LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Volume 1 (Now available on Amazon with a preview of Volume 2)

On 5/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, Author_Alex said:

“I wanna help him put his lights on his house,” Amanda said as she watched Chevy Chase.

I wouldn't mind having someone who's 12 ft tall help me with my Christmas lights, lol.

Chapter 56 Part 1

“Can I get out of the playpen now?”

“Not until we’re ready,” Becky said.

“But …”

“Shush, sweetie. Just a few more minutes.” Jamie sat back down in his playpen wondering what was such a big deal about him being out of the playpen while they got everything ready for their Christmas Eve party. They’d only had the one other party, and he’d ended up in the playpen then, too, as though he’d get in the way of Becky’s manic cleaning. It didn’t seem such a big deal to him. It was only going to be family and close friends. Jamie had drawn the invitations himself.

“I’ll get him, Mom,” Amanda said as she walked through the living and snatched Jamie out of the playpen. “Let’s get you dressed.”

“Thanks, Manda. Can I, uh, before you get me dressed?”

“Who’s stopping you?” Amanda could feel Jamie’s diaper expand and grow warm on her hip. “Feel better?”

“Yeah. Sorry.”

“If you don’t apologizing for that, I’m just gonna stop changing you,” she playfully said while swatting his butt.

“I’ll try to remember.”

“See that you do.” She laid him on his changing table and pulled off the sweat pants and t-shirt he’d been wearing since his bath a couple hours earlier. “Do you think we have time?”

“Time for what, Jamie,” asked.

“For pbbbbbbt!!!!” Amanda blew a Christmas Eve sized raspberry on Jamie’s tummy.

“Manda hehehehe stop hehehehe stop ehehe please!”

“Stop what? Stop tickling you?” She went after his armpit and ribs as he squealed and thrashed on the changing table. When she finally did stop, he was red-faced and sweating. “I’m gonna tell everyone my present to them is holding you down while they do that.” She opened his stinky diaper and started to clean him off.

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No, please?”

“Yes, please!”

“But …”

“Unless! Unless you promise to try to stay up with me tonight to wait for Santa.”

“What time does he get here?”

“I don’t know. We’ve never been on his route before. He only goes to houses with littles.”

“How does Santa work anyway?”

“Time zones.”

“Really?”

“Yep.” She rubbed powder on his diaper area and under his arms, sprinkling just a little on his chest. She took a deep breath. “Mmm. I love the way clean Jamie bears smell.” She wrapped him in a clean diaper.

“You’re in a silly mood today.”

“Of course I am! It’s Christmas Eve – my first real one!”

“You’ve had Christmas before.”

“Not with a little.”

“What’s the difference?”

“More Christmas! More presents, more decorations, a tree, and Santa comes.” Jamie wasn’t sure if she was joking about Santa or not. If she was, she sounded awfully earnest.

“Oh.”

“So an outfit for the Jamie bear.”

“I guess I have to put on actual clothes.”

“If we don’t, Mom will re-dress you.”

“Can I at least not wear that sweater I wore to Jane’s?”

“Itchy?”

“Big time. They could’ve not imported that part of the tradition, and everything would still have been fine.”

“I think we got a few options.” Amanda pulled open his dresser drawer. “Slacks or corduroys?”

“Slacks.”

“I think your red sweater goes with that, the comfy one.”

“Can I wear slippers at least?”

“Don’t like those dress shoes Mom got you?”

“They hurt my feet.”

“I think we can sneak those in at least.” Amanda laid the outfit on the rocking chair. It was easier to dress him from there. “Alright, Jamester … Jamie, I just changed you,” she whined.

“What?” She poked the soggy front of diaper. “Oh. Sss …”

“Don’t say it. Lay back, baby,” she smiled. His diaper could take more, but as long as he was already stripped, it was easier to change him now than later. She got him into a clean diaper again, this time rubbing baby oil into his diaper area. Jamie squirmed when she did; he couldn’t help it. She sniffed again.

“What?”

“I like that smell, too, ya little wiggle bug.” She got him down and dressed, picking red socks to match his sweater.

“Mom got a couple treats for you, too,” Amanda said as she reached into a shopping bag Becky had left hanging from the chair. “First …” Amanda tore open a pacifier with a reindeer’s face on the mouthpiece. “Like it?”

“Yeah.”

“And … ohoho,” Amanda laughed.

“What?”

“I think you only have to wear them for pictures.” She took out a reindeer antler headband. Jamie blushed.

“If it makes Mom happy … do I have to put them on now?”

“Maybe we can wait a bit. People should be here soon.”

“Can I help with anything?” He always offered. There just wasn’t much he could do. He’d asked again recently about a stepstool, and Becky had again said she’d rather he keep his feet firmly on the floor.

“You can come keep me company while I get dressed.” She picked him and carried him up the stairs. She set him on her bed while she changed.

“Tights,” Jamie asked as she pulled a pair of white tights up her legs.

“What? I like tights.”

“I’ve never seen you wear them.”

“Now you have.”

“New dress,” he asked as she got a green, velvet dress from her closet.

“Yeah.” It had a red, velvet belt she had trouble tying.

“Need help?”

“Yeah … guess I’m just nervous.” She moved closer to the bed and turned around so Jamie could tie it for her.

“Nervous about what?”

“Santa coming.” Jamie was thoroughly confused. He wondered if he needed to have the talk with her, but if he did, he’d hate to be the one to break the bad news to her.

“You look very pretty.”

“Aww, thank you, Jamie bear. You look cute like you always do. Shall we head back downstairs?”

“We shall,” he joked. They found Becky rushing around.

“Mom,” Amanda said, placing her hand on the oven door. “I got this. Why don’t you go get dressed?”

“Thank you, baby.” Becky gave Amanda a peck on the cheek and went upstairs to change.

“What’s her deal,” Jamie asked.

“She always gets like that before a party.”

“Why? It’s not like Dana is coming over … she’s not, is she?”

“No way. I think you’ve seen the last of her.”

“Not you?”

“Realistically, probably not, but I’m her granddaughter, and you’re not, so don’t worry about it.” Amanda laid the dining room table while Jamie sat in his high chair in the kitchen.

“You sure I can’t help with anything?”

“Um …” Amanda looked around the kitchen trying to think something that was both not done yet and something he was tall enough for. “Ooh! I know. The presents for tonight are in the coat closet. Can you put them under the tree?”

“Sure.” She helped him out of the high chair.

“Thanks. Don’t try to move any that are too big for you.”

“I’m strong,” he said over his shoulder.

“You know what I mean,” she called out after him. There were eighteen presents in there. They weren’t big so much as wide. He made a stack on the floor and slid it across the floor to the tree, arranged them, and went back for three more such loads.

“None were too big.”

“Good.

“What now?”

“Now we wait,” Becky said as she appeared in the kitchen dressed for the evening. “And Amanda, I got you this, too.” She held out a shopping bag. Amanda took it and looked inside.

“Really, Mom?” She smiled indulgently at Becky.

“Oh, be fun.”

“I’ll wear them if Jamie wears his,” Amanda said as she put her antlers on. Jamie ran to get his from his room. When he got back, Becky scooped him up and gave him a kiss.

“Amanda couldn’t convince you to put the shoes on, huh?”

“She didn’t try very hard,” Jamie confessed.

“Ratting me out, huh,” Amanda said, “I’m gonna tell Santa.”

“He’s already made his list.”

“I hear he keeps it in the cloud so he can update it wherever.”

“Well,” Becky said, “I think the antlers make up for it. I got some for Mel and Rosie and Ella, too.”

“So basically all the littles and the bigs under 35,” Amanda said.

“Yep.” The doorbell rang.

“Thanks for inviting Ella and Stacy,” Jamie said.

“Of course! I’m glad they could come.”

• Like 12
23 minutes ago, SGTbaby said:

Yeah Christmas time!! Love the enthusiasm from everyone!

I know, right?!? I wanna have Christmas now, not in seven months. Now.

• Like 1

I was sad last night when i went to bed early and didn't get my Jamie, Amanda and Becky fix, but I was so happy when i woke up and saw this new chapter.

Also, as for my last comment, Santa should be the one to give her the gag gift of diapers lol. As always, you don't have to add that, I just think it would be so funny. Becky could be like, oh Amanda, you didn't have to add diapers to your Santa wish list, I would have gotten them for you. Or If I had known you wanted some, I would have let you have the pack or two I still have in my closet from your bedwetting days lol. 

I am a sucker for Christmas, I never had one growing up, so it's something i've never experienced as a kid. I only had a few when my kids where young.

Thanks for a great chapter @Author_Alex

• Like 1

I bet they hired an entertainer to play Santa XD

Chapter 56 Part 2

Jamie was seated on Amanda’s hip when Becky went to open the door. It was a precaution he’d learned to take sometimes. If someone didn’t already have him, whoever came through the door would often pick him up, and depending on who it was and his mood, he minded. Becky showed Stacy in, and Ella was seated on her hip like Jamie.

“Nice antlers,” Ella giggled.

“Oh, I’m so glad you like them,” Becky responded, struggling as bigs often do to understand sarcasm from littles. “I got you a pair too,” said as she retrieved them from the table and placed them gently on Ella’s head.

