LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Foley Catheter

How long is it safe to wear foley catherer
In the outpatient setting ,they are changed monthly assuming you are using a sterile closed system to start .if not it has been shown you can have a full bacteria colonization of your urethra/bladder in as little as a week .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I used to play around with catheters back in the days before I turned to stents. I used them free flowing in my diaper. I always pushed my luck to be honest. At times I kept them in for eight days in a row and never had a UTI. Now I know it wasn’t the smartest thing to do so I do consider myself to be very lucky. If you want to play it safe I wouldn’t push it beyond tree maybe four days.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, bungeman said:

well actually just done 28 days/no infection but some discharge from tip of urethra ??/only reason i removed catheter is cause i have a urologist appy soon grrrrrrrrrrrr

28 days with the catheter draining into the diaper? How often did you change the diaper and how often did you shower/clean that region? What is the secret formula? :P Normally, 1-3 days should be a relatively safe limit for open drainage according to my experience.

When I was using a modified Foley (one that had its end 2-3 inches within my urethra) I was able to wear it for 30 days (latex). However when I used a silicon one I was able to keep it in for 90 days with no problems. When it was needed to change I just pulled the retrieval line and removed the plug on the inflation tube.

The durations were suggested to me by a urologist.

1 hour ago, Dragonmiss2013 said:

When I was using a modified Foley (one that had its end 2-3 inches within my urethra) I was able to wear it for 30 days (latex). However when I used a silicon one I was able to keep it in for 90 days with no problems. When it was needed to change I just pulled the retrieval line and removed the plug on the inflation tube.

The durations were suggested to me by a urologist.

lucky you wish i had your urologist grrrrrrrr

My urologist is a friend of mine. I have known him for many years. He has told me that officially he could not condone what I did. Unofficially he said as long as I was not hurting myself to have fun. He just wanted to monitor things to make sure everything was alright. He has gotten approval to place a tandem urolume stent from my insurance company. Not much will change, will still have no urinary control. Will keep dripping 24/7 just like it has for the last 10 months. Just won't have the Foley tube inside anymore.

19 minutes ago, Dragonmiss2013 said:

My urologist is a friend of mine. I have known him for many years. He has told me that officially he could not condone what I did. Unofficially he said as long as I was not hurting myself to have fun. He just wanted to monitor things to make sure everything was alright. He has gotten approval to place a tandem urolume stent from my insurance company. Not much will change, will still have no urinary control. Will keep dripping 24/7 just like it has for the last 10 months. Just won't have the Foley tube inside anymore.

hhmmm...i wish to wear catheter 24/7 but afraid what doctors and urologist might say (think) damnnn grrrrrr

You have to remember they are professionals. No matter what they think they still have to go by the medical standards. They have to make sure that any and all information about you is private. You also have to keep in mind that no matter what they think it is still all up to to you. What you decide to do is what will be done.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah! Tomorrow I get have the tandem Urolume stents inserted. My urologist was able to get it approved on the basis that it would, and I quote, "improve my quality of life". So unlike the modified Foley catheter that I can take out using the retrieval line, the stents are in there to stay. He wants me to come in for checkups at least every six months to make sure everything is alright.

• Like 2
Yeah! Tomorrow I get have the tandem Urolume stents inserted. My urologist was able to get it approved on the basis that it would, and I quote, "improve my quality of life". So unlike the modified Foley catheter that I can take out using the retrieval line, the stents are in there to stay. He wants me to come in for checkups at least every six months to make sure everything is alright.
It's a win win situation for the urologist placing a stent is considered surgery so he will make 8-10$ K plus the stents and then seeing you twice a year ,everything coming out ok" great see you in 6 months is another payday ,easy short office visit doctors love , the average doctors office is scheduling 5 patients in the same time slot ,in hopes 1 actually shows up , if more than 1 does it screws them up and patients get pissed because they stack up like cord wood in waiting room .so they love easy appointments short sweet and pay the same as more complicated ones that require thought .
It's what pain management doctors learned years ago ,if you make the patient get signal or neck injections to get the medication they truly need, its considered surgery and they make a fortune ,it totaly didn't matter the shots didn't help the patient and in fact actually harmed them ,it was money the doctor wanted ,they found a way to get it ,and therein lies the problem with why healthcare is the expensive mess it is ,because there is greed and naked pursuit of a payday built into every level from the doctor to the CEO everybody has got there fingers in the same wallet yours!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On 5/5/2019 at 1:55 PM, Dragonmiss2013 said:

Don't forget to tell us how it was. 

Ow, ow, dull ache. Was told that it will go away in a couple of days. If it lasts longer to go in and have it checked out. That was the bad part. The good part is still leaking uncontrollably and the way the stents are in there should not be any urine retention. Because of that my bladder should shrink quite a bit as there will be no urine being held inside of me. I also like that I don't feel a catheter tube in my urethra. I now have no choice on whether to wear diapers now or not. I cannot just hook the retrieval line and release the water from the balloon to remove it. I still have to go in Friday of next week to make sure everything is in place, no migration. If everything is good then I don't need to see him until my next urologist appointment. Good thing I have been stocking up.

Been doing fine. Pain is gone and I go in for a checkup on Friday. There is now (at least in my mind) more sensation as I dribble. When I get up from a chair or bed there is a faster, larger flow as my bladder empties. In the morning my diaper is wetter than it used to be.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...