LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question about Mastodon

So, after all the recent problems with "mainstream" social media, I decided to join Mastodon, but for some reason it's not letting me log in to a different instance than my "home" one.  It just says "invalid email or password" or "Security verification failed.  Are you blocking cookies?"  I've already made sure I have the right information and enabled all cookies (including 3rd party).  But for some reason, it lets me log into and out of my "home" instance just fine.  Anyone know what's going on?

EDIT: I found out it's supposed to work that way, because each server runs independently.  Problem solved.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 12:56 PM, doom_doom said:

They are a hometown favorite here. Have you tried clearing out your caches and the like? Sort of a late reply, but I find most social media has garbage coding.

I'll try that.  Although if I may ask, which servers are the most popular?

On 5/23/2019 at 6:25 AM, diapered charles said:

The heavy metal band, Mastodon, is pretty bad ass. I got to check them out at Epicenter.

They would surely be the elephant in the room.  (No pun intended)

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2019 at 1:53 AM, Firefly 35 said:

So, after all the recent problems with "mainstream" social media, I decided to join Mastodon, but for some reason it's not letting me log in to a different instance than my "home" one.  It just says "invalid email or password" or "Security verification failed.  Are you blocking cookies?"  I've already made sure I have the right information and enabled all cookies (including 3rd party).  But for some reason, it lets me log into and out of my "home" instance just fine.  Anyone know what's going on?

Good for you!!! :) I don't and never will do Facebook, Twitter, or any of the others. I did sign up for PocketNet as I'm interested in block-chain security theory and application. It's super secure and the one very-complex password is generated and used only once. It can follow you around so that only one password is necessary for everything. It's also decentralized, which means there is not one owner or group; it's code base is scattered all other the net. I'm not sure if it's "open source" but I have to guess that it is.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, NateSean said:

I'll give it a look but all social media and indeed every website eventually goes down the same path. 

The problem with networks like Facebook and Reddit becomes an issue of the founders getting way too much power in too short of a time.  Mastodon's approach of having a network of independent servers should avoid that issue.

I use Pleroma which is just Mastodon but with a better(in my opinion) UI. It can interact with all Mastodon instances and vise-versa.

The issue you seem to be having is that you only have an account on your home instance. Instances can communicate with eachother but they aren't so tight that they all share accounts. You would have to make a seperate account on the other instances. Since your account is only actually available on your "home" instance.

Hope this helped.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2019 at 6:25 AM, diapered charles said:

The heavy metal band, Mastodon, is pretty bad ass. I got to check them out at Epicenter.

I saw them twice in St. Petersburg. I agree. They are very bad ass. 

On 9/2/2019 at 5:02 PM, Kootis said:

I just joined mastodon because of all the censorship and bs on fb. I hope fb burns in eternal hell!

*Empties truckload of fb servers into a lava pit*

I know what you mean.  FB really needs to get their act together before all their users leave.

• Haha 1