LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Diaper Change Friendly Restroom

Today while traveling, I went into a men's restroom to change my diaper at Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport and was in awe of the handicapped stall located inside the restroom.  The stall itself was basically a room that was honestly bigger than most family restrooms.  You had your own sink and trash can to dispose of your diaper and plenty of wall space next to the toliet to change easily why standing up.  The toilet area was around the corner from the door so you have complete privacy.  I wish all bathrooms were created like this!  

15510_320x240.jpeg

15512.jpeg

15511_240x320.jpeg

Hadn't really noticed, but now that I think of it, virtually every place I frequent has a large handicap stall with both a commode and a sink.  Some are so large I swear they are larger than my bedroom as a kid.  

Might be a code thing here in FL, but I cant remember the last time I went to a place that didn't have a handicap commode with a sink in the same stall. 

I almost miss the handicap commode with the handlebars on both sides of the stall, but these new larger stalls are nice.

I've noticed that a lot of places in my area now have private restrooms as an option. I like this because it takes the stress out of diaper changes and it provides a nice restroom option for parents with small children.

About six months ago I used a “family” restroom at JAX to change my diaper.  As I came out a woman standing there with her toddler said “that’s supposed to be a family restroom”.  I looked at her and smiled and said very calmly “I needed the privacy to change MY diaper”.  The look on her face was priceless!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, PoopyDiaperDude said:

About six months ago I used a “family” restroom at JAX to change my diaper.  As I came out a woman standing there with her toddler said “that’s supposed to be a family restroom”.  I looked at her and smiled and said very calmly “I needed the privacy to change MY diaper”.  The look on her face was priceless!

Well said!  You never know if someone has issues by just looking at them!  Same with a handicap parking space!  Just because the person with the tag doesn't show a physical limp or problem walking doesn't mean they don't have a problem with breathing hard, especially in very hot and humid weather, or some other type of disability that makes walking longer distances to the store entrance hard for them.  I guess if I was the person with the toddler, I might also have wondered and depending on my own mood at the time might have questioned the guy using the family rest room, but I would have apologized profusely once he had mentioned having to change his own diaper. 

• Like 1

There is not a single private restroom in my entire 20-story office building.

If there was, I probably would have worn to work by now. 

Only option I can think of is taking my backpack with me to a restaurant nearby and changing at lunch, but I very rarely eat lunch away from my desk. Neither does anyone else, for that matter.

Sigh...

Yeah, I used to run out to the local Jersey Mikes or the mall to change my diaper when I wore to work during the day.   After hours it was less of a problem because I often had the place to myself.

WHen I worked for the University, I just went to a bathroom on the other side of the large building where I was less likely to run into one of m y coworkers.

7 hours ago, PoopyDiaperDude said:

How awesome.  I imagine she will think twice the next time she minds someone else's potty business.  I have often received the same looks but nothing has ever been said.  I imagine I would have made a similar comment.  Now I very rarely ever change in a family restroom simply because I am comfortable changing in a regular men's room now.  When I took the above pictures it was the only stall available and I am certainly not going to complain about the added privacy.

I know for me mentally when I made the decision to wear diapers fulltime it was important to become comfortable doing so.  Why make diapers an all the time thing if you are embarrassed about wearing them.  This of course includes diaper changes.  It is definitely not something you instantly get used to but over time you do care less and less about where you change your diaper and who is around you.  I like to share restrooms like the above one to the forum for those that feel uncomfortable about a public diaper change.  The world is becoming a lot for diaper friendly for us.

• Like 1

It does take time to get use to changing in any situation, I do tech support for a living so I am at different clients all the time I use to wait to change when I was onsite but a few over saturated diapers changed my thinking I no longer worry about where and when I need to change I just grab my backpack and head to the washroom its no just a part of my daily life when dealing with incontinence.

10 hours ago, Rob110 said:

It does take time to get use to changing in any situation, I do tech support for a living so I am at different clients all the time I use to wait to change when I was onsite but a few over saturated diapers changed my thinking I no longer worry about where and when I need to change I just grab my backpack and head to the washroom its no just a part of my daily life when dealing with incontinence.

Curious, I too work with customers as an FSE.  Do you just change in their public restrooms?  Have you ran into a customer that knew you were changing a diaper?