LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best diaper for IBS-D

Hi all!

I’m wondering from those that have IBS-D, what’s your preferred diaper choice and why?

I’m not looking for diet advice, etc. just diaper choice based on containment and odor management.

Ideally “premium” isn’t the answer too.

Please provide specifics.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium is the answer. If you’re going to crap your drawers, do you thinking anything not premium is going to contain waste and odor well enough for you feel confident?

Also, no diaper will contain odor for more than a few minutes. Wear plastic pants over your diaper.

l suffered from IBS-D for 15 years if you want any advice on managing it. I no longer have it.

It's been some time since I've had a deep look around but for bowel issues you'll need a product with standing leg guards which fit you well. Based on frequency, amount, and your changing habits premium diapers may be best as they will be better made for the purpose, but if you're looking at frequent changes that will get a bit costly. Even with the best products and attention to your diet, odor control and liquid absorbency will be limited in duration with all diapers.

Another approach which might work for you is to also wear a diaper cover, at least until you've found the level of diaper which you can rely on all by itself. Added logistics but added security too. I wish I could be more specific but I can't; hopefully now that the weekend is here (we get more activity on the Board then) someone will have a better answer for you soon.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

I'd advise against ABDL diapers as they are not meant to be discrete and tend to swell a lot when used.

I wear Abena and am very happy with them. They come in a variety of thicknesses so that you can balance discretion and need to suit your preference or even, as I do, select a different thickness for different parts of the day and when I'll be away from home.

Molicare is another good option.

• Like 2
I'd advise against ABDL diapers as they are not meant to be discrete and tend to swell a lot when used.
I wear Abena and am very happy with them. They come in a variety of thicknesses so that you can balance discretion and need to suit your preference or even, as I do, select a different thickness for different parts of the day and when I'll be away from home.
Molicare is another good option.

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abena, Molicare, and Tena brands are the best known which cater to the incontinent, even to the exclusion of anything ABDL in regards to their products.They know we're out here and wearing their stuff, but they basically ignore us. They make a full range of products so they'll have something for you I'm sure. Fit is very important to containment of leakage and you'd be well advised to try samples before purchasing a bag to see how they work for you. Many of the sources listed on this site sell samples and while the cost per diaper is high, it's better than losing most of a bag for their not being usable. Not sure who makes them but there are also liners made which will contain solids and can be removed allowing longer wear of the diaper which will not be directly soiled.

Start with these companies products, and with a bit of experience you'll find your best solution.

Bettypooh

I have used  the Hartman  Molicare Premium Super  M  (European version  NOT plastic  backed )   from start  and i will continue to do this  for  the rest of  my life as it has yet  to fail   me and  i have  had FULL nr 2   loads  and it still keeps  it contained    .+  its also highly absorbent  so  said moisture coming from the loose  feces  will be  absorbed  as well  and as i also Urine  it does  the job that way as well .  And as  been stated  said brand   is  aimed fore heavy IC  and even bed  or crippled  individuals + (over here utlist  Not that expensive  i have to say )       

As others suggested  i agree  you need to ad   a  pair  of  PUL /PVC   Diaper cover  to give you that little extra protection needed dear             

Hi Molecule,

Below are my thoughts - please note that I am double incontinent, but primarily fecal incontinent.

First of all, the diaper must fit your personal anatomy well.  The leg gathers must be snug around your legs.

A good diaper for bowel incontinence has "sag space" or a "fecal containment zone" - i.e., extra space in the rear to accommodate feces to keep them from flowing over the leak guards.

For IBS-D, tall internal standing leak guards are more important than high absorbency.  Most reasonably good diapers have enough absorbent mat for diarrhea as, past a certain point, fecal matter tends to clog up the mat and limit its absorbency.  That is why high leak guards are so essential.

For most of us, after a bowel accident we must sit down to remove shoes and trousers.  This usually is the point of diaper failure.  In doing that we apply pressure that forces the fecal matter against the leak guards or over the leak guards and against the leg gathers.  Good leak guards should be both high and stiff.

I recommend ConfiDry Dry 24/7 diapers.  They have been my go-to day diaper for years and I have used cases of them.  They are very cost-effective in their category.  The North Shore Care Supreme diaper also is a good choice.

This will sound gross, but after accidents you should examine the diaper to see how the leak guards performed.  With some brands you may find that leak guards that looked good in the new diaper actually tore or even collapsed to permit fecal matter to push against the leg gathers.

Regardless, you absolutely should wear "plastic pants" over your diaper.  I use Garywear PUL pants.  Vinyl plastic pants work very well and are less expensive  but wear out sooner.

I hope this helps a little.

--John

(double incontinent, diapers 24/7)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I been using betterdry it has a high leak guard front to back. Northshore supreme is another daily wear with me. I don't have very many incidents with ibs 4 or 5 times a year. Usually caused by my lactose intolerance. My main problem is bladder issues which betterdry and Northshore are my trusting brands.

• 1 month later...

Certainly look for products with tall standing leak guards,  Molicare And Some Tena products has some really  good standing leak guards, Northshore Supreme and Megamax, Dry 24/7 ,  Rearz Inspire + and  Betterdry all have really tall standing leak guards However Many barrier creams tend to break down the glues that hold the products together so some of these may have great leak guards but once in contact with many common barrier creams (zinc oxide seem to the biggest issue)  they no longer stay together. which is a curse as with bowel issue you really do need both barrier creams and Standing leak guards.

I work night shift from home and had a major IBS diarrhea flare up overnight. I Completely filled 3 Seni Super Plus diapers in about 6 hours.  I was suprised I did not have any leaks on any of the accidents because each diaper was a total runny mess. I will be going to bed soon and hopefully my intestines are empty now and I won't have any more accidents.

Confidry 24/7. The leak guards are tall and run the entire length of the diapers. I have had some huge and I mean HUGE accidents in them and it never once leaked on me and I have been using them for several years now.

• Like 1