LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

13 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Update: I am on day two of a business trip, and I took only diapers with me, no other underwear. This was definitely flying without a safety net, which I find somewhat thrilling. I also have to not let it distract me - I actually have real work to do. Getting up this morning and having only a choice of a couple of diapers once I got out of my night diaper was interesting - I have never been "stuck" in this position before! Today would be day 13 of 24/7 being in diapers. 

Yes I remember that first trip very vividly!  The first is the worst.  They get easier.

I was struggling to find change locations and ended up having to rely on the range of my BetterDry more than I really wanted to.  I had zero underwear in my luggage but loads of nappies.  I'd actually taken way too much stuff because I was a bit panicky about getting caught short.  I have a couple more domestic trips coming up in the next few weeks and now that I'm back 24x7, I will be in nappies for those but it's more routine now.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, oznl said:

Yes I remember that first trip very vividly!  The first is the worst.  They get easier.

I was struggling to find change locations and ended up having to rely on the range of my BetterDry more than I really wanted to.  I had zero underwear in my luggage but loads of nappies.  I'd actually taken way too much stuff because I was a bit panicky about getting caught short.  I have a couple more domestic trips coming up in the next few weeks and now that I'm back 24x7, I will be in nappies for those but it's more routine now.

Oh yes, those first trips away with no big boys' underwear are a bit scary.  Having to cope with finding somewhere to change, finding places to dispose of your used nappies, evenings in restaurants and bars.  But after you've done it a few times it's so much easier.  I'm off for a week's hiking on Monday, and I'll be changing out in the open air during the day.  I won't have much choice about that.  The first couple of times I hiked in nappies I agonised about how I was going to manage that.  Now it's just part of enjoying wearing nappies.

Its always better to have more diapers on hand then you think you may need when traveling as I have found I use more diapers while away then at home for some reason or another. I plan for 4 Betterdry diapers per day not counting the ones in my backpack at the start of the trip I would rather bring home unused diapers then risk running out of premium diapers and have to rely on thin retail brands.

Our last trip proved it was a good Idea to bring extra diapers as I ended up with an upset tummy that lead to multiple bowel accidents over a few days :( but over packing diapers paid off :) 

• Like 1

I've been 24/7 for about two years now, at first it felt a bit naughty, then exciting, now perfectly normal, it's just what I do, the only time I wear normal underwear is when I use Drynites for 8-15 year old boys as they are too small to wear properly, so I tear the sides and put briefs on top to hold them in place,,, 

• 2 weeks later...

Had somewhat of a setback last week in that my in-laws came to stay with us for a few days, and as much as I mustered the gumption to undertake travel bringing only diapers, attend events in a diaper, and I have even managed to teach a martial arts class wearing a diaper, when the in-laws are around, I feel like I'm under a microscope, and I became uncomfortable. BUT, at the same time, not wearing a diaper was also uncomfortable - I had gone about 23 days at that point. Since then, I've gone back and forth. I've recovered enough from a sports injury to be able to start running again, and I have not figured out a way I could possibly do that in a diaper - I've tried it before, and it's always hard on the diaper, and even harder on me. Maybe one of us should start a company making "sports diapers", perhaps using some advanced NASA-developed material. I may start a thread just on this topic - I'm sure someone with more experience than me has figured this out. 

On the other hand, running should help me slim down a bit, which will probably eventually make my clothes a bit looser, which should help to conceal the bulk of my diapers a bit better, particularly under summer clothes. 

10 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Had somewhat of a setback last week in that my in-laws came to stay with us for a few days, and as much as I mustered the gumption to undertake travel bringing only diapers, attend events in a diaper, and I have even managed to teach a martial arts class wearing a diaper, when the in-laws are around, I feel like I'm under a microscope, and I became uncomfortable. BUT, at the same time, not wearing a diaper was also uncomfortable - I had gone about 23 days at that point. Since then, I've gone back and forth. I've recovered enough from a sports injury to be able to start running again, and I have not figured out a way I could possibly do that in a diaper - I've tried it before, and it's always hard on the diaper, and even harder on me. Maybe one of us should start a company making "sports diapers", perhaps using some advanced NASA-developed material. I may start a thread just on this topic - I'm sure someone with more experience than me has figured this out. 

On the other hand, running should help me slim down a bit, which will probably eventually make my clothes a bit looser, which should help to conceal the bulk of my diapers a bit better, particularly under summer clothes. 

That’s a tough one.  I can foresee a number of scenarios that might arise that would force me out of nappies and dealing with aged parents is one of them.  Certain periodic international work commitments are another.  At least you were only out for a few days and not 4 weeks like me! 

Sometimes I think these “roadblocks”  might be behind my newly discovered interest in losing continence.  If I was to become incontinent, I’d get the diagnosis (making sure nothing more serious was wrong), decline all offers of treatment (I’ve no interest in wasting medical resources) and simply move on with the ambient fact of my nappies “on the table” if they had to be and deal with those scenarios diapered as a necessity instead of as a selfish indulgence.

Gym remains a challenge.  I’ve struggled being overweight my entire life despite running, cycling and in the last 2 years, 3 – 4 45m work outs at a gym in my office complex per week.  It seems I can be fit but being thin is just not in my DNA.  Obviously when in nappies 24/7, gym exercise is something I need to manage.  I tried a work-out in a full adult nappy exactly once: disintegrating nappy sliding down legs until i abandoned the session.  Don't even think about the bike.  Currently, I change OUT of my workday nappy at gym in the late afternoon and go nappy-free for the 45-50 minutes or so before showering and re-diapering.  I have to remember now to “clench” to avoid dripping when I take my nappy off and I’m noticing that it’s less and less comfortable holding during that time so I might have to change strategy if I stay on course.  I’ve tried Molicare pull-ups in the gym.  They DO work but frankly, they are expensive (nearly A$3.50 each which is about the same in C$!) and useless for anything else as they have little real absorbency.  If it becomes more uncomfortable, I might look around for cheaper “sacrificial” pull ups and use them instead of underwear during work-out time.

Ironically, I think being big (overweight but not obese and also quite tall) actually helps a bit in disguising nappies as a bit of bulk in my crotch area if anything is more consistent with my shape above my crotch!!

1 hour ago, oznl said:

That’s a tough one.  I can foresee a number of scenarios that might arise that would force me out of nappies and dealing with aged parents is one of them.  Certain periodic international work commitments are another.  At least you were only out for a few days and not 4 weeks like me! 

Sometimes I think these “roadblocks”  might be behind my newly discovered interest in losing continence.  If I was to become incontinent, I’d get the diagnosis (making sure nothing more serious was wrong), decline all offers of treatment (I’ve no interest in wasting medical resources) and simply move on with the ambient fact of my nappies “on the table” if they had to be and deal with those scenarios diapered as a necessity instead of as a selfish indulgence.

Gym remains a challenge.  I’ve struggled being overweight my entire life despite running, cycling and in the last 2 years, 3 – 4 45m work outs at a gym in my office complex per week.  It seems I can be fit but being thin is just not in my DNA.  Obviously when in nappies 24/7, gym exercise is something I need to manage.  I tried a work-out in a full adult nappy exactly once: disintegrating nappy sliding down legs until i abandoned the session.  Don't even think about the bike.  Currently, I change OUT of my workday nappy at gym in the late afternoon and go nappy-free for the 45-50 minutes or so before showering and re-diapering.  I have to remember now to “clench” to avoid dripping when I take my nappy off and I’m noticing that it’s less and less comfortable holding during that time so I might have to change strategy if I stay on course.  I’ve tried Molicare pull-ups in the gym.  They DO work but frankly, they are expensive (nearly A$3.50 each which is about the same in C$!) and useless for anything else as they have little real absorbency.  If it becomes more uncomfortable, I might look around for cheaper “sacrificial” pull ups and use them instead of underwear during work-out time.

Ironically, I think being big (overweight but not obese and also quite tall) actually helps a bit in disguising nappies as a bit of bulk in my crotch area if anything is more consistent with my shape above my crotch!!

I couldn't figure out how to quote just a portion of the above, Oznl, but I wanted to refer to the part about the clothing and being overweight. I have been really, really heavy before, but I dropped over 100 lbs about 15 years ago and have kept most of it off. I vacillate within a range of about 20 lbs, but if I don't exercise, I filter calories from the air (I'm convinced) and I start to widen. This has actually helped in that I have clothes that span a couple of sizes. I'm not overly tall but I've never been prone to wearing tight clothes, so maybe it looked like I was wearing diapers even before I was wearing diapers! I tried running in an XL Good Nights pull-up probably a year ago on a lark, and it didn't work well. They weren't engineered for the likes of me and it was strained and chaffed like hell. Martial arts in a diaper seems to be manageable, as long as I'm instructing - I haven't tried participating while wearing one. I suspect it wouldn't go well - close contact, high exertion, failure could be catastrophic.

I am trying to lean on my benign brain tumour as an excuse to wear nappies to bed - I did wet the bed a couple of times, and it "could" be related, according to my neurologist. He didn't think it definitively was, but, there's light under the door. I haven't said I wear diapers to bed, or waltzed around in an uncovered diaper in front of my spouse, but I think she knows. I keep some of them in a cupboard in our bathroom, and I've worn them under boxer shorts or PJ's that weren't overly loose. I actually tend to just sleep in a diaper and a t-shirt, but I keep "evacuation pants" nearby because we have kids and a dog and once in a while there is some reason why I have to get up in a hurry at 2 AM. I think I told you before I've been successfully using a pacifier for a couple of years - I enjoy it and it silenced a clicking noise I apparently make with my teeth when I fall asleep. I have a mouth guard for tooth grinding but that made the noise worse, I'm told - of course, I never hear it, because I'm drifting into oblivion when it happens, but it used to cause my wife to elbow me awake unless she fell asleep before I did. So, the pacifiers solve that. 

Daytime wearing is another story - I would have to pull off an Oscar-nomination worthy performance to get a green light at this point. I admire the way you've addressed this head-on and am enjoying following your story. Thanks for your "mentorship"!

11 hours ago, oznl said:

Obviously when in nappies 24/7, gym exercise is something I need to manage.  I tried a work-out in a full adult nappy exactly once: disintegrating nappy sliding down legs until i abandoned the session.  Don't even think about the bike.  Currently, I change OUT of my workday nappy at gym in the late afternoon and go nappy-free for the 45-50 minutes or so before showering and re-diapering. 

