LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Volume 1 (Now available on Amazon with a preview of Volume 2)

Chapter 43

“Are you excited for the museum,” Amanda asked.

“Yeah, I’ve been wanting to do this for a while. Why didn’t Mom come?”

“She didn’t say,” Amanda said. The two of them were on their way to Woods Park again, this time headed to the art museum. Jamie was looking forward to seeing art he’d never seen before, a brand new experience. The museum sat on a hill, and at the foot of the hill was a lake lined with a promenade. People were paddling around in rented boats, and at the far end of the lake was a restaurant. The museum itself impressed Jamie. It was, naturally, huge, and its granite contrasted well with the glass that reflected the sun.

Once inside, they stopped at the information desk to get a map. “Excuse me,” the docent said, “We require all littles to be in a stroller unless they’re in the littles wing.”

“Oh,” Amanda responded, “He’s fine. He’s not regressed.”

“Sorry, it’s our policy.”

“Whatever,” Amanda muttered. She was not in a great mood. “Do you mind, Jamie?”

“No, I guess not,” he said, though he really was. He knew it would be hard enough to see art made by giants from his standing height and that much harder from a stroller. Fortunately they’d brought the stroller with them, but they hadn’t planned on Jamie need to be in it the entire time. Rebecca helped him in. They took the elevator to the top floor, planning to work their way back down.

“Anything you want to see first?”

“Nope.”

“You can get out whenever you want. Who cares about their stupid policy,” Amanda said.

The museum was divided by era, with the top floor containing local artifacts and works from Itali and San Siena pre-history. A few items were at floor level, but there were display cases over his head even standing. He was a little embarrassed to ask.

“Can you pick me up?”

“Sure,” Amanda said apologetically. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay.” Jamie noticed that though everything was bigger, it followed the same progression from stone to pottery to bronze to iron. It could just as easily have come from Earth. The moved around the top floor, looking at the pottery and small artifacts that had been pulled from the ground, washed up on the beach, or been found in the harbor and river.

“Excuse me, miss. I’m sorry. It’s our policy for littles to be in strollers when they’re not in the littles wing,” a docent said. To her credit she sounded apologetic.

“Oh, we were just on our way there now,” Amanda told her. She headed toward the elevator with Jamie back on his feet.

“What’s in the littles wing?”

“No idea. But we’re seen most of this floor, so let’s just go to the next.”

The classical period, of what Jamie would call the classical period, show a place that was an active trading and seafaring power, just as he expected of an island nation. Sculptures of giants standing and sitting and reclining in marble and oxidized bronze, most likely to survive all those thousands of years, showed a glimpse into the past. Jamie wordlessly held his arms up, and Amanda put him on her left hip. He scrutinized a row of busts. Amanda dutifully walked from one end of the row and back.

“Hmm,” Jamie said.

“What?”

“Italis were ancestor worshipers.”

“How do you know?” Amanda didn’t know.

“Look at the ones from the first half of the millennium. They’re all beautiful and named for gods.”

“Yeah?”

“And look at the ones from the second half.”

“What am I looking for?”

“They’re ugly. The people, I mean, some of them were ugly. And they have names. At some point they switched from making images of gods to making images of actual people.”

“Huh.”

They worked their way through the floor counterclockwise, avoiding docents and ignoring dirty looks from other patrons. They were moving backward in time.

“Ooh,” Amanda said, “You’ll like this.” In the center of the next gallery was a long rectangular display case.

“Is that a …”

“Yep.” Jamie had never seen a mummy in-person before. It was a little disconcerting, to think this person’s remains were on display, but he reminded himself you couldn’t offend a dead person. The casket was opened and the lid help up so they could see the mummy itself. It’s size intimidated Jamie; this mummy was much bigger than Boris Karlof. Jamie admired the images and early writing on the outside of the casket. They walked the perimeter of the room and looked at other funerary artifacts from the period. Jamie observed that the people whose graves the good had come from must have been rich but not wealthy. Their survivors could afford to bury weapons and semi-precious jewelry with them, but not precious metals or stones.

“I want to check something,” Jamie said. Amanda put him down, and he walked over to the mummy again. He knelt and then laid down on the floor.

“What you are you doing?”

“Come look.” Amanda, somewhat embarrassed, got down on the floor on the other side.

“Look at the inside.” The inside of the casket lid was vibrantly embellished with pictures and writing.

“I never knew that was there.”

“They’re direction probably.”

“To the afterlife?”

“That, or just something to read while he hangs out in there.”

“I’m sorry,” said the docent who snuck up on them, “He’s in the way down there.”

Amanda’s eyes flitted back and forth. “I’m down here, too.”

“Yes, looking at the art.”

“So’s he,” Amanda shot back, losing a little more of her patience.

“He should really be in a stroller. It’s policy.” Amanda got to her feet.

“Fine.” She shot the docent a nasty look but smiled sweetly to Jamie as she held out her hand to help him up. She lifted him into the stroller, and they went into the next gallery, and the next, with the docent following and trying to not seem like it.

“What do you want to do, Jamie?”

“Go to the next floor I guess.”

Amanda sighed. She felt bad for him and was getting angry with the museum and its stupid policy. Young children were allowed to walk around. Why not littles, and unregressed one at that? Still, she swallowed her feelings.

Once on the next floor, Jamie got back out and rode Amanda’s hip. They were looking at paintings now, and Jamie could see the differences between the styles he knew of and the styles he had never seen. The less the art strove for realism, the more the differences stood out. But they didn’t get far

“I’m sorry. Our policy requires all littles to be in a stroller.”

Amanda snapped at the older gentleman. “Well, he can’t see from down there, can he?”

“It’s not my decision. I just …”

“Who’s is it? We’ll go talk to him.”

“You could talk to the manager.”

“Is the manager some poorly paid bureaucrat who got stuck working on a weekend? Is he gonna tell me its policy?”

‘I …”

“Don’t answer.” She turned back to Jamie, who was embarrassed by the people looking at them. “What do you want to do?” The docent rolled his eyes, and Jamie saw it.

“What’s in the littles wing?”

“Things to make art with. Isn’t that more fun than looking,” the docent said, bending over to get close to Jamie’s face and talking to him in higher tone than he had just used with Amanda.

“No,” Jamie stated plainly, “I wanted to see the art from where I live now.”

When he realized Jamie wasn’t regressed, the man straightened up. “Well, you could buy a book in the gift shop.”

“Excuse me,” Amanda said incredulously, “This is a public attraction! We pay for it. How can he be excluded from it?”

“He’s not excluded from it. He just needs to be in a stroller.”

“Where he can’t see it!”

“Manda?”

“What’s the point if he can’t see it?”

“Manda?”

The man was getting flustered. He was just a docent. “I …”

“Don’t have a clue.”

“Manda?”

“Yeah, buddy.”

“Let’s just leave,” he said sadly.

Amanda sighed. His disappointment hurt. “You sure?”

“Yeah.”

“Ok.” She paid no attention to the docent, turned on her heels, and with Jamie on her hip and the stroller in one hand they walked back toward the entrance. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault. We got to see a lot.”

“But not everything. We’ve only been here like an hour.” Jamie was disappointed, but Amanda was increasingly angry. She stopped at the information desk.

“I want the museum director’s card.”

“I’m not sure we have one.”

“Then his phone number and email address.”

“I’m not sure I have those on hand either.”

“Find it! Or the number for anyone who’s not an ineffectual, nametag-wearing underling!”

The woman behind the counter fished around and handed Amanda three cards for different executives, none of them the director.

Back outside it was a nice day out, and the sun and cool air helped calm Amanda down. “We’ll file a complaint or something.” Jamie knew bureaucracy and didn’t expect that to do much.

“What are they afraid I’m gonna do?”

“I don’t know. Touch stuff, throw a fit, break stuff, make noise. Bullshit … Are you hungry?”

“Yeah.”

“Well we got time to kill. Might as well get some lunch.” The followed the sidewalk down the hill and around the lake to the boathouse restaurant. “I’d say we could rent a boat, but that required too bigs. We’d flip over.”

“That’s okay.”

Jamie liked the restaurant. The building itself was made of stone with a timber roof, and the outside was a large, wrap-around deck facing the lake with tables and chaise lounges and and two outdoor bars. “Inside or out?”

“In.” Amanda lifted the stroller over the threshold, and the two of them walked to an empty table. They were approached by a waitress quickly.

“What would the two of you like to drink?”

“I think just water for both of us.”

“We’ll figure out a way for you to see the museum. If you still want to.”

“It’s not the art’s fault.”

“You’re being very calm about this.” Inside, Jamie was less calm and more irritated. The sound of someone being quietly chastised caught their attention. Someone who looked like a manager was saying something to their waitress. He approached them all smiles.

“Hi! I’m so sorry, but we have a section specifically for families,” he said.

Amanda pursed her lips, and her eyes went blank for a minute. Her breathing was audible. “The sign said seat yourself.”

“Yes, but most people just know.”

“I’ve eaten here dozens of times.”

“Oh, well since we took over the concession from the previous operator, it’s our policy. Do you mind moving?”

“No.”

“Thanks for being understanding.”

“I mean no, we’re not moving.”

The manager was taken aback. No one ever said no. They just went with the flow, as eager to avoid confrontation as he was. He hadn’t rehearsed this part. “But the section over there is just the same, and there’s no wait.”

Part of Jamie wanted to tell Amanda it was no big deal, but the other part that was already angry didn’t want to even acknowledge the manager’s existence.

“That’s not the point. We’re sitting here. We’re not disrupting anything. We just want lunch.”

“I’m sorry. It’s our policy.”

“So don’t enforce it.”

That had never occurred to him. Just ignore what his bosses told him to do? He could get fired for that. “I’m afraid I have to.”

“We’d like menus, please,” Amanda replied.

“I’m sorry. I can’t serve you here.”

“Can’t or won’t?”

“I’m sorry, miss, I can’t serve you here, but if you just come …”

“We’re going to eat here.”

“I …”

Amanda was done paying attention to him. “Jamie? You hungry?”

“Yes,” he said, wondering where this was going.

Amanda pulled the diaper bag from under the stroller. “Do you mind drinking it room temperature,” she asked, pulling out a bottle and setting it on the table.

“Miss, I’m going to have to insist you leave.”

“After he’s eaten,” she said, twisting the cap off the bottle.

“Miss …”

“Either serve us or leave us alone or call the police. Just call your boss first and tell him his restaurant is going to be on the news tonight.”

The manager knew that would reflect poorly on the restaurant, but just as importantly would reflect poorly on him personally. What would his boss think his inability to handle this situation?

“Jamie, do you want it with the nipple on or off?”

He didn’t really want the bottle at all, and he’d normally had formula, if he had it, at this time of day it was just in a sippy cup. But to spite the managers, the docents, the museum director, the restaurant owner, the people who gave him dirty looks and the people were giving him those looks now, he said, “On.” Amanda smiled approvingly.

Exasperated and unsure of what to do, the manager walked away but not out of eyesight. He stood in a near corner with his arms folded and glared at them occasionally.

“C’mere, baby,” Amanda said as she lifted him into her lap. He settled back against her, sitting up, and she held the bottle for him with her other hand around he waist, sometimes rubbing his tummy. “Take your time.”

Jamie relaxed and did just that. The formula and Amanda’s familiar lap and he soft hands made him feel better. Jamie’s familiar weight and the smell of his soft hair made her feel better. Jamie finished half the bottle and opened his mouth. Amanda put the bottle on the table.

“I think we made our point.”

“You wanna go get some real lunch now?”

“Yes.” Amanda put the bottle away and then suddenly froze. She straightened back up with a Cheshire cat grin on her face and whispered in Jamie’s ear

“Okay,” he said, suppressing a laugh. Red faced but committed, he let Amanda pick him up and lay him on the table. He was pants down and ankles up in moments. Amanda quickly but thoroughly changed his wet diaper, rolled it up and put his pants back on.

“I think we’re ready to go now,” she said. Jamie nodded. She put him on his feet, and the two of them walked back toward the entrance. Amanda stopped next to the manager, ignoring the eyes on her, some approving and some disapproving, and pushed this rolled up wet diaper at him. He instinctively grabbed it before it could fall.

“You don’t mind throwing that away, do you? Or maybe your boss could do it.”

Amanda took Jamie’s hand, and the two walked out together.

“Hey, Manda,” Jamie asked, “Had you known we were supposed to sit in that section, would you have?”

“I don’t know.” She thought about it. “If someone had seated us there, I guess. I mean, it’s no different. I don’t think I would have noticed.”

“And if you had?”

She wasn’t entirely sure, but she wanted to believe no. “Look, they want to call it a bar and not allow in littles or minors, fine. But they don’t need a whole separate section just for families with littles and kids. That’s just bullshit.”

“How come they let kids walk around the museum but not littles. There was a toddler or two in there?”

“I don’t know,” she said. “Sure would like to fucking find out,” she muttered. She was getting angry again.

“TexMex?”

“A very good idea.” They were halfway up the hill to their car. “I’m sorry this day sucked. Really, this bullshit. You must be disappointed and hurt.” She certainly was.

“The day’s not over yet. Thanks for sticking up for me.”

"For us."

­­­­­­­­­_______________________________

“Hi, Mom,” Amanda announced as they came in the door.

“Hey! You guys are back much earlier than I thought,” she said with a nervous smile. She had just gotten home herself.

“It’s a long story. Maybe later. Jamie, why do you go get ready for a nap and one of us will be in to tuck you in.”

“Okay,” he said and toddled off to his room.

“Where were you this morning,” Amanda asked.

“I, uh, went to see your grandmother.” Amanda tried and failed to hide the look of disgusted at the mention of the woman.

“Why?”

“I don’t know,” Becky said as she walked into the living room with Amanda following. “Closure, maybe.”

“So that was the last time?”

“You don’t have to hate her if you don’t want to,” Rebecca said. “She didn’t do anything to you.”

Amanda’s forehead creased and her features grew tight. Knowing Jamie was down the hall with his door probably open kept her voice down. “How could you say that to me?”

“I just mean, you and her always got along, mostly.”

“Everything she did to you and to Jamie she did to me. And we only got along because she used me as something to make you feel like shit over. ‘Don’t you ever comb her hair? Why don’t you ever dress her up? You’re going to feed her that?’ Fuck her.”

“Amanda …”

“No. Fuck her.”

“I’m sorry,” Becky said, losing her composure. “She’s still my mom.”

Amanda could understand that, but only in the context of genetics and abusive relationships. Amanda sighed and scooted over on the couch so she could put her arm around Rebecca. “I know. I’m sorry, too.” That’s she’s your mom, Amanda finished the thought in her heard. “So where did you guys leave it?”

“Same place. I told she’s not welcome around us and to stop trying contact me through Danny.”

“How did she take that?”

“She said, ‘Fine,’ and left.” Amanda didn’t know what it was like to disown your mother. She could appreciate that Rebecca didn’t have any parents left. Regardless of who and what her mother way, she could understand at least in the abstract how that must feel.

“Thank you,” Amanda said, “For protecting yourself and Jamie and me.” Maybe she could take solace in that. Becky wiped her eyes.

“So what happened to you guys? Why are you so early?” Amanda recounted the entire story.

“You’re going to tell me I should have been calm and not argued with them.”

Rebecca smiled and place her hands on both of Amanda’s cheeks, the pull her in and kissed her forehead.

“No. You did exactly the right thing. I’m proud of you.”

“Even the wet diaper part?”

“Well, at least it wasn’t dirty.”

Amanda chuckled. “Oh, I so would have done if it was. I was tempted to leave it business side down on the table, but then that waitress would have had to clean it up.”

“Well, I’m going to write to the museum director and the restaurant and anyone else I can think of. Those are public accommodations and public art.”

“Think it will make a difference?”

“Maybe not at first.”

“We can’t be the only people this has happened to.”

“Maybe, but how many littles want to see the art instead of color in the basement?”

“I guess I never noticed before that all the littles in the museum were in their strollers.”

“They probably weren’t complaining.”

“Jamie’s probably wondering what’s keeping us.”

The two of them went into his room together. Jamie must’ve grown impatient.

“Aww.”

“Should we move him?”

“Nah. Let him be.”

They left him on the carpet wearing just his diaper and wrapped in his blanket holding is bear.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how independent Littles deal with this bullshit? Or even Littles who would be kept at an older age like my 11-14? I'd probably be taking public transit and riding an electric assist bike around a lot, would they just not let me in? Oooh boy I smell a discrimination law suit...

@Author_Alex

8 hours ago, YourFNF said:

I wonder how independent Littles deal with this bullshit? Or even Littles who would be kept at an older age like my 11-14? I'd probably be taking public transit and riding an electric assist bike around a lot, would they just not let me in? Oooh boy I smell a discrimination law suit...

@Author_Alex

Fortunately discrimination seems rare, but note that Jamie has yet to encounter an independent little. There just aren’t that many of them, perhaps in part because of how difficult it is to live there. Discrimination aside, imagine living in a world where everything is made for people 3 times your size. Think about just shopping, driving, climbing stairs, getting on a bus. Like being disabled but without any accommodations.

