LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Volume 1 (Now available on Amazon with a preview of Volume 2)

This is not the last chapter, just FYI

Chapter 63

“Hey, Mel,” Amanda said through her phone.

“Hey! What’s up?”

“Can you come over for a while?”

“Sure.”

“Thanks. I just could use some help with Jamie.”

“What’s wrong?”

“He’s a bummed out little.”

“Still?”

“Yep. He insists it’s only for one more day.”

“That’s kinda cute.”

“I think he’s trying to be funny. He always makes jokes when he doesn’t want us to worry about him. But usually they’re at least a little funny. This is just sadder.”

“What’s your mom say?”

“That he’ll get over it.”

“Well, he will.”

“Of course he will. I don’t know why he’s in a funk anyway. It was a good visit, overall anyway.”

“I’ll be over in a bit.”

“Thanks.”

Mel arrived a half hour later. “Where is he?”

“In the nursery.”

“Where’s your mom?”

“Back to school night for the new semester. I think he’s sick of me checking on him if you wanna go see him alone.”

Mel walked down the hall to the nursery and paused at the door to listen. She heard just a clicking sound, and when she turned into the door she found Jamie sitting glumly on the carpet running two toy cars into each other.

“What’s this game called?” Jamie looked up and said nothing. She sat down beside him. “Can I play?”

“Did they send for you to cheer me up,” he said in response.

“Yeah, but I can leave.” She sat down on the carpet and put on an exaggerated sad face. “Or I can sit here and be sad, too, ya know, in solidarity. Or we can go somewhere.”

“Where?”

“Anywhere. C’mon,” she said, standing up and pulling him to his feet. “That your diaper bag?”

“Yeah.” She picked it up and looked inside, then opened his dresser and picked out a pair of pajamas, stuffing them in.

“I’m spending the night somewhere?”

“Yeah. With me. It’ll be fun.” She put the backpack on and picked Jamie up onto her hip to carry him to the living room. “Can we borrow your car,” she asked Amanda.

“You’re going somewhere?”

“Yeah, Jamie is going to spend the night with me.”

“I guess I’m okay with that.”

“Good, because we weren’t asking permission, were me, Jamie,” she said with a wink to Amanda.

“Apparently not,” he said.

She got him buckled into the car and started toward downtown. “You wanna get some pizza?”

“Sure.”

“How about to go this time?” Mel dialed from the car and ordered, and it was ready when they got there. She started to get him out of the car, but he assured her he’d be okay alone for a few minutes. It felt a little weird when she left, though, and he imagined some concerned bystander breaking a window and calling the cops for neglect of a little. He was glad when she got back.

“It always smells best in the car on the way home,” Jamie observed.

“We can just go straight up to my room. Unless you want to meet my family.”

“Not really. I mean, not tonight.”

“Don’t feel bad about it. I wouldn’t either right now.”

Jamie liked Mel’s house. It was an unusual design built into a small hill so that the kitchen and living room were on the main floor, bedrooms a half-flight of stairs up, and the family room and Mel’s bedroom a half-flight of stairs down. It have everyone in the house space of their own. Mel’s bedroom as in the downstairs. Mel got Jamie out of the backseat, and he followed her and the pizza to her room, negotiating the stairs carefully. She grabbed a towel from her closet and laid it on the bed, put the pizza on top of it, set Jamie on the bed, and went to get drinks and napkins. When she come back, Jamie had flipped the TV on and was scanning for something worth watching. He couldn’t help but notice there was hardly anything on in this dimension, either. Mel sat down behind him so he could sit between her legs and lean against her while she leaned against her stack of pillows.

He opened the pizza box, and she pulled a piece out and held it in front of him. He leaned out and took a bite, then she took a bite.

“Good?”

“Mhmm,” Jamie said.

“Shoot!”

“What?”

“Forgot something. Hold on.” She got up and left, and when she came back her dad was passing by the door and looked in.

“He’s a bit smaller than most of your boyfriends,” he said.

“Better looking, too. ‘Night, Daddy.”

“‘Night, pumpkin.” She closed the door behind her.

“What’d ya forget?”

“A beer,” she said, showing him the bottle, “and an extra cup.”

“I’m not supposed to.”

