LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diaper advice

I've recently switched to cloth diapers for nighttime use.  I'm wondering how many I should have in stock.  Right now I don't have a very good washing machine, so if I washi more than 3 or 4 I'm going to overload my machine.

I've been using a diaper with the velcro attachments, which I prefer from my experiences with pins.  It would be easier if somebody was attaching the pins for me, but self-diapering  was always difficult with pins.

You need enough so that you are never without. work out how many you need for 6/7 days and get that many. It is a big buy I know, but that way, you will have plenty to rotate and they will last longer.  My baby is in terry cloth and we currently have 6 but we can wash every other day and dry easily. If we couldnt, I would get two more.

Hope it helps.

I've got about a dozen, and wash every two days.  That's plenty, and gives me time for washing and drying without having to worry about running out.  Don't expect the velcro to last as long as the rest of the nappy.  I haven't worked it out exactly, but I guess I'm finding the velcro on mine has had it after about 6 months worn about every 3 days.  Buy some replacement velcro & get ready to sew replacements.  Mummy does mine!

• Like 1

I've got about 6 heavy-weight, 6 light-weight, and four or five pull on cloth diapers.  The variety allows me to adjust depending on whether I've been wetting heavily, or light, or been drinking, or just taking a nap in the afternoon.  Variety is helpful.

9 hours ago, justforfun said:

Variety is helpful.

That's true.  I've got 3 different types of cloth nappies I wear regularly, & a few others I wear occasionally.  If I get a bit of chafing I switch, for instance, until the problem goes away.  And sometimes I need to go a long time without a change so wear extra padding.  And sometime stealth is important, and then I wear something thinner.  And I usually carry a disposable pull-up for "just in case" because it takes very little space up, and can get me out of a hole sometimes - e.g. when plastic pants rip.  And there's no cloth solution for long hikes (for me, anyway) , so pull-ups are essential for then.

• 3 weeks later...

I have at least 3 to 4 dozen that I have accumulated through the years. I wash a load every three days as that is all my pail and my washing machine can hold/handle. If I go longer than 3 days the diapers get pretty ripe and they stink up my basement. I have no control of my bladder so I normally go through 2 or 3 prefolds during the day and a double prefold at night. That means that I am washing around 15 diapers every 3 days. You also need to figure the ones you wear when the others are in the wash. If you wear 24/7/365 like I do then I suggest having at least 2 dozen diapers. I do occasionally wear disposables but prefer cloth diapers. 

I have 18.I wash mine every 6 days.When I take them off I rinse them out in the shower.I run the shower hose over the diapers until the urine runs clear.I dump most of the poop in the toilet.Then I hang them up over the shower curtain till they are dry.

• 2 weeks later...

I have about 24. I wash every other day. I use cloth diapers 99% of the time. The only time I use disposables is when I go to the doctor. It is not that hard to use cloth all the time. I wear work jeans with suspenders all the time and everyone is use to seeing me dressed this way and are use to the bulge of the diapers.

• 3 weeks later...

It is ideal to wash and dry cloth diapers every other day. This is efficient when you have a home laundry. However, it is extravagant if you need to use a coin laundry. Thus you need to calculate how many diapers you will wear between washing sessions, then add at least one more to wear during the washing session.