LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting older sucks

As if the bills and work weren’t bad enough, it’s the random pain that’s pissing me off today. I woke up seven months ago, on my birthday of all days, with a terrible pain wrapping around my scapula. Massage, stretching and finally a dozen costly visits to a chiropractor.

My neck and shoulder hurt on Friday, and sure enough, this morning. That pain is back like a thunderous, malevolent bitch demon. And I’m only 30! What bullshit do the next 60 years hold for me?

I blame my parents. They knew things like this would happen when they decided to have me. Another reason I don’t want to have children: it’s a lot to subject a person to with no way of getting their consent. 

Im going to stay in this bad mood until approximately 3pm. That usually helps.

They invented a term for this. “Life sucks, then you die”! But, we all do the best we can, till that day. Or till 3pm? 

I’m the last one who should give this advice, but... If the pain persists or gets worse, see a doctor. 

• Like 1

I get back pain a lot, lower, upper and middle back.  Years ago when I was 30 myself I was on my way to work, sneezed in the car and my back went.  I managed to drive to my parents house 3 blocks away and my dad took me to a chiropractor.  That guy thumped and slammed my back all over the place and then told me to step off the table.  I could not move for over 15 minutes and thought I would be cripple for life.  Finally when I was able to move I could only shuffle like Tom Conway's little old man character on the old Carol Burnett show, and I mean I was even worse!  My dad managed to get me in the car and every slight bump in the road sent me into back spasms  This idiot chiropractor wanted me to lie on the floor and do leg lifting excersizes!  I could barely move!  Finally after 30 minutes at my parents house my mom called the chiropractor to see if he could prescribe me a pain medication, only to be told that he isn't a medical doctor and can't prescribe medication!  My dad took me to the hospital emergency room when I was given pain meds and muscle relaxant shot.  The ER doctor said my first mistake was going to a chiropractor.  I have to 110% agree!  I have never, and will never go to one again!  Maybe they help some people or maybe I just got an idiot, but from that day on I have no uses for any chiropractor.

Im 66.The way I look At is,as long as I can sit up in the morning.put my feet off the bed,and stand up im great.If you can get in the mind set that there are so many people out there who are much worse off then us then you got it licked.Good luck.

Rusty, you had a bad chiropractor. 

So many people in my family on my mother's side have back problems that we all refer to it as "Larsen back". When my wife went to a chiropractor for problems with sciatica, I decided to see if he could help me. He not only was able to help with the lower back pain, but over several visits I learned how to deal with and minimize the pain from muscle spasms that I do get. Now I haven't needed to see him for more than ten years.

Chiropractic is like any other medical field - some practitioners are damned good, and others are quacks.

• Like 1

I feel bad for those that have pain through no fault of their own. I am a gym person and I go just for that. Not to have pains. It helps, but I still get pains, and i am very active. I still say PP Rebel said it best "Life is a gift" ... Hey I live another day to make a big ole mess in my diaper, and pardon my french !!! Enjoy the shit out of it !!!

• Like 1

Yeh, life can be a pain  ...  in the hip, head back and for me the knee. Firstly, A good chiropractor is hard to find so don’t bother. The only thing that has helped me is Pilates. There is a  machine thing, called a reformer, that initially looks a bit evil, but a good instructor will show you how to exercise on it safely and build your core muscles, show you how to walk, bend, stretch and move as the body is supposed to. If they start to show-off then leave the room, this is about you not them showing how clever they are. I am just approaching 70, right hip replaced 10 years ago, and left knee replaced 8 years ago, they are working well but only thanks to Pilates. 

So tighten up those stomach muscles and find a studio to teach you, you will come out of it feeling a thousand times better. And the joy is I wear a pull-up to class under tight gym shorts so I feel good all over.

if you want any more info on it let me know!

Well there are things that aren't so good about getting old, but for an AB there's a lot of good things too.  I'm retired, so I don't have to worry about people at work finding out I'm in nappies.  I can blur the lines between wearing nappies because I want to, and wearing them because I'm starting to need to.  I don't have to look sharp, and baggy clothes are normal for older people.  Nobody's going to look at my backside these days anyway.  And I can be a bit eccentric without it seeming as abnormal - older people can get away with a lot more.

26 minutes ago, Stroller said:

Well there are things that aren't so good about getting old, but for an AB there's a lot of good things too.  I'm retired, so I don't have to worry about people at work finding out I'm in nappies.  I can blur the lines between wearing nappies because I want to, and wearing them because I'm starting to need to.  I don't have to look sharp, and baggy clothes are normal for older people.  Nobody's going to look at my backside these days anyway.  And I can be a bit eccentric without it seeming as abnormal - older people can get away with a lot more.