I have been overweight for most of my adult years around age 30 or so and it has gotten worse.  I believe I have blockages in arteries and have been having chest pain off and on for several years.  It's gotten worse recently, however EKG and chest x-ray show no problems.  I'm seeing a cardiologist and expect I'll have a stress test and more.  Everyone wants me to exercise more, however I can't run or jog due to very bad ankles and arthritus in my feet.  A gym is a possibility and riding stationary bikes and other equipment may help.  My question to you is,  what kind of exercises do you do in the gym that puts so much strain on your diapers that they disintegrate and/or slide down your legs.  I would plan on riding the stationary bike but you hinted that it's a real problem in a diaper.  While I don't wear diapers all the time, if I wanted or needed to at the gym due to the strenuous nature of a work out, I'd like to do it discreetly and without diaper failure.  I'm also curious how you change out of your nappy at the gym and then re-diaper yourself after your shower.  Does the gym locker room have privet dressing rooms?  I've never heard of that and can't imagine undressing and removing a diaper in a locker room with others around, and also putting on a fresh diaper after a shower with others watching.

13 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I have been overweight for most of my adult years around age 30 or so and it has gotten worse.  I believe I have blockages in arteries and have been having chest pain off and on for several years.  It's gotten worse recently, however EKG and chest x-ray show no problems.  I'm seeing a cardiologist and expect I'll have a stress test and more.  Everyone wants me to exercise more, however I can't run or jog due to very bad ankles and arthritus in my feet.  A gym is a possibility and riding stationary bikes and other equipment may help.  My question to you is,  what kind of exercises do you do in the gym that puts so much strain on your diapers that they disintegrate and/or slide down your legs.  I would plan on riding the stationary bike but you hinted that it's a real problem in a diaper.  While I don't wear diapers all the time, if I wanted or needed to at the gym due to the strenuous nature of a work out, I'd like to do it discreetly and without diaper failure.  I'm also curious how you change out of your nappy at the gym and then re-diaper yourself after your shower.  Does the gym locker room have privet dressing rooms?  I've never heard of that and can't imagine undressing and removing a diaper in a locker room with others around, and also putting on a fresh diaper after a shower with others watching.

All gyms have bathrooms.  If you need privacy then simply go into a bathroom stall and put your diaper on there.  I have heard of a few people who simply do change their clothes and diaper while standing at their locker in front of others.  Many feel diapers are your underwear and underwear is something you see in a men's locker room.  My bestfriend once wanted me to start working out with him.  He knows that I wear diapers and if I had worked out with him I had already decided I would be okay changing my clothes in front of him diapers and all.

30 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Sure, here are some answers ? The gym I use is a local franchise of a large national chain (Jetts fitness) and is located inside my corporate office complex.  It's literally a 20 yard walk from my firm's office to the gym.  This gym (fairly small) has 3 private, uni-sex shower/bathrooms so yes, changing can take place in privacy.  In fact, the gym is the easiest place for me to accomplish a nappy change whilst at work as I have a whole bathroom to myself and it includes a large sanitary waste bin!

By the time I get there, it's usually around 4pm and I've been in a BetterDry since 7am which now is the size of a live chicken and the weight of a bowling ball.  I tried it anyway.  Once my compression pants are removed (too hot/visible in a gym), gravity steps in and the clock is ticking.  A 6 minute warm up on a bike is ok.  A variety of weights is ok so long as there are no press-out leaks by sitting on the narrow planks that serve as seats.  The mat exercises are kind of ok but I wonder about the view.  The final 12 minute high intensity session on the cross trainer is where gravity really does it's thing!  The cross trainer is a lot like running but the impact is avoided so it is knee/ankle friendly but the deceleration is there and happens at 55 rpm.  If you do the math, it's like jumping up and down on the spot 660 times with a bowling ball inside a chicken inside loose shorts - you get the picture.

I could change into a fresh nappy before work-out but I'm usually a molten ball of sweat afterwards and would prefer to burn everything I am wearing rather than replace it.  I also need a shower which would necessitate that fresh nappy being removed and then replaced.  I would basically be trashing a Molicare for nothing and so figure that for 45 - 50 mins, I can (for now at least), hold on.

So it's easier to ditch the diaper for the work-out and replace it with a fresh one at the conclusion.  If that becomes a problem during this "phase" of my life, I will consider using pull-ups as a tactical alternative to gym underwear.  I *have* done this in the past and they *do* survive.  They are light and easily removable/replaceable but minimally absorbent.  Hope this helps.

TBH, I feel that the gym has done little for my weight (maybe I should stop brewing beer!) but it has done markedly well for my overall strength and fitness.  After nearly 2 years of reasonably frequent attendance (subject to frequent travel), I've noticed I'm a dab hand at lifting furniture and don't get puffed that easily!  I've had a number of heart operations including 1 x open heart due to electrical faults in my heart but that's another story.