“I won’t tell if you won’t.” She pulled her nightstand over so he could reach it and sat back down again, then poured him just a little bit. He finished it quickly, wanting it to hit him fast. Mel took note.

“So,” Mel said when they’d had their dinner. Jamie was buzzed but not nearly as far gone as the day in the park.

“So.” He scooched down so he could recline more against Mel, and she played with his hair.

“Wanna tell me what’s up?”

“I’m just feeling sorry for myself.”

“That’s okay. Can I feel sorry for you, too?”

“If you want.”

“Wanna change into some PJs?”

“Mhmm.” He sat up and she pulled short off, then he swung his legs over the edge of the bed, and took his shoes and pants off, leaving his socks. She knew his feet got cold easily.

“Why don’t you lie down on your tummy first?” He turned around and lay flat, and she took a tube of hand lotion from the drawer of her nightstand and began to massage it into his back. “You feel like a tangled up rope back here.”

“Mhmm.” She worked her way down to his hips, and he moaned as her hands worked loose the too-tight muscles. She kept going until he reached the soles of his feet and pulled his socks off.

“Did I make my Jamie bear sleepy?”

“Yeah,” he said weakly.

“Do you wanna sleep or talk?”

“Talk.”

“I’m listening.”

“I’ve been thinking, about thing since Cheryl left.”

“You’re not quite over her after all?”

“What’d Manda tell you?”

“That you and her were sort of an item before you left, and that when she left the other night that you kissed her rather, um, not like friends.”

“Amanda can talk a little too much sometimes.”

“She just worries about you. One of her jobs.”

“I know.”

“So?”

“You leave your dimension and say goodbye to the only friend you ever had and see if maybe your feelings aren’t a little intense.”

“So then you’re not in love with her?”

“Is that what Manda said?”

“She said she wondered about it.”

“I’m not in love with her. I just miss her. I’m sure I’ll feel better about it in a few more days. I just feel … I guess just like people feel when your best friend moves far away. We’ll keep in touch, but there’s still a hole there.”

“It’s weird, isn’t in? Friendship?”

“How so?”

“Just out of all the people in the world, you just sort of pick a few and say, ‘I wanna hang out with that one.’ And no matter how many you have, there’s always room for more.”

“And they’re not interchangeable,” Jamie added. “When one is far away, that hole doesn’t get plugged by another friend. It just stays a hole.”

“You didn’t lose her, though.”

“No, I didn’t, which is why I’m just bummed and not depressed.”

“I know it sucks.”

“Fucking sucks.” He sat silently for a few moments. “I get angry about it sometimes.”

“About what exactly.”

“That I couldn’t do it. That I couldn’t just be a normal human. Have friends. Get married. Live a regular life and be happy … Cheryl said I got screwed in life, while she was here she said that. I think she was right. But I didn’t help. I just wish I could’ve been normal. Grow up normally, be a normal adult. Now it’s too late.”

Jamie was making Mel sadder than he seemed to be. She hadn’t really spent time with Jamie when he was in this kind of mood, and it made her marvel at Amanda’s and Becky’s fortitude. All she wanted to do was make it better in whatever way she could, and that she couldn’t made her frustrated on top of sharing in Jamie’s funk.

“Why is it too late?”

“I think I’m never going back there.”

“I don’t know much about where you come from. Or what it’s like living there. But if you don’t mind me saying, you’re really good at living here.”

“Maybe.”

“Not ‘maybe.’ I know. You get better at it all the time.” He sighed. He didn’t want to talk any more. There wasn’t much to say. He just wanted to live in the present, and in the present, he was with Mel, and that was enough. It had to be. If his relationship with Cheryl had taught him nothing else, it had taught him that happiness, lasting happiness, is found only with others.

“It’s in the past anyway,” Jamie said, “A long time ago it seems. Maybe it’s time to just let it go for good.” Everything except Cheryl, but he’d let go of the what-might-have-beens with her, too. He had the dearest of friends, and that was what mattered.

“Is there anything I can do to help,” Mel asked.

Jamie turned back over and crawled into Mel’s lap so he was resting his head on her thigh. “Just be my friend.”

Mel winced out how sweetly painful his words were. “Sweet baby bear,” she cooed. “Always, always, always.”

“Thanks for coming to get me.”

“You can always ask to come sleep over.” Jamie responded by nestling in deeper. Mel reached her hand down to his diaper and decided she would wait to change it until after he fell asleep. She pulled the blankets up to cover his and laid back against her pillows while she patted his back gently.

“Hello,” Mel called out, “I need to return this Jamie bear.” Becky came out from the kitchen to greet the two of them in the hall.

“What’s wrong with this one,” Becky asked, taking Jamie off Mel’s hip and putting him on her own.

“I specifically ordered a sad one, and this one is happy. You owe me a refund or a new Jamie bear.”

“How did he behave,” Becky asked.

“I behaved fine, thank you very much,” Jamie said on his own behalf.

“He was good as gold.”

“Good,” Becky said and mouthed ‘thank you’ to Mel.

“What did you guys do?”

“We went and got pizza, and then we snuggled,” Jamie said.

“Ooh, you love snuggles with your Aunt Mel.”

“Ooh, yes, he does.”

“So are you done being sad?”

“I told you I just needed one more day.”

“You did. Mel, wanna stay for lunch?”

“There he is!” Amanda said as she got to the bottom of the stairs. “I missed you so much!”

“I was just gone for the night.”

“But it was your first night away from us.” She gave him a wet kiss on the cheek. “Were you a good boy?”

“No, I drew on the walls and pulled the dog’s tail and loosened the caps on everything in the spice cabinet,” he said.

“Is your Aunt Mel a bad influence? Because you’re never this sarcastic in the morning.”

“I am, too,” he said, defending his ability to be sarcastic any time of day.

“How about a bath?”

“Can Mel come?” Becky passed Jamie to Amanda.

“If she doesn’t mind the sight of nude Jamie bears.”

“I’m used to them,” Mel replied.

“He’ll squirt you with his bath toys, too.”

“I’ll just splash back,” Mel assured her.

“He bites.”

“I do not,” Jamie said in his own defense.

“He lies about not biting. And he pees in the tub sometimes.”

“All littles do that,” Jamie and Mel said simultaneously.

Before bedtime, Jamie sat down to write a letter to Cheryl. He meant to write more, like he’d said he would. It would be a treat for Cheryl to get a letter so soon after she got home.

Dear Cheryl,

This letter should arrive just a few days after you reach home. I’m so happy I got to see you. I guess it brought a sense of closure to some lingering feelings I’ve had about my decision, and though the past few days have been hard in their own way, it seems as though the curtain came down on that act of my life. This is a good thing, Cheryl, and I’m done looking backward. Like you said, no regrets.

I have you; I have all my people here. I’m home, and I’m happy.  I didn’t want the day to end, but I know tomorrow will be even better.

For now, goodnight. It’s always just goodnight.

Your loving little,

Jamie

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what Amanda and Becky did while he was away. Wonder how Becky felt about Jamie being gone, especially when she probably was rushing to get home to him and find out when she got there that he wasn't there. I wonder how she dealt with the motherly stuff that I am sure built up while at work. Just waiting to get home so she could try something, anything to get her Jamie bear happy again. I am sure it built up a lot of emotional feelings that Bigs get. Then come home ready to unleash it at a Jamie bear only to find no Jamie bear to release it on.

With all my past comments I am sure y'all know where this is going lol. Becky got back and found no Jamie, she said she was okay with that, but then when Jamie's usual bedtime came around, he wasn't there to breast feed. After being uncomfortable and needing that bond, she called out for Amanda to come to her room. When Amanda arrived, she had her sit down and talked with her for a bit. She finally talks her into breast feeding. However, Becky wanted Amanda diapered first, but Amanda said that was too far, but she'd help her out by draining her milk and that's it. So that's what happened, but during the breastfeeding, Amanda ends up wetting her panties, not a lot just enough to be noticeable if anyone looked. It didn't take long after the breastfeeding for Becky to find out her daughter wet herself and promptly made her stand in the corner as she scolded her for it. Then she diapers Amanda and puts her to bed, which she ends up soaking her diaper because of the breast milk seems to make Amazon's pee like a race horse, or at least it does for Amanda. So she didn't make it to the potty and ended up crying herself to sleep in her wet diaper. Her mother didn't believe her and thinks her bed wetting started up again. (To those that keeps telling me that this won't ever happen, I know it won't, but this is only my version of events until otherwise stated in the further chapters, or til the end of time lol)  Or Becky is so sad and Amanda tried to cheer her up and eventually goes and puts on one of her old night time diapers and cuddles with her mommy, even going as far as wetting it just so her mommy can change her. (still won't happen, but I know a few people out there thinks like i do so i have to be the spokes man for all those out there that think like i do

• Haha 1

Tornado sirens just went off and the radar shows a red line of storms stretching all the way across the region. ?