I’m with you all the way Stroller. I wear dungarees during the day when it is cold and I just look like a (rather old eccentric) kid! Otherwise it’s shorts, all the time with a nappy underneath!

Dungarees!  Just the word alone brings me back many years!  True, English people are more apt to use the word Dungarees that probably people in the USA, but when I hear Dungarees instead of Jeans or Denim overalls, it just seems appropriate for the topic of this thread.

Been a while since I've been on the forum.  Finally retired from work and don't check the computer as often as I should.  I thought the postings from the 30-somethings feeling old is interesting.  At 69, I still don't feel old.   The brain doesn't seem to age like the body does.  I do still enjoy my diapers and agree that with age, no one questions why you might be wearing them.   Kinda like being 3 again!

-Rat

That reminds me of the phrase "Getting older sucks but it beats the alternative". It seems about every 5 or 10 years from my 20's on up I've had to deal with some sort of ailment. Started feeling the effects of arthritis at about 30. Then came the skin problems. At about 38 I broke an ankle that took 5 months to heal.At about 50 I was diagnosed with acid reflux. Not to mention the monthly trips to the chiro since I was 16 .Found out when I was 57 and taking back therapy that I had a bad knee. I've had both hips replaced because of the arthritis and in the last couple of years I've been introduced to good old Mr. Gout. I'd heard about it from the guys I worked with but never knew it hurt that bad. Made me want my arthritis back. LOL. It's all in your genes and there isn't much you can do about it except stay as active as you can. Live life to its fullest!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Dprczyone said:

At about 50 I was diagnosed with acid reflux.

I started with that at 18.  Had it on & off until I retired - taking early retirement partly because the acid reflux got too bad & I ran out of treatment options.  That was 10 years ago, & I've had virtually no problem since.  No job, so virtually no stress.  Another bonus of getting older.

I did throw my back out when I was 17 one time. I slept on it wrong and had a nasty back Spasim that took a whole month to go away. Well I am in the same boat as you. (Turned 30 back in November). Just hoping my back does not do that again. (knock on wood). has not done it since. 

I'm 49 and have had a series of minor medical setbacks over the years.   It's nothing major, but I'll have my 4th medical appointment since last Thursday.  That's a lot for me, but I probably go to my various Kaiser facilities over 60 times a year.  I used to go maybe twice a year.

What I've noticed just how important it is to manage your health as you get older.   I tore my ACL at 21, and the doctor said I would likely have arthritis in 20 years.  At the time it seemed way off.  Well it's been 28 years since I had the surgery, and my knees have hurt for the last 10 years.   Nothing huge- but level 3 pain all the time.   That slowed me down, and I got less and less active.  Last summer I was on a hike with a friend and climbing the hill kicked my butt.   I've never been in great shape, but suddenly I was struggling to walk moderate distances:27_EmoticonsHDcom:

I went from Pre-diabetes to type-2 diabetes in December.  The pre-diabetes did not get my attention, but the type-2 diagnosis was the kick in the pants I needed.  I stopped eating sweets, dairy, and drinking soda.  I started to eat small, but regular meals, and most importantly I joined a gym and started going to the classes (which I actually enjoy- in a sick way).   I'm not really trying to lose weight, but I'm back to my college weight (-20 from my weight for the last 20 years).   I feel better and my mental health is better.   My knees still suck, but I no longer walk like a mannequin in the morning.

My favorite line in the Baz Luhrmann's spoken work essay: Everybody's Free

"Be kind to your knees, you’ll miss them when they’re gone"

Most of us with ages that start with a number bigger than 3 know that all to well. 

Aging is not for the weak of heart.

I have heard variances on that for many years, and its true. I love getting older, I'm more confident, knowledgeable, and easier to get along with. Yes, there are ailments- like my knees and my bladder, but so what? I don't want to stay young, which may be heresy on this site, but that's my take.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Getting old is not for wimps, thats for sure. I have been through oral cancer, 10 years ago it started, had 6-7 surgeries radiation chemo, and the years of what I call the Fall out from the radiation damage, in my neck. But I see it as the Dr's have given me over 10 years so far that I wouldn't have had if the cancer hadn't been found, and yes life is very different after cancer. I'm grateful for a wife that's willing to put up with me for the last 24 yrs.  It's been different the last few yrs since I have been dealing with chronic pain, from my body just getting old etc,,, I can't work anymore, I am glad I have good Dr's. But I am on strong pain meds, and  I am still glad to be here, another day. Being home a lot gives me more time to wear and use diapers, thats a win win. :baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon: