LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you worry about people noticing you wear nappies?

I gave up worrying years ago. I just wear nappies under my everyday clothes and get on with life. Being incontinent and dependant on nappies hasn't stopped me doing anything I enjoy and if someone has a problem with me being in nappies it's for them to deal with. Who else feels the same.

• Like 1

To my knowledge, nobody can detect diapers under my clothes. I wear around the family as well as out in the neighborhood. I wear cloth diapers and waterproof pants, but they are not so thick that anyone could notice them. I also use a bit of body spray and have had no odor problems, either. I won't wear when out with the car, though.

I always have some concern that someone will notice I am wearing a diaper while I am out and about but I wear clothes that are good at concealing the diaper. I am bladder and bowel incontinent because of a ruptured disc in my lower back and don't have a choice of going out without a diaper on. If anyone does notice I am wearing a diaper and says anything about it, I will simply tell them the truth and let them know how fortunate they are to not be incontinent. That should shut them up pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Not sure "worry" is the correct word for me.

I take caution to ensure that my diapers are not inadvertently displayed.  I don't defecate in my diaper in public.  I don't push the absorbency limits of a diaper when I'm in public. 

At my age I'm not worried if someone thinks I'm wearing diapers.  But I'm also not going to throw my diaper fetish into the faces of the general public.

As a general rule, my diaper is the same thing as underwear, and the same rules apply. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, dyperbole said:

Not sure "worry" is the correct word for me.

I take caution to ensure that my diapers are not inadvertently displayed.  I don't defecate in my diaper in public.  I don't push the absorbency limits of a diaper when I'm in public. 

At my age I'm not worried if someone thinks I'm wearing diapers.  But I'm also not going to throw my diaper fetish into the faces of the general public.

As a general rule, my diaper is the same thing as underwear, and the same rules apply. 

But is that really true...that diapers are the same as underwear?  If so why do we go to great lengths and wear onesies to keep our diapers hidden.  No one I know wears onesies to keep their underwear hidden.  Working industrial maintenance I have seen more butt crack and underwear than I can count.  I never am offended by it or think differently of someone because their underwear or panties are showing.  In my opinion diapers are definatly not viewed the same way by the general public.  I honestly wish it was as simple as wearing underwear.

Get caught with your underwear exposed no one says a word....get caught with your diaper exposed and you would be the talk of the day.

5 minutes ago, MarkSmith said:

But is that really true...that diapers are the same as underwear?  If so why do we go to great lengths and wear onesies to keep our diapers hidden.  No one I know wears onesies to keep there underwear hidden.  Working industrial maintenance I have seen more butt crack and underwear than I can count.  I never am offended by it or think differently of someone because their underwear or panties are showing.  In my opinion diapers are definatly not viewed the same way by the general public.  I honestly wish it was as simple as wearing underwear.

My words:  "MY diaper is the same thing as underwear"  So for me, yes, it's true.

I'm different than you.  I don't wear outside the house for the same reasons you do.  I'm also considerably older than you, so it isn't going to be the talk of the day when someone my age is found to be wearing a diaper.  An ABDL diaper......different story.

I also only wear outside the house on occasion, which is different than you.  I also only wear thinner incontinence briefs (such as the Tighty Whitey/MyDiaper White) when I wear outside the house, which is different than you.  I'm only wearing a diaper because I'm going to be in a situation where I can't go to the bathroom at a moment's notice, such as going to a play.  My ABDL diapers and all my other swag at home are there to satisfy my fetish later at a more appropriate time and place.

So for me, it makes sense that my diaper is pretty much underwear when I'm wearing one in public. 

44 minutes ago, dyperbole said:

I'm different than you.  I don't wear outside the house for the same reasons you do.  I'm also considerably older than you, so it isn't going to be the talk of the day when someone my age is found to be wearing a diaper.  An ABDL diaper......different story.

I also only wear outside the house on occasion, which is different than you.  I also only wear thinner incontinence briefs (such as the Tighty Whitey/MyDiaper White) when I wear outside the house, which is different than you.  I'm only wearing a diaper because I'm going to be in a situation where I can't go to the bathroom at a moment's notice, such as going to a play.  My ABDL diapers and all my other swag at home are there to satisfy my fetish later at a more appropriate time and place.