“Ha!” Jamie honked.

“Um, thank you,” Ella said with a chuckle.

“Thanks so much for inviting us,” Stacy said, “We normally just spend Christmas Eve alone together.”

“We’re glad to have you. Jamie was so excited you could come.”

“That’s a very pretty dress you have on, Ella,” Amanda said. She gave Jamie a pat on the butt.

“Oh, uh, yeah, it’s very becoming.”

“Can we go play,” Ella asked.

“Sure. Just don’t go too far,” Stacy replied as she set Ella on her feet. Amanda let Jamie down as the doorbell rang again as Jamie and Ella headed to his room.

“Really, though, do you look good tonight,” Jamie said, holding out his hand for her to take.

“I had to talk Stacy out of something a little more toddlerish.”

“I had to avoid the itchiest Christmas sweater.”

“Excited for tomorrow?”

“For presents? Yeah. I’ve never really had a full-fledged Christmas.”

“What are you hoping for?”

“Anything. I just wanna be surprised.”

“You’re gonna get spoiled rotten. You know that, right?”

“I doubt it. I didn’t ask for much.”

“Uh huh,” she said, knowing full well Becky and Amanda – but especially Becky – wouldn’t not go all out for his first Christmas. “Who else is coming tonight?”

“My Uncle Danny and Aunt Lauren, my mom’s friend Jane and her little, Rosie – you’ll like her – and Mel.”

“Ooh, the one you have a crush on?” Jamie blushed.

“Yeah.”

“Maybe you can find some mistletoe.”

“I like you more,” Jamie said.

“Why is that,” Ella said as she put her arms around his neck.

“Because I just do,” he said before he leaned in and kissed her.

“It’s too bad we can’t get a little alone time tonight.” She ran her hand down his side, stopping when she reached his hip and pulling him closer for another kiss.

“You’re incorrigible,” Jamie said when he broke away.

“I just know what I want for Christmas,” she said as she kiss him again. “Oh, hey there,” she said as she let him go and opened her eyes. “You must be Rosie.”

Jamie turned around and saw Rosie with her eyes wide and biting her lip. “Um, okay,” Rosie said. “I think I’ll go play with Amanda.”

“No,” Jamie said, “You can stay. I want you to meet Ella.” Rosie bashfully walked through the door.

“Hi,” Rosie said, “I’m Rosie. My big is Jane.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Rosie,” Ella said. “How are you at keeping secrets,” she asked with a twinkle in her eye.

“She’s great at it,” Jamie said. “Merry Christmas, Rosie.”

“Do you guys want to play something?” Jamie had a feeling she was going to be little tonight. “Jamie has lots of cool toys.”

“Oh yeah? Show me,” Ella said. Rosie went straight for Jamie’s tub of blocks. “What are we gonna build?”

“Santa’s workshop,” Rosie replied.

“I should go greet people,” Jamie said.

“Oh, no, you don’t,” Ella said, catching his hand. “You’re the foreman, and besides, we’re littles. They’ll come find us.” The squeals from the hallway could only mean Lauren and Daniel had arrived.

“Becky, Merry Christmas!”

“You, too, Laurie. You’re looking a little …”

“Glowy? You can say glowy,” Danny explained, “She gets mad when you use other words.”

“Still getting those pregnancy hormones under control, huh,” Jane said.

“Mine or his,” Laurie asked.

“Touché!”

“Where’s my little nephew,” Lauren asked.

“In the nursery,” Becky said. “I’d like you to meet Stacy. Stacy’s little is Jamie’s friend, Ella.” Everyone shook hands. Stacy looked at Becky, who nodded.

“Daniel, can I ask you a favor,” Stacy said.

“Sure.”

“Ella doesn’t do so well around big men. Until she gets comfortable tonight, could you hang back a little?”

“I can do that,” Danny said with a sympathetic smile.

“Thanks.”

“Of course. I’ll go find my niece instead,” Danny said as she went into the kitchen and found Amanda stirring a pot.

“What’s that?”

“Mulled wine,” Amanda said as she brought the spoon up to Danny’s lips for a taste.

“Mmmm.”

“You give any to Jamie, and I am so telling Lauren this time,” Amanda sunnily warned him.

“Even on Christmas?”

“Mom bottled some milked later if he wants to get a little buzzed.”

“Why bottled?”

“Because she can’t make hot chocolate come out of them.”

“Oh,” he mused, “That’d be pretty cool if she could.”

“You’re hopeless, Uncle Danny.” She put the spoon down and hugged him. “Merry Christmas.”

“Merry Christmas, little girl. You excited about Santa tonight?”

“So excited!”

“You tell Jamie yet?”

“He’s gonna stay up with me.”