I would say I'm quite experienced going 24/7. I like to simulate incontinence and I have trained my sphincter muscle to pee at the slightest urge. This has the added benefit as the little drips and dribbles are better absurbed in the nappy so I only need to change every 4/5 hours. I wear Molicare Slip Maxis and find that when I've drank normal amounts of fluid one Molicare nappy can easily last me 4/5 hours and more. I like to change regularly to keep smells down. I choose Molicare nappies as I find them very comfortable, they have a soft back sheet and soft pulp so they don't feel bulky between my legs, I like this as this gives me more confidence as they feel discrete. I don't feel like I've got a nappy between my legs anymore I'm that used to wearing. I have 100% confidence in Molicare nappies.

Going back to keeping my sphincter muscle unclenched and dripping/dribbling urine all the time. I wouldn't recommend you doing this if you want to keep your continence, it will slowly slip away if you don't regularly exercise your sphincter muscles. When you've practiced enough times and learned to keep your sphincter relaxed and opened it stays that way with muscle memory. You soon have to purposely clench to stop the peeing. I noticed with my 24/7 wearing and urinating at the slightest urge my bladder become super sensitive and as soon as my bladder fills a little I would feel a urge to pee, this almost becomes a constant urge only getting relief for 5 minutes after peeing, then the urge to urinate comes back. It become very easy  too wet in any position. I noticed that I have most post micturition dribble, this is most noticeable I'm using the toilet for a number two as I'll drip and dribble uncontrollable on the floor and this is without straining to poo. I then noticed that after wetting (I only wet in little drips/dribbles/gushes) I would I have after-dribble in my nappy which feels like a post micturition dribble like a gush when I think I've stopped peeing. It is this point it feels alien to clench so you just let it happen. This is the point I stopped wearing 24/7 as I got scared.

Transitioning back to underwear was hard. Although I was continent I still had a constant urge to urinate, I was going to the toilet every 30 minutes just to release maybe less then a cup of urine and the stream was very weak, I had to push to make it faster, the flow was uneven and more like a gush which splatted all over the place. After peeing I had to psychically clench my sphincter shut. When I didn't have easy access to a toilet I would soon be bursting to pee and this is when my sphincter would involuntary spasm and realise a drop of urine then clench again. I also always felt like I had damp pants after using the toilet. The constant urge to pee stopped after a few weeks but my bladder capacity has diminished. 

I've hit a binge phase and am wearing 24/7 again. This is after about 11 weeks of hardly wearing and my wetting abilities have started off the same as I left them. With muscle memory I can still wet at the slightest urge without clenching. Have a constant urge to pee all the time. I don't know how long before my continence does give in after yow-rowing between constantly remaining relaxed and then bladder training again. I have differently noticed a progression in lesser control over my bladder.

I'm going to try and keep at the 24/7 nappy wearing. I like the thought of being incontinent. My lifestyle fits well into living an incontinent lifestyle. My housemates think I'm incontinent. But in a purge I get a strong dislike too incontinence. I think if I can manage to get through the purge cycle and not stop wearing I'll be in a better position with trying to become incontinent. What I have learned is not to have any visual reminders with incontinence paraphernalia such as packet of nappies laying around. I would keep everything out of sight. I would wear cloth backed nappies to bed like Abena premium nappies as these feel like normal underwear to me now. I think having visual remembers makes me more horny and I'm more inclined to masturbate which makes me lose interest in wearing. I think if I just get out a nappy when needed it'll become routine when changing and I'll get a less sexual stimulation and hopeful nappies will not make me horny all the time.

• Thanks 1

Update: the weather was nice today and I did some cleaning up of the yard - raking the last of last year's leaves, taking down Christmas decorations, and tallying which vegetation survived the winter and which did not. It felt great to be in a nice crinkly diaper, and because I was outside mucking about with the rake and leaf bags, etc, I had no concern that anyone would hear it. I worked on pulling leaves and garbage out from under bushes, and I could feel at times that the top of my diaper was probably visible at the waist of my jeans; when I was up a ladder pulling down Christmas lights, I know my shirt occasionally was rising up as well - all scenarios that positively froze me in terror when I wore diapers as a kid. Not that I engaged in much yard work in diapers back then, but I was perpetually conscious of the relationship between the waist of my pants and the waist of my diaper, since pretty much every time I ever got "found out", that was how it happened. Perhaps I have become too comfortable; maybe I am playing footsie with getting discovered and just having it out with my spouse. Part of me wants that, but part of me is terrified that the outcome could be an ultimatum. Whereas, so far, I've been in a diaper for probably 80% of the last 25 days or so, so maybe I should just be happy with that? 

Anyway, back to the yard, it was a beautiful, fresh day, I was getting things done, and it felt great, and natural, to be in a diaper, even if only I knew about it. Well, and you, gentle reader. And the dog probably knew. 

Now here's an odd 'unexpected consequence'-

I'm in the final stages of moving house and with the impending time limitations I've not been sorting things out as well as I'd like to, and everything here is a mess with piles of stuff I'm not moving all over the place.  I woke up yesterday morning wet and once I got coffee going I began to look for my bag of diapers. Um, damn- I can't find them and I'm on the verge of leaking! Did I put them in storage with the rest of my stuff? I can't remember. Well there's a change in the car so let's get some coffee in me first and then I'll do something about it. One cup later and I'm digging around but still no diapers. Could I have been that stupid? Maybe. Second cup of coffee later and I still haven't found my diapers. I decide to pour a third cup of coffee then go to get my diaper from the car. I turn around in the kitchen to go outside and there beside the recliner is my bag of diapers. I don't know how they got there or why I didn't see them before but whatever- I'll take the win :roflmao: When you need diapers you'd better always have a "plan B" or you're going to eventually discover the hard way why that's so important!