As for “older” littles, haven’t seen one of those yet either. Maybe the bigs don’t want their littles to grow up. Maybe no one who wants to go or gets approved to go wants that age, or maybe very few bigs want a little in that age range.

One of the things I most admire about this story is the way you take the time to flesh out the "normal" parts of the community's life and how they affect Jamie. Going to the park, enjoying a neighborhood gathering, going to a museum, etc.: these are not aspects of this dimension that usually get covered because the plots of the stories don't allow the quiet time. But life is mostly "quiet time," and it's great that you show us that too. Another wonderful chapter.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, kerry said:

One of the things I most admire about this story is the way you take the time to flesh out the "normal" parts of the community's life and how they affect Jamie. Going to the park, enjoying a neighborhood gathering, going to a museum, etc.: these are not aspects of this dimension that usually get covered because the plots of the stories don't allow the quiet time. But life is mostly "quiet time," and it's great that you show us that too. Another wonderful chapter.

This! All in there with the showing quiet time stuff :)

I just finished catching up on this story. I've blown many a good hour I should have spent studding on reading this story, and truly no higher praise is possible. Awesome job Alex! You manage to weave so many aspects of Jamie's life in with that of the society and it just creates a wonderfully composed narrative. You have some very profound phases scattered throughout the story that blew my mind. You did a great job summarizing all of the emotions I feel and have felt in the past around my little in a single story. Keep up the great work and I can't wait till you finish the next chapter.

I was so caught up in the archives I managed to miss 5 posts.... I'm glad I took the time to check out this story.

Amanda, Becky, and Jamie are starting to make ripples in the pond of life, Good for them. I'm hoping that others will see unregressed Littles in a new light sooner than later.

As always thank you for sharing your talented art with us here.

On 26. apr. 2019 at 9:16 AM, kerry said:

So true! I totally agree ?

My comments to chapter 43: I am beginning to be a little concerned about the treatment of little's, their future and whether their rights are becoming more and more restricted over time. Maybe things  will change over the years and it will end up being a bad place to stay as a little. If that is the case, will Becky and Amanda still be able to protect Jamie - just a thought I got after reading the chapter.

Chapter 44 Part 1

“Jamie, I have a surprise for you.” Rebecca’s voice was distant. He could make it out plain, but it was so far away he couldn’t understand why she was telling him this. “C’mon, sweet little boy.” In his trance and not conscious enough to know what was happening, Becky lifted the mostly asleep Jamie from his crib and cradled his limp form to the rocking chair. Sitting down, she opened her robe and held Jamie to her breast and stroking his his cheek. He instinctively began to nuzzle her chest, and when her nipple brushed his lips he latched on. He drew on her breast for several minutes before she changed sides, and he drew for several minutes more as she looked down at Jamie with the love of a mother for her little boy. She remember another darkened bedroom where she’d fed her baby girl.

Jaime stopped when he was finished, his lips openings and letting Becky’s go. He sighed contentedly in his sleep, and she felt him stretch just so. She dabbed at the corners of his mouth with her robe, carried him back to his crib, and pulled the covers back over him. “My sweet boy,” she said as she closed her robe and returned to her own bed, where she sighed contentedly and pulled the covers back over herself.

“How’d you sleep, buddy,” Amanda asked,

“Really good. I never slept this well back home.”

Amanda chuckled. Becky had already told her; she was so excited her milk had come in. “I bet. Have any dreams?”

“I don’t remember any. Why are you smiling?”

“Because it’s morning and I’m happy to see you,” she said as she helped Jamie get undressed for his bath. He held his arms up, and she helped into the already filled tub. “How do you feel?”

Jamie’s forehead creased in irritation and concern. “Why? I feel fine. Why are you being weird?”

“Must be the weather. I got you something.” Amanda reached went into the cabinet under the sink and came up with a net of rubber bath toys. “I thought since summer is over and you can’t swim, you might like to just play in the tub.” Jamie looked a little embarrassed. Bath toys were especially childish, he thought and while he liked relaxing in the bath, he didn’t think of it as a place to play.  Amanda tore open the netting and dropped the six animals into the water. Jamie watched the float by.

Not wanting to seem ungrateful, he grabbed the duck and wondered for a moment what he was supposed to do with it. He squeezed it, and it didn’t squeak but it did expel some air and then refill. He held it under the water and squeezed it again, letting it filled with water. Trying to make it look like an accident, he angled it upward and squeezed, catching Amanda right in the middle of her chest.

“You Little stinker!”

“The duck did it.” He did it again. “He’s a very naughty duck.” Amanda responded by grabbing the pig and squirting Jamie back. In dodging her assault, Jamie splashed water all over the floor and Amanda. After trading a few more rounds of fire, they smiled at each other, grinning sheepishly.

“Sorry,” Jamie said, surveying the damage.

“It’s okay. We’ll clean it up when we’re done.” Amanda resumed bathing Jamie. Playing in the tub was really his thing, he thought, but he loved being bathed. The feeling of soap and hands and wash cloths rubbing his body just felt so good, and it was all he could do not to say ‘harder’ when she reached his neck and back. His favorite part was when his hair was washed, the fingers massaging his scalp before he closed his eyes and a pitcher of water was poured over his head.

“Are we doing anything fun today,” he asked as she dried him off. He didn’t understand how Rebecca kept the towels so fluffy. 

“What? Just because I’m off school today you think we should do something fun?”

“Well, we don’t have to.”

“I’m teasing. I don’t know what we can do today. Anything we want I guess.”

“We haven’t been to the park in a while.”

“Oooh. That gives me an idea.”

“There’s an indoor playground for Littles called The Zone. It’s a bunch of things to climb on and slides and ball pits.”

“That sounds fun. Kinda like a climbing gym.”

“Sort of.”

“What will you do there?”

“Day drink.”

“Really?”

