LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Remembering Dr. Brian Zamboni

Dr. Brian Zamboni, who has given us what is currently the most significant body of work on the ABDL community in medical literature, passed away last week.

An ongoing issue facing the ABDL community is people who, claiming to be scientific, assert their own dogmas on what infantilism is.  In contrast, Brian demonstrated a key virtue of science - he asked. 

He contacted me back in 2010. Hoping to better understand the interests of some of his patients, he and Dr. Kaitlyn Hawkinson were preparing a survey of the online ABDL community.  Having some familiarity with my prior ABDL survey series and analyses, he was wondering if I would be willing to look over their questionnaire.  The data from that survey was the basis for several papers written or coauthored by Brian, as well as a few works by others, including at least one thesis and one dissertation.

Brian and I were also working on another paper together, based on data from the ABDL survey series.  If our paper is eventually published, it will be largely due to Brian's patient and invaluable help with the manuscript.

I regret that I only knew Brian from afar, and all too briefly.  His several papers on the ABDL community have helped to document our interests and diversity for the medical community, broadening understanding.  He - and his contribution to our community - should be remembered.

• Like 3

Can’t say I knew him, or of him, but I can respect his endeavors. Anyone trying to understand, sort out, and shed some positive light on the subject, will be missed. RIP.

• 3 weeks later...

Missed this one- it's indeed a loss to us. There are many who use unscientific methods to research then make claims they shouldn't. And many operate under a thinly disguised veil of propriety and push their views (which they claim are unbiased) onto others using their so-called "data".

I think that in time there will be more research done at higher levels on being ABDL, even if that happens only because most other subjects have been fully delved into and exhausted for content.

Bettypooh

I'm sorry for your loss. I didn't realize these studies were being written - they are great work. Too bad that two of them are under embargo by the institution where I have access. The others are a great read. I hope you are able to help carry out his legacy and publish the paper you've written together.

No, unfortunately both have a moving wall where they're available 18 months after publication. I could ILL them but I'm pretty sure I still know somebody in that office and they'd handle the request. Anyway they'll become available - something to look forward to. By my count this survey yielded 5 publications and as you said, a thesis and a dissertation. I hope that the work you did with Dr. Zamboni makes it out there too.

• Like 1