“That’ll be fun.”

“And all the more reason to keep him sober.” From the hall they heard Mel greeting Becky and introducing herself to Stacy. Amanda and Danny went out to greet her. Becky helped her off with her coat.

“Oh my god,” Amanda squealed with her hands covering her mouth. “I thought you were joking!” Everyone was getting a good chuckle at her outfit.

“What? I was serious,” Mel said laughing along with them. “I told you I was gonna get an elf costume for tonight.”

“Why,” Jane asked.

“It’s his first Christmas! We’re not pulling any punches. Now, where is he?” She certainly hadn’t dressed in a green dress with candy cane stockings and a pointy hat for their benefit.

“The shoes really seal it,” Lauren said. Mel lifted her left foot and rang the bell on her toes.

“He’s in his nursery,” Amanda said. “C’mon.” The two walked down the hall to the nursery trying to keep the jingling to a minimum. Amanda knocked on the doorframe and put her head around the corner. “Hey, kiddos. I got a surprise for you?”

“What,” Rosie excitedly asked.

“It’s a friend of mine all the way from the North Pole!” Mel jumped into the doorway.

“A elf!” Rosie screamed. “A elf! A elf!” She was on her feet and scurrying over, her face red and her smile wide and her eyes bright. Mel scooped her up.

“That’s right, Rosie! Are you being a good girl?”

“I am.”

“Promise?”

“Yes!”

“Good. I’ll text Santa and let him know.” Ella and Jamie smiled up at the two of them, and Amanda did the same from her vantage.  

“Can I play with you guys,” Mel asked. They made room on the floor for Mel and Amanda.

“What are building,” Amanda asked.

“Santa’s workshop,” Ella answered.

“Oh, that’s where I work,” Mel said. She put Rosie down, and she went back to building. Mel picked Jamie up. “I took the night off to come see you.” She rubbed her nose on his. “That’s how we kiss at the North Pole.” Jamie’s face flushed, and Mel pulled him into a very warm hug. “Merry Christmas, Jamie bear,” she whispered.

“Merry Christmas, Mel.” He gave her real kiss on the cheek.

“And who is this?”

“Ella,” Ella answered for herself.

“And have you been naughty or nice?”

“To whom,” Ella retorted. Amanda let out a big laugh.

“Ella isn’t regressed,” Amanda said.

“She’s been very nice,” Jamie said for her.

“Good. I’d hate to give a bad report to Santa,” Mel winked at Ella. The five of them arranged and re-arranged Santa’s workshop together. When it was finally done, they decided it was time to go join the others in the living room.

“There’s the young’uns,” Jane said as they came in. “We were worried you’d decided to go hang out with cool people instead of us.”

“We did, but they were too cool for us,” Mel said.

“It was going okay until they saw your outfit,” Amanda quipped.

“Wadduya think, Rosie? Naughty list for that?”

“No. I like her. She’s my friend.”

“For you, then.” She picked Rosie up and sat on the couch with her. Ella saw Danny, and though she knew he’d be there she just wasn’t comfortable, even though she knew he was harmless. She took Jamie’s hand and tugged him toward Stacy on the other side of the room. Ella wordlessly let Jamie’s hand go and held her arms up. Stacy lifted her up, then picked up Jamie and set him down next to her.

Stacy leaned over and whispered, “You’re alright, Ell bell. You’re safe.” Stacy put her hand reassuringly on her shoulder.

“I know,” she whispered back. She always knew. It helped to be close to Stacy, though.

For his part, Jamie looked at Rosie and would have been intensely jealous of her sitting on Mel’s lap and laughing, but he had Ella instead.

­­______________________________________________

When everything was done, Jamie was buried under a pile of wrapping paper along with Ella and Rosie. All the bigs agreed it would make an adorable picture.

Rosie was struggling to stay awake and disappeared into the nursery with Jane and her diaper bag, emerging a few moments later asleep in her pajamas. “Straight into bed with her,” Jane said.

“Merry Christmas, Jane,” Jamie said.

“Merry Christmas to you, too, Jamie.” She bent down to give him a Christmas kiss goodnight.

Lauren and Daniel were next to depart. “It was nice meeting you, Ella,” Lauren said. Daniel kept a respectful distance. He didn’t know why, and he didn’t need to know. He just smiled and tried to look innocuous.

“It was nice meeting you, too.” Ella wanted to be more gracious, but she just couldn’t, not yet. She’d have to be around Daniel more before she felt okay with him towering over her.

“Just us then,” Stacy said. “You ready to head home, Ella?”

“After I say goodnight to Jamie.” She and Jamie went into the kitchen. “Merry Christmas, Jamie bear,” she said before they embraced.

“Merry Christmas. Maybe let’s talk tomorrow?”

“Sure. You guys doing anything in the afternoon?”

“I don’t think so. Just the three of us tomorrow. Maybe a playdate the day after?”

“I’d like that. Thanks for the present.”

“You, too. I like them.”

“I wasn’t sure you would.”

“Like I can ever have too many sleepers.”

“I thought it might be too little.”

“You haven’t seen my teddy bear ones yet. Got a tail and everything.”

“And ears,” she smiled.

“And ears.”

“I’d like to see that,” she giggled.

“Maybe on our playdate,” he said. They kissed one another and hugged tightly before walking hand in hand back to the living room. Becky put her hand over her heart and awwed.

Once Stacy and Ella had left, it was down to just the three of them and Mel. Jamie napped on the sofa while the three of them cleaned up.

“Can I stay, too,” Mel asked.

“Fine by me,” Becky said.

“You can borrow some of my PJs,” Amanda said.

“I’ve never gotten to see Santa,” Mel said.

“Then this is your chance. You can go get Jamie changed into some pajamas if you want.”

“Don’t need to tell me twice,” Mel said as she wiped her hands on a dish towel. Rosie was adorable, but she wasn’t her Jamie bear. Jamie had stuck so close to Ella that he and Mel hadn’t gotten to snuggle or anything. She lifted the sleeping little boy from the couch and carried him to his nursery, laying him on the changing table. She started to get him undressed, musing at how she wished she could sleep like he did. He finally stirred when she began to change his diaper.

“Did you leave this present in your diapee just for me?”

He smiled without opening his eyes, stretching his arms above his head. “Muh huh. Mel.”

“’Mel’ what?”

“Just ‘Mel.’ Thank you for coming tonight. And for dressing up.”

“And I’m gonna stay up for Santa with you.” Jamie still wasn’t sure if they were joking or not or what the deal was. He’d already explained Santa wasn’t god. Did he also need to explain Santa wasn’t real? What did they think the mall Santa was?

“There’s a bear with a dry bum,” she said as she pulled a clean diaper up between his legs and taped it snugly.

“Thank you.” She went to his dresser and picked out the teddy bear sleeper Amanda had bought while they were on their vacation together.

“Who’s a handsome baby bear?”

“I am,” Jamie giggled.

“And how big is that bear?”

“Sooooo big,” they both sang in unison.

“Ready to go wait for Santa?”       

“Can I bring my bear?”

“Your bear? My bear has his own bear,” Mel squeaked while she fished around the blankets of his crib until she found it. “This bear?”

“Yeah.” She put its feet on the changing table and walked it step by step to Jamie.

“Merry Christmas, Jamie,” she made the bear say.

“I didn’t know you could talk!”

“Only on Christmas Eve.”

“Isn’t my Aunt Mel especially pretty tonight, bear?”

“Awww,” Mel said in her own voice.

“And isn’t she one of our favorite people? It’s so much better having Christmas with her.”

“Awwwwwww.” Mel lifted Jamie up, and they hugged one another.

“I love you, Mel.”

“I love you, too, Jamie … Let’s go find Manda.”

After Becky had kissed everyone goodnight and made Amanda promise not to keep Jamie up too late, Amanda, Jamie, and Mel settled on the couch under a blanket with the fire on and a Christmas movie playing quietly on TV, munching on cookies.

“So what time is Santa coming,” Mel asked.

“I don’t know. That’s part of the fun.”

“Um, guys,” Jamie ventured. “You, uh … you know Santa isn’t real, right?”  Amanda and Mel looked at one another and then at Jamie. He couldn’t tell what their looks meant. Amanda started fake crying first.

“How could you say that,” Mel pretended to bawl. “I’ll never trust anyone ever again!”

“I rue the day we took our picture with that fraud!”

“A curse on his elves!”

“Those were just children.”

“A curse on his children!”

“And their elves!”

“Those are children, too.”

“A curse on his elves’ children!”

“Okay,” Jamie said, “hardy-har-har. Jokes on me. So if we’re not waiting for Santa, what are waiting for?”

“Fake Santa.”

“Huh?” There was a knock at the door.

“See?” Amanda picked him up, and they walked to the front door. Amanda held Jamie up so he could look out the peephole.

“There’s a guy in a Santa suit out there.” Mel opened the door.

“Ho ho ho,” the stranger said, “Merry Christmas!”

“Merry Christmas, Santa,” Amanda and Mel replied in unison.

“And who is this little boy? Or is he a bear?”  

Jamie pulled down the hood of his sleeper. “Boy.”

“You’ve stayed up awfully late.”

“I took a nap.”    

