ended up telling them.

Everyone else just eventually figured it out.

Are you totally comfortable being in a noticeable diaper, or do you still take steps to be discreet about it?

Depends what you consider 'noticeable' and 'discreet'.

I don't do anything to highlight my diapers. However, I will wear whatever diapers I functionally need to. Right now, my usual combination is a Rearz Safari and a cloth outer. That's a lot of padding around my butt and crotch and I've been told that my waddle is objectively pretty noticeable.

On the other hand, all my clothes are picked to comfortably go over my diapers; none of them are tight-fitting or bulging. They're just disproportionate compared to a normal person my size, enough so that someone might deduce it from that.