LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

"Normal" Incontinence Products

As you read this...don't immediately flame me for the title.....

I've had an non-incontinent DL diaper wearer.  I wear for pleasure when I can.

My wife has known since we got married....she was not particularly happy when I told her....we don't speak about it and I never wear when she and the kids are home.  Not wonderful...but it works and since she and the kids visit the in-laws a lot...it sort of works.

But here's my issue.  About 2 years ago, she asked me to speak with a couple where the husband had just had prostate issues and had become partially incontinent. It was hard on him, and he wasn't always compliant and had accidents.  He mostly responded by not leaving the house...something that actually upset both of them and was not a solution. 

We chatted, my wife gave them the impression I was in the same boat...and thank heavens, not a pervert.  One of their big issues was, that common off the shelf products didn't work for him, particularly at night...leaks always occurred...  They were totally unaware of any of the "functional" incontinent products available through on-line ordering.  I told them now to find them and how to search for other products (both re-usable and disposable), support, discussion groups, blogs etc.  They were also totally unaware of the availability of cloth diapers, and as the wife keep saying, "rubber pants".  We discussed those sources as well. 

I have to admit, I was mortified the entire time...and highly embarrassed.....but was glad I could actually help someone who needed it.

My wife ran into his wife about a year later....and she was very thankful....they found the products they needed and were leading a more normal, outgoing life.  She even conspiratorially admitted to my wife that she had "found" some cute print diapers on line.....and she was "dressing" him in them.....much to his dismay.  She also mentioned, wife to wife....that their sex life was finally back on track....and becoming more interesting.  I don't even want to think.....

Fast forward to 3 months ago.  Similar situation came up.  Again, I spoke with the couple, he was devastated by the concept of wearing diapers...particularly since anything they found at the local "Walmart or drug stores".....were "absolute garbage"....."might as well wear a garbage bag", he kept saying.

So my question is....how can the Walmarts and drug stores continue to sell stuff that probably is useless to a majority of the incontinent population?  And we are not talking about a bag or two here or there....take a look next time you're out....dozens of products....yards and yards of shelf space....for garbage.

While I enjoy wearing diapers, I'm glad I am not incontinent as far as the expense, fuss, leaks, attention are concerned. 

But some company should try to at least help make these folks lives functional again.....  For heavens sakes, make a functioning product!

Rant over....

The "mainstream" brands have the advertising and marketing power to push their products onto shelves, where smaller (but better) companies can't afford to spend millions to make their brands a household name.

But yeah, I wish there was better products available to the masses. I had a similar situation when my Dad was declining and needed pull-ups, but thankfully I was able to quickly ditch the hospice provided paper-thin pants with a better product that kept him drier and more comfortable.

• Like 1

It also doesn't help that in almost every commercial I've seen for the off the shelf type incontinence products, they are marketed as being "for occasional bladder leaks". While I'm sure that will work for some people, many others will need something more substantial for their issues.

And some of them must be so occasional that you don't mind it leaking.   I got some of the Willows which I can't figure out what they are good for.   Even the smallest amount of urinary leakage gets through them.

There are three types of incontinent products / pads / slips.... DIAPERS (lets call a spade a spade)

Type A

The adult diapers that are sold in normal retail (supermarkets / hypermarkets etc) are designed to fulfill a need - the need for the retailer to make as much profit from the non-talked about adult need for diapers. Due to the subject being taboo, these retailers can make the product as junk as possible and still have a market.

Type B

The adult diaper sold to institutes (hopsiptals / care homes etc) where the manufacturer wants to comply with the typical analysts' needs - ie the product is changed as soon as it is wet / soiled. As a result, capacity is not a major concern. These products are designed to allow as much air reach the skin 24/7/365 and collect soil on a very tight cost per article. This tends to suit administrators / stock controllers / order clerks where they look at quantity vs cost rather than functionality. When these people look at functionality, they are asking a doctor / head nurse who, for insurance purposes, suggest that changes happen every hour or less.

Type C

This is the type that is sold to the end user directly. AB/DLs require bulk and absorbancy. Wheelchair users / non mobile, since their crotch area is hidden, also want absorbancy and do not care whether the diaper is bulky. A few adult diaper companies have targeted this market since the tend to get this type of customer for life.

What the mobile person is looking for is a body fitting diaper that is absorbant enough to last 4 to 6 hours without leaks, and small enough to be able to be folded into a small bag / large purse etc. P&G / Kimberly Clarke etc have done the research to create similar for babies, and have released some of the technology to the adult diaper manufacturers. However, not all the technology is available. As a result, there are multiple types that suit at different times...

Pull-ups : Thin and body hugging - decent absorbancy - difficult to change without getting fully stripped.

Belted: Thicker than pull-ups and bulk can be noticed - more absorbant, but then to droop - easy to change while standing.

Part mat Diaper: Thicker and body hugging until soaked - daytime ok - overnight poor (leaks at sides) - needs experience to diaper oneself standing - large even folded up, so need diaper bag etc.