“That’s good. You wouldn’t wanna be grumpy tomorrow. You know what tomorrow is, don’t you?”

“Christmas!”

“It’s Christmas! Ho ho ho! And I brought you something.” The man in the Santa suit opened his red bag and pulled out a small package for each of them.

“What do you say, Jamie?”

“Thank you, Santa!”

“You’re welcome. I’ll be back with the rest of your presents later.”

“There’s more?”

“You’ve been a very good boy! Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!” The man turned to leave, and the three of them waved until he reached the end of their sidewalk and then closed the door.

“I told, you, Jamie. See? Santa.”

“Who was that?”

“Some guy who worked for a Santa company. They go door to door to deliver cookies to littles on Christmas Eve. But don’t tell any of your regressed friends.”

“I liked that. Is he available on other holidays,” Mel asked.

“Thank you,” Jamie smiled.

“Thank Mom. And why don’t we save these cookies for later, and go to bed?”

“Can we all fit in your bed?”

“Let me guess – you want the middle?”

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Corwin said:

This is an incredible story. I haven't even finished it, but I have to comment. Thank you so much for sharing this!

You’re very welcome.

Chapter 57

When Jamie woke up, Mel was gone. He guessed they had slept in, and Mel had her own small Christmas morning with her family to get home for. He stretched in the bed and felt Amanda stir but not wake. He was happy to still be in bed, sleepy from staying up late. He relieved himself into this diaper and went back to sleep.

When he woke again it was to Amanda patting his butt and tut-tutting at her morning chore. She pulled him closer and big him good morning and merry Christmas. She sounded rested but still glad to be in bed, too. She ran her fingers up and down his arm, and Jamie cooed in response.

“You ready to get up?”

“Mhmm.”

“Did you get enough sleep?”

“Yeah. That was fun last night.”

“C’mon.” Amanda sat up and lifted Jamie to her shoulder, patting butt as they walked down the stairs.

“Do I hear my babies,” Becky called from the kitchen. Amanda headed toward her.

“Morning, Mom.”

“Merry Christmas, Mommy.”

“Merry Christmas, Baby Bear,” she said giving him a kiss. “And Manda Bear,” she added with a kiss for Amanda. “Did you go look in the family room yet?”

“We didn’t. Is there something in there we should see?”

“Maybe. I don’t know what Santa brought,” Becky shrugged.

“Let’s go see.” The three of them went to the family room, and when Jamie saw the mountain of presents Becky surreptitiously took a picture of his shocked and happy face.

“Holy cow!” Jamie exclaimed, leading both bugs to laugh at such an uncharacteristic expression from Jamie. “There’s ... there’s ... holy cow.” The wrapped boxes in red and green and gold and snowflake and Christmas patterns fanned our from under the tree almost all the way to the entryway. They’d have to move some just to get to the couch.

“You must have been a very good boy,” Becky said.

“Can we open some?”

“Of course! We’re gonna open all of them.”

“After we get you in a clean diaper, stinky britches,” Amanda said with a gentle swat to his butt.

“Maybe just a few first,” he pleaded.

“Nope - sorry, Jamester, but you are one ripe bear.”

“Awww.”

“I should be offended,” Amanda said, “I’m pretty fast at changing your pants.” She made quick work of and zipped Jamie back into his teddy bear sleeper, then carried him back to the living room where Becky had made a path for them and put three mugs of cocoa on the coffee table.

“All clean,” Amanda announced.

“Are we ready to open presents then?”

“Yes!” Jamie has never seen a Christmas like this. Two, three, maybe four presents in a good year. There were at least a two dozen on the floor, big and small, arrayed across the room.

Only after Becky had gotten a picture of her babies on the floor surrounded by the boxes did Amanda set Jamie on the couch and hand him a box.

“I don’t wanna open one alone,” Jamie said. Becky grabbed one for herself and one for Amanda. On Jamie’s cue, they each started opening their package.

Jamie ran his finger across the seam, popping the tape and folding the paper back. Amanda looked at him with a coy smile. “Maybe try like this,” she said, tearing through the box on her paper. Jamie smiles and did like she did, agreeing when he did that her method was more fun.

“What’d ya get,” Amanda asked.

“A remote controlled car! Thank you, Mom.”

“You have to promise to share with Amanda,” Becky said when she saw Amanda scrutinizing the box.

“This is so cool,” Amanda said. “Way cooler than the one I had.”

“What did you get, Manda,” Becky asked.

“I don’t know yet.” Jamie didn’t have much money to spend, just what Becky has given him, so he picked the one thing he thought would mean the most to her. “It looks like ... a T-shirt that says, ‘My little thinks I’m awesome.’ Aww, thank you so much Jamie! I love it.”