Bettypooh

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Now here's an odd 'unexpected consequence'-

I'm in the final stages of moving house and with the impending time limitations I've not been sorting things out as well as I'd like to, and everything here is a mess with piles of stuff I'm not moving all over the place.  I woke up yesterday morning wet and once I got coffee going I began to look for my bag of diapers. Um, damn- I can't find them and I'm on the verge of leaking! Did I put them in storage with the rest of my stuff? I can't remember. Well there's a change in the car so let's get some coffee in me first and then I'll do something about it. One cup later and I'm digging around but still no diapers. Could I have been that stupid? Maybe. Second cup of coffee later and I still haven't found my diapers. I decide to pour a third cup of coffee then go to get my diaper from the car. I turn around in the kitchen to go outside and there beside the recliner is my bag of diapers. I don't know how they got there or why I didn't see them before but whatever- I'll take the win :roflmao: When you need diapers you'd better always have a "plan B" or you're going to eventually discover the hard way why that's so important!

Bettypooh

Probably a good ting you are moving out of that house!  Sounds like it's haunted, the diapers disapearing like that and then appearing in a prominent place!  You are also one brave person to keep drinking cups of coffee with an already soaking diaper and not being able to find your diapers to change!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've had a bit of a breakthrough with my wife a couple of nights ago that I thought people might find interesting. If you recall, I've been wearing diapers to bed almost without exception for about two years now, and, essentially following in some of your footsteps, I've been wearing 24/7 about 80% of the time over the last month. I haven't figured out what or how to wear when I'm exercising or participating in martial arts. Other than that, I try to wear in every situation, and so far I have been pretty successful. 

But back to the breakthrough - wearing at night in secret, wondering "Does she know? Does she not?", taking my shorts off under the cover of darkness so I could sleep in just a t-shirt and a diaper, which is how I am most comfortable, was growing tiresome. It reminded me of the shame and embarrassment I felt as an older kid wearing diapers to bed, and I think this comes with realizing I'm not getting any younger - I just felt that it was time to take the plunge. Reading Oznl's story and some others was also definitely influential. 

So, after we had had a particularly good chat on another topic on the weekend, I steeled myself, and I raised the first topic I wanted to touch on - my use of a pacifier at night. I knew she knew about that, BUT, it had never been spoken of out loud. I asked her if she had noticed, and she said she had, and I asked if she knew why, and she said no. I asked her if she recalled how she used to elbow me in the middle of the night four or five times a week because my mouth guard was making clicking noises, to which she said yes, and I said, well, has that happened at all in recent memory? She said no, and I said, truthfully, that's because of the pacifiers. She said, well, if that's what it takes, she welcomes it. 

Then, I took a deep breath, and I said do you know about this... and I pulled down one side of my sweatpants and showed her part of my diaper. She said no, what's that about? And I told her about having occasionally wet the bed over the past couple of years, and being tired of having to wash the bedding in secret, but also about my childhood experience wearing diapers to bed, and that I had decided a couple of years ago that I just slept better in a diaper, it was less stressful for me, and what did she think of that? 

I held my breath, basically. But, ever practical, she immediately told me she was using "Poise" pads herself - essentially more robust sanitary pads that are designed to catch moderate urine output. Ever since the kids were born, she said, she's had issues with leakage when she sneezes or coughs, and as far as she's concerned, we're not getting any younger, and if we can't talk to each other about these things, who can we talk to? She said if I feel that I need to wear diapers at night, she's glad that I felt I could talk to her about it, and it doesn't bother her. 

I can't describe the relief I felt in that moment. I have no idea what I would have done if it had gone in a different direction - I don't think I would be willing to blow up my household over this, granted, deep-seated desire to be in diapers. I still haven't broached the topic of wearing during the day, but, for the first time in my adult life, over the last couple of nights, I wore a diaper openly, uncovered, and we watched TV in bed and chatted and carried on like everything was normal, which, essentially, it was, other than the pacifier on my night stand and my being in a diaper. 

I know that I have to be careful not to push this on her too rapidly, but these early, ahem, baby steps, seem to have gone well. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

So, the experiment progresses. I have been in diapers 95% of the time since the beginning of April, basically, and over the last couple of days I ordered two cases of diapers, which I have never done before, always buying them in bags. I ordered a case of 6 bags of slim Prevail's (96 diapers!) that I can wear under clothing. These have a stretchy side panel and they feel like Pampers Cruisers, basically, although they have no print on them. They are a very comfortable diaper that is easy to conceal. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I also got a case of Rearz Barnyard diapers that I've wanted to try. The case has three bags in it, I believe around 36 diapers in total. The Barnyards are huge and I won't be wearing them in public, I reckon, but they are very cute and very bulky and I'm sure they will be a high-performance diaper.

So far, the only time I don't wear diapers is when I am exercising. I have worn everywhere else I go, basically. 

