LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hi Everyone :)

I'm a professional furniture maker and have been a long time ABDL, and was wondering if there is actually a market out there for ABDL furniture.  If people are interested, I would love to make everything from cribs to highchairs, rocking horses, changing tables, whatever you can imagine.

I'm based in NYC, but also could design them to flat pack and then you assemble yourself, similar to Ikea furniture.

If you are legitimately interested, please reply here or send me a message with what you're looking for, and an approximate price that you'd be looking to pay for it.  I'm not looking to make a huge profit because I do this out of love, but need to make sure it's still viable and that I'm not losing money.

Can't wait to hear from you all!

• Like 1

Sounds great! And I would wish you luck with this. However, trying to attract potential customers, can be tuff. Mostly because, even if you don’t charge much for labor and materials, the shipping weighs push things over the top. Materials + your labor + SHIPPING = buyer sticker shock. 

There are always people, in the AB/DL, little community looking for furniture, but it’s kinda few and far between, and then there is the priciness of taking delivery, as I have mentioned. 

I would suggest, setting up a webpage, with examples of your workmanship, what custom features you can offer, and some prices. Then, maybe you could place some ads on AB/DL, Little, Sissy, fetish sites. 

Keep in mind, allot of people will say, they would love this, or love to have that, but when you tell them it’s going to cost $400 + close to that in shipping, the love dies pretty quick. 

Again, I don’t really want to discourage you from this, but I want to point out some of the realities. 

Kelsey i too am a hobbist wood worker and I have a ton of great tools. Way back when i had a dream to be the premier adult baby furniture maker to the community. I created a few models of cribs and high chairs and even a rocking horse.  I learned very very quickly that hardly anyone wants to pay you what something like that is worth. I was told in no uncertain terms.. I was crazy asking for 450.00 for a high chair..  I would love to see the people that were so outspoken, try and go buy hardwood. They will no doubt get sticker shock. I built my own  crib out of solid white oak. I love it. The materials cost me right at 1000 bucks. It took me several weeks or part time work to cut the wood and finish it. So you have to ask yourself.. What is you time worth. so I offered up cribs like mine, made of solid wood for 1600 bucks. I got a few responses back.. the top they would pay for a crib would be 200 bucks. I couldn't even build a crib out of construction lumber for 200 bucks.

I was heart broken . So now I just build for close friends. I keep my hobby a hobby.  If you plan to do this I wish you luck. with the cost or materials, your labor and shipping, its hard to turn it into anything real.. Sorry to bust your bubble.  feel free to check out my nursery on my profile if you so desire.

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

Thanks Glennie and Bill!!  I mean as much as that's not wonderful news, it's sort of what I'd been nervous about, and I really appreciate you saving me time pursuing something that might not be realistic.

With that said, any NYC babies or mommies or daddies interested in some kind of furniture?  If we can cut out the shipping costs I think I can still make things pretty affordably.  It might not be solid white oak (Glennie that sounds amazing!) but a nice furniture grade ply would still finish really well and be very sturdy.

Oh and Glennie, that rocking horse you mentioned... that wasn't the one with the *special* attachment that I've seen pictures of, was it?  That one seems extra fun for the naughty babies out there (and still pretty easy to make)!

Hugs to all,

Kelsey

12 hours ago, babykelsey said:

Thanks Glennie and Bill!!  I mean as much as that's not wonderful news, it's sort of what I'd been nervous about, and I really appreciate you saving me time pursuing something that might not be realistic.

With that said, any NYC babies or mommies or daddies interested in some kind of furniture?  If we can cut out the shipping costs I think I can still make things pretty affordably.  It might not be solid white oak (Glennie that sounds amazing!) but a nice furniture grade ply would still finish really well and be very sturdy.

Oh and Glennie, that rocking horse you mentioned... that wasn't the one with the *special* attachment that I've seen pictures of, was it?  That one seems extra fun for the naughty babies out there (and still pretty easy to make)!

Hugs to all,

Kelsey

You are welcome Kelsey. I really don’t want to burst a bubble or anything. But there are certain realities to deal with. I can see you have a passion for this, and I really don’t believe that can be hurt, or turned off. This is a good thing. I too, always wanted to make such things, if for no one else but myself at least. My current situation will not allow for it however. I have the tools, and I think the skills to do so. It’s just, I haven’t the room. My garage is to cramped, and jammed with other stuff, to allow set up, and laying out projects. And, I don’t have the room for any finished items to go into. My dream, is to have my own nursery, and build all the items myself, rocking horse, crib, changing table, highchair, playpen. I still hold out hope, one day I will have the means, and the room, to let my creativity fly! 

And, like yourself, once I could have those items made for myself, I’m sure I would want to continue, and at least make them for others who want the same things. Even if, it only mean breaking even on costs. 

I hope you can connect, with some people out there who are truly interested, good luck!  And, if I ever bump into any prospective customers, I will mention you, to them. 

12 hours ago, babykelsey said:

Looking for someone to design some large letter blocks! Not much to the imagination here but I feel like anybody starting with a private nursery shouldn’t spare on the classics like blocks, rolling Ducks on a rope. I guess before I go on any further your more on the crafting furniture side right?

I would pay $300 for giant scaled baby/toddler toys. One in particular would be a classic large sized multi color ball popper on wheels with handles. Just one of my wants.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...