So if you don't hear from me, I'm under a pile of rubble.

• Sad 1

Superb as always! Sometimes, as at the end of the previous chapter it can be a little hard to tell who is speaking, but that only the smallest of quibbles. You might want to keep it in mind though if you do re-edit the story for publication.

Good thing you said it’s not the last chapter, because that seemed so much like a really good end for part 1. Looking forward to seeing what you will add.

PS: stay safe!

• Like 1

It's always weird when the sirens are going off and you look outside and there's no breeze. Guess that's what they mean by the calm before the storm. Storm should be here in about 10 minutes. I should probably go to the basement.

53 minutes ago, Guilend said:

I guess you have it now lol. We had them the last two days lol Good luck. Be safe and stay padded.

That turned out to be pretty much nothing. A lot of rain. Sky didn't even turn green.

20 minutes ago, Shawnie said:

Always makes a better day when you leave working there horrible corporate world and come home to a new chapter of Jamie Bear. ?

I totally agree. I love either waking up or coming home and seeing a new chapter. Even better when I wake up to a new chapter and come home to one lol.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ohiobabygirl said:

@author_alex do you live in Missouri? I saw a nasty line of stuff going thru there. 

Yep.

One more chapter after this. Tomorrow night. You've been forewarned. I'm a little ?, too. But I've also gained 8 pounds since I started this because all I've done with almost all my free time since February has been write. Just shy of 250,000 words.

Chapter 64

“How did your visit with Cheryl go,” Ella asked. They were lying next to one another nude in the quiet room. Becky and Amanda had both gone back to work and school so Jamie was back at Little Hearth every weekday.

“That’s what you wanna talk about right now,” he asked.

“I wanted to ask earlier.”

“Why didn’t you?”

“Because ten minutes after you got here you got all handsy under the drawing table, and I guess I just forgot,” she said with a post-coital giggle.

“I did, didn’t I?”

“So? How was it? Her visit, I mean, before you make a dirty joke.”

“It went ... fine.”

“What does that mean?”

“I didn’t need to worry about breaking her heart or what she’d think of me.”

“That’s good. I told you so.”

“It was just hard watching her leave. We still feel pretty strongly about each other.”

“How strongly?”

“Not romantic love, if that’s what you’re asking. I’m not sure there’s a word for it. For the kind of love between us, I mean.”

“Are you okay, though?”

“Yeah,” he assured her. “I just miss my friend … Wonder what it would be like, our relationship, if we ever got to enjoy it when things weren’t so emotionally charged.”

“Did your mom and Manda like her?

“Manda wanted her to stay.”

“Really? That doesn’t seem like her.”

“She said it was just because it would make me happy, but I think Manda liked her as a little, too. Maybe she wants a little sister.”

“How would you feel about that?”

Jamie sniffed dismissively. “I’m not ready for that. And I don’t want to share her with anyone. I’m not ready to do that.”

“You might have to one day.”

“I know I will. I just … well, how would you feel if you had to share Stacy?”

“I’m sure I’d resent the hell out of it.”

“Exactly. I’m just not ready to not be the center of her attention … scares me a little, the thought of it. I guess I still rely on her a lot of emotionally, even with me and Mom being just as close now.”

“It’s different with a sibling.” Ella only ever hinted at her own siblings. She rarely ever discussed her life before, and the conversation stopped when it came to family.

“Yeah,” Jamie agreed.

“So what now,” she asked.

“What do you mean?”

Ella shrugged. “I mean, that kinda takes care of any unfinished business back there.”

“We’ll see each other again,” Jamie said defensively. “We’ll write. It’s not forever.”

“I know ... I just mean you don’t really have anything to be concerned about, as far as there goes.”

“No, I guess I don’t.”

“So now what?”