I've been enjoying hanging out in my room with my wife, after the kids go to bed, wearing just a diaper and a t-shirt. I went for about a week wearing pretty plain diapers - Tena and Depends and MoliCare and the like, but I have added in a couple of Play Dayz diapers which have a printed front panel with butterflies and unicorns and things like that, and she hasn't seemed to notice or care about the print, so I think I may be able to wear some cuter diapers more openly moving forward. 

It certainly psychologically upped the ante for me when I ended up creating an account with an incontinence wear supplier and put together standing orders for entire case loads.  When a case turns up I look at it and think "well, that's another month in nappies right there - I've paid for them so I might as well use them".

If you're like me, by now you'll know which diapers work and where for you along with how many you need and you'll have something of a routine going which does makes things easier.

I think also by this time, I was less and less aware of being wet and it had become ridiculously easy to wet myself!

• Like 2
On 5/23/2019 at 11:35 PM, oznl said:

It certainly psychologically upped the ante for me when I ended up creating an account with an incontinence wear supplier and put together standing orders for entire case loads.  When a case turns up I look at it and think "well, that's another month in nappies right there - I've paid for them so I might as well use them".

If you're like me, by now you'll know which diapers work and where for you along with how many you need and you'll have something of a routine going which does makes things easier.

I think also by this time, I was less and less aware of being wet and it had become ridiculously easy to wet myself!

I haven't set up a standing order yet - still experimenting with brands and sizes. But setting up an account and placing an order was definitely a paradigm shift, and having that giant box of diapers sitting on a shelf in the basement, not hidden, was another. A third such shift occurred when I dedicated a drawer in one of my dressers in our room to my diapers. I was in a conversation with my wife last night when I went into the drawer to fetch a diaper, and then I was holding the diaper for another couple of minutes while we finished chatting - it just seemed natural, not at all "furtive". 

Ironically, the sample pack of 5 different diaper brands that a friend sent me as a prank (not knowing about my diapered status) has served me well, and the case order I placed was through the company that sent the samples. The diaper selection available through companies like this is vastly superior to what can be had in supermarkets and drug stores. 

I thought that I might grow bored by my experiment, and that it could take the fun out of wearing diapers, but that has not happened - wearing a diaper still feels great. Even a bad day feels a bit better in a diaper. When I have to take a diaper off in order to exercise, I can't wait to get back into one. I can honestly say that other than exercise, there have not been any circumstances over the last few weeks that I have not been able to traverse in a diaper. Onesies definitely help. 

I have become less aware of being wet, for sure. I have found myself doing my own "diaper checks" by checking the feel by hand, to make sure I don't overload my diaper. I think this has to do with buying decent products, too - a good diaper doesn't feel very wet until it IS very wet. I'm probably burning through more diapers than I need to, but I'm not adventurous when it comes to possible leaks - I'd rather be early than late on a change. Wetting doesn't happen accidentally, but when I get into the groove of more frequent small wetting incidents, I do find that I barely have to think about it - it's like some of the gates are open, and I only have to open one more for it to happen. If I get busy and stop paying attention, I experience urinary urgency a quite bit sooner than I used to, as well. Not that I couldn't clench up and go for a few hours if I had to, but, it feels better not to do that, inarguably.

• Like 1

Your story so far seems to resemble mine a lot.

When I started, I thought that a bout of 24/7 might "cure" me by satiating a need.  Au contraire.   The compulsory 4 week break after 2.5 months was miserable and I was back into nappies on the flight home.  Now 2 months in to the second installment, I know at the back of my mind that I will probably have to come out of nappies again due to short-term overwhelming practical requirements but I've just pushed that to the back of my mind and take the days/weeks/months as I can get them.

I'd have to say though that it seems that my erosion of continence has plateaued pretty much where you are now but there was just a glimmer or two of something new this week.

Enjoy the ride and keep posting.  It's fascinating to hear from others walking the same road.

• Like 1
On 5/29/2019 at 11:58 AM, Little Sherri said:

I haven't set up a standing order yet - still experimenting with brands and sizes. But setting up an account and placing an order was definitely a paradigm shift, and having that giant box of diapers sitting on a shelf in the basement, not hidden, was another. A third such shift occurred when I dedicated a drawer in one of my dressers in our room to my diapers. I was in a conversation with my wife last night when I went into the drawer to fetch a diaper, and then I was holding the diaper for another couple of minutes while we finished chatting - it just seemed natural, not at all "furtive". 

Ironically, the sample pack of 5 different diaper brands that a friend sent me as a prank (not knowing about my diapered status) has served me well, and the case order I placed was through the company that sent the samples. The diaper selection available through companies like this is vastly superior to what can be had in supermarkets and drug stores. 

I thought that I might grow bored by my experiment, and that it could take the fun out of wearing diapers, but that has not happened - wearing a diaper still feels great. Even a bad day feels a bit better in a diaper. When I have to take a diaper off in order to exercise, I can't wait to get back into one. I can honestly say that other than exercise, there have not been any circumstances over the last few weeks that I have not been able to traverse in a diaper. Onesies definitely help. 