“No. I’ll see if Mel or Donna wants to go. I think Jane might be free, too.”

“How come you’re off and Mom isn’t?”

“It’s some university holiday. Founders’ Day or something. Wadduya wanna wear?”

“I guess my workout clothes.”

Jamie was playing in his room when Amanda came back in. “Bad news is that Mel isn’t free, but Jane is. You don’t mind playing with Rosie, do you?” He hadn’t revealed her secret, if it was a secret. He didn’t know.

“No, I’d like to see her.”

“What are you playing with?” Amanda approached Jamie, not sure what was between his legs. His body was blocking her view.

“Nothing,” he said, trying to hide it. He had no chance of doing that.

“Awwww.”

“I just ...”

“It’s so cute!” She couldn’t help but sound like Donna. It was just too adorable.

“I ...”

“You put a diaper on your bear!” She knelt down on the floor next to him. “Was he having accidents? Has he started wetting the bed?”

“I was just bored,” the red faced Jamie replied. He’d planned on taking it off before anyone had seen.

“And you did such a good job, too,” Amanda said as she checked the fit around the waist and leg gathers. “Now you and he are dressed alike.” That was exactly true. Jamie was wearing a daytime diaper and clothes. The bear had on a nighttime diaper and nothing else.

“I was just playing,” Jamie said, feeling embarrassed. Amanda could see and pulled him into her lap.

“I know you were, and I think that’s a very good thing,” she said as she planted a kiss on his cheek. “Plus now you’re not the only one in the house in diapers,” she joked.

“I was going to take it off.”

“You can’t! I don’t wanna clean up bear pee. And what if he leaves giant bear droppings all over the house?”

“He’s smaller than me.” Amanda didn’t see how that make free-range bear turds better.

“What if he leaves any bear droppings all over the house? We can’t have that. I think he’s need to stay in diapers until he stops having accidents for at least a month.” 

“You’re teasing me.”

She hugged Jamie tighter. “I am doing no such thing. I just like seeing you play with your toys.” She picked up the bear and put it over other knee facing Jamie. “See? Jamie Bear and Baby Bear. How do you like that?”

He did kind of like it, but he was too shy to say so. Instead he blushed and leaned against Amanda, reaching out to take his bear as he did. She loved it when he got all blushy and snuggled with her. 

“You ready to go,” she asked.

“Ready when you are.” She checked his diaper and the bear’s.

“You’re both clean and dry. We might have to get your bear some diapees his own size.” Amanda had already packed the bag for the morning, and the two of them went to the Zone.

Jane and Rosie were waiting in a booth. Being a weekday morning, it wasn’t crowded or as loud as it normally got. It was nicer than Jamie expected. He’d been to places like it, but this was more like a restaurant with a huge playground. Better to attract adults, he figured.

“Hey, you two,” Jane said.

“Morning,” Rosie squeaked.

“Morning,” Jamie said as he slid into the booth next to her. “Good morning, Jane.”

“Morning, Jamie. How’s life treating you?”

“Same old,” he said with his nothing-new-all’s-well smile, the one where the left side of his lip curled upward and his eyebrows lifted themselves up. It made Jamie look content and vulnerable.

“You guys can go play if you want.”

Rosie nodded at Jamie, and the two of them slide out of the booth headed toward a ball pit, leaving Jane and Amanda alone.

“Your mom texted me last night.”

“Oh, yeah?”

“She’s beside herself happy.”

“She looked a little glowy this morning.”

“I bet. How did Jamie like it?”

“She didn’t tell you?”

“What?”

“He slept through it. He doesn’t know yet.”

“Really?”

“She left for work let him sleep in. I figured she’d tell him when she came home or let it be a surprise at bedtime.”

“You don’t sound thrilled.”

“I am. I just ... “

“Wish it were you?”

“Honestly? I don’t feel strongly about it one way or the other. I just ... we said we’d wait until he decided how he liked it, but I don’t want to lose out on my alone time with him.” Jane reached over and rubbed her back. “I like feeding him a bottle before bed.”

“I bet if you tell your mom that you still can sometimes. And I think you can adjust his bedtime routine a little so you still get some evening snuggle time alone with him.”

“Like how?”

“Well, how about story time? He can cuddle with you while you read. Or even just quiet time to help him get ready for sleep.”

“I like that idea,” Amanda smiled. “Why did you decide to nurse Rosie?”

“It just felt right. Especially when she first arrived and was so out of it for a few days after I got her home. Really helped us bond. And we kept doing it because we both like it. I like ... providing for her, giving myself to her, feeling her. And she likes being snuggled and having the skin to skin contact and the way my milk makes her feel.”

“Jamie and I did skin to skin contact a couple times.”

“How’d he react to that?”

“The first time he was in such a funk he barely noticed. The second time, I offered and he was happy to.”

“You could do it more. That a good halfway between nursing and not, if one of you isn’t ready.”

“I ... I want to, but it’s also just a lot of work. And I’m not his Mom.”

“Neither is your mom. And it is a lot of work, and you shouldn’t feel guilty about that. You’re 20 and a student and having to stop to pump during the day is a drag.”

Amanda chuckled. “What’s so funny?”

“I just had a funny thought. Blind taste test.”

“Ha! Between you and your mom? You’d win.”

“Why?”

“Just a hunch, but I’d think twenty-plus fewer years probably means yours would taste better.”

They watched as the two littles left the ball pit, Jamie hold her hand, and approached a a climbing structure. Jamie gave Rosie a boost, and she made it to the first level.

“He did the cutest thing this morning,” Amanda said. “He put a diaper on his bear.”

“Awww.”

“I know,” Amanda said, her face flushed. “He was so shy about it, too.”

“He’s made a lot of progress.”

“In a lot of ways. I’m just glad he’s letting himself be the little that he is more often, not always trying to act like a miniature big.”