“Now I guess I just live here. Keep building my life.” He paused. “… Were you ever jealous of Cheryl?”

“No.”

“Never?”

“Never. For one, she lives in another dimension. For two, you’ve said a bunch of times you're not in love with her. For three, we’ve never really defined our relationship. Doesn’t seem fair to get jealous.”

“We could, define our relationship, I mean.”

“We could, but why?”

“To … I don’t know. Are we dating?”

“We’ve never been on a date,” Ella replied.

“We’ve been on playdates ... where we’ve slept together. That seems kinda like a date … similar to my dates back home, except with sex.”

Ella laughed. “You really are adorable. I guess, yeah, we’re boyfriend and girlfriend, significant others, something, I don’t know. It’s not like there’s a list of relationship categories people apply to littles here.”

“It does kinda feel like humans on a desert island sometimes, the two of us.”

“Gee, thanks,” Ella said.

“You know what I mean.”

“I do.”

“But I guess you’re right. It really doesn’t matter what we call it.”

“We could get married someday,” Ella joked.

“Littles can get married,” Jamie asked, missing the joke.

“No, but we could do it anyway. Right here. Diane could officiate. Just think of how much that might piss off Bobby and Billy.”

“They’d make terrible wedding guests,” he said, now understanding what she meant.

“Every wedding needs at least one asshole to give an inappropriate toast and start a fight.”

“And Donna should come – we need someone to cry hysterically, too.”

“Hahahahaha.”

“I haven’t seen her in a while. I think Manda has been purposefully keeping her away from me.”

“That’s good.”

“I guess she sees her on campus. I don’t want her to stop seeing her friends just because of me.”

“So long as they’re not boys?”

“I just want her to be safe,” he said, shaking his head. “Mom’s had 20 years to get used to the idea of her dating. I practically just got here.”

“It’s sweet that you want to protect her.”

“But I need to get over it? I know.”

“And you’re jealous.”

“I know I’m jealous. And I need to get over that, too. I don’t begrudge her a dating life, in theory. I’m just …”

“Scared of her falling in love and not being there as much for you?”

“Is that wrong?”

“No. It’s natural.”

“Think it’ll go away?”

“You feel guilty about it?”

“Kinda, yeah.”

“Yes, it’ll go away.”

“I need her still.”

“You’ll always have her. I promise.” They lay there quietly for a while until there was a tap on the door. Jamie reached for his clothes.

“It’s just April or Carrie,” Ella told him.

“And?”

“And she’ll be cleaning you off in 2 minutes anyway.”

“I know … It’s weird.”

“Come in,” Ella said.

“Hey littles,” Jean said as she opened the door.

“Shit!” Ella sat up and covered herself and moved a few inches away from Jamie before Jean could see them. Jean would have scolded any other little for language like that, but she knew she wasn’t supposed to ever scold Ella. She froze when she finally turned the corner of the door and saw them. April burst through the door and slammed it shut behind her, bumping into Jean.

“Jean!” April exclaimed.

“What’s going on in here,” Jean asked, looking from April to Jamie to Ella and back.

“Nothing,” April hopefully replied. Ella and Jamie instinctively fell back on being littles, not needing to say a word so long as a big was there to stick up for them.

“It doesn’t look like nothing.” April, Jamie, and Ella all said nothing  “… It looks like a couple of littles took their clothes off. I have a cousin does the same – ran down the street nude while my aunt chased after her and all the neighbors watched.”

“Yeah,” April forced a laugh, “What parent doesn’t tell that story? Hahahaha. I’ll get them redressed. Why don’t you go start a sing-along out there,” April said as she guided Jean to the door by her shoulders, opened it, gave her an almost-shove, and closed the door again. She turned back around at the smiling couple.

“Sorry. She got away from me. Let’s get you cleaned up.”

“We’re just gonna hang in here all day, actually,” Ella said.

“K,” she laughed, “Guess I’ll knock for when it’s lunch time.”

April left, and shut the door. Carrie was right there when she looked up. “Everything alright,” Carrie asked.

“No,” April replied.

“What’s the problem?”

“I’m jealous of two littles’ love life. How pathetic is that?”

In the room, Ella and Jamie were having a good laugh. “Did you hear what she called us,” Ella asked.

“Jean? No … It’s a good thing she’s an idiot.”