So for me, it makes sense that my diaper is pretty much underwear when I'm wearing one in public. 

That is very true, clearly it is different for everyone.  So many factors play into it.  Wearing diapers permanently is obviously so much different than every once in awhile.  I never really thought about age playing a factor but it does make since that it does.

Yes and no. Yes I am worried for the fact that I am not incon and really have no easily explainable reason to be wearing. Notice I said easily because my need is emotional and could be explained with many minutes using charts and graphs. Back to the post. I wouldn't want to have a big deal made about it.... bottom line.

As far as how I'm not worried. I don't think anyone is going to really care as long as it isn't hurting them.

No. I’ve long gotten over that particular marker of diaper enjoyment. I worry about why/how/when to tell a girl friend I like them more then who might notice I’m wearing 

I try to be very discrete, wearing the right nappy for the right place/time. I am rather physically active, especially in my woodwork shop, bending and climbing up and down off the floor etc. I wear dungarees there which are a very good ‘consealment’ garment, or shorts with long t-shirt. I know that some have seen the nappy but I think they are so embarrased that they say nothing. Does a nappy flash worry me any more? No, not really.

So many thoughts here I'm kind of afraid to touch this one.  Yes, I don't want people to notice I have a diaper on, which is why I only wear when I go out of town a few times a year shopping or running errands.  Even then I am discreet and try not to wear super bulky diapers that may make people wonder if they see me.  True, as I have said there may have been a few times when I've bent down in a store and my shirt rides up exposing a little diaper out the back of my jeans.  Usually when I'm out of town shopping in diapers it's around Christmas time where my winter coat hides things.

The reason I only wear diapers in public when I go out of town and not my own local area is to minimize the chance of running into anyone I know.  It's one thing if a stranger out of town in a store might notice a little diaper showing out the back of my jeans when I have to bend down and my shirt rides up.  Chances are they probably won't even notice as they pass by.  With people you know, you might never even know they are around until they come up to you to talk because they noticed you while walking around the store.  Strangers will look around the store and see all the people shopping and just pass right over them.  Someone who knows you and is looking around the store will recognize you and come over to say Hi.  That can happen when you least expect it and there you are, bending over to get something on the bottom shelf and a little diaper is showing out the back of your pants when your friend or coworker comes walking up behind you to say Hi.  No, I don't want that to happen.

You have the age old question about what underwear is.  Underwear can be anything you wear under your outer pants and shirt.  Most people think of underwear as BVD briefs, Jockey shorts, boxer shorts and the like.  It's true that diapers are also underwear.  Do you worry about people seeing your underwear?  That all depends on what type of underwear you have on and why.  The average Joe probably doesn't care much if the waistband of his BVD's are showing when he bends down in a store.  Regular underpants are the most common and probably what 85% of people wear under their jeans.  For someone medically incontinent, diapers may be their underwear but they may not want people to know.  Embarrassment, having to explain to a friend who notices, wondering what the reaction is and that the secret will get out to all her friends.  It's the social stigma that everyone has grown up around all these years that make many people think a lot differently about cotton briefs and diapers as underwear.  Sure, diapers are just a form of someone's underwear but it's the type of underwear and the reason a person is wearing them than can be embarrassing and yes, repulsive to some people.  Cotton briefs and panties are to cushion someone's privet parts and add a little more cleanliness and security between body and outer garments.  Diapers are worn with the sole perception that they will be holding a person's bodily eliminations, urine and/or feces that society understands are normally expelled from our bodies into a toilet to be flushed away, not held in an undergarment against our bodies.  Yes, underwear is underwear weather it's cotton briefs, panties or diapers.  It's how people perceive the person wearing the diaper as opposed to cotton briefs.  Those who are incontinent and members here may not care who knows they are wearing diapers because they have a need for them, either medically or mentally.  Others who are not incontinent or do not wear 24/7 but enjoy diapers now and then may not want anyone to find out and those people may worry about it.  It all depends on how open or in the closet you are about your diapers and how you feel about people knowing of your incontinence or need to wear diapers. 