“I do, ya know,” Jamie smiled.

“I do,” she said, leaning down to give him a kiss.

“He picked it out himself,” Becky added.

“What did you get, Mom?”

“Let’s see - a picture of you and Jamie with Santa. This is so cute!”

“We knew you’d love it.”

“I do. This is going on my desk.”

They went back and forth opening presents, with two for Jamie for every one Becky and Amanda got. Amanda opened one from her mom and rolled her eyes, “Really, Mom,” she asked as she held up the waterproof bed pad.

“It’s for when Jamie sleeps in your bed is all.”

“Why,” Jamie said with a Cheshire Cat grin, “It doesn’t bother me.”

“Maybe you should have gotten me one of those plug-in scented wax melters then,” Amanda retorted.

“Actually,” Jamie said,” I’d kinda like one of those for my room, too.”

When they were done, the crumpled paper and open boxes covered more of the floor than when they’d started. Jamie’s favorite were the ornate marble blocks; he could finally build his cathedral. He got a football and net; new running shoes; a board game; more sleepers with feet and ears; a membership to the rec center where he could swim; action figures; a bunny stuffy; and clothes for winter and spring.

“Last one,” Amanda said, handing it to Becky.

“Ooh. It’s from Jamie.” Becky carefully tore the paper - she wanted to save the label - and opened the box. Inside was a picture frame wrapped in tissue paper and bubble wrap. She peeled back the paper. Inside the frame was a picture of their house and the three of them on the front porch, with Jamie seated on Becky’s lap, and “Webb Family Home” arching over the top.

“I would have dated it,” Jamie said, “But I have no idea when it is ... Mom?”

Becky was struggling and failing to hold back tears. She didn’t have any words to say. The picture said everything for all of them. Their home, the three of them - it was exactly what she’d wanted what felt like so long ago when she’d decided to adopt a little.

Their home, their family. It felt complete with the love he had brought into their lives; love so deep they didn’t know they had to give it; love so strong because that was the kind of love Jamie needed, and o, what joy it brought Becky and Amanda to give it; love in equal measures sweet and tender and painful, the way Jamie loved, with everything he had.

“Mommy?”

“Oh, baby, I love it,” Becky said Ashe she swept Jamie into her lap and held him so tight he felt bashful. Becky held out her arm for Amanda to join them, and she fell on top her mom so that Jamie was stuck between them, the Webb Family together on Christmas morning, warm in the glow of each other’s company, content to stay together in their embrace knowing nothing outside it would ever be so meaningful and perfect.

Finally, Becky let go and leaned back, sniffling hard before she saying, “Who wants breakfast?”

“Me,” Jamie said with the gentle, neat smile he wore so often now, the grin that said life was good and easy and safe.

While Becky started breakfast, Amanda got Jamie in the tub. When he was clean, she watched him play with his bath toys, leaning her elbow on the edge of the tub and smiling at him until he got self-conscious.

“What,” he asked.

“I was just thinking.”

“About what?”

“About you.”

“And?”

“Just ... I’m proud of you. You come so far from that ... hurt, angry person who came here. I hope you’re proud of yourself.”

“I am, I think,” Jamie responded. For once he didn’t feel embarrassed to receive a compliment or like he didn’t deserve it.

“Can I ask, do you like it here? Aside from me and Mom and Mel and everyone, do you like it here now?”

“Yeah, most of the time. I’m happy here.”

“Why?”

“Life is just, I don’t know, easier. Better. Part of me thinks that if people where I’m from treated each other as gently as people treat littles here, it would be just as good, maybe even better.”

“I’m sure it would.”

“Manda? I’m glad you picked me.”

“So am I,” Amanda said as she got down on her knees next to the tub. “Can I be the shark,” she asked as she took the toy from the top of the water.

“We’re going on a diet starting after New Year’s,” Jamie announced over his full belly.

“We are,” Becky asked.

“Yes. It’s a tradition where I’m from. We go on a diet after New Year’s and quit after four days and then we come to terms with the fact we’re five pounds heavier.”

“That’s sounds like no fun.”

“It sucks, but I think if I eat any more sugar I’m going to skip right past being a little diabetic and lose a toe.”

“What a horrible start to the new year that would be.”

“I know, right?”

“Wanna go play with your new toys?”

“That sounds like a lot of effort right now.”

“I should’ve stopped you after your third cinnamon roll.”

“Meh.”

“We can go for a walk. It’s cold out, but you can wear your snowsuit.”

“Okay.” They waited for Amanda to get out of the shower, announced their plans, and Becky got Jamie bundled up and into the stroller. They headed for the park. There weren’t many people out. The sky was clear, making it even colder, and the sun reflected harshly off the little bit of snow that covered the grass but not the sidewalks or streets. When they reached the park, they headed toward the swing set where a few bigs were playing with their kids. There weren’t any other Littles around.

