LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Baby Blanket

LtlGary

Do any of you still have your baby blanket? I still sleep with mine, though I wore it out so badly my Mommy had to sew it up into a pillow. I'm currently cuddling it right now as I type this! :)

I have never had a baby blanket, I had and have stuffed toys. I think mom thought the stuffies are cuter and easier to interact and play with(what kind of adventures can you have with a blanket, comparing to an awesome animal buddy?). Personally, I have never understood why some kids like blankies, they hold no appeal to me. I got to know blankies exist only when I was in my twenties, to be honest. No relative or friend had had such. 

Sure, some babies might like to hold and carry a blankie, at least I’ve seen it on videos, but when they get older they often seem to switch to stuffies and other toys. I never had to give up my friends, I still have several of my baby stuffies. As an adult, when starting to experiment with my little side, I bought different toys and tried what I like. Also a blankie(with an animal head, so it would be a bit familiar). I tried to cuddle it and feel it against my cheek and such but nothing really happened. It was dead to me. Just stared at me. I felt stupid. But when I take a plushie I like I feel it’s kinda alive, it understands my thoughts and listens and it has feelings and needs and so on and I just need to have it close by and hug and pet and kiss it and everything because it’s my little friend...

I have kept the animal blankie though. It’s part of my ”let’s start being little -routine”. I brush my cheeks with it for a moment as a part of getting in the right headspace(even though I have never really, really been in little headspace since I always have little traits showing but I never go deep enough to be truly little). I guess I don’t want the poor blankie to feel left out. Other things that are part of my routine are choosing a paci and a clip and lying on my huge pillow and huge blanket, on my thick rug, and throwing a soft jingling ball in the air. A plushie is nearby all the time of course. I also sharpen my teeth a bit with my chewing toy. And play with an animal rattle that also honks and has a tickling furry tongue.

Am I weird or can anyone relate?

i had one, used to put my teeth inbetween the threads and pull, until i was like 4. ended up tearing it to pieces and eventually threw it out when i was 10. no regrets. im more into stuffies and plushes than blankies.

i still have my original baby blanket from when i was first born.. we used it with my son and believe it or not.. it is still in pretty good shape.. I am 52 so it speaks to the quality of stuff made way back when..

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

I totally understand the appeal of plushes but I just never liked them as much as my blankie. I took it with me everywhere and would get separation anxiety if i ever lost it. Its also a great help when i have anxiety attacks.

I dont have blankets from when I was a baby as I more had plushies but my Daddy bought me a really cute Paw Patrol blankets for our bed and a smaller white one with silver stars and a bear embroidered on it to go in my diaper bag for when we travel.

Little kaiya

I don't think I even had a baby blanket when I was a baby but now I've got two giant baby blankets my girlfriend got for me I keep one at home and the other in my edc pack I take to work and leave in the car with extra diapers wipes powder a change of clothes and a baby blanket 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Snugglebear_69 said:

I dont have blankets from when I was a baby as I more had plushies but my Daddy bought me a really cute Paw Patrol blankets for our bed and a smaller white one with silver stars and a bear embroidered on it to go in my diaper bag for when we travel.

Little kaiya

I didn’t think about big blankets as blankies, I thought blankies are those tiny things. But if big ones count, then yes, I have several! A basic one at my parents, I use it when reading and writing and watching tv there. At home I have at least three, but my favourite is a giant owl blanket. I spend most of my time under it on the couch, writing and reading on my iPad. When I’m little I spread it on my thick rug, as my playing and napping area. When I go to psych ward or nursing home or such I always take a blanket and plushie with me.

Hi,

I'm sure some people may certainly define blankies as only small ones but others like myself use a broader definition. That's the beautiful thing about this is there's no one "real way" or one definition. Use the defintions and things that work for you ?

Little kaiya

• 1 month later...