I have become less aware of being wet, for sure. I have found myself doing my own "diaper checks" by checking the feel by hand, to make sure I don't overload my diaper. I think this has to do with buying decent products, too - a good diaper doesn't feel very wet until it IS very wet. I'm probably burning through more diapers than I need to, but I'm not adventurous when it comes to possible leaks - I'd rather be early than late on a change. Wetting doesn't happen accidentally, but when I get into the groove of more frequent small wetting incidents, I do find that I barely have to think about it - it's like some of the gates are open, and I only have to open one more for it to happen. If I get busy and stop paying attention, I experience urinary urgency a quite bit sooner than I used to, as well. Not that I couldn't clench up and go for a few hours if I had to, but, it feels better not to do that, inarguably.

What was it like when you had the. Conversation about diapers with her?  What was her reaction?

Is she supportive of you at first or that came later on?

On 6/1/2019 at 9:07 PM, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

What was it like when you had the. Conversation about diapers with her?  What was her reaction?

Is she supportive of you at first or that came later on?

I have to say that I honestly decided just on the spur of the moment to dive into the deep end on this one, and in retrospect, it probably was a bit reckless, but lucky for me, it worked out. I had been considering opening up to her on the topic for a while, but I was nervous about it - where I am in my relationship with her, with a house, kids, etc, if she had reacted badly, I probably would have put myself into a difficult position, forced to go back to hiding them again, but now hiding them from someone who would likely be on the lookout. I also have to add that I thought she *might* already have been aware of them, since I had been wearing diapers to bed for two years or so, though she said after I opened up to her, that she hadn't been aware of it. Another element to this is the fact that I have a medical condition that could possibly be causing very infrequent episodes of bed wetting - I leaned into that when I started talking about it, because truthfully, I did have to wash the bedding a couple of times prior to when I started wearing diapers to bed. 

However, I have also been sleeping with a pacifier, which I also brought up in the conversation, and she said she WAS aware of that, and didn't know what it was about. Again, there is a dual explanation for the pacifier - I click my teeth together unconsciously when I fall asleep, even though I use a night guard, and it drove her nuts, which in turn drove me nuts because she would often elbow me just as I was drifting off to sleep, and I would have to wait until she was asleep, to fall asleep myself. So, sleeping with a pacifier solved that nicely, BUT, in truth, I also just enjoy sleeping with a pacifier. 

So, either she, a) believes that I wear diapers to bed and use a pacifier for entirely practical reasons, and is fine with that, or, b) she has put two and two together and, seemingly, is fine with whatever answer that equation yielded for her. 

As to how telling her actually went, well, I had a diaper on under my PJ's, and I was going to do my usual slip-the-PJ's off once the lights went out routine, but I needed to get some more diapers up into my room, and would have to plausibly take a bag or something down the the basement, and back up, and sneaking around in my own bedroom was growing tiresome, and in the meantime, her and I had just finished a good conversation about other topics, and the timing just felt right, so I said, I want to talk to you about one more thing, she said "Sure", and I said "Are you aware of this already?" and I pulled my PJ's down part way and showed her my diaper. She said, no, what's that about, and I launched into explaining how I had had accidents in the past, and had been wearing them to bed for close to a couple of years, had been private about it, but had decided that I wanted to just be up front moving forward. She replied that she had in fact been experiencing leakage herself, not at night, but when she sneezed or coughed sometimes, since the kids were born (which I was aware of), basically, and that as far as she was concerned, me wearing a diaper was no different than her wearing protective pads. 

Then, I took a pacifier out of my bedside table and asked if she had seen them before, and she said yes, she knew I had been sleeping with one for some time now, but she didn't know what it was about or how to bring it up. I asked her if she could recall when the last time she had to awaken me because of the tooth clicking might have been, she said it had been quite a while, and I said, well, this is why. She said, well, if it works, and if I'm comfortable with it, she's fine with it. 

Since then, once the kids are asleep, and we are up in our room, I have been open about walking around, or watching TV, in a diaper. I started by wearing only plain white diapers in front of her, but lately I have worn a couple of printed ones, and she hasn't brought it up or acted like she's noticed. I think that, to her, a diaper is a diaper. That said, I haven't worn one with a truly infantile print on it. Last night I wore a Rearz Barnyard, for example, but the Bambino Classico, with the print consisting of blocks that spell "Baby" might be a bit much. 

As to my wearing 24/7, I have not brought that up at all. I am moving the goalposts slowly, by openly staying in my diaper in the morning for a bit (assuming the kids aren't around), and she hasn't commented on that, and at night, shortly after the kids are asleep, my diaper comes out, if circumstances allow. My feeling is that I should be happy to have arrived at where I am as smoothly as I have, so I shouldn't push it further right now, because I could easily lose all the ground I've gained. 

5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I have to say that I honestly decided just on the spur of the moment to dive into the deep end on this one, and in retrospect, it probably was a bit reckless, but lucky for me, it worked out. I had been considering opening up to her on the topic for a while, but I was nervous about it - where I am in my relationship with her, with a house, kids, etc, if she had reacted badly, I probably would have put myself into a difficult position, forced to go back to hiding them again, but now hiding them from someone who would likely be on the lookout. I also have to add that I thought she *might* already have been aware of them, since I had been wearing diapers to bed for two years or so, though she said after I opened up to her, that she hadn't been aware of it. Another element to this is the fact that I have a medical condition that could possibly be causing very infrequent episodes of bed wetting - I leaned into that when I started talking about it, because truthfully, I did have to wash the bedding a couple of times prior to when I started wearing diapers to bed. 