“Do you think everybody just stayed home,” Jamie asked.

“Probably. I bet none of these people have a little.”

“I’ll come with you if you want me to,” Becky offered. Together the two of them went to play on the jungle gym, Becky ready in case he fell, or more likely in case a little got too aggressive with him.

“He’s cute,” some stranger said to Amanda while she watched.

“Thank you.”

“Is he yours or your brother?”

“Both.”

“That’s kinda awkward. What are you going to do when you move away from home?”

“I try not to think about it. Excuse me.” Amanda went to go join in the play.

Becky was lying face down on her bed topless, having just fed Jamie his goodnight milk. She had him stripped to his diaper and was tickling his back, watching him sink deeper and deeper into littlest headspace as the milk did its thing.

“Did you have a good Christmas, baby bear?”

“It was the best, Mommy.”

“It was my best, too … I wish I had skin like yours. So soft.”

“Yours is soft, too,” Jamie blushed. He ought to know.

“Do you wanna sleep in Mommy’s bed tonight?”

“Mhmm.”

“Ok. Be right back.” Becky put her robe on and went downstairs to the nursery to get an overnight diaper and some wipes. She saw the flickering light in the family room and went to investigate.

“I didn’t know you were still up,” she said to Amanda.

“It’s early.”

“Yeah, but it was a long day. I was just about to put Jamie down in my bed.”

“I hope he had a good day.”

“I think he had a great day.”

“It was a great Christmas. Thanks for all the work you did. I should have helped more.”

“You helped plenty! And thank you for the nice presents.”

“You, too. Even the bed pad.”

Becky smiled. “Maybe it’s time to get him thicker diapers.”

A sudden swell of emotion welled up in Amanda’s chest. “O, Mom,” she moaned.

“What’s the matter, baby,” Becky asked in concern. Amanda had seemed quiet, but Becky had assumed it was because she was tired.

“I … he’s so … I just remembered today how much I love him. I never told you thank you, for doing this. You were so right.”

“I never doubted for a second you had it in you. Even more than me.”

“Was it this hard raising me?”

“No. I got you from scratch. I didn’t have to undo anything, not like with Jamie.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Anything.”

“When he first got here, and he wanted me all the time, what did you think?”

“Honestly? I was so happy to watch the two of you bond, but I was also very put out. Mostly I was frustrated with myself, but I was also jealous of you.”

“Did you ever wish he had wanted to be more like a toddler?”

“At first, yeah.”

“Even after I told you he didn’t want to be?”

“Yes. I thought he’d be happier that way … And I guess I missed having carefree spirit like a toddler in my life. Keeps you young.”

“He’s pretty carefree these days, mostly.”

“And that’s mostly because of you.”

“You could’ve done it without me. He just needed to know he was worth loving. I think we both did that. Wore down his defenses. And he’s not 100% there yet.”

“No, but if he stays just like this I think we can all live with that.”       

Amanda chuckled. “He was awfully affectionate last night. I think he caught the Christmas spirit.” They both smiled at the thought of the past two days, already fading into the warm, hearth-lit memories they’d have for a lifetime.

“I should go back up there. He’s probably asleep by now.”

“I’ll come with you.” Jamie was indeed fast asleep with his thumb in his mouth. He thought he’d give that a try, a spur of the moment thing. Becky got him changed into his nighttime diaper and threw the old one her wastebasket.

“I could’ve sworn I had one of his pacifiers in here,” she said, searching through the drawer of her nightstand. “Ah! Here it is.” She gently pulled his thumb away and put the paci to his lips, which he parted for her.

“I’ll go get some jammies for him.”

“He should be warm enough. You wanna share the bed with us?”

“Yeah,” Amanda said with a warm and happy smile. “I’ll change. And bring the bed pad,” she added with a giggle.

When the three of them were finally in bed with the light out, Becky looked Jamie and Amanda, and she remembered again, as sometimes the thought comes back to us, that life is a miracle, and the people we care about are precious.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
20 minutes ago, Author_Alex said:

“Yeah,” Amanda said with a warm and happy smile. “I’ll change. And bring the bed pad,” she added with a giggle.

When the three of them were finally in bed with the light out, Becky looked Jamie and Amanda, and she remembered again, as sometimes the thought comes back to us, that life is a miracle, and the people we care about are precious.

I know, Amanda is hiding a diaper or pull-up under her nightgown. Of course she doesn't notice that it rode up as she got into bed and her mommy noticed it, but decided not to say anything, yet.

I loved it, thank you.

• Haha 1