LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A med supply company’s perspective on us

I stumbled upon this. It’s interesting. Makes me embarrassed by the behavior of some members of our community, but then, I was already embarrassed by them.

https://www.healthwick.ca/blog/the-elephant-in-the-room-abdls/

It’s a blog post from a Canadian incontinenve store titled “The Elephant in the Room: ABDLs”

I think it’s overall accepting and respectful.

Huh, that is an interesting find. I do appreciate how although the author does seem a little confused by it, she very much has a "you do you" attitude. She's running a business and doesn't seem to care who her customers are, as long as they are respectful. I also like how they pointed out some of the benefits of having ABDL customers, such as the high quality product reviews. 

It is a shame (and quite confusing to me tbh) that some people are trying to make it sexual when contacting their staff, that's just not cool and is definitely crossing a line. 

But yes, it's nice how accepting and respectful she is towards us!

34 minutes ago, CuddlesAndLove said:

It is a shame (and quite confusing to me tbh) that some people are trying to make it sexual when contacting their staff, that's just not cool and is definitely crossing a line.

I've heard this from several companies, that they would market to ABDL's more if they didn't call just to "talk diapers" for log periods of time.

This is also the reason I don't have a public phone number

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I've heard this from several companies, that they would market to ABDL's more if they didn't call just to "talk diapers" for log periods of time.

Weeeird. I can't imagine calling a company just to talk diapers. That would feel so awkward and wrong!

I have talked to many incontinence supply companies about diapers.  I almost always know more about diapers than they do.  I am always respectful and as far as they are concerned I am simply medically incontinent.  The one exception to this would be Lora at Personal Care in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  She litterally calls her ABDL customers her babies and you can be open with her.  She knows I am a sissy and love to wear Rearz Princess diapers as I have bought them from her many times.  She is very respectful and understanding.  Never would I act as a baby, call her a Mommy, or talk sexual to her in any way other than sharing my ABDL self with her.

5 hours ago, DailyDi said:

This is also the reason I don't have a public phone number

I agree. But it doesn’t worry me if a company is ABDL aware or not or friendly or not or markets to us or not. They’ll sell to us whether they know it or not, and we’ve never had a problem finding the best diaper vendors.

If you sell them fairly, we will come. 

As for the review part, we do leave the best reviews. It’s easy to spot reviews from us.

• Like 1

For many, diapers are sexual in nature.  Just one of their ways of getting sexually excited and "all".  There are people who call those 900 sex numbers and talk on and on about their sexual fantasies with someone on the other line who gets big money for those calls.  I assume that is why some people will call and bother people who sell adult diapers by talking on and on about diapers.  It's one of their sexual outlets and a way for them to get their jollies.  It's wrong.  A legitimate quick call to a store that sells adult diapers for information on their products, weather they are strictly incontinence or they are also AB/DL is one thing, but to just call and tie up their time talking diapers for your sexual jollies is wrong.  The big difference is with a 900 sex number, you are paying so much a minute and most of that goes direct to the owner of that 900 service as their pay for helping you "get off".  A store that sells incontinence products and ABDL diapers is a business.  They are trying to help customers and run their business.  They aren't there with a 900 "Diaper Sex" line that they make money off of.  For every minute you sit there talking about diapers just to get your thrill is minutes taken up by the person on the other end of the phone who is being paid by their employer to work.  In essence, if you tie up an employee by just talking diapers on the phone with no intention of making a purchase, you are stealing from that company's owner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/18/2019 at 6:45 AM, rusty pins said:

For many, diapers are sexual in nature.  Just one of their ways of getting sexually excited and "all".  There are people who call those 900 sex numbers and talk on and on about their sexual fantasies with someone on the other line who gets big money for those calls.  I assume that is why some people will call and bother people who sell adult diapers by talking on and on about diapers.  It's one of their sexual outlets and a way for them to get their jollies.  It's wrong.  A legitimate quick call to a store that sells adult diapers for information on their products, weather they are strictly incontinence or they are also AB/DL is one thing, but to just call and tie up their time talking diapers for your sexual jollies is wrong.  The big difference is with a 900 sex number, you are paying so much a minute and most of that goes direct to the owner of that 900 service as their pay for helping you "get off".  A store that sells incontinence products and ABDL diapers is a business.  They are trying to help customers and run their business.  They aren't there with a 900 "Diaper Sex" line that they make money off of.  For every minute you sit there talking about diapers just to get your thrill is minutes taken up by the person on the other end of the phone who is being paid by their employer to work.  In essence, if you tie up an employee by just talking diapers on the phone with no intention of making a purchase, you are stealing from that company's owner.

I think the larger point is that it’s a form of sexual assault, no different than approaching someone in person to do the same thing. Wasting someone’s time pales in comparison, no?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, willnotwill said:

While it's improper, please avoid the exaggeration.  It's not assault, sexual or otherwise.   You cheapen the victims of real assault by such histrionics.

Fair. You’re right. The term gets used too broadly.

However, if someone approaches someone else in person and attempts to verbally satisfy their sexual urges at the other’s expense, what would you call that?

Call it sexual harassment maybe, but it’s more than improper. And I don’t see that it being over the phone makes it any different.

• Like 1

Interesting read. I hate that there are people who treat customer service like a phone sex hotline. Anyways, I think it's good that medical supply companies are begining to acknowledge this community and are open to supporting us. In my experience with NorthShore Care it has been nothing but positive interactions. I love that NorthShore even carries Crinklz diapers.

• Like 2

I order diapers from this company.  This is a very good company for diapers if you live in Canada.  The orders are ALWAYS in plain brown box's.  They have very good quality diaper brands including some adult baby diapers.  You can also request free samples with your order.  I would highly recommend them.

• Like 1

I have bought from Healthwick many times and have always been treated like any other costumer. That's probably because I am just like any other costumer. I am buying  products they are selling. They sell Crinklz and Rearz Safari diapers so they are very AB aware. For me, it's important to be respectful to anyone I am dealing with whether I'm buying diapers or anything.

I've talked to several companies (NSC, Vitality, some others).  They knew that I wasn't incontinent but as long as you're respsectful to them, they usually are to you.   I remember having one tell me about other products and then stop herself and say "I suspect you probably only want plastic backed briefs."   Apparently, I wasn't the only one buying from her who had expressed that preference.

• Like 1