However, I have also been sleeping with a pacifier, which I also brought up in the conversation, and she said she WAS aware of that, and didn't know what it was about. Again, there is a dual explanation for the pacifier - I click my teeth together unconsciously when I fall asleep, even though I use a night guard, and it drove her nuts, which in turn drove me nuts because she would often elbow me just as I was drifting off to sleep, and I would have to wait until she was asleep, to fall asleep myself. So, sleeping with a pacifier solved that nicely, BUT, in truth, I also just enjoy sleeping with a pacifier. 

So, either she, a) believes that I wear diapers to bed and use a pacifier for entirely practical reasons, and is fine with that, or, b) she has put two and two together and, seemingly, is fine with whatever answer that equation yielded for her. 

As to how telling her actually went, well, I had a diaper on under my PJ's, and I was going to do my usual slip-the-PJ's off once the lights went out routine, but I needed to get some more diapers up into my room, and would have to plausibly take a bag or something down the the basement, and back up, and sneaking around in my own bedroom was growing tiresome, and in the meantime, her and I had just finished a good conversation about other topics, and the timing just felt right, so I said, I want to talk to you about one more thing, she said "Sure", and I said "Are you aware of this already?" and I pulled my PJ's down part way and showed her my diaper. She said, no, what's that about, and I launched into explaining how I had had accidents in the past, and had been wearing them to bed for close to a couple of years, had been private about it, but had decided that I wanted to just be up front moving forward. She replied that she had in fact been experiencing leakage herself, not at night, but when she sneezed or coughed sometimes, since the kids were born (which I was aware of), basically, and that as far as she was concerned, me wearing a diaper was no different than her wearing protective pads. 

Then, I took a pacifier out of my bedside table and asked if she had seen them before, and she said yes, she knew I had been sleeping with one for some time now, but she didn't know what it was about or how to bring it up. I asked her if she could recall when the last time she had to awaken me because of the tooth clicking might have been, she said it had been quite a while, and I said, well, this is why. She said, well, if it works, and if I'm comfortable with it, she's fine with it. 

Since then, once the kids are asleep, and we are up in our room, I have been open about walking around, or watching TV, in a diaper. I started by wearing only plain white diapers in front of her, but lately I have worn a couple of printed ones, and she hasn't brought it up or acted like she's noticed. I think that, to her, a diaper is a diaper. That said, I haven't worn one with a truly infantile print on it. Last night I wore a Rearz Barnyard, for example, but the Bambino Classico, with the print consisting of blocks that spell "Baby" might be a bit much. 

As to my wearing 24/7, I have not brought that up at all. I am moving the goalposts slowly, by openly staying in my diaper in the morning for a bit (assuming the kids aren't around), and she hasn't commented on that, and at night, shortly after the kids are asleep, my diaper comes out, if circumstances allow. My feeling is that I should be happy to have arrived at where I am as smoothly as I have, so I shouldn't push it further right now, because I could easily lose all the ground I've gained. 

I know all to well about grinding teeth.  I do it even now I only have 7 left.  I still grind from time to time.

As for my diapers I wear them here and there not ready for the 24/7 plunge but I will get there.

I went shopping this weekend for shorts for the summer;  I haven't bought any in about 5 years and the ones I own are starting to look a bit sad. (Keep in mind that where I live, shorts are really only an option for about 1/4 of the year so arguably they have a bit more than one year's mileage on them...). Anyway, I had a diaper on (as I do now pretty much all the time), so I was able to see how they all looked in that state, and it definitely guided my decisions. The store had some "slim-fit" shorts on sale, for example, and I tried a couple of them on; they went into the reject pile right away. Ever heard of visible panty lines? Well, I had visible diaper lines. The relaxed-fit shorts worked best. I was wearing a Prevail 360, which is a pretty slim diaper, so if that came up on the radar, so to speak, it was a sure sign the shorts weren't going to provide any stealth over something bulkier. 

I also decided to completely dedicate a shelf on my side of our closet to my diapers. I keep bags on the shelf, and then put a selection of diapers into a drawer in my bed-side dresser that I dedicated to diaper use a couple of weeks ago. This will, I'm sure, sound cute to you diaper veterans, but I still get a thrill opening that drawer, and now, seeing that shelf - you could say that my diapers are coming out of the closet, so to speak, by moving into the closet. 

I put on a Bambino Magnifico after showering last night (I had been in a Prevail since dinner and its time was up). I put just a t-shirt over it, and my wife and I watched a TV show we both enjoy. This was definitely another subtle testing of the waters, because the graphics on the entire diaper exterior feature green, pink and blue baby dinosaurs, themselves wearing diapers, holding the numbers 1, 2, or 3 - so, definitely a cute diaper, not plain or medical-looking like, say, a Tena or a MoliCare. My wife didn't comment or seem to notice, so I think I am clear to wear cuter diapers around the house, when the kids are out or asleep. I have always loved being in just a diaper, whenever possible, so it was nice to relax, and not be fretting about what to cover it with.