“She called us a ‘couple.’”

“A ‘couple of littles.’”

“Close enough.”

“So that’s what we are? A couple?”

“Yeah.”

“I like that. A couple. ‘They make such a cute couple!’ Maybe people will say that about us.”

“We could get matching fleece vests, wear them to the farmer’s market together,” Ella joked again.

“I hate those people,” Jamie said with a smile.

“Everybody hates those people, except those people.”

“You’re right … we should definitely be those people.”

“But first …” she said, pushing Jamie over and moving herself back on top of him. He reached up and ran his fingers through her hair so his hand was resting on the back of her head. His eyes softened.

“I meant it, by the way,” Jamie said.

“What.”

“On Christmas Eve, when I said I love you.”

“I love you, Jamie,” she said, her fingers caressing her chest. “You’re one of the best things that ever happened to me.”

“It’s always going to be complicated, isn’t it, being littles and being a couple.”

“Not if we don’t let it be.”

“So just don’t let it?”

“Just don’t let it,” Ella said, and then pressed her lips against his.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

While I hate this is ending I think it is a great story and I would love a follow up or two. I admit I look forward to your next stories as well as your write in an easy to read manner. This is wrapping up nicely as well without a lot of obvious lose ends but that is ok, great job!

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Author_Alex said:

“I’m jealous of two littles’ love life. How pathetic is that?

Bwhaahaaaa!  ?.     I may have raised a few eyebrows at my snickering during my midnight lunch break!  

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Author_Alex said:

Tornado sirens just went off and the radar shows a red line of storms stretching all the way across the region. ?

So if you don't hear from me, I'm under a pile of rubble.

Hugs!

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Sarah Penguin said:

Hugs!

It was such a let down! I love summer storms. At no point did it seem like the world was ending. That is not a summer storm in the Midwest! Boo Spring Storm! Boooooo!

7 hours ago, YourFNF said:

giphy.gif

Don’t cry! Yet. 

6 minutes ago, Author_Alex said:

It was such a let down! I love summer storms. At no point did it seem like the world was ending. That is not a summer storm in the Midwest! Boo Spring Storm! Boooooo!

I love storms too :)

• Like 1

Chapter 65

Several months later…

Dear Cheryl,

Thank you for the arrival day gift! Everyone says PEGOS are the same as LEGOS, but they’re NOT. I can tell because they don’t have the same name. That’s just science. I’ll send you a picture of what I build first.

Can you believe I’ve been here a year? Everybody just left my arrival day anniversary party an hour ago. Know what I was doing exactly one year ago? Sobbing on Amanda’s chest. I didn’t think I’d ever come this far.

I got the best present today: a puppy! A very small one, perfect for my size. He’ll still be able to fit in my crib when he grows up. Mom said it was for Manda and me both. Manda’s wanted one since forever and isn’t done being miffed Mommy got one when I said I wanted one and not when she said the first million times. LOL.

It’s kinda super nice to have a puppy but not be the one who has to train it!  I said I was gonna teach it to steal Manda’s shoes, and Manda said she’d make us both go to time out in the corner. So I guess now I have to make sure he never takes her shoes. Oops! I’ve been spending enough time in the corner since school got out and I’m not at daycare. Mommy says Manda was the same way for the first few weeks of summer when she was little. She says it’s natural and never gets mad at me, but I can never talk her out of corner time, either.

Me and Ella had a sleepover last night, and we slept in a tent in the yard. She pretended to be afraid, and I held her extra tight. We told Stacy and Mom we’re a couple. That was a few weeks ago. I think Stacy understands but Mommy just said, “That’s adorable,” and hugged us both, so I guess that won’t ever change, which is probably for the best. LOL again.

Manda is trying to convince Mom to just let Stacy bring Ella over here every day for the summer since we’re home anyway; she told Mom it would give me something to do and make me too tired to misbehave! Mom didn’t get it. Mom said maybe she could come over three days a week and is gonna talk to Stacy about it.

Ella is doing real good, too. She can’t play tag at the park yet, but sometimes she comes and watches. She cheers me on, and she oohs and ahhs over how I help Rosie play, too. I told her I’d help her play when she’s ready. She says she might never be, but I really hope she will be some day. I went with her to PT right before school got out to cheer her on, too.

