LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ABDL privilage?

Do you think we all have privilege as a ABDL? What about diaper privilege? 

At least we don't have to stop for the bathroom because we can just go. We also don't have to worry about how much we drink because we can just go without having to hold it and struggle to make it to the toilet. 

As for ABDL, I can't think of any privilege because anyone can just sleep in a crib if they want to or wear a diaper or have a nursery if they wanted to. Those who do have a nursery were just other privileged because they had the right home for it and maybe they live on their own and have a way of hiding it or they have friends and family who are accepting. If someone was able to buy a ABDL crib were class privileged. Those were were able to make their own had that privilege because not everyone can make their own crib.

But I do think diaper privilege exists and anyone can get it just by putting on a good diaper. 

• Confused 1

I think you're abusing the concept.    The fact that some actions you take in life result in benefit isn't the "privilege."    It's not that you were born into a class with certain benefits.

Even those born incontinent while they might have some privilege from wearing diapers certainly get a lot of hindrance from their condition as well.

But there are benefits from choosing to wear diapers.   My wife asked me one time on a long drive how I managed to not need to go to the bathroom and then she deduced "you've got a diaper on."    I've had other times where I've worn and it's worked out well from not having to leave my seat at the ballpark to times when I probably would have had rather severe fecal accidents (I have some latent issue IBS or food allergy that the docs haven't pinned down that hits me from time to time and there's been more than a few times I've not made it to the toilet).

• Like 2

Many people misunderstand what privilege is. It just means you benefit from it like there is white privilege, cisgender privilege, straight privilege, etc. it does not mean you don't have any problems and are not suffering from any issues you are having. You can even google white privilege and other stuff and you might be surprised. The term privilege has changed. It does not mean you have earned it or what you have worked hard for or what has been given to you. 

1 hour ago, Joep said:

Is this a joke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, privilege is an actual thing. Just google it and you find all these privileges people have made up like white privilege, black privilege, cisgender privilege, able bodied privilege and so on. So I realized there is diaper privilege when we put one on. 

Nope, privilege is an actual thing. Just google it and you find all these privileges people have made up like white privilege, black privilege, cisgender privilege, able bodied privilege and so on. So I realized there is diaper privilege when we put one on. 

I think I found the butt of the joke anyways. Listen just because google says it’s a thing does not make it verifiable true. Let’s debate

• Like 1

The OP seems to misunderstand the concept of "privilege".

Literally, you don't have to do anything to be conveyed the benefits of privilege.  Just be, for example, a white male.  Which happened as an accident of birth.  

Choosing to put on a diaper is an action that creates a whole different set of circumstances that did not exist before you chose to put it on.  You have the convenience factor, but you also have risk factors.  Either way, it was an active choice, not something that happened because you were born the "right" skin color or with the "right" sexual organs. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Joep said:

I think I found the butt of the joke anyways. Listen just because google says it’s a thing does not make it verifiable true. Let’s debate

Sure, knock yourself out. Many people disagree with privilege and others agree with it so it leads to a debate. 

Sure, knock yourself out. Many people disagree with privilege and others agree with it so it leads to a debate. 

Ok define privilege

Look, it does not privilege that I take an umbrella with me and I don't get wet when it rain.    It would be privilege if someone let me stand inside a doorway because I'm white while excluding those who are black.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Joep said:

Ok define privilege

Something you benefit from or have advantages too. Everyone has privileges. If you are trans, you will have white privilege. If you're gay you will have white privilege. If you are black, you will have cisgender and straight privilege. If you are poor, you will still have white privilege and so on. If you are rich, you will have rich privilege. 

Having privilege does not mean you don't have disadvantages or have a perfect life and are free from mental issues or health issues or life issues, etc. I have even discovered there is continent privilege. If I run out of diapers or having problems with money, I can just give up diapers to save money. There is a privilege there. If I am in need of a new diaper and I have no way of changing, I can just hold it. That is a privilege there. 

Hey is wearing 24/7 a privilege? Not everyone can do it. Same as not everyone can have a AB nursery or buy AB clothes because of how pricey they are. I say that is part of being class privilege and while I do have more privileges than poor people, there are people out there who have more privileges than me because they make more money. 

The best description I've seen of "privilege" in the modern context is something that never contributed to any hardships you may have had. For example, in the case of white privilege, it is not to say that white people are not immune to hardships, poverty, etc. but the color of their skin never contributed to these circumstances. Therefore, in these circumstances and especially since ABDL is not a public attribute of daily life, no there is no such thing as ABDL privilege.

When I was a kid, privilege meant something you are given or handed out or have earned. Like watching TV was a privilege or riding my bike or having my dolls or not being made to stay in my room all day. Also earning a toy was a privilege because you worked hard. 

Now today the way I see it being used just means something you benefit from or have advantage to. Most people think privilege still means the first one, not this one. 

• Like 1
Something you benefit from or have advantages too. Everyone has privileges. If you are trans, you will have white privilege. If you're gay you will have white privilege. If you are black, you will have cisgender and straight privilege. If you are poor, you will still have white privilege and so on. If you are rich, you will have rich privilege. 

Having privilege does not mean you don't have disadvantages or have a perfect life and are free from mental issues or health issues or life issues, etc. I have even discovered there is continent privilege. If I run out of diapers or having problems with money, I can just give up diapers to save money. There is a privilege there. If I am in need of a new diaper and I have no way of changing, I can just hold it. That is a privilege there. 

Hey is wearing 24/7 a privilege? Not everyone can do it. Same as not everyone can have a AB nursery or buy AB clothes because of how pricey they are. I say that is part of being class privilege and while I do have more privileges than poor people, there are people out there who have more privileges than me because they make more money. 

So you agree that a fundamental principle of privilege is that a group is marginalized from something based on a quality that is NOT in their control?

23 hours ago, Joep said:

Ok define privilege

Privilege in this context is something conveyed to you as an accident of birth that results in either you getting access to things unavailable to others or you being relatively immune from persecution suffered by others.  Examples:  You're white.  You're male.  Your family is rich.   All these things convey benefits to you that are unavailable to others, and you did nothing to earn them.  

A white person rarely has to fear a cop drawing a gun on them during a routine traffic stop, unless they do something to directly threaten the cop.  Blacks, particularly black men, have to deal with that shit constantly.  That's white privilege in action. 

Privilege in this context is something conveyed to you as an accident of birth that results in either you getting access to things unavailable to others or you being relatively immune from persecution suffered by others.  Examples:  You're white.  You're male.  Your family is rich.   All these things convey benefits to you that are unavailable to others, and you did nothing to earn them.  
A white person rarely has to fear a cop drawing a gun on them during a routine traffic stop, unless they do something to directly threaten the cop.  Blacks, particularly black men, have to deal with that shit constantly.  That's white privilege in action. 

Alright let’s go with that, so is putting a diaper on today an accident of birth? And is that event mutually exclusive. And does that event marginalize people who don’t put on a diaper because they choose not to?

5 minutes ago, Joep said:

Alright let’s go with that, so is putting a diaper on today an accident of birth? And is that event mutually exclusive. And does that event marginalize people who don’t put on a diaper because they choose not to?

Precisely my point.  There is no "privilege" involved here, other than, I suppose, whatever privilege is involved in being able to afford the damn things.  

• Like 1

Is being able to wear diapers a privilege? Not everyone has access to that. Also what about having parents that just let you wear diapers, even 24/7 because you wanted to and they saw no harm in it but it would be your responsibility to change your own diapers and throwing them away and dealing with any teasing and harassment you get with it at school, would this be a privilege too? 

Precisely my point.  There is no "privilege" involved here, other than, I suppose, whatever privilege is involved in being able to afford the damn things.  

Then that would be privileged by class my good sir. I’m glad you are a person of intellect

Is being able to wear diapers a privilege? Not everyone has access to that. Also what about having parents that just let you wear diapers, even 24/7 because you wanted to and they saw no harm in it but it would be your responsibility to change your own diapers and throwing them away and dealing with any teasing and harassment you get with it at school, would this be a privilege too? 

Woah woah let’s take this one step at a time. Nobody said anything about 24/7 or schools or teasing. Go back to square one and let’s not get emotional here. Anyone has the ability to wear a diaper which means that nobody is marginalized. And those that cannot afford diapers are marginalized by economic status and not sexual preference

This whole thread is about ABDL and privilege and people were supposed to add what privilege they think there are in diapers or ABDL or if they agree or disagree and why. 

I suppose being able to wear a diaper could fall under a class privilege than ABDL. (Not to confuse it with IC people)

I suppose being able to order diapers from online and have them shipping to your house when you still live at home could be a family or environmental privilege if everyone is gone all the time and they work all day so you are able to get your package before anyone comes home. 

If you are able to have them shipping to your local UPS or local Fedex for you to pick up and you have a car, you just have a privilege to drive.  If you don't have a car but you borrow one or have Uber or something, that could fall under class privilege or friend privilege or something. Uber does cost money to ride. If you were able to actually get a ride, that would be a privilege you got because not everyone can always get a ride from Uber when they request a ride. Now I wonder if there are city privileges lol. 

1 hour ago, Nat said:

This whole thread is about ABDL and privilege and people were supposed to add what privilege they think there are in diapers or ABDL or if they agree or disagree and why. 

I suppose being able to wear a diaper could fall under a class privilege than ABDL. (Not to confuse it with IC people)

I suppose being able to order diapers from online and have them shipping to your house when you still live at home could be a family or environmental privilege if everyone is gone all the time and they work all day so you are able to get your package before anyone comes home. 

If you are able to have them shipping to your local UPS or local Fedex for you to pick up and you have a car, you just have a privilege to drive.  If you don't have a car but you borrow one or have Uber or something, that could fall under class privilege or friend privilege or something. Uber does cost money to ride. If you were able to actually get a ride, that would be a privilege you got because not everyone can always get a ride from Uber when they request a ride. Now I wonder if there are city privileges lol.

Bottom line is, the act of actually putting on a diaper doesn't convey any privilege.  There may be accidents of birth that make it possible for you to be an AB or a DL or whatever it is you consider yourself, but actually being AB or DL or whatever isn't privilege in and of itself.  

It would be more logical to say an incontinent person is privileged as they have the benefit of being required to wear diapers but most likely wouldn't see it that way.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, willnotwill said:

It would be more logical to say an incontinent person is privileged as they have the benefit of being required to wear diapers but most likely wouldn't see it that way.

I was once talking about privilege to one of my online friends and he asked me if my character in my story would feel she is privileged for wearing diapers at times during certain incidents like when the bus broke down. There are so many disadvantages to incontinence. But people will only look at the good side and call it a privilege. Like a child who is a DL and wants to wear diapers may feel IC is a privilege because they get to wear diapers. I was also asking him if he thinks me getting honored citizen monthly passes is a privilege since I don't have to spend $100 on them and he said it wasn't because of disadvantages and the low price is just to help disabled people out so they can ride. I also asked if me getting extra help with my school work and having my work get modified is a privilege and he said since I have disadvantages that made me needed that, it wasn't a privilege.

When there was a government shut down happening and I was reading how people were not able to take home a paycheck, I told my friend how privileged I felt because of the shutdown affects me, I would still be bringing home money because of SSDI and he said "I can understand why you would feel that way but it is not a privilege." Yes, sometimes you will feel you have advantage to your disadvantage so you end up feeling privileged. My online friend asked me if I think it's a privilege when a parent misses work or has to leave early just because they had to pick up their child from school or because their kid was sick. He also told me there is grandparent privilege because they can be grandparents any time they want by just handing the kid back to their parent when they are done and they can decide when they want to see their grand kids and when they want to watch them while the parents go out. Plus they don't have to get up in the middle of the night to take care of kids. 

Someone once asked on Reddit,  "before anyone decides to call being on welfare is a privilege, do you really want to be unemployed and struggle making ends meet and never being able to afford the same things many people can afford?" I think that person was pointing out the reality of welfare and for those who think people love being on it and want to stay on it and not work and it's not like people want to be poor just so they wouldn't have to work and just collect "free" money from the state. 

• Elfy locked this topic