“I like how he’s so gentle and kind,” Jane replied, nodding toward the two of them. Jamie was on the top platform of the structure and reached down to help pull Rosie up. “He’s so good to her.”

On the top platform, Rosie sat down in the vey middle, and Jamie sat down next to her. “Are you scared of heights,” he asked.

“A little. But I’m okay,” she said in her soft voice.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen you awake without a pile of sand in front of you,” he quipped.

“I do lots of other stuff when I want to,” She retorted in her normal tone. Jamie wondered at how it was like a light switch.

“Are you normal now?”

“I’m always me. That’s normal. But I know what you mean. How have you been getting along?”

“Okay. I met a girl at day care.”

“A girlfriend?”

“No. Just friends. But we did take a naked nap together.”

“Why?”

He shrugged. “Guess we both missed feeling another human.”

“Hmm.”

“And I met her dog.” 

“Good for you. I don’t want one, but I do like napping on them when ones around.”

“Ha.”

“You seem a lot more at ease.”

“I guess I am.”

“You’re not fighting it.”

“Fighting what?”

“Being a little.”

“No, I guess not. With people I trust.”

“That’s good. Do you actually feel like a little?”

“I don’t feel regressed, if that’s what your asking. Sometimes I feel very affectionate toward Mom and Manda. Sometimes I relax by doing things like playing with toys.”

The platform wobbled. Jamie reached out and grabbed a handful of Rosie’s shirt. A moment later, a red headed little boy stuck his head over the edge. “What are you guys doing?”

“Just sitting and talking,” Jamie answered. He held out his hand and the boy ignored it, pulling himself the rest of the way. 

“This is mine.”

“It is,” Jamie humored him.

“Yeah, But I like to share it.”

“Thank you,” Rosie said.

“Wanna jump off?”

“Uh, no.”

“It doesn’t hurt.” He showed them, and they saw he landed on a big pad and wandered off.

“Hmm,” Jamie said, “you sure you don’t wanna try? Looks easier than climbing back down.

“Will you help me?”

“Yeah.” Rosie scooted herself to the edge, and Jamie took her handed. He lowered herself over, and Jamie held on to her, lowering her down as far as he could before letting go. She landed and popped back up, moving out of the way for Jamie to follow. He landed on his butt, and stood up.

“What else is there to okay with?” They went looking fo another distraction and came on a tube with handles on the outside. Jamie pulled them clockwise, and the tune revolved. “Wanna try?”

Rosie started to climb in and stopped before her knee hit the tube, coming right back out. “It smells like vomit in there,” she said with a disgusted look on her face. They went to the ballot instead to pretend to swim. It was harder than real water. They relaxed against the side.

“It’s like a hot tub without the hot water,” he said.  They sat in silence for a few minutes, and then Jamie looked at Rosie. “Can I ask you something personal?”

“Sure. Mind if I don’t answer?”

“No. When you do that, is it on purpose. I’ve been trying to figure out that works.”

“When I do what?”

“You know ... that,” he said and looked pointedly her diaper area, or where he would look if she weren’t up to her belly in plastic balls.

“Sort of.”

“I don’t know what you mean.”

“I think could stop myself from going potty if I tried real hard. And the other thing I know I could, but the breast milk makes it very loose, and it’s easy to just let it happen without trying.”

“Oh ... I’m going to start breastfeeding soon.”

“Does that worry you? Your potty habits?”

“I’m a bedwetter now, I think. And sometimes I forget I peed, but I know when it’s happening and could stop it. I do the other thing on purpose and only when I know I’m getting changed soon.”

“Doesn’t seem to bother you.”

“You can get used to anything.”

“I think it feels good.”

“Yeah ...”

“That bothers you?”

“Just the ... I guess I’m not entirely over it.”

“I know a little who convinced her big to potty train her.”

“And?”

“And it was a lot of work and a lot of tears and a lot of accidents. I think she got to a point where she could make it to the potty two times out of three. But one time is enough. Her big got tired of the messes and the tears and said she was going back in diapers, that she’d be happier if she wasn’t constantly stressed and vigilant about her pull-ups. She cried for about five minutes after she was re-diapered and has been fine and happy ever since.”

“Aren’t some Littles not in diapers?”

“That the rumor. I’ve never met one. Not having access to public toilets makes it kinda hard.”

“There’s gotta be some kind of workaround.”

“There’s always being held over a toilet by your armpits, but I think that a whole let dignified than just wearing a diaper.”

“How come no one makes public toilets for Littles?”

“Lack of a market, I guess. Bigs like us in diapers, and a lot of littles specifically want them. That’s why they came.”

“Hmm.”

“I knew a little, a bit more regressed than me, but, ya know, mostly with it. He hated diapers, but he loved being spanked. That why he came, and he chose a family that was very strict and used spanking as their main way of punishing. They never caught on. They just thought he wasn’t well behaved, but he did it on purpose nine times out of ten.”

“Oh.”

“That makes you uncomfortable.”

“I just don’t like it when people get hurt.”

“Well, in his case I don’t think he was. Just the opposite.”

“I guess I don’t understand that.”

“Meh. To each their own.”

Amanda approached them. “Pizza’s ready.” 

Rosie clapped her hands, jumped up and waddled toward Amanda. Jamie shook his head watching the instant transformation.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I think I have decided that my favoruite parts of the story are when two Littles talk, which is why I may have taken such a liking to Ella at the start. Very much interested to hear more about other Littles and why they chose to do what they did e.g. Littles are like that that one above, who have a fetish more as their interest. Littles who chose to be regressed. (The amount of these Littles seems higher than I would have thought, I was expecting a much lower proportion of Littles to choose that on their form)

I would be also interested in finding out more about the differences in Adoption Agencies. The way the first part was worded seemed to allude to there being several choices of agency. For example, some may allow visits to their big before the choice, some may offer shorter lengths than 10 years as standard, etc.