After everyone left tonight, Manda gave me a bath. She took a picture of me with cake all over my face. It wasn’t even my fault! Mel was the one who fed it to me. Manda said she’s sending you the picture whether I like it or not. No fair!

After bath time, she put me in a new diaper I like a lot. It has bears on it! Then we snuggled while she read me a story about a fox and a chicken who become friends. We’re most of the way done with it, and she says I’m really gonna like the next book she picked out. She’s gonna sleep in Mommy’s bed tonight so I get to sleep with both of them. It’s my favorite way to wake up. I think she’s playing with the puppy now. Mommy says the three of us together is the most adorable thing she’s ever seen and that she wished she’d done this year ago. Manda gave her the dirtiest look. I just stayed quiet.

Anyway, like I always say, I didn’t want the day to end, but I know tomorrow will be even better. Mommy’s probably going to be in soon for my bedtime milk, so I’m gonna finish this letter for now. I’ll write again soon. For now, goodnight. It’s always just goodnight.

Your loving little,

Jamie.

P.S., my bear says hello.

Jamie folded the letter and put it in the envelope, dutifully leaving it open because he knew Manda and Mom were serious about sending her the pictures. He’d put it in the mailbox tomorrow on the way to the library. It was his day to read again, and he looked forward to seeing Jenny. He hadn’t seen her since school got out.

“Did you have a good arrival day, baby bear,” Becky asked from the doorway. Jamie smiled his biggest smile and stood up to walk over to her.

“It was the best, Mommy. Thank you for everything.”

“You’re very welcome. How does it feel to be 1 in little years,” she asked as she picked him up and laid him against her chest.

“Like I got a lot of time to have a very good life.”

“You do,” she whispered. “And I’m so glad you’re here to share it with us.”

Hesitantly, Jamie asked, “Mommy, did I ever say thank you?”

“For what, baby?” She sat down in the rocker and unbuttoned the silk pajama top she was wearing.

“For picking me. And helping me.”

“You thank me every day,” she said with the emotion welling up in her throat, “just being my baby bear.”

“Thank you for picking me, Mommy. I love you so much,” Jamie said and sniffled, letting one tear leave a long trail down his cheek. She shifted him so he was cradled in her arms and they could see each other.

“I love you, too, Jamie. So, so much,” she said through gentle tears.

“Don’t cry, Mommy.”

“I’ll stop if you stop.” She leaned over and gave him a long kiss on his head.

“You smell so good tonight, baby bear. I love your smell. Do you want PJs tonight?”

“I’ll be warm enough between you and Manda.”

“Ready?”

“Mhmm.” Jamie closed his eyes and nuzzled into her and found her nipple, and he began to nurse. Becky tickled his naked back with her fingernails, up and down, from his neck to the top of his diaper, and then down his thighs and back up again, and Jamie writhed and stretched under the soft sensation and then sighed, went limp, and Becky knew he’d be asleep within a minute.

When he was done nursing, she would change him, sprinkle a little scented powder on his chest, because she loved it when he smelled that way, too, and lay him in her bed. Manda would be up when she got the puppy settled, though Becky knew she’d probably be up and down with him all night, and when Jamie woke up a year a day after he’d first woken up in the home the three of them had made together, it would be snuggled in between them, safe, happy, and loved.

As she did every night as Jamie drifted off to another night’s rest, she sang the same lullaby, the one she’d leaned just for him.

Sleep my child and peace attend thee,

All through the night

Guardian angels God will send thee,

All through the night

Soft the drowsy hours are creeping

Hill and vale in slumber sleeping,

I my loving vigil keeping

All through the night.

While the moon her watch is keeping

All through the night

While the weary world is sleeping

All through the night

O'er they spirit gently stealing

Visions of delight revealing

Breathes a pure and holy feeling

All through the night.

Love, to thee my thoughts are turning

All through the night

All for thee my heart is yearning,

All through the night.

Though sad fate our lives may sever

Parting will not last forever,

There's a hope that leaves me never,

All through the night.

05 All Through The Night.m4a

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 4
16 minutes ago, Shygoodgirl said:

OMG! No wait this can't be it the end I'm not ready. I absolutely love Jamie's story.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Going out on top, before I become like Game of Thrones ?

There will probably be a Volume 2