• Like 1

I don’t worry about strangers. I do try to avoid it becoming known around people I interact with regularly and so don’t wear near them (doctor, for instance).

I don’t know if my mom knows. She definitely knew about it when I was a teen; no idea if she thinks I grew out of it. I absolutely do not want family or friends to know, though as it happens I have a kind of legitimate medical excuse, but that’s temporary.

I don’t worry so much about being found out by family or friends because I think it’s mostly invisible.

There have been times when I’ve caught sight of myself in public or with family and realized that, because the way my clothes were hugging me, it was extremely obvious I was wearing, but even then people aren’t looking there, and if they do, they don’t pause to think on it.

yes, 2 reasons, dont want to get caught and because i like my privacy and i dont think anyones underwear should be seen, heard, or otherwise. its just creepy.

my choice and lifestyle is no1 elses business and id like it to stay that way.

• Like 1

There is an age after which it's just not socially appropriate to expose your underwear in public.  That's more of a statement against sagging than anything else, but once you are over that age- precautions should be made to avoid exposing your underwear.  And that's the way I feel about exposing my diapers in public.

I agree with Rusty about the connotation of diapers versus boxers or briefs.  It's still embarrassing if the top of my underwear is exposed, but even more embarrassing if it's plastics tabs from my diaper.  If the diaper has an ABDL pattern, that has another level attached.    I'm probably more conscious of my diapers than somebody who is wearing traditional underwear,  so I go greater lengths to be discreet.   I don't expose the diaper in the public locker room, and won't wear in an environment where I know I will have to expose it (ie- change in the locker rooms, swimming pools, and exposure to my doctor).   I always cover my diapers with a pair of boxers, so my actions indicate that I'm concerned about showing my diapers.

Personally, I don't see a strong difference between the emotional need and the physical need for diapers, other than the obvious connotation of weakness.   While I may not medically need to wear a diaper, I function much better when I wear.  I'm less anxious, and everything is calmer.  It's my safety blanket.   I feel better when I'm diapered, so I wear diapers in public.   That obviously increases the chance of me being seen in public, and I'm mentally prepared if it happens.   My preparation is KISS.  I simply say "I need them."   The only people who really need to know more are the very close friends family.  I'm fortunate that my family is close, but if they aren't- they really don't need to know much more than that.   How I approach my closer friends will depend on the situation.

I don't think many people are looking for diapers on adults, and most would choose discretion if they did notice.  My gut is that an accidental exposure would be the elephant in the room.  I doubt many in public would choose to acknowledge it, especially from a middle-aged man.   They may pity me, but nothing major.   Even with friends in a social situation, I don't think they will dwell on it.   

If you let wearing diapers stop you from doing anything wether they are recreational need or physical need ,they arent diapers anymore they have become a prison with tapes that you confine yourself .

No matter the reason you wear ,if somebody notices , they are going to assume its physical need ,and it's a non issue . They only person juvenile enough to make a scene is trump(I highly doubt you live or recreate any place you would run into him) although at his age he will be contemplating there use soon enough

Sure if your a kid who lives at home ,it's not as simple as tape & go ,short of that "fly little one be free", as far as we know, we have but one chance at life ,it can make you or break you ,obviously if your desire is to commit mass murder in a diaper,I would ask you to reconsider,short off that if a diaper brings you joy,comfort,peace,happiness or any combination of them ,WEAR IT! There is plenty of time to be miserable about what you did or didn't do during your time above ground, don't let something as simple as diaper wearing be something that is an issue for eternal contemplation . Save that for more complex shit that was beyond your control.

I went on a walk to get donuts Saturday morning and I was still wearing my Little Pawz from the night before under my clothes. It was wet and I was definitely waddling a little bit. I know it was something that was making me have a little bit more of a challenge walking so I felt more visible than I normally do. I was happy to go out and certainly happy to change back into my PJs and have a relaxing morning with a fresh pastry afterward.

I do not worry or care if some one notices my diaper, or says something when they do its a medical issue I can not control or change and I have accepted that fact so I am open to discuss incontinence issues if the question ever comes up. I prefer not to have some one notice but its not a big deal if they do.

• Like 1