That being said you have done wonderfully at slowly expanding the world while not detracting too much from the main storyline.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

@Author_Alex

Chapter 44 Part 2

“Hello!” Jamie had been awake for 10 minutes. He waited until he’d used his diaper before calling out. It was easier to go and felt slimier than it usually did. He was afraid he might be getting another stomach bug. Rebecca came in.

“Hey, Jamie bear,” she said. Wow, Jamie thought, that nickname caught on quickly. “How was your nap?”

“Good.”

“You’re getting better at it.”

“What?”

“Napping. You used to wake up all groggy and with a headache.”

“Yeah.” She lowered the crib rail and picked Jamie up, placing him on the changing table and, for some reason, buckling the strap. She unsnapped the legs of his sleeper. As she did, Jamie pondered how on earth these were more convenient than a paid of pants. It sure seemed like more work to him to snap them open, pulled his legs out, change his diaper, put them back on and snap them closed. Either way, he hand to take his pants off and back on again.

“Oh my,” Becky said. “I didn’t think I’d find that in there?”

“What?”

“You have a dirty bottom.”

“And?”

“And usually I can smell your undies as soon as I come in the room, but I guess I’ll have to strt checking now.”

“Why?”

“Because breastmilk doesn’t leave much of a smell,” she said with a smile on her face.

“Huh?” He hadn’t had any breastmilk since Jane left a bottle behind a week ago.

“Last night. You were mostly asleep. Instead of your bottle, you nursed from me.” Jamie blushed. The entire notion of drinking while he was asleep was still unusual, and he felt a little babyish having nursed while asleep, but he knew he’d been doing it for months now from a bottle.

“Um, did I like it?”

“You didn’t complain.”

“Wow.”

“So tonight, instead of your bedtime bottle …” Jamie smiled back at Rebecca. “Does that sound good?”

“Yes, Mommy.” She re-snapped his sleeper and picked him up. “You wanna play while I go make dinner?”

“Mhmm. Where’s Amanda?”

“She’s upstairs resting.” Without me, Jamie thought. Why would she do such a thing?

Jamie followed her out to the living room. He grabbed the TV remote off the couch and flipped until he found something. He didn’t know much about their TV yet. Theirs wasn’t a TV household, not much. He picked an afternoon talk show and listened to some cheerful woman telling people to be nice. Rebecca brought him a glass of water. He grew tired of the screaming crowd of women on TV losing their shit when they reached under their chairs and found a out they were being given a food processor.

Jamie had left his most recent coloring book in the playpen. He walked over to it and looked at the book through the mesh. Reaching up, he grabbed the rim of the playpen and tried to tip it toward him. He quickly realized it was too heavy for him and was as likely to fall over and hurt him. Instead, he lifted himself up and teetered on the edge, figuring out he wasn’t as acrobatic as he thought he was but being too committed to this strategy to do much about it now. The rim served as a fulcrum against his waist. Amanda came around the corner in time to see his feet disappear over the edge as not-quite-somersaulted into the pen with a “oomph.” Amanda shook her head when she didn’t hear any sound indicating an injury. She walked over and saw Jamie looking a bit stunned.

“Do we need to talk about what you could have done differently,” she asked. His head spun around. He smiled guiltily.

“I wanted my coloring book.”

“Mhmm. You could have just asked Mom.”

“Um …”

“Well, now you got your book.” He held up his arms. “Nuh uh. I think you can chill in their until dinner time. Our secret, but fair warning: Mom will put a top on that thing, and your crib, if she catches you doing that.”

Jamie didn’t feel very bad about what he’d done. He started coloring.

“Hey, Amanda,” Becky said as she came in wiping her hands on a dish rag. “Where’s Jamie?”

“In his play pen,” Amanda answered as Jamie simultaneously stuck his hand above the top of the pen and announced, “Right here.”

“Why?”

“He did something very naughty.” What the fuck, Jamie thought, what happened to ‘our secret?

“Oh, what did he do,” she asked with a frown

“I caught him watching inappropriate TV. I’m not even sure I’m old enough to watch someone do that to a stick of butter.” The woman on the TV had a crazed look in her eye as she greased a casserole dish.

“Hahahaha!” Becky sat down on the couch.

“What’s for dinner?”

“Pasta alla gricia.”

“What’s that,” Jamie asked from the playpen.

“Pasta with bacon and pecorino cheese.”

“Geez,” Amanda said. “Feeling a bit peckish?”

“Well, I am eating for two.”

“I think I’ll make a salad for us, too,” Amanda said.

Jamie had no such qualms about the pasta, and by the time he was done his belly was bloated and he had grease on his face. Becky cleaned his face with a wet towel.

“Ya get a little carried away there, Jamie Bear?”

“It was really good,” he said. “I think I need to go running tomorrow.” Before setting him back on his feet when she lifted him out of the chair, she held him up and sniffed his butt.

Well, Jamie thought, that lacks a certain dignity for both of us.

“All clean,” Becky announced. She put him down and gave his diapered but a swat.

“I’ll help with the dishes,” he volunteered.

“That’s sweet of you, but I think I got it. Why don’t you go find something to do in the living room?” She called out to him before he reached the door, “No cooking shows.” He giggled and made a hard right out the door, climbing the stair to Amanda’s room.

He knocked. “Manda? Can I come in?”

“Sure, buddy,” she said. He opened the door and saw she was on her bed studying. He walked over, and she lifted him on to the bed next to her.

“What’re you learning about?”

“Littles,” she said, flashing him the cover of her textbook.

“What about us?”

“It’s about a court case involving a little who tried to become emancipated.”

“Emancipated? Like he had a big and then wanted to be independent?”

“Yep.”

“What happened?”

“You sure you wanna know?”

“Is it bad?”

“No. Well, sorta. It’s kinda sad.”

“I wanna know,” he decided after taking a second to think about it.

“His bigs died in a car accident, and he didn’t have any family. He ended up in a foster home, but he wanted to live on his own.”

“So he wasn’t regressed?”

“No, he wasn’t. The Department of Little Services where he lived said that was impossible, but word got out, and an advocacy group filed a lawsuit on his behalf.”

“Why didn’t his adoption agency just take him?”

“This was before agencies existed. He came here on his own to be adopted.”

“When was that?”

“60 years ago.”

“So what happened?”

“It went all the way to the High Court, and the judges ruled since he had signed away his rights and had been living as a dependent little for so long, he didn’t have standing to contest his placement or the ability to live on his own.”

“Was that true?”

“Historians say it’s not. This was when littles hadn’t been around for very long. Attitudes weren’t as evolved as they are now.”

“They’re not very evolved now,” Jamie retorted.

“Anyway, the court ruled he couldn’t be independent.”

“So what happened to him?”

“One of the lawyers who represented him adopted him. So it sorta worked out.”

“How is that ‘working out?’”

“He wasn’t in foster care anymore, and his lawyer let him live more or less independently.”

“That’s not working out. That’s just the best of a bad situation. He wanted to be free.”

“You’re right. Anyway, it was a long time ago.”

“What would happen now?”

“The case is what led to the agency system. Now the little would be returned to the custody of the agency.”

“Hmm.” The two sat silently, Amanda watching him.

“Mom and I aren’t going anywhere, Jamie.”

“That’s not what I was thinking about.”

“What then?”

“What happens when a little gets old?”

“Old?”

“Like, old. Like, old and sick.”

“There are day cares for them, and their bigs take care of them.”

“They don’t end up in a nursing home?”

“Of course not.”

“They don’t get, like, euthanized when they get really sick?”

“No,” she said as she moved the book off her lap and pulled Jamie closer, “They get taken care of at home by people who love them very much, and when it’s their time they’re kept as comfortable as they can be.”

“That’s good,” he said quietly.

“Hey,” Amanda said trying to distract him. “I made you something during your nap. Or at least tried to.” She got off the bed and took something off her desk, then hid it behind her back. “You have to guess which hand it’s in.”

Jamie grunted in gentle amusement. “The right one.”

“My right or your right?”

“Yours.”

“Wrong,” she said sat down on the bed and took it from behind her back. She opened her hands to reveal a diaper cover, one Jamie recognized. “I added some decoration.” She turned it over to reveal ‘Jamie Bear’ embroidered into the butt. “I can’t really sew well,” she said, embarrassed at the crude effort. “But it’s legible, I think.”

“It’s perfect,” Jamie said as he leaned over to hug Amanda. “Thank you.”

“And I’m gonna make one for your bear, too.”

“Why?”

“So the two of you match, silly.” Jamie smiled at her.

“Listen, it’s almost your bedtime. How about you and I start a new tradition. Before Mom feeds you each night, why don’t the two of us spend some time snuggling. How does that sound? We can even do bedtime stories sometimes.”

“I’d like that.”

“We can pick out a book tomorrow.” Amanda said laid back against her pillows and laid Jamie on her chest. He put his arms around her shoulders as best he could and rested his cheek under her chin. She rubbed his bag and ran her fingers though his hair.

“Hey Manda,” Jamie said quietly, “Would it be impolite to ask Mom to shower before, ya know?” Amanda snorted with laughter in response and nearly cause Jamie to fall off.

Jamie laughed, too. “It’s just … well, you know.”

“Tell you what – how about I ask her about it for you tomorrow?”

“Okay.”

After 20 minutes, Becky came and found them. “Here my babies are,” she said, smiling at the tableau of Amanda and Jamie together. “It’s bedtime for the Jamester.” Jamie sat up silently, feeling nervous. Amanda reluctantly let him go.

“Night-night, Jamie.”

“Night-night, Manda,” he waved from his spot on resting on Becky’s shoulder.

In the nursery, Becky sat down in the rocking chair, picking up a spit rag she’d laid over the arm of the chair earlier. Jamie sat there awkwardly while Becky opened his shirt. With each button, her felt more nervous. He looked away when she opened her bra. It wasn’t they hadn’t done this each night for the past week, just that if felt new again and was weighted with more meaning.

With a gentle finger on his cheek, Becky turned Jamie’s face back toward her, and moving her finger to his chin, she tilted his head up so he was looking in her eyes.

“Are you ready, baby bear?”

“I thought I was Jamie Bear.”

“Yeah, but I like baby bear better,” she said softly. “Is my baby bear ready?”

He looked into her bright eyes, and the nervousness drained away, and he wanted so badly to nuzzle in to her and breathe her smell and feel her warmth and taste her milk. He didn’t answer, leaning his body into hers and beginning to suckle.

Becky drew a sharp breath, then relaxed, looking down at him and support his head with one arm while the other rhythmically patted his diapered butt through his sleeper.

“That’s mama’s good boy,” she said.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It has certainily been interesting to see Jamie slowly sinking into regression over time. The most interesting thing about this for me was the part about the Little from 60 years ago, but then again I am a world building nut! :P

Thank you for thinking about what happens when Littles grow old. But what happens when a Big gets too old to care for their Little? Maybe Amanda will come to that too in her studies.

It was nice, too, to hear more from Rosie. I’d like to see Jamie reading aloud again too. Perhaps if he became known for it, some Bigs would have to rethink their ideas on the role of unregressed Littles.

You wake up. It is Sunday morning and the birds are singing outside. The Sun is already up and shining through the window. You catch the mobile from the bed tabel and check the DD story forum. You got a big smile on your face and start reading the first parts of a new amazing chapter. What a wonderful way to start the day together with Jamie, Amanda, Rosie, Becky and Jane ? Thank you Alex ?