LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper rash or something else?

I'm going to describe something yucky, and if anyone is feeling kind and can share a word of advice, I'd appreciate it.

By accident, I found my perineum (the area between my testicles and anus) hurt a little to the touch. It felt a little off, too. I squatted over a hand mirror, and sure enough there is some red irritation. It sometimes look pretty raw in spots (as in, red, wet looking skin, but not actual wetness) but doesn't really hurt unless I touch it, and then not so bad.

If it's not diaper rash, which I don't think it is, any ideas what it could be and what over-the-counter products to try?

I'd rather experiment with a few ointments before showing that part of me to my young, pretty dermatologist. And I know she's a doctor, but if you knew what I had to do at another doctor yesterday, you'd understand why I want a break from those types of examinations.

Sounds like thrush to me.  That's exactly the same symptoms I had in the autumn & Canesten cream cleared it up in no time.  Use it on anything down there that feels or looks sore or red.

I would just visit your doctor. You could potentially hurt yourself by using things without professional medical advice. It's up to you though.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Kingdark said:

I would just visit your doctor. You could potentially hurt yourself by using things without professional medical advice. It's up to you though.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

That's why I want to try something non-prescription first.

Diaper rah can sometimes be caused by the fungus that causes athletes foot. If that’s the case, over-the-counter remedies for athletes food will work on the diaper rash. However diaper rash can also be the result of a bacterial infection, in which case you will need to get a prescription from a doctor.

Thrush is also a fungal infection, and is common in the groin area, when it's moist, i.e. mainly women & nappy wearers.  Canesten cream is available over the counter in the UK, & is intended for those areas.  Clotrimazole is the active ingredient, in case it isn't sold as Canesten in other parts of the world.  I'd definitely advise trying this before anything that's intended for treating feet.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give clotrimazole a try. How's this for drug store order? Anti-fungal vaginal cream, a woman's razor, Butt Paste, and some chocolate-peanut butter Easter Eggs.

I really am living the dream!!! ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Author_Alex said:

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give clotrimazole a try. How's this for drug store order? Anti-fungal vaginal cream, a woman's razor, Butt Paste, and some chocolate-peanut butter Easter Eggs.

I really am living the dream!!! ?

Good luck.  And I'm not going to be the first to ask what you're going to do with the Easter Eggs ?.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:13 AM, Author_Alex said:

I'm going to describe something yucky, and if anyone is feeling kind and can share a word of advice, I'd appreciate it.

By accident, I found my perineum (the area between my testicles and anus) hurt a little to the touch. It felt a little off, too. I squatted over a hand mirror, and sure enough there is some red irritation. It sometimes look pretty raw in spots (as in, red, wet looking skin, but not actual wetness) but doesn't really hurt unless I touch it, and then not so bad.

If it's not diaper rash, which I don't think it is, any ideas what it could be and what over-the-counter products to try?

I'd rather experiment with a few ointments before showing that part of me to my young, pretty dermatologist. And I know she's a doctor, but if you knew what I had to do at another doctor yesterday, you'd understand why I want a break from those types of examinations.

What you have is a bacterial infection. Normal diaper rash will start to heal over 24/48 hours. This infection needs something stronger and you will need to see your doctor.

The type of rash comes from both urine and the friction of a diaper breaking down the top layer of skin. It can also occur due to the urine soaking into the base of your hair folicles and mixing with sweat. Baby wipes etc are not cleaning the skin well enough. You will need a mild soap and warm water between changes, and rinse the area well. Also, you may need an antibiotic. This type of infection can scar the dermis and needs to be treated before it gets deeper.

I had the same a number of years ago, and it took over 2 months to clear up, and that is with antibiotics.

Get over your over your 'shyness' / 'wishfull thinking' towards your dermatologist. She is the best person to deal with this for you.

• Like 1

If "at-home" treatments do not show marked improvement within a few days, it is time to get professional Medical help before it gets worse. The earlier a problem gets treated, the sooner it will heal and some things can get out of hand quickly.  Skin issues may seem superficial but there's a lot of blood vessels there and it takes very little for something bad at the skin to get into the entire body causing problems elsewhere.

I've had great luck with avoiding skin problems down there which I attribute to how I care for my skin there. I shower twice daily and direct the hottest water I can stand to the area. Then I use a brush to scrub and stretch the skin around and next do the same with soap. Start off carefully with a very gentle brush as it can very easily damage that sensitive skin by too much abrasion, but in time the skin toughens somewhat and both cleans better and resists the bad things on the surface better.You may find a stiffer brush working better in time. If you over-do it stop, giving it time to fully heal, then begin anew but much more gently. The heat will open the pores to perspire which pushes anything in there out, and the scrubbing motion stretches the skin opening those pores and kind of 'squeezing out' the perspiration. In time the scrubbing will feel good tempting you to over-do it; where I stop is the moment when any itchiness is gone. And if the skin does get damaged I use only a washcloth till it's healed. You will lose a bit of touch-sensitivity in doing this but that's a small price to pay in avoiding rashes and skin issues down there. Avoidance is always better than a cure!

Bettypooh