Full mat Diaper: Thick and bulky - daytime noticable, better for overnight - needs experience to diaper oneself standing - large even folded up, so need diaper bag etc.

As a result - it really depends on ones incontinence level to what 'protection' one needs

Post void dribble = pad / pull-up

Urgency = pull-up / belted garment (thin belted garment better if change as soon as wet)

Multiple urgency / constant slow dribble =  Part mat diaper (daytime) full mat diaper night

Liquid leaking from bowel = thin belted garment change as soon as soiled

Semi solid bowel = Part mat diaper (daytime) full mat diaper night

Reflex* bladder and/or bowel = Part mat diaper (daytime) full mat diaper night

*Reflex = soils during / shortly after food and/or drink

Any form of overflow (bladder and/or bowel) requires a full mat diaper that can handle two full wettings / messings. Otherwise, you will be in a situation where you will leak. 

Remember, diapers of any type need a slight change in your wardrobe.

- Longer t-shirts / shirts / tops that you wear NOT tucked in - ie the extra material covers your diaper area.

- Jackets that are free-flowing at the waist

- Baggy shorts / trousers / longer knee-length / ankle-lenght skirts (for those who wear skirts).

The looser you wear your clothes creates illusions :- 

1. No longer look / exagerate ones fat. 2.Anything that is tight to the body (like a diaper) is not shown.  3. Free flowing clothes on a person tend to enhance ones look. It also gives the image that this person is confident.   

I recently went through something similar with my distant brother who underwent bladder surgery. I mentioned only my physical need, nothing ABDL. I love my brother and I didn't want him to suffer needlessly in any way but such as this is never an easy conversation when they are going to ask about the source of your knowledge. Which they will do. If necessary tell a lie about having a neighbor or an unnamed friend as where you learned but don't leave someone you care about suffering where you can help.

The store-brand crap is meant only as light temporary assistance, for those who are too embarrassed to speak with a Doctor about it, and for those whose problem is essentially age-related and minor. It does suck that they  do not address greater needs but that's by plan because they're driven only by corporate profits- they don't give a d@mn about people's suffering. Consumerism at it's finest I guess :angry2: What PO'es me even more is that many Doctors and Medical Supply stores offer only institutional grade stuff which is only better in that insurance may pay for it. The many who need more or better are left to find that on their own, which luckily for them it fairly easy to do online. While we're an ABDL site mostly, we do see our share of those inquiries in this special forum and TBH it makes me feel good that we help people get better lives by the doing of this. It helps keep us being compassionate and caring and that benefits the whole world including our own selves.

If you're Doctor or Medical Supply store doesn't seem to know any better educate them, and press them to do better. Its about helping those in need, not profits alone.

Bettypooh

17 hours ago, babykeiff said:

Part mat Diaper: Thicker and body hugging until soaked - daytime ok - overnight poor (leaks at sides) - needs experience to diaper oneself standing - large even folded up, so need diaper bag etc.

Full mat Diaper: Thick and bulky - daytime noticable, better for overnight - needs experience to diaper oneself standing - large even folded up, so need diaper bag etc.

I’m not familiar with the terms “part mat” and “full mat” diaper.  If full mat indicates padding extends to the edges I’d like to try them at night.  The only product I find explicitly labeled full mat is a Prevail brief which is rated at only moderate absorbency.  Are there others?

https://www.vitalitymedical.com/prevail-ib-full-mat-adult-briefs-ib012a.html?matchtype=&network=g&device=c&adposition=1o2&keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn_Xcx6j14AIVl1YNCh1EwgjtEAQYAiABEgLK7_D_BwE

WBxx

a lot of adult diaper companies advertise their product as 'full mat'. The difference is the amount of padding within the diaper.

A part mat diaper padding is rectangular in shape with no padding on the wings either at front or rear. There are many tricks that the companies use to disquise this - ie 'flexible' / breathable wings etc.  Examples are  Inspire RearzDry 24/7Seni BriefsAbena Breifs

In full mat diapers, the padding extends to include the front and rear wings. Examples include First Quality Prevail     and Tranquility ATN amongst others. These are the type of diapers required for overnight / wheelchair users etc where the absorbancy and coverage is complete and not in the rectangle under the centre of the body. With a side sleeper, without the padding on the wings of the diaper, the diaper WILL leak.

The reality it that more and more manufacturers are producing the 'part mat' diaper with the excuse that it is 'better for you' 'healthier' amongst others.

Supermarket disposables take the advantage to get know diapers exist as a solution and are on the shelf available for a raisonable price and discretion. Sure products are not as good as real brands.

Doing some researches the person can find its way for a better product elsewhere like specialized stores or online.

Personally I don't blame supermarket diapers because their absorbancy and price fit my need enough for nights between working days and short wearing time period approx. 3 to 5 hrs on other days.

Their is also a period of time to learn how to fit tapes correctly to avoid leak. Onesies help may help a lot to maintain, that's is often ignored as well.