LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

One size fits all disposables

They're usually called wingfold diapers or similar.  Here's one I found on the net:  https://www.incontinenceproductsplus.com/Ables-Brief-with-Flat-Fold-Design-Adult-Diapers-p/55398a.htm  It's not available at this site, but it shows some of the features of them which can be used to Google.
I have met paper towels that were more absorbent than these things, they are definately not worth the cost even if free !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

True.

But they do look like 70s style Pampers, which does appeal to me.  I have added boosters inside to increase the absorbency, but when i wear them it's mainly for nostalgia.  

Haven't really bought any in a decade and still have a few for those rare moments I want to reminisce about the days gone past.

• Like 1
True.
But they do look like 70s style Pampers, which does appeal to me.  I have added boosters inside to increase the absorbency, but when i wear them it's mainly for nostalgia.  
Haven't really bought any in a decade and still have a few for those rare moments I want to reminisce about the days gone past.
I have bad memories of incontinence and those being what the hospital considered a diaper, wether wetting or messing it was no secret the whole bed needed to be changed. God bless you for having better memories than my own.

30 to 40 years ago there were a lot of wingfold single tape disposable diapers.  Curity, Ambez, Wings, Hooks and others I can't remember.  To be slightly punish, 40 years ago adult disposable diapers were still in their infancy.  Like Cruiser said, they were about as absorbent as a paper towel, but also back then people weren't as open about incontinence, light bladder leakage and needing to wear protection like they are today.  I'm sure these old diapers filled some type of need back then, way before incontinence products evolved and adult diapers became what they are today.  For a novelty or just to wear without using they might suffice, but as an actual usable product for incontinence, it would almost be better to just wet your underpants rather than rely on any of these old wingfold diapers to keep you dry.  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

30 to 40 years ago there were a lot of wingfold single tape disposable diapers.  Curity, Ambez, Wings, Hooks and others I can't remember.  To be slightly punish, 40 years ago adult disposable diapers were still in their infancy.  Like Cruiser said, they were about as absorbent as a paper towel, but also back then people weren't as open about incontinence, light bladder leakage and needing to wear protection like they are today.  I'm sure these old diapers filled some type of need back then, way before incontinence products evolved and adult diapers became what they are today.  For a novelty or just to wear without using they might suffice, but as an actual usable product for incontinence, it would almost be better to just wet your underpants rather than rely on any of these old wingfold diapers to keep you dry.  

Rusty,you got to go back a lot more then 40 years ago.When my mom first put me back in diapers back in 64 a friend gave my mom those flat disosables.She used them on me a few times and that was it.She said it was like I was still wetting my pants.She never used them again.

When the adult diapers first hit the market they looked like that and I agree they look like the pampers of my youth (or at least my brother's youth, I was in cloth diapers).

I stuck with these for a good long time after the Attend/Depend and other "shaped" diapers hit the market because they were more in line with my memories.

Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn’t a large flat disposable covered with a plastic pant be more effective for side sleepers than today’s briefs?  It seems one could fold and/or position the disposable to maximize side or whatever absorbency is most needed.  You’d have the best of both worlds … the convenience of a disposable along with the functionality of cloth.

• Like 1
On 3/11/2019 at 2:09 PM, rusty pins said:

Yeah, I guess fully incontinent adults back then had to wear cloth nappies and plastic pants, which would be so obvious and impractical they would rarely leave the house.

Yeah, I guess fully incontinent adults back then had to wear cloth nappies and plastic pants, which would be so obvious and impractical they would rarely leave the house.
Yes they filled a need back then ,you never know when a family of incontinent ants are going to come to your picnic . We can't fault them back before fill and SAP and all that good stuff, people made due with what they had ,they didn't know better,or aspire for more than they had , today of course is different .
As an example I came up in the incredible Attends tri tape era ,yup they were completely bad ass diapers back in the day ! Keep those memories ,if you put one on today ? You would be like what the hell was I thinking ? I have met better tampons? these are pathetic ,etc.... so we can't fault them for the period they existed ,yeah today we pretty much consider them a sick joke compared to what we now have .

It's like when I watched the world trade centers being built ,not knowing I would be witness to them fall, let alone a new building go up in the shadow of my brothers lives , we didnt know what we had or what would come down the pipe ,so we were satisfied .and in awe of what wasnt so awesome in retrospect ..

Just like anything else, products evolve.  Need and sales dictate how well a product is designed.  Look at cars over the years.  All electronic, heated seats, AC hook ups, satellite radio, every option in the book as each company is competing for your business.  If there wasn't an actual need for adult diapers with incontinence becoming more open, then we might still have crummy single tape diapers like 40 or 50 years ago.  Before incontinence was openly talked about, people had to suffer or make do with home made remedies or whatever cheap product they might be able to find in some mom and pop drug store.  I remember when I was 18 and working in a grocery store.  One woman would order a case of sanitary napkins each month and she was in her 80's.  Another would order a case of disposable baby diapers for her incontinence.  All that before adult diapers and bladder leak pads were on the market and advertised on TV.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:21 PM, dyperbole said:

True.

But they do look like 70s style Pampers, which does appeal to me.

Me too. Somehow I just love the way the lower rear legs want to gap open and how the seat puffs out and droops. These were the first disposables I ever saw and rekindled my dormant daydreams of wearing diapers and not having to worry about wetting my pants ever again. I still have a couple of those "Curity" adult ones stashed away for a nostalgia trip I'll take someday. Awful diapers, but awesome in the unique